AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-03-31, 21:34   Link #21

Send a message via AIM to Karma Send a message via MSN to Karma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biohazard
I threw a letter in the letterbox of my friend telling him that he can get free games at a video game store because they need to dump old stuff.
He actually went there and showed them the letter, and they needed like 30 minutes to find out that it was a hoax... lol, i laughed so hard

I don't think ill do anything tomorrow ...
I think it's a felony to put stuff in peoples mail boxes (atleast in the states)
But I don't think I'll do anything. I'll probably skip school and go see a movie.

Old 2004-03-31, 22:29   Link #22
ff7799
Banned

Send a message via AIM to ff7799 Send a message via MSN to ff7799
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma
I think it's a felony to put stuff in peoples mail boxes (atleast in the states)
But I don't think I'll do anything. I'll probably skip school and go see a movie.

I honestly you all are just kidding around with this stuff lol. Man tommorrow really will be a scary day, people will do anything on april fools day.
ff7799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-31, 22:43   Link #23
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ff7799
I honestly you all are just kidding around with this stuff lol. Man tommorrow really will be a scary day, people will do anything on april fools day.
I'm actually looking forward to what SomethingAwful does for April Fools. It was pretty funny last year
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-31, 22:48   Link #24
Slade xTekno
Tekkaman Blade!

Knowing me, I'll probably be subjected to all the jokes at my school...
I'm a guy who believed guillible wasn't in the dictionary, that the sky was purple, and will always fall for that sneaky shoulder-tap thing...
Oh, expect a fun sig/av combo from me...
Slade xTekno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-31, 23:02   Link #25
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
Here in Colombia we have something similar, it's called " dia de los inocentes" or day of the innocents, is the 28th of december, the catholic celebration of the day of the inoccents ( the day Herodes kill every jewish newborn in order to kill baby jesus).

I never did any pranks, but i remember my dad doing one. He told all my cousins that he was taking them to a vacation trip. Since we all live in Bogotá, who is a cold city all year, to have a vacation trip to some warm place with a pool was a thing to be extremly happy, they all started to make their bags when my dad called them and said to them " pasenla por inocentes!!!". After that my cousins wanted to kill my dad!!! it was cruel...
mantidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-31, 23:10   Link #26
RichMan
????

Hmmm, tomarrow i'm letting my friend barrow one of my Naruto SVCD's. Maybe I can prank him by giving him something bizarre or just plain freaky.

Do you guys got any ideas on that?
RichMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-31, 23:20   Link #27

Send a message via AIM to Karma Send a message via MSN to Karma
Quote:
Originally Posted by ff7799
No I'm serious.
There's reallynot much legal stuff to do on Arpil Fools. I wanted to construct a gay robot that looks like my friend, and have it hit on people. But I thought of that last nite, so I all I could come up with was a C program that played a voice clip, 'I'm Brian, a gay man who wants you,' and he was comprised solely of cardboard and glue.

Old 2004-03-31, 23:43   Link #28
Biohazard
-kanashii~desu-

Send a message via ICQ to Biohazard Send a message via MSN to Biohazard
Why is it wrong to put a letter in a letterbox? Oo not like it was a bomb or anything ... anyways, i live over in germany, and the gaming store people laughed when they found out too ... heh
Biohazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-01, 00:07   Link #29
Dopeskills
Thigh Master

Send a message via ICQ to Dopeskills Send a message via AIM to Dopeskills Send a message via MSN to Dopeskills
Ok, so I took off the cover to the heating vent in my roomates room. I then placed a carton of leftover chinese food in the vent and resealed the vent cover. By tomorow morning it should stink bad enough that there will be a wicked smell in his room whenever the heat kicks on. (and he'll have no idea where its coming from...)
Dopeskills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-01, 01:57   Link #30
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
dopeskillz- nice. try making a duct tape wall over his door so he cant get out of it (to be dont at night.

epoxy quarters to the floor of a cleaner/washing machine place

cups of water. on the floor. rim to rim. takes awhile, but man is it worth it.
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-01, 02:03   Link #31
Slade xTekno
Tekkaman Blade!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopeskills
BASTARD!!!
LOL! Happy April Fool's Day!
Old 2004-04-01, 02:16   Link #32
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

It could be alot worse. trust me.

thank your lucky stars one of my other forums went down...
Old 2004-04-01, 03:15   Link #33
Shinobu_Maehara
eternal Shinobu lover

Send a message via ICQ to Shinobu_Maehara Send a message via AIM to Shinobu_Maehara Send a message via MSN to Shinobu_Maehara Send a message via Yahoo to Shinobu_Maehara
I'm not going to do anything unusual today, it's just getting up going to work etc. ritual :P

Nobody will be fooling me today.
Shinobu_Maehara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-01, 03:31   Link #34
ZhouYu
^im with stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biohazard
Why is it wrong to put a letter in a letterbox? Oo not like it was a bomb or anything ... anyways, i live over in germany, and the gaming store people laughed when they found out too ... heh
its considered tampering with mailboxes... mailboxes are federal property... so its a federal crime...
ZhouYu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-01, 04:03   Link #35
HoboGod
Necromancer

one of my favorite bit torrent sites (which i'm not going to mention because it hosts licensed material) changed all of the links into japanese kanji and posted this:

Quote:
Unfortunately I have some bad news for everybody that does not speak Japanese and some very good for those who do.

Because of the recent events, like huge increase in page hits from Japan and a lot of problems with other coutries, we have decided that is in our best interest to only focus on the Japanese visitors. Thats why you could have already noticed the change in menu buttons at the top of the site. We decided we will start slow and will everyday change a bit of the site, until it is completley changed. I hope you understand why it had to come to this, but the Japanese people are simple more suitable for this kind of website. We are sure other bittorrent sites will soon follow us, since they will soon realize, that they will have no future in other countries, except Japan.

Also, since we got so many donations this time, we decided we will buy a satellite, that will be orbiting Japan's space and that is where (removed by HoboGod) will be hosted. The satellite will be sent it to space today at 5 PM GMT. We hope that the take off will be smooth and there will be no problems...

Thank you all!
i thought that was fucking hullarious after i figured out it was a joke. XD
HoboGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-01, 09:18   Link #36
ff7799
Banned

Send a message via AIM to ff7799 Send a message via MSN to ff7799
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboGod
one of my favorite bit torrent sites (which i'm not going to mention because it hosts licensed material) changed all of the links into japanese kanji and posted this:

i thought that was fucking hullarious after i figured out it was a joke. XD
Grr, I'am going to sit by and watch out for fake torrents, thats about it, damn these baka's I'll freggin punish anyone that messes up my regular anime scehdule today by posting fake links or video files, and when I hit it hurts( no one understands it but test me).

edit : that metal pipe in my avatar isn't just their for show.

Last edited by ff7799; 2004-04-01 at 09:32.
ff7799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-01, 11:52   Link #37
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

how long did that take you? a full... paragraph?
Old 2004-04-01, 15:53   Link #38
daliinn

Today at my school there were three seperate walk offs. Also halfway through the day some people set off stink bombs at practically every entrence to the school

i love this day.
daliinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-01, 16:15   Link #39
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

This is weird. Around here it's perty darned quiet for April Fools this year. Last couple it's been the gag of the minute with all kinds of insanity piling onto insanity. This year I haven't seen jack squat here at work so far. No gags, no jokes, no pranks, nada. Everyone seems just so...well, cautious. Kinda like someone's gonna do some butt kicking if one single joke happens. It's just too weird. Last year we were the prank capital of the state. This year it more reminds me of a mortuary. Sheesh. And I brought a whole bag of goodies this year. Oh well.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-01, 16:18   Link #40
Slade xTekno
Tekkaman Blade!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
This is weird. Around here it's perty darned quiet for April Fools this year. Last couple it's been the gag of the minute with all kinds of insanity piling onto insanity. This year I haven't seen jack squat here at work so far. No gags, no jokes, no pranks, nada. Everyone seems just so...well, cautious. Kinda like someone's gonna do some butt kicking if one single joke happens. It's just too weird. Last year we were the prank capital of the state. This year it more reminds me of a mortuary. Sheesh. And I brought a whole bag of goodies this year. Oh well.
You did see the announcement against April Fool's, right?
You'll get banned for a week for pulling something [someone in the "General Anime" forum got it by pulling a lame "Naruto and One Piece were licensed by 4Kids" prank].