White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 21:28   Link #1362
haleine_sapphire
h0peLesS r0mAntiC
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to haleine_sapphire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impz View Post
I feel mentally drained after that picture. Maybe that is an indication I am still sane...right?

Ya (convincing self)
haha! i think it would be futile to convince ourselves that we are still truly sane...

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Gah I never know who's crazier...honey or sage...its a toss up at this point XD

wonder if other threads have this much fun XD
makes me wonder too...

so far GH is the only thread i know which have this much fun... people here tend to go insane due to some *ehem* intelligent people here...

^_^ ONE CRAZY FANGIRL ^_^
haleine_sapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 01:56   Link #1363
monir
cho~ kakkoii

So, I was catching up to a few raws for Negima and then I hit a block as it seems I don't have one of them. As I was getting it, I decided to watch episode 14. Earlier, the light bulb in my bathroom decided to short fuse. I didn't think much about it at that time. I've finished watching the episode and it's really late at night. Now I'm too scared to go to the bathroom in the dark and I really got to go. Darn it. Why did I watch it now? Why? Why?

And the screen in the following seems to give me the impression, this dude died by hanging himself. Then again, his head is too straight, so I had to dismiss the idea. It creeped me out nonetheless. Then, I thought if he jumped off from the rooftop after tying the end of the noose somewhere on the roof, his head can keep straight as the gravity pulls on the body downward. Shit!

So any ideas how I can concur my fear? No? Pity! I suppose I've no other choice but to be brave by thinking about Queen Lin. <admirable work. my utter respect to Presage for having such fertile imagination!>

*Note to self: buy plenty of spare bulbs first thing in the morning.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 02:08   Link #1364
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Yeah I have to admit I have been pretty creeped myself at times and the music adds to the fear >__< . I watched at times from under my blankie ( I kidd I kidd ). More than the visuals the background track haunts me during those scary scenes. And yes tthis arc is a little more on the scarrier side
Old 2007-03-17, 09:50   Link #1365
Aidan
Am I bad? Yes... Very X(

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeysempai View Post
THIS IS ALL SAGE'S FAULT! DONT BLAME ME! ITS BEEN A WHILE SINCE IVE DONE ONE OF THESE:

Spoiler for NARU VS MAI! :
That makes me want to watch star wars again.

@ monir
You can always watch something or listen to something that is even more scary. Movies don't really scare me, but listening to audio of someone recounting some ghost/shadow person encounter scares my socks off. Especially when people start with, "I wake up in the middle of the night and I see someone standing at the end of my bed." Oh and I find child ghost far more creepy than the adult kind.

BTW has anyone had any ghostly encounters or strange phenomena happen to them?
Personally I've only encountered the knocking sounds at night in the house I grew up in and the odd out of body experience when I was 8 (I was being operated at the time).

Last edited by Aidan; 2007-03-17 at 10:02.
Aidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 09:50   Link #1366
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
I've finished watching the episode and it's really late at night. Now I'm too scared to go to the bathroom in the dark and I really got to go. Darn it. Why did I watch it now? Why? Why?
if youre afraid to go into your bathroom now after just watching epi 14, then youre in big trouble for the arc 18-21
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2007-03-17, 11:27   Link #1367
haleine_sapphire
h0peLesS r0mAntiC
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to haleine_sapphire
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
So, I was catching up to a few raws for Negima and then I hit a block as it seems I don't have one of them. As I was getting it, I decided to watch episode 14. Earlier, the light bulb in my bathroom decided to short fuse. I didn't think much about it at that time. I've finished watching the episode and it's really late at night. Now I'm too scared to go to the bathroom in the dark and I really got to go. Darn it. Why did I watch it now? Why? Why?
oohhhhh.... then your gonna have one hella of time when you watch File 7, the arc frm ep 18-21... d@mn, im now even scared to take bubble baths in the tub!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidan View Post
Movies don't really scare me, but listening to audio of someone recounting some ghost/shadow person encounter scares my socks off. Especially when people start with, "I wake up in the middle of the night and I see someone standing at the end of my bed." Oh and I find child ghost far more creepy than the adult kind.
the sounds effects really helps out in horror movies, frankly i am a wuss when it comes to horror flicks, when the music is starting to build up and you feel as if the next part is scary, i always cover my eyes and just starts to peek at a little hole or never peek at all, until the scary sound is done... lol! good thing im not like that for GH, but i do tend to skip some scenes and just goes back later to watch it all over again... lol (wuss indeed)

i hate it when my nephew sulks at a dark corner near a door coz i always get a fright out of it when i didnt know hes there, i always end up remembering some scenes of "the grudge"... grr!!!!!

