AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Old 2007-08-13, 01:50   Link #601
Sikon
この世界は腐っている!

According to the Japanese Wikipedia, Ayane's name is written in katakana, not kanji: アヤネ・ハザクラ.
Sikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-13, 15:35   Link #602
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikon View Post
According to the Japanese Wikipedia, Ayane's name is written in katakana, not kanji: アヤネ・ハザクラ.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't her name written in kana? Isn't kana used in My-Otome to make the names seem like their names are from an English speaking country?
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-13, 16:38   Link #603
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Same_Shark View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't her name written in kana? Isn't kana used in My-Otome to make the names seem like their names are from an English speaking country?
Yeah, kana = katakana.
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-13, 19:36   Link #604
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post
Yeah, kana = katakana.
Ah, thanks. The different kana confuse me. Wasn't sure if it was katakana ot hiragana.
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-13, 22:31   Link #605
disney72
Going Bonklers

can anyone help me.. i posted this in the other thread but hehe it was not the right thread.. so here it is... i was watching my hime over and over still confused with one thing.. who is mai's MIP? if it was tate, her child should have vanished right? was it mikoto?
disney72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-14, 01:11   Link #606
AceMan
Observer

Send a message via ICQ to AceMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by disney72 View Post
can anyone help me.. i posted this in the other thread but hehe it was not the right thread.. so here it is... i was watching my hime over and over still confused with one thing.. who is mai's MIP? if it was tate, her child should have vanished right? was it mikoto?
At first it was Takumi, but he has vanished due to Akira's defeat. Then she realised that she loves Tate and he became her MIP, but he also dissapeared (Shiho's defeat). And in the end she put all her feelings towards Mikoto

If child is defeated, the MIP "dies", but no opposite.
AceMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-14, 04:37   Link #607
Sikon
この世界は腐っている!

Yes, when a MIP dies, the HiME isn't permanently depowered - she will simply be unable to summon the Child unless she finds a new MIP.

(By the way, does this restriction apply to Elements?)
Old 2007-08-14, 21:25   Link #608
disney72
Going Bonklers

ahhh.. ok.. thank you.. i was confused for days because of that... haha..

after i watch mai otome.. i was surprised that haruka has the power of hime and not yukino.. hehehe but its ok..
Old 2007-08-15, 06:01   Link #609
disney72
Going Bonklers

i got another question... who's the other girl that miyu watches over?? (mai otome)
Old 2007-08-15, 07:14   Link #610
Sikon
この世界は腐っている!

Where does Miyu say she watches after another girl? I don't remember anything like that.
Old 2007-08-15, 08:11   Link #611
Silvx

Episode 24 I think it was, Miyu had a flashback "Miss, Those who inherit your blood are growing healthily" If you look closely, that girl in the flashback is Alyssa just not as a bird.
Silvx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-15, 08:45   Link #612
Sikon
この世界は腐っている!

Miyu mentions that Arika is a descendant of "that person". It's possible that it was Alyssa, who is long dead.
Old 2007-08-15, 09:41   Link #613
disney72
Going Bonklers

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...untitled-3.jpg

thats the picture of the other girl miyu is watching over.. hehehe
Old 2007-08-15, 10:44   Link #614
Sikon
この世界は腐っている!

It's Alyssa.
Old 2007-08-15, 16:06   Link #615
disney72
Going Bonklers

wow.. cool.. alyssa is related to arika now.. really cool
Old 2007-08-15, 20:52   Link #616
solarknight123

Quote:
Yes, when a MIP dies, the HiME isn't permanently depowered - she will simply be unable to summon the Child unless she finds a new MIP.

(By the way, does this restriction apply to Elements?)
I thought that the hime could still summon her child, just that the child wouldn't be able to reach their full potential till their mistress found one. For example Natsuki, who could still summon duran w/o an MVP till she relized it was shizuru and mai whos memories for tate let her summon kagutsuchi.
solarknight123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-16, 00:14   Link #617
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarknight123 View Post
For example Natsuki, who could still summon duran w/o an MVP till she relized it was shizuru and mai whos memories for tate let her summon kagutsuchi.
But there was a period where Natsuki couldn't summon Duran and when she did realize it, she finally could.
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-16, 00:52   Link #618
Sikon
この世界は腐っている!

Natsuki's original MIP was her mother. After the meeting with John Smith, when she learned that her mother was trying to sell her to Searrs, her feelings disappeared, so she was unable to summon Duran until Shizuru became her new MIP.

Mai's last MIP, as I understood it, was Mikoto.
Old 2007-08-16, 02:28   Link #619
solarknight123

Quote:
Natsuki's original MIP was her mother. After the meeting with John Smith, when she learned that her mother was trying to sell her to Searrs, her feelings disappeared, so she was unable to summon Duran until Shizuru became her new MIP.

Mai's last MIP, as I understood it, was Mikoto.
I don't think natsuki's MIP was her mom, otherwise if her child was killed, there would be no price to pay for her defeat and when she heard about her mom's deception, she simply lost the will to fight period, hench why she couldn't summon duran. I think that she could summon duran w/o an MVP, but it was her love for shizuru that brough out it's full power. That's just my theory.

As for Mai's last MVP i beleve it was still Tate dispite him being dead. When asked by reito/OL how she would summon kagutsuchi without an MVP she stated herself that "All the love for Yuuichi within me is enough" and has flashbacks of him befor she summoned kagutsuchi and mikoto didn't run through her mind at all when summoning her child. So in doing so Mai found some loop hole in the whole child system
solarknight123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-16, 03:14   Link #620
AceMan
Observer

Send a message via ICQ to AceMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarknight123 View Post
I don't think natsuki's MIP was her mom [...]
Here some people stated that her MIP was always Shizuru, but she didn't realize it till the last moments.

Quote:
As for Mai's last MVP i beleve it was still Tate dispite him being dead. When asked by reito/OL how she would summon kagutsuchi without an MVP she stated herself that "All the love for Yuuichi within me is enough" and has flashbacks of him befor she summoned kagutsuchi
Isn't it the same as in Natsuki's mother matter? You're denying yourself
AceMan is offline   Reply With Quote