AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-07-10, 03:06   Link #3921
Kreceir

Riot has a thing with having rivals that really compliments each other.

Godlike shield + aoe stun + damage, Kayle and Morgana.

Nasus and Renekton, Godlike slow + Stun + Their ults.

Twisted Fate + Graves, Goldcard stun + That graves burst and if they (or 1 of them) Gets away TF can always use his ult. Or this combo, When TF uses his ult, Graves uses his blind so they can't see where Tf will be ulting too...

Kha'zix + Rengar, that Single targeted burst is too powerful.

Senjuani Ult + Lissandra's Ult + Ashe Ult to finish it off.

Now Imagen Thresh and Lucian.

Thresh Hooks the enemy ADC and goes in and uses his ult, Lucian follows up with his Ult burst him down.

I'm pretty sure A slow for 99% 2x in a well played Box you hardly can't miss Lucian's ult.
Old 2013-07-10, 03:18   Link #3922
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ You forgot Garen + Katarina for spinning to win, J4 and Swain for knock-up into root with double slow and a wall, Kassadin + Malzahar for DAT SILENCE (although I prefer the bot combo of Malzahar+WW for double suppression) and my personal favorite, a Leona/Diana combo of stun, crescent strike, double dash with bonus damage, double explosive shield and an extra pull/dash from Diana, just in case.

That's what synergy is all about Although imo Kha'zix and Rengar don't need to form a combo, they are both assassins with insane burst potential
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 09:37   Link #3923
Kreceir

^ I indeed forgot about those.

I would say Leona and Diana is also a personal Favourite.

Lunar Rush into the enemy team with or with out using Cresent Strike, Use Moonfall to pull them all in, Combine that with Leona's Solar Flare and you just won your team fight and possibly the game.

Best combo would be for me.

Top Malphite or Wukong
Mid Orianna
Jungle Diana
ADC, anyone with any AOE, I prefer Miss Fortune
Support Leona.
Old 2013-07-10, 10:37   Link #3924
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Just battled against Kayle/Vayne/Ezreal/Ryze/Ashe, with AP Ez @ mid, Ryze solo top, jungle Ashe and Kayle/Vayne at bottom...the things I live to see o_0 Bots were harder than this <_<

Winning games with Ahri and Zyra, they're just too awesome to pass on. In light of Lucien's release, I've started saving up to get him and Thresh when he's out. Just another 50 games to go~
Old 2013-07-10, 22:08   Link #3925
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Wow, Najin shield, that shen/eve combo to start team fights was just genius to use and amazing to watch when executed so strategically.

Edit: Wow frost 13-0s IM#1 and also puts vayne's record as 6-0 in ogn summer so far...
MAL

Last edited by Kotohono; 2013-07-11 at 00:22.
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 11:01   Link #3926
Kreceir

I main Supports, so who main support here?
Gotta say, I'm in love with Morgana and Karma.
Zilean Support isn't really working for me that well, gotta practise him more often.

But back to Morgana, I'm quite sad that I don't see people playing Morgana that often.
Be it mid or Support.
Talking about Support Morgana.

Her Passive (Although it got nerfed quite a bit) gives her enough sustain when your harrasing / helping your adc farm.

Her Dark binding is quite obvious, Rather on of the best snares personally.

Her Torment soil is just pure bliss when ever you try to harass or help your adc with farm / Clear minion waves when ever your lane is pushed.

Her Spell Shield is one the best shields in this game, It neglects Caitlyn traps so I can easily clear them, same with Blitz/Thresh/Nautilus Hook.

And then you have her Ultimate...
Since you are the support they Won't focus you first in a team fight. If its necessary just use your spell shield on yourself and go in and use your ulti.

The amount of times I can get my ulti off and Stunning 5 people is pure joy and the feeling you just won the game.

I usually tend to build her as a standard Support. So I won't go for Zhonya's since its quite expensive and I rather want to use my gold for Wards / Pinks / Oracles.

But if I am ahead like 0/0/6 I will go for an Early Liandry's if I already have my Sightstone / Kage's / Philo Stone

1, CD Boots (Or Sorc) / 2, Ruby Sightstone / 3, Twin Shadow's / 4, Liandry's / 5, Shurelya ( OR Mikael's ) / 6, Pink Wards and Oracle. (Or Zeke's if I don't need pink wards)

Boots enchantment, I usually tend to go for Captains, But if we are on the losing side I go for Homegaurds.
Old 2013-07-13, 11:33   Link #3927
Witch of Uncertainty

I main support and mid. I have tried Morgana support, and I do like her, though I must admit I need more practice with her.
My most played is Janna, but I feel like I can play Zyra, Nami and Leona equally good. Thresh and Sona needs some practice.