Quote:
Personally I've only encountered the knocking sounds at night in the house I grew up in and the odd out of body experience when I was 8 (I was being operated at the time).
i could still remember the time when i was still little that i saw a white lady pass by our house, i know i wasnt dreaming nor imagining things coz my cuz said she saw it too and to think she was already at her teens at that time...

^_^ ONE CRAZY FANGIRL ^_^
haleine_sapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 11:28   Link #1368
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

@Sapphire: your new avy is kawaii!!!! I love the bg and really Naru x Mai is the only way to go

~runs from the Masako fans~
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2007-03-17, 18:38   Link #1369
herbert

No need to run, Bun. I only tell you that Mai is Masako's.
Old 2007-03-17, 18:42   Link #1370
waffo
25% Unknown

Send a message via AIM to waffo Send a message via Yahoo to waffo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
I watched at times from under my blankie ( I kidd I kidd ).
Um, is it bad that I really did watch some episodes wrapped around in a blanket? I'm such a wimp and yet I insist on watching Ghost Hunt with the lights off.

Quote:
I once was showering when the heater turned off at the same time the door opened. It took me years to be able to shower without a pet with me. Also, about a month ago, I felt someone pat my arm during lunch in school but there was absolutely no one around who could/would do that. Everyone thinks it's my friend who died a few months ago.

Oh, and hi to everyone in this thread.
waffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 20:09   Link #1371
inaho

Kya~

Finally got here, Ghost hunt is a highly recommended show.......

As I was watching the epi. 1-23, the scariest was the mansion that was haunted by Urabo, really that was some freakin' s*** man, really gives me the shivers

But something puzzles me, why do Naru is always in Mai's dream?_?", honestly why, why only her>.>" and he only shows his true self to Mai^_^
inaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 20:15   Link #1372
Joojoobees

Quote:
I saw a young boy sitting on the edge of my parent's bed. There was no possible explanation, as there was no extra person in the house at the time. I sat there looking at him for a while and didn't want to move, even though he seemed to be staring straight at me. After a few minutes he seemed to disappear.

Joojoobees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 20:28   Link #1373
-Tock-
'-'V

^One time my parents thought it would be cool to spend the night at the Queen Mary in Long Beach CA, the haunted ship o.o
That was the worst night sleep. I heard music where it shouldn't.... and someone took my juice... it was really creepy there @-@
-Tock- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 20:42   Link #1374
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaho View Post
Kya~

Finally got here, Ghost hunt is a highly recommended show.......

As I was watching the epi. 1-23, the scariest was the mansion that was haunted by Urabo, really that was some freakin' s*** man, really gives me the shivers

But something puzzles me, why do Naru is always in Mai's dream?_?", honestly why, why only her>.>" and he only shows his true self to Mai^_^
Well there are lots of theories on that. Interesting that you say dream!naru is his true self, any reason why? Im assuming youre saying that dream!naru is a real manifestation of real!naru? And if we're keeping track, dream!naru did appear to Masako but she wasnt sure if it was him or if she was really dead but he did appear to someone else.

also welcome inaho and waffo to the thread, beware of honeysempai!!!
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2007-03-17, 21:19   Link #1375
Jenx
Insert Creative Title

Quote:
I might've seen a ghost when I wa a kid and I had Mai-style prophetic dreams (without Naru of course) up through 5th grade. Then the dreams stopped and now supernatural things avoid me. People who do really accurate tarot readings on everyone else try to read for me and it ends up reading for everyone else in the room. My best friend's house ghost (or maybe a poltergeist? I'm no expert) never does ANYTHING when I'm over, which is alot, but is quite active when anyone else is in the house. A friend who claims to read auras well, and my friends say she does (I'm still a skeptic about auras though) says that instead of a normal aura I have a shell that she can't read at all- pretty much just draws a blank. This sort of thing in different variants happens over and over.

