AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-09-07, 20:33   Link #1321
Don Roberto
President of Euroslavia

Welcome all newcomers! Follow the rules and respect each other! Oh, and Tren, you may want to try to put a transition at the end of your gif.
Don Roberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-07, 23:20   Link #1322
Necrodeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by superflames
I am from Holland, anyone else from holland?
Yup yup, me too...
Welcome superflames and any other newcomers
Enjoy your stay
Necrodeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 06:11   Link #1323
-RK-
WoW addict

Send a message via AIM to -RK- Send a message via MSN to -RK- Send a message via Yahoo to -RK-
I should prolly introduce myself before I post too much. Lets see. I am a 21 year old guy from Utah. I live in Sandy, which is a suburb of Salt Lake City. Currently I am a college student at Salt Lake Community College finishing up my generals for of all things a Nursing Degree. I currently work at Wal-Mart but will soon get a job doing customer retention for call center called Convergys who has a client in Australia who needs thier help with a Cisco system.

I enjoy reading, writing my own fanfiction, playing PC games (I cant wait for WoW), drawing, and spending time with my girlfriend. I also like anime. My favorite animes are naruto, fma, kenshin, and GTO. I also like to watch anime music videos.

Its now 4:15AM though and I think I need to get some sleep for tomorrow. Ja ne.
-RK- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-12, 16:14   Link #1324
Michelle Alchemy

Hi I'm new here and still trying to get use to the CP.
Michelle Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-13, 08:08   Link #1325
abofass
ATROUSHI_SHWAN

Send a message via MSN to abofass
A newbee

hey am new in here.. i was told of twicw already :P but am trying to do the best i can..
when i check peoples replies they all have a picture under thier user name i already uploaded a picture but i cant see it when make a reply can some one please tell me how???????
abofass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-13, 08:17   Link #1326
CaSe-
胸のひねること

Hello there!

Please introduce yourself here - http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=35

And you can find help to add avatars/sigs here - http://forums.animesuki.com/announce...nouncementid=2

Enjoy your stay and please follow the rules!
CaSe- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-13, 08:20   Link #1327
abofass
ATROUSHI_SHWAN

thank you for your help
Old 2004-09-13, 08:25   Link #1328
abofass
ATROUSHI_SHWAN

helloo every one.... i know its not a good start its seems now i already made three mistakes..
am shwan and am from New Zealand.. any kiwis around here????
will try to learn the rules asap
HAJIME MASHTE all
Old 2004-09-13, 18:13   Link #1329
generalmx
Shoujo Fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to generalmx Send a message via AIM to generalmx Send a message via MSN to generalmx
Hi, just looking for another forum to browse for relaxation. Unfortunately that might not be the case here, but I gotta try, eh?

About me: I'm an aspiring writer. As you can see from my ancient age of 23, it's not easy to become a published writer. Yet that won't stop me. As for fan fiction, I'm always interested in reading fan fiction, but I don't like writing it.

I'm a programmer by training and am in the process of coding an isometric engine for a Korean gaming handheld in native C with some mixture of ASM. I'm just making the engine for fun, and because I'm secretly a masochist it seems.

Because I'm a computer nerd, I have seven computers with two, seperate connections to the Internet. One of the computers is for downloading fansubs from BitTorrent, and another runs a BitTorrent tracker. Now I just need to get my dedicated PVR computer set up and I'll reach a new level of nerdvana.

Anyway, enough about me. Let's talk about you! Well, that would probably be bad with this forum's level of members, but I'm just trying to be polite here. I'm a pretty boring person anyway, all I do is write, program, and watch anime / read manga with the occasional book thrown in. And when the book is thrown in, things start to get messy as it can knock over my computer. Then I usually just throw the book back at the person's face and run really fast.

So, yeah. Hi.
generalmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-14, 13:04   Link #1330
Zoena
Fairy GodMistress

Send a message via AIM to Zoena
Hiya hiya hiya!

I'm from the DA forums, and we see a lot of cross posters from Box, but not Suki, so I thought I'd come say hi!
Zoena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-14, 14:23   Link #1331
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoena
...we see a lot of cross posters from Box, but not Suki
Funny that~

::Bing::

::Taps the microphone::

On behalf of AnimeSuki.com I would like to welcome you aboard this forum. Please direct your attention to the Moderators who will demonstrate the safety features of this vBulletin BBS.

::pause while the moderators and administrators line up::

This forum is equipped with 2 exits clearly labeled "Log Out"; one at the top of the page and one at the bottom. Please take a moment to locate the exit nearest you realizing that the closest exit may require you to scroll up or down. At this time please make sure that your forum log in information is kept safe and that you are running the latest security patches for your browser. To tighten your security, change your passwords regularly. When leaving the forum after using a public computer, please make sure the browser isn't saving your information and that you have logged out completely.