About Morgana mid, I love playing that. My only problem with her, is that her damage falls off hard Late-game, and so does your farming, since W ticks pretty slow, and everyone else just steals your farm meanwhile.
I still play her a lot in soloqueue. Her spellshield is insane (and makes her practically ungankable), and in mid-game, if you have played correctly, you hit like a bitch.
Witch of Uncertainty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 11:36   Link #3928
DemonOfWrath

Yep, another support main here, and I'm in the middle of a gigantic love affair with Leona. Right when I was musing that I wanted a tankier more aggressive support she goes into free rotation and my god it's amazing once I learnt how to judge when to jump in.

Being able to seriously duel adcs for the first 10 minutes or so of the game changes so much about supporting as you can threaten and scare the enemy lane just by standing vaguely near them, and once you start getting ahead you simply dominate the lane by being able to go "Right, I'm standing here, and if you get anywhere near the minions I'm going to come over and beat you into the ground, and THEN my adc will join the fight as well. Your move.". Other supports (say Lulu or Thresh) can zone but they're also scared as hell of taking a few hits, Leona isn't and it just feels empowering.
DemonOfWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 14:26   Link #3929
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
I main Supports, so who main support here?
I don't really main any role atm, though I play fair bit of support Lulu, Sona, and Leona my top 3 played by far with others played occasionally.

I haven't really picked up Karma much yet, her support style feels weird to me.
MAL
Old 2013-07-14, 01:33   Link #3930
Kafriel
Senior Guest

At the moment, Leona and Thresh are the two most played supports in EUNE, so when others get Leona, I insta-lock Morgana :P Black shield just completely shuts down Leona's kit, which works around micro-stuns and the short leash from zenith blade...and Morgana is tanky enough to trade with her on a regular basis, if necessary.

I don't know why people go for a support Zyra when she's a mid goddess - even if people dodge her Q, having to avoid the seedlings gives her insane zoning power (and for good reason, since their damage is INSANE). As for escaping, even with her E on cooldown, she can always place a seed in front of her escape path and force her chasers to either walk around it or slow down a bit.

Quote:
I haven't really picked up Karma much yet, her support style feels weird to me.
Karma is also among the powerful supports right now. As with Leona and Lux, she is to be played offensively, shielding the ADC and initiating with a WRQ to root and slow an enemy. However, she cannot initiate teamfights, only help the team with a major speed boost from her shield, which makes her a less popular choice compared to others.

Quote:
1, CD Boots (Or Sorc) / 2, Ruby Sightstone / 3, Twin Shadow's / 4, Liandry's / 5, Shurelya ( OR Mikael's ) / 6, Pink Wards and Oracle. (Or Zeke's if I don't need pink wards)
I never get to complete more three two items on a support champion - boots, two gp5 items and a ruby sightstone is pretty much full gear. The rest goes to wards in order to alleviate the burden from the team's jungler, since they are far more item dependent than supports. Boots enchantment is almost always distortion, since I tend to run tp/flash a lot.

There isn't really a "bad" support champion, Taric, Nunu, Sona, Nidalee and Janna are as good as they used to be, with their killer combos still working, as long as you don't get counter-picked. As for my personal favorite, it's Zilean for a number of reasons:

1) Early-game dominance with bombs and double bombs shaving off 40% of a carry's max HP.

2) Mid-game resurrection turning tables at teamfights, giving time for the team to organize a better counterattack.

3) Late-game haste for ward placement. Seriously, a permanent MS of 500+ is just amazing. Time warp is also the longest slow in the game, lasting 5.5 seconds, so it completely shuts down enemy junglers without a dash even at LV1 (2.5s duration).

His passive is also useful, though I'm not sure if this + awareness can give a LV4 at red without going for the little golems, but it definitely helps the slow junglers hit LV6 a camp faster.

The only downside is that people are used to supports that are either mostly offensive (Leona/Lux) or babysitters (Sona, Taric, Soraka, etc.) and the odds of someone queue dodging increase quite a bit when I lock Zilean...

edit: As I find the role of support to be the easiest to play, I don't really main supports and instead opt for harder roles like middle carry or jungler (currently jungling Vi). However, I don't have a set position in the map and just pick up the leftover roles at the end of selection, ending up pretty good in everything.

Last edited by Kafriel; 2013-07-14 at 02:11.
Old 2013-07-14, 02:19   Link #3931
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
I don't know why people go for a support Zyra when she's a mid goddess - even if people dodge her Q, having to avoid the seedlings gives her insane zoning power (and for good reason, since their damage is INSANE). As for escaping, even with her E on cooldown, she can always place a seed in front of her escape path and force her chasers to either walk around it or slow down a bit.
Zyra is popular as a support much because with just sorc shoes and Liandry's Torment she deals a lot damage especially on her plants.

Did I mention the plants also make for a strong force on baron/dragon control?

Also Nidalee is a terrible support, unless you're picking for a siege comp with someone like Varus, Caitlyn, or Ashe, imo. (She works with those 3, but I would never suggest her with any others as Nami is pretty much 100% better with anyone else).
MAL
Old 2013-07-14, 02:23   Link #3932
DemonOfWrath

I'd disagree about Nidalee as a support, from my experiences (playing against them) she either does the role of support properly and due to a lack of utility becomes a bit useless in fights, or builds some damage to be useful and neglects support duties too much. There's probably a good middle ground but it'd likely need a lot of gold, and most other supports can affect a fight greatly without needing that.

Staring down a Nid as the opposing support always makes me grin, you can tell from their starting items whether they actually know support, or if they've been forced into it and are just going to build AP and thus offer no challenge to controlling vision.
Old 2013-07-14, 02:53   Link #3933
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Nidalee makes a good support; she has a heal and AS buff, a potent poke and a trap that provides vision for an extended period of time. Doesn't have to get close to deal damage but can still pounce/transform and javelin toss in order to pick up a runner. Her cougar form helps a lot when taking on objectives or turrets and imo all she needs is sorc boots and sheen in terms of items.
Old 2013-07-14, 03:40   Link #3934
DemonOfWrath

I find that the javelin ends up rather pathetic if you don't build AP, it's long range sure but it's far easier to dodge in laning than say a Lulu E->Q, and later on there'll be much more MR and health. The trap is useful, but not in a fight, which is my main contention with Nid as a support.

Other supports will have heaps of stuff they can do in a fight (eg Lulu again: bits of damage, slows, shields, hard cc, speed boosts and a heal/aoe knock up on the ult, all from range). Nid has a poke, the heal/AS buff, and that's about it unless you want to risk getting in close with cougar form.

Again the problem is most of the stuff Nid provides requires damage to be built to really be useful and without it you just don't bring all that much compared to most other supports. You just have no real presence with the amount of gold you'll get as support.
Old 2013-07-14, 04:53   Link #3935
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ Not really, javelin max base damage can exceed 500 (~360 pure value after average MR calc) which is more than the casual 350 damage poke (before calculation). Takedown deals bonus damage on injured enemies, so pounce->takedown can be quite deadly. Her 60% AS buff is solid, her bushwhacks last 4 minutes each and being revealed directs the location of a teamfight.

To take Lulu as comparison, she can't do anything by herself, while Nidalee can run around, go through thin walls, deal some serious poking damage and set up a teamfight before initiation. Of course, supports with major CC are faster to accomplish their role, but compared to other babysitters, Nidalee gets the job done just as well or even better.
Old 2013-07-14, 07:12   Link #3936
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

If you max javelin first you're not much of a support as you have to neglect the heal/steroid. The only thing you can do is hope the vast majority of your javelins hit and push the other duo (preferably without sustain) out of lane. When it comes to ganks where you end up at a disadvantage, though, you're almost useless as nida doesn't have any peel.

IMO a good Lulu, Nami, Zyra etc. will always be a better support than an equally good Nida. It kinda works but others fill the role way better.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 08:18   Link #3937
Kreceir

I AM IN LOVE WITH NAMI

Her passive and her E with a Vayne as your adc you can get away easily, of have a much better chase.

and her Ulti, Its a bit cocky to say but, I like more then Sona ult just because of the range of it.

And if I don't get my Support role, I tend to go Jungle.

Nasus and Nautilus are usually to go Jungler role for me since they are more Support Junglers Which I like the most since I like being a Support.

And they scale pretty good with out having expensive items, just have to keep up with the Levels.

And if my Midlaner goes Katarina for Example, I tend to go Fiddlesticks / Amumu.
Old 2013-07-14, 08:21   Link #3938
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Favourite Support = Sona. Poke, Heal, Game changing ult, Team speed buff. Haven't played her since her nerf (again) though.

Favourite Jungler = Lee-Sin. Can't beat this guy's mobility and with such a high potential with high skill cap this jungler is just stupid fun. Really good early and mid game, but contrary to what most think you are decent lategame because Lee-sin brings a lot of peel for your carries. I xferred to the new ocenia server (getting 60 ping instead of 300) and now I can do the Q + Ward behind opponent + Ult with good consistency now.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 08:59   Link #3939
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
And if my Midlaner goes Katarina for Example, I tend to go Fiddlesticks / Amumu.
You can't go Amumu, he's perma-banned

Nami's worth her money, she's got everything you'd want in a support.

I prefer having Lee at top because he can trade heavy blows and is a mean punisher, ganking with Lee in the team is just so much easier than with your average top. He's a decent jungler too, but since I don't have him, I focus my jungling on Vi, J4, Shen and Nautilus.
Old 2013-07-14, 10:42   Link #3940
Kreceir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
You can't go Amumu, he's perma-banned
Shhh Don't say that Please,

I can Play Amumu in Normals Though
If its Blind Pick No one will Pick Amumu...

Last time I said that, I couldn't play Amumu for the past 4 games ._.

Tags
league of legends, lol