So I guess not so much supernatural experiences mostly as such a strong OPPOSITE to supernatural experiences that it's freaky.
Jenx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 22:07   Link #1376
herbert

Quote:
Well there are lots of theories on that. Interesting that you say dream!naru is his true self, any reason why? Im assuming youre saying that dream!naru is a real manifestation of real!naru? And if we're keeping track, dream!naru did appear to Masako but she wasnt sure if it was him or if she was really dead but he did appear to someone else.
But I have a further question. If dream!naru is ABLE to appear to other ppl, why he has only appeared to Mai until appearance to others become necessay?

Upon this, I have made some theories, but none of them is plausible and always end up like some complaints from Masako's fanboy. Whatever, here they are.

At first I tried to convince myself by thinking Mai has a crush on Naru so it is only natural Naru in her dream. But my second thought is Masako also has such crush. Why Mai, not Masako. Does it mean Naru(at least the dream!naru ) has some romance feeling to Mai. As a Masako fanboy, I must say, IT IS TOO UNFAIR!!!

Another guess

Spoiler for I am not sure if this deserves a spoiler tag, I just prevent the worst:

Anyone has better thoughts?

Quote:
beware of honeysempai!!!
Isn't it already a traditional line to welcome newcomers.
Old 2007-03-17, 23:02   Link #1377
inaho

Quote:
What I'm trying to say is that everytime Mai dreams you could see the other side of Naru, the side who always smiles, his soft side.

He usually has this cool, collected exterior whenever his in the presence of Masako and company but whenever his in Mai's dream he's totally different

About the Masako incident, that's different than Mai's. Her case is beyond normal NaruXfriendship/comradeXMai basis cause he always warns and leads her in solving the case, I mean why not Masako? or even John, maybe because Mai doesn't have any experiences with the paranormal phenomena?_? or its plain doki! doki! doki! ^_^kya~

Actually I couldn't tell, in Mai's situation I can cause really she shows it but Naru? really has room for more development b4 I could delve into the romance business.

Quote:
Thanks! Honeysempai=beware @_@"
inaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 23:17   Link #1378
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
Quote:
Isn't it already a traditional line to welcome newcomers.
Hahah! I just find that so funny...sorry Honey .

About dream!Naru appearing only to Mai and once to Masako. As I posted before, I believe dream!Naru is a spirit and not Naru himself. It may be that this spirit takes on Naru's appearance because of Mai's affection toward Naru. Anyhow, I heard that there are certain people who are more compatible to certain spirits than others. So perhaps the spirit that is appearing mostly to Mai is due to the fact that Mai's own soul and that dead soul (we call a spirit) are more compatible than say Masako's; thus, this spirit can enter Mai's dreams (or Mai becomes a medium for it) a lot easier than anyone else. As for why it later appears to Masako may simply be that under that particular circumstance, Masako's soul is a bit more receptive to it, perhaps because she was so frightened or tired or overly stressed that she's able to receive that soul. However, it appeared that that spirit did not appear as clearly to Masako as it did to Mai, which supports my theory that Mai is a more compatible soul to act as its medium.

As for personal ghost experience, when I was about seven, I heard someone knocking at the back door to my aunt's house around midnight. She and I went to open the door but no one was there, and there weren't any footprints or sounds either. It was winter with newly fallen snow, so you would think there would be footprints or sounds of footsteps on snow, right? So yeah, I think it was something unusual.

My cousin, the daughter of the aunt I mentioned above, on the other hand experienced something far creepier. She was doing the laundry in the basement of my aunt's house (same one I mentioned above) when a telephone nearby started to ring. She picked it up and heard nothing. Normal you think but the problem is...the telephone is broken and not connected. (Dang, I'm getting goosebumps just retelling this...brrrrr!).