Our forum is post-moderated for your comfort; however, if there should be a sudden drop in post quality, Moderators may appear on the threads. If they do not, please stay calm; simply click the report post button, enter the reason for bringing the post to the attention of the staff and breathe normally.

If you are browsing with small children, please be aware that we operate a chiefly PG-13 content policy; you may wish to examine the content and maturity of the discussions before assisting your child.

::Bing::

At this time please make sure that you have read and fully understood the rules as you prepare post.

On behalf of the forum crew I would like to thank you for choosing AnimeSuki and I hope to be able to deal with any questions you may have in the near future.

::Muffle-Muffle-Click::
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-14, 15:54   Link #1332
Zoena
Fairy GodMistress

You have enough admins and mods to line them up? Lucky you! DA admins are just the owner, the coder and me and neither of them ever go into the forums, so it's just me and almost 20,000 users.. *tears hair out* Oh well, it's worth it! ^.^

I'm already confused tho, my title is FullForum AlcheMistress and "forum" is ****'d out?

I also see max image height for siges is 60! Wow, tiny! I'll take mine down right away, sorry! *bows* gomen, gomen!

So what's fun to do around here? where do all the cool kids hang out?
Old 2004-09-14, 15:58   Link #1333
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoena
I'm already confused tho, my title is FullForum AlcheMistress and "forum" is ****'d out?
I believe that is to stop you putting something in your user title that makes you look like staff; like "Forum Admin" for example

oh, I think most of the "cool" kids hang out in the Naruto forum ^_^;
Old 2004-09-14, 16:05   Link #1334
Zoena
Fairy GodMistress

I see, I see.. I simply smooshed together all my titles as I am a forum addict, fullmetal fangirl and harem mistress...

And you'll never catch me in the Naruto forums, I get enough of those trying to controll them elsewhere already.. If I'm on another forum I want to RELAX!
Old 2004-09-14, 16:07   Link #1335
Babak

Noo! NightWish! I can't belive you did this! The 1337th post was supposed to be mine!

Welcome to AnimeSuki everyone.
Babak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-14, 16:07   Link #1336
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

You want Fan Art forum then... a nice quiet browse through some of the fantastic works we have there will have your troubles soothed away in no time
That or a YKK thread or two if you can find them

Edit: ah, sorry Babak... well, I guess you snooze you lose

Last edited by NightWish; 2004-09-14 at 16:14. Reason: typo ^_^;
Old 2004-09-16, 14:57   Link #1337
Pyro
無謀な火

Send a message via ICQ to Pyro
newcomer here from Turkey just looking for another great anime forum. I have been reading many things in aimesuki but I just decide to register...I'm extremely pleased to meet you all
Pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 21:06   Link #1338
Oneesama
本當に愛してるなら, "鰻食べる?”ってきかないで

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyro
...I'm extremely pleased to meet you all
same here~ ^___^ welcome to the Forum, and have fun~
Oneesama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-17, 14:07   Link #1339
EfrainMan
Scourge of the Seven Seas

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWish
I believe that is to stop you putting something in your user title that makes you look like staff; like "Forum Admin" for example

oh, I think most of the "cool" kids hang out in the Naruto forum ^_^;
Actually, I think most of the "cool" kids try to stay away from the Naruto forums to preserve their sanity <-this smiley is used a LOT in there.

And if you're trying to preserve some kind of innocence, stay away from the Naruto forums, too.
EfrainMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-17, 14:41   Link #1340
Diaphanus
Usor Linguae Latinae

Well, I posted elsewhere in the Animesuki forums a few times, but I suppose this will be my official introduction post.

I chose the username Diaphanus because it is similar to Diaphanes, which is a firefly genus. Hotaru Tomoe from Bishōjo Senshi Sērā Mūn is my favorite fictional character. The Japanese word hotaru means firefly. So my username reminds me of my favorite character!

Diaphanus is a Medieval Latin word that means transparent. Yeah, I use Latin pretty often. In fact, I have some pages that are relevant to that language. My site is DIES GAUDII ("Day of Joy").

My favorite anime series is Bishōjo Senshi Sērā Mūn (Latin: Pulchra Puellaris Miles Nautria Lunae). I'm also interested in Maria-sama ga Miteru (Latin: Maria Virgo Vos Videt) and Shingetsutan Tsukihime (Latin: Vera Lunaris Fabula Principissa Lunaris).

For those who are interested, I have an About the Creator section for my site.

Tags
introduction, new members