AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-12-02, 10:43   Link #741
Sox

I love Chikane before she turn evil, however being evil an all make her even more sexier. Damn she hot!!!
Sox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 12:32   Link #742
ati

I really curious who is the real soul mate of Himeko, could it be Souma ? no way I do not agree with that I think Chikane is her real soul mate however I 'm waiting for the 8th head of Orochi , I think there's chance for him to show himself up and do something interesting
If someone dislike Chikane coz she is a female but she still in loves with a girl like Himeko ,it's not fair , I try to think in a different way , Chikane doesn't love Himeko coz Himeko be a girl but Chikane loves Himeko herself ,she love Himeko like the way Himeko be not because of Himeko's sex ,it just someone she love is a girl , if Himeko is a boy but Himeko still be herself as she always be , I think Chikane still love her.

Does anyone agree with me in this point?

I just start to saw all ep. again something is so strange in middle of ep.2 , Does anyone can remember when Himeko pass out , Ogami sensei saif something to Chikane he said like " there's something you have to decide" what is it ? is that mean he just said about the duty of them as Miko ? or there 's something else that we still don't know .

Hoho... anyway I think Chikane should better stay with Orochi guys cause she can laugh no matter she laugh for what or what is she thinking or is that real laugh or not, when she stay with Himeko, she look so painful because she have to listen some bad thing about Himeko and Souma ,she can not show her feeling how bad . Something which make me laugh in this series is Orochi guys they look funny and very interesting.

Go Chikane kill everyone and rule the world!

Last edited by ati; 2004-12-02 at 14:19.
ati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 19:13   Link #743
klath

Man, all hell is breaking loose. I have a feeling Tsubasa will make another appearance to save Souma from Chikane.
klath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 21:30   Link #744
Marine-RX179

Quote:
Originally Posted by ati
If someone dislike Chikane coz she is a female but she still in loves with a girl like Himeko ,it's not fair , I try to think in a different way , Chikane doesn't love Himeko coz Himeko be a girl but Chikane loves Himeko herself ,she love Himeko like the way Himeko be not because of Himeko's sex ,it just someone she love is a girl , if Himeko is a boy but Himeko still be herself as she always be , I think Chikane still love her.
Well that's how it is in the real world as well. Some of the gay couples (ok, for you own safety and avoid throwing up, try not imagine guy with guy, but to think about girl with girl instead. There are lots gay couples that they are not really stamped as 'gay' because they are interested in people of the same gender instead opposite gender...but the fact is that it's just the person that they are in love just so happened to be of the same gender that's all.
However at the moment in the current society, most of the people are still to narrow minded to understand that, and first thing comes to their minds is 'gay'=wrong+disgusting+perverted+disgrace.

Gay people don't really bother me that much....as long as the 'guy couples' are not kissing and touching each other within my sight.....I think you know what I mean.....'girl couples' (good looking ones hehe) on the other hand, they are welcomed to do that even right in front of me anytime...lol
Marine-RX179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 21:44   Link #745
overfiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by klath
Man, all hell is breaking loose. I have a feeling Tsubasa will make another appearance to save Souma from Chikane.
If anything, Tsubasa is waiting for the right moment to pull Souma kicking and screaming into Orochi's cold, hopeless embrace. Just as it looks like he'll beat the Orochi within him and change his fate, Tsubasa will show up with the last scale to cover Souma. Then Chikane delivers the deathblow to both of 'em.
overfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 22:28   Link #746
Isochroma

Mainstream Anime? Pioneering work, for sure...

This series seems to be pioneering the depths (or heights?) to which contemporary anime can travel! Imagine, a mainstream series that appears, on viewing the first episodes, to be typical shoujo with mecha battles and mysticism. Remember, this is a mainstream production: young boys and girls all over Japan will have been watching this innocent enough series until they reached episode 8. There, they will get to see one of the leading characters rape her best friend in a cold and violent fashion.

Does anyone know if any other mainstream anime has ever been so frank, so totally ruthless in its clear portrayal of lesbianism and even rape? My congratulations to the animators and many others who have worked hard to bring us such a vividly contortionistic and brutally honest series full of intense art, rarely-seen depths of human passion, corruption, pain and love so intense they become bitterly entwined like thorny vines.
Isochroma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 22:49   Link #747
AzureLight
I've Sound Freak

Send a message via ICQ to AzureLight Send a message via AIM to AzureLight Send a message via Yahoo to AzureLight
Quote:
Originally Posted by isochroma
This series seems to be pioneering the depths (or heights?) to which contemporary anime can travel! Imagine, a mainstream series that appears, on viewing the first episodes, to be typical shoujo with mecha battles and mysticism. Remember, this is a mainstream production: young boys and girls all over Japan will have been watching this innocent enough series until they reached episode 8. There, they will get to see one of the leading characters rape her best friend in a cold and violent fashion.

Does anyone know if any other mainstream anime has ever been so frank, so totally ruthless in its clear portrayal of lesbianism and even rape? My congratulations to the animators and many others who have worked hard to bring us such a vividly contortionistic and brutally honest series full of intense art, rarely-seen depths of human passion, corruption, pain and love so intense they become bitterly entwined like thorny vines.
Though KnM is like what you say, it's not the first lesbian anime, it's not the first one to portray rape (which is, to me, had very little detail but the symbolism is very apparent). Although it is an awesome anime, I can't really imagine it being up there with the likes of, let's say CCS and Eva.

Lastly, sorry for being a pessimist - it's not like I'm not hoping for it to be successful.
AzureLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 00:30   Link #748
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by overfiend
If anything, Tsubasa is waiting for the right moment to pull Souma kicking and screaming into Orochi's cold, hopeless embrace. Just as it looks like he'll beat the Orochi within him and change his fate, Tsubasa will show up with the last scale to cover Souma. Then Chikane delivers the deathblow to both of 'em.
More like Souma has made Tsubasa realize he had gone evil for all the wrong reasons and redeems himself.
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 00:55   Link #749
chibipoe
Just wandered in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar
More like Souma has made Tsubasa realize he had gone evil for all the wrong reasons and redeems himself.

Um. What show are you watching? Because I don't see any signs that Tsubasa's interested in redeeming himself. He dropped the fight because a) he knew he couldn't win and b) Chikane as his opponent would send Souma spinning into the embrace of the Orochi that much faster. Tsubasa may be roachy, but he's SMRT.
chibipoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 01:46   Link #750
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibipoe
Um. What show are you watching? Because I don't see any signs that Tsubasa's interested in redeeming himself. He dropped the fight because a) he knew he couldn't win and b) Chikane as his opponent would send Souma spinning into the embrace of the Orochi that much faster. Tsubasa may be roachy, but he's SMRT.
why do you think hes been reclining on that gate for all this time with tha dazed look on is face. He's been pondering his misspent afterlife as an Orochi as a result of the battle with Soumo, and now realizes that he must rejoin with the forces of good by helping out his little bro.

Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 07:28   Link #751
Archaic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isochroma
Remember, this is a mainstream production: young boys and girls all over Japan will have been watching this innocent enough series until they reached episode 8. There, they will get to see one of the leading characters rape her best friend in a cold and violent fashion.
Bull. Depending on your location, the show plays sometime between midnight and 4am on weekdays. Hardly a "mainstream" production, and certainly not something little boys and girls are going to just accidently stumble upon.
Archaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 09:06   Link #752
Lance

Isn't Shonen Ace a monthly anthology magazine for boys?
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 10:27   Link #753
overfiend

Talking

If I remember correctly, Girls Bravo runs in Shonen A - we know what that series is all about, don't we? Fanservice! Gobs and gobs of it. Ooorah!

Oh. Boobies!! Glee!

Don't mind my inner hentai. He's an idiot.
Old 2004-12-03, 13:17   Link #754
The Yellow Dwarf

My speculations going from Takemi Ikazuchi-san's guesses:
Spoiler:
The Yellow Dwarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 13:55   Link #755
Takemi_Ikazuchi

Needs more sea shells and cheesy love love combination attacks.

Edit: I just listened to the radio drama.

By now you should know that I compare this show to Kiminozo quite often, but now it's official.

Reiko-sensei (manga-ka orochi) plagarized Haruka's charm for her Yuri manga.

Last edited by Takemi_Ikazuchi; 2004-12-03 at 14:48.
Takemi_Ikazuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 14:43   Link #756
ati

I can not download Kannazuki no miko from SS , I have to wait until a4l release ep.9 , why they take so long time to release ep.9, I really need to see ep.9.
ati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 14:45   Link #757
overfiend

Incidentally, has ep 10 aired yet?
Old 2004-12-03, 16:15   Link #758
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance
Isn't Shonen Ace a monthly anthology magazine for boys?
ya thats right, Kannaduki no Miko is serialized in Shounen Ace magazine so its Shounen and its not Shoujo.
(Kannaduki no Miko anime is also Shounen, it doesn't really matter if it follows the manga or not, its still Shounen(targeted at male audience)).

Last edited by NeoSam; 2004-12-03 at 17:21.
NeoSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 16:37   Link #759
Takemi_Ikazuchi

episode 10
Spoiler:

Last edited by Takemi_Ikazuchi; 2004-12-03 at 18:16.
Takemi_Ikazuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 18:08   Link #760
overfiend

What happened to episode 10?

Tags
action, mecha, romance, shounen, yuri