Another encounter was from my other cousin, brother of the daughter above. He was returning home from classes one late afternoon. His siblings were waiting in the car while he goes in to dump his school bag. There's a narrow stairway that connects the upper floor of the house to the lower floor, which is ground level. There's a door at the top of the stairs and two doors at the bottom (one leads to the laundry room and the other to the groundlevel living room. No one was home at that time. He was near the top of the stairs when he threw his bag into the upper floor, turned around and was just about to go back down when all three doors suddenly slammed shut. He knew that no one was home, that no windows or doors were open - so it couldn't be the wind. To say he was scared is an understatement. He was totally freaked out. He jumped from near the top of the stairs down nearly twenty steps (it was a large house) to the bottom, kicked open the door and ran out. (Ah! goosebumps, goosebumps. I'd probably would have frozen solid in fright, if that happened to me. Dang, I'm getting shivers.)

Almost every single one of my relatives who have ever stayed overnight or longer in that house of my aunt's (same one) experienced one encounter or another (too numerous to recount all - unless you want to hear them). The only exception is my family and me. We haven't seen anything, aside from that door knocking that I experienced and my mom's encounter (but we believe her encounter was more of a dream). The reason why everyone experienced this haunting is because of the house actually. My aunt later dreamt of a young boy (elementary school age) who told her that this house belonged to him. The next day, she went over to a neighbor (whose lived across the street most of her married life) to enquire about the house's history, and low-and-behold apparently there was a child (a son of the previous owners - elementary age, I believe I was told he was ten at that time) that died within that house many years ago from a fever. My aunt and her family stayed there a number of years after that (brave people ) but now they sold it. The house is still there. The new owners installed a white fence and did some landscaping but it still gives me the creeps whenever I drive by during my visits to my relatives. It doesn't help that there's a small forest and train tracks at the border of the backyard either...creepy, totally creepy.

Okay...I'm stopping. I'm scaring myself witless just recounting what my relatives told me of their experiences.

[/TH][/TR][/table]

Last edited by PreSage; 2007-03-17 at 23:33.
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 23:35   Link #1379
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
Yeah I have to admit I have been pretty creeped myself at times and the music adds to the fear >__< . I watched at times from under my blankie ( I kidd I kidd ). More than the visuals the background track haunts me during those scary scenes. And yes tthis arc is a little more on the scarrier side
I actually like Ghost Hunt's music a lot. I probably have listened to the ending theme for about a thousand times already. Very addicted to it. My scare comes from how some of those scary scenes are drawn that tends to leave things on the imagination. The guy, the way he was portrayed as "standing", just gave the impression of how he might have ended his own lie. These kind of scenes sure takes toll on the imagination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manju
if youre afraid to go into your bathroom now after just watching epi 14, then youre in big trouble for the arc 18-21
I'll have you know that I'm not afraid to go to the bathroom any more as I've bought a box of light bulbs with plenty to spare for any future mishaps. Besides, there is always the handy option of watching Ghost Hunt in daylight. See! no one now can question my bravery. hehe~

Quote:
Originally Posted by haleine_sapphire
oohhhhh.... then your gonna have one hella of time when you watch File 7, the arc frm ep 18-21... d@mn, im now even scared to take bubble baths in the tub!
Nothing to fear since I've got light bulbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidan
@ monir
You can always watch something or listen to something that is even more scary. Movies don't really scare me, but listening to audio of someone recounting some ghost/shadow person encounter scares my socks off. Especially when people start with, "I wake up in the middle of the night and I see someone standing at the end of my bed." Oh and I find child ghost far more creepy than the adult kind.
You mean to say that I should watch something even more scarier to negate my fear for Ghost Hunt? Hmm.. This idea sounds so very crazy that it actually might work. I also in agreement that children are far more scary than adult can ever be. The doll arc was so creepy because the little girl talks to her doll. Besides, children are scary just by the virtue, they bite.

P.S. The brave people that don't need blankies while watching Ghost Hunt, should give Kikoushi Enma a try. It's licensed by the way.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 23:55   Link #1380
honeysempai
Lins #1 fangirl / LinxMai

Send a message via AIM to honeysempai
Why is everyone soooo mean to me?!!! *weeps*

Spoiler for MY NEW CREATIONS! GUESS WHICH ANIME THIS IS FROM!!:

LARGE PICS AHEAD
Spoiler for for Lins daughter:

Maybe thats ^ why people are warning new people to this thread about me. XD
honeysempai is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags