AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2014-12-08, 18:53   Link #55481
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Yes and no... yes, they look pretty different from each other, but they are virtually identical to their respective Chifuyus. S2 went with Okiura's version of Madoka for her facial features but CHOCO's body type, so I guess we can go with that.

Shoulder-length dark (green) hair that can be generally described as being 'wild, spiky, and wavy' but that doesn't do it justice. I guess a 'thick, wavy bob cut with spiked bangs' can suffice.

She's also rather thin, thinner than Chifuyu was back when she was the same size/age. Arguably because Chifuyu was a lot more active and studied swordplay while Madoka seems to be a gun nut. They both still have crazy agility but that might be come from being enhanced by the IS rather than natural strength as Chifuyu demonstrates. Tabane pointed it out playfully since they made Madoka have a relatively slight physique.

Wide, light brown eyes, lighter than Chifuyu's by a few shades but possessing a crueler tint to them. Chifuyu's glance/glare is tinted by strictness while Madoka's is slightly psycho. Even so, she can be said to have a similar 'cold beauty' that Chifuyu also has. She's usually frowning but it doesn't make her less pretty. In fact, I think all Orimura look stunning when they are frowning/glaring.

As for clothes, judging by her personality, she's just wears what Squall gets for her. I don't see Madoka as being one who shops at malls for what she wants. Squall would definitely have to twist her arm for her to come along. In the anime, she always had on her IS suit and a dark cloak to cover herself so as for fashion... it's really up in the air.
Old 2014-12-08, 19:53   Link #55482
bitmeister
Expert Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Well, we can try to put her in different clothes. I won't call them straps, more like bindings, but I think that she'd like dresses with some sort of frill to them. Either that or that's what CloudSquall buys her. The call of 'high fashion' and everything. Look up some crazy, dark colored, runway fashion and she could wear that.

As for physical characteristics... First thing's first, which Madoka do you prefer visually? CHOCO's or Okiura's?
am I the only one that is reminded of the fifth element by this?
Old 2014-12-08, 20:47   Link #55483
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

I'm currently imagining a situation where Tabane meets Philip...
Old 2014-12-09, 08:24   Link #55484
I'm-here-present

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Yes and no... yes, they look pretty different from each other, but they are virtually identical to their respective Chifuyus. S2 went with Okiura's version of Madoka for her facial features but CHOCO's body type, so I guess we can go with that.

Shoulder-length dark (green) hair that can be generally described as being 'wild, spiky, and wavy' but that doesn't do it justice. I guess a 'thick, wavy bob cut with spiked bangs' can suffice.

She's also rather thin, thinner than Chifuyu was back when she was the same size/age. Arguably because Chifuyu was a lot more active and studied swordplay while Madoka seems to be a gun nut. They both still have crazy agility but that might be come from being enhanced by the IS rather than natural strength as Chifuyu demonstrates. Tabane pointed it out playfully since they made Madoka have a relatively slight physique.

Wide, light brown eyes, lighter than Chifuyu's by a few shades but possessing a crueler tint to them. Chifuyu's glance/glare is tinted by strictness while Madoka's is slightly psycho. Even so, she can be said to have a similar 'cold beauty' that Chifuyu also has. She's usually frowning but it doesn't make her less pretty. In fact, I think all Orimura look stunning when they are frowning/glaring.

As for clothes, judging by her personality, she's just wears what Squall gets for her. I don't see Madoka as being one who shops at malls for what she wants. Squall would definitely have to twist her arm for her to come along. In the anime, she always had on her IS suit and a dark cloak to cover herself so as for fashion... it's really up in the air.
Chifuyu is stunning when she is being strict, that much is a fact XD

But anyway, if Chifuyu is sword and Madoka is gun, then what will be Ichika?
I'm-here-present is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-09, 10:42   Link #55485
demino_hellsin
That one guy

When Orimura Ichika stepped up to the Infinite Stratos called Byakushiki, he felt an intense sense of familiarity with it. Not in the way that he knew this machine like he rode it in a past life or something. It felt more like the sensation was similar to a past experience.

He smiled bitterly. It was something like that he supposed. Ichika put on the haphazard pile of equipment on the floor by himself. Amazing the technicians as the bulk of these pieces usually required assistance, especially for intimidated newbies. Ichika held no such shyness nor trepidation.

"Get ready. There's no time to make the adjustments since the match is already starting. You'll just have to let the IS tune itself to you on its own.", resounded the voice of his sister in his skull. Her face popped up on a screen displayed directly onto his corneas.

Ichika flicked his eyes away from the image of her. A slight dip in the corner of his lips as he grumbled out a reluctant, "Whatever.".

Back in the control room, Orimura Chifuyu watched as the screen on her end turned black from the cut off connection. She stared at the screen, asking herself the same question she always had for the last five years. 'Why was Ichika being so distant with her?'. The young woman wondered if it was due to her strictness in raising him but he had never exhibited resentment before then. Even more, she eventually whipped the stubborness out of him one way or another, literally or figuratively.

"Maybe it's a phase?", a meek but cheerful voice chimes in, jumbling the troubled woman's thoughts. Chifuyu looks down to the person seated in front of her. Another young woman with short green hair and spectacles half the size of her face. The woman smiles kindly at the stoic perplexed look on Chifuyu's face and explains, "You were thinking out loud."

Chifuyu shrugs, mortified but not embarassed to hysteria. She shakes her head and says, "I'd appreciate it if you mind your own business Yamada."

The words are harsh and the tone is biting, but the woman with green bowl shaped hair does not mind. She sees past the aloof exterior and sees the frustated muddled mess inside. Yes, Orimura Chifuyu had to be perfect, immaculate. As enjoyable as it was to break her image, it was necessary to keep the status quo going. Everyone depended on her, saw her as superhuman and so placed their faith in her as support. Yamada was one of few who saw past that perfection straight to the human. But hypocracy is part of human nature, and Yamada was also one of the many that needed Chifuyu to remain perfect. So she acquiesced to the request and bowed her head before referring back to the controls. Her demeanor as if that conversation never happened at all.

"Orimura Ichika.", Yamada voiced into her mike. "The catapult is yours.", she smiled softly, "Good luck.".

Ichika nodded back in the garage. "Got it.", he said to no one in particular. His only other companion, his childhood friend Houki, assumed that he was replying to the advisory in the speakers. However that was not the case. Rather than a conversation, it felt more like words spoken out of habit.

"Will you be okay out there Ichika? You didn't pay much attention to training.", Houki worriedly accuses the young man.

Ichika gives her a sardonic smirk. "It felt more like you were beating the crap out of me for not keeping in touch the past decade.". Houki blushes at the accusation, because it's actually true. She would not confirm it, but she could not deny it either. She was a horrible liar. The young man barks a laugh as he tells her in mirth, "Don't sweat the small stuff Houki.". Ichika looks down at the horribly unproportional limbs granted to him by the armoring of the Infinite Stratos. "I'm not exactly new to this kind of thing.".

Houki curiously asked, "You've piloted an IS before?".

Ichika gave a cryptic smile, "Not even once.".

"Orimura Ichika, please enter the arena."

Both occupants of the hangar hear the demand over the PA. The young man turns back to his childhood friend. "Seeya in a few babe. Try not to kill anyone while I'm not around.", he chuckles at a flabbergasted girl.

He flies off, wind whipping as his acceleration kicks around the stale air in the enclosed room. Ichika launches himself out to the rectangular window of light in the distance. But for a split second, Houki saw something that shouldn't be there. She saw something on the back of her childhood friend's neck. Or rather, embedded in the flesh behind her childhood friend's neck.

"Were those... implants?"

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2014-12-09 at 19:50.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-09, 18:44   Link #55486
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

...who is that person? They are not Ichika... 0.0 lol

~*~

"Chifuyu-nee...Chifuyu-nee...time to wake up..."

"....nnngh, leave me alone," she mumbled into her pillow, turning her head away from the evil being that would dare rob her of this bliss.

"Onee-chaaan~ wake uuup~"

**'Onee-chan'?**

An eye cracked open and she turned her head to look over her shoulder at the two faces staring at her. They all blinked at the same time.

"...what is it, Ichika? Madoka?" She slowly sat up, rubbing he sleep out of her eyes.

**Madoka...?**

The younger girl leaned up on the bed, her little feet dangling off the end. "Chi-Chi needs to get up," she smiled brightly as she uttered the baby nickname for her older sister, who blushed profusely at that.

"Do-don't call me that," she growled, her fingers darting out to tickle the younger girl, who squealed in glee. Ichika looked on with a smile.

"'C'mon Chifuyu-nee, breakfast is ready."

"Un," Madoka exclaimed, hopping down beside her twin brother. "So Chi-Chi needs to hurry up so we can go!"

Chifuyu stared at them, before looking around at the room she had found herself in. A girl's room. There was her shinai in the corner along with her kendo gear. The posters of DBSK on her closet door (oh god, why did she remember that). This was the room she had when she was a teenager.

"Chifuyu-nee, are you okay?"

She looked back at his concerned face for a moment before she put a hand on his head. "I'm fine, I just feel a bit woozy from yesterday."

"That's okay, we know," he smiled. "That our sister is the strongest in Japan."

"Yeah! The way you beat everyone in the tournament was awesome," Madoka chimed in, holding her hands together as if holding a shinai and started flailing her arms.

"Not like that," Ichika tried to correct her but she just whacked him on the head with her hands. "Hey! That hurt!"

"Haa haa! I beat Ichi-nii! I'm the strongest imouto in Japaaan~!"

Chifuyu found herself laughing as her two younger siblings chased each other out of her room as she got out of bed herself.

**This... This definitely is...**

After a quick visit to the restroom, she walked down the stairs, holding a yawn back.

"Ah, here she comes!"

"See, I told you I got her up!"

"Okay okay, I'm sorry I doubted you, baby," the woman's voice instantly woke Chifuyu up, her foot, freezing just an inch from the next step.

"We should know better than to doubt our children when they say they did something. They are Orimura, after all," a gentle yet firm voice spoke, sending tremors up Chifuyu's spine.

** There...There's no way... Ichika... do you even know who they are...? **

She almost fell the last few steps as she rounded the corner and looked at the dining table.

"Onee-chan! Hurry, hurry!"

"My my, Chi-chan, you must be more aware of yourself now. Ichika is a growing boy, you know."

"There's my samurai girl! Champion of the National Kendo Tournament!"

Chifuyu could only stare at the two figures at the table alongside her siblings, a long-forgotten feeling welling up in her eyes. This couldn't be them...no, why are they back in her life - in their lives?

"...'Tou-chan...'Kaa-chan...?"

~*~

Just thinking by writing.
Old 2014-12-09, 21:15   Link #55487
coco6561

Ok crazy Idea.

Tabane (Wherever that crazy rabbit has her lab.) Really misses her sister Houki. For some reason it says her number is blocked and she can't get her new number no matter she hacks... I mean tries. So whats a genius insane bunny girl to do? Make a robot version of her favorite sister.

Robo-Houki
coco6561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-09, 21:29   Link #55488
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

^ I'm guessing that robot is the complete opposite of the original personality-wise.

And Mecha-Houki sounds way cooler.
Old 2014-12-09, 21:41   Link #55489
coco6561

Nah. my idea was that it was like the origional Houki. With a few minor changes. Like Robo-Houki calling Tabane Onee-sama. and maybe having a glitch where it falls in love with Ichika.

The real Houki would get upset and challenge her metal counterpart.

Last edited by coco6561; 2014-12-09 at 22:17.
coco6561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-09, 21:44   Link #55490
demino_hellsin
That one guy

It's an Ichika that was disillusioned with his sister's parenting methods. She's always had his best interests at heart, but because of that she's been ignoring what he wants. Unlike canon Ichika that takes this suppression of his own desires in stride(probably sign of strong character or doormatness, I dunno), this Ichika is someone who's grown bitter and resentful against his elder sister. The person that has never really allowed him to flourish, so long as he's safe and growing properly in her eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A white blur came barreling out of the hangar doors. Students crowded in the packed stadium began to scream. The star of the show had arrived, Orimura Ichika was in the house. The young man landed right across from his opponent in a surprisingly agile recovery from a sharp dive. Onlookers had expected a large impact and the young man damaging himself before the fight even began, but he touched down with only a moderate shockwave that was felt only by the person standing not more than several meters away.

Cecilia Alcott was not impressed with this Japanese monkey. He was showing off too much. Just because he was the only male IS pilot alive didn't make him special in her eyes. So long as he didn't have the strength to back up his claim to fame, he was worth nothing. Uniqueness yielded nothing if no profit was to be gained. In this case, being a man did not make one a better IS pilot. In fact, in her mind, it made you worse. Because women were those who had always been acclimated to the use of the Infinite Stratos, there was no way a man could be more skilled in any way, shape or form.

The young man stood before her with a cheeky grin. "Ready to get this started princess?", he gestured for her to come at him with an index finger wiggling come-hithers.

Cecilia's lips tightened into a scowling line before she breathed out heavily and in again. She calmed herself down before her temper got the better of her, it was unsightly for a noble to throw a tantrum after all. "I'm not here to play game you cur.", Cecilia pointed her Starlight Mk. II rifle at her opponent, "I'm here to put you in your place.".

Ichika grinned like a fool, "Suit yourself lady.". He held out his gesturing hand and clenched it tightly, "I didn't plan on letting an incorrigible prat like you get a free ticket out of this butt-kicking anyway.", his face suddenly became dead serious as he said, "I'll crush you. Definitely.".

The threat brought a thin smile to the British cadet representative's face, "I'd like to see you try.".

The bell rung without them hearing the countdown. Both machines took to the air with amazing speed. Cecilia putting distance between themselves while Ichika rushed forward with immaculate ferocity."

"Come, Blue Tears!", Cecilia cried out as the four fins attached to the shoulder armor of her Infinite Stratos came off. They fell towards the ground, but accelerated on their own power halfway. Ichika was just about to get in arm's reach of Cecilia to get a right hook in when one of the fins shot a laser at him.

"Yikes!", Ichika swerved just in time to miss running into that trap while his own attack missed. He frowned at the fin while cruising around the arena, "Oi, what the hell is that?".

Cecilia's smile remained this as ever, if not pleased and sensual, "Don't you like it? This is my Blue Tears' special equipment, BT bits. They're remote weapons that allow me to attack from a distance and from different ranges.".

Ichika clucked his tongue, "Tch, mobile weapons. Should have known.". He rolled his eyes and quickly accessed the weapons panel in his software. "C'mon, give me something to work with in dealing with those stupid things... Oh? What the!?!?!?!?"

ENGAGING YUKIHIRA MK. II.

Ichika stared dumbfoundedly at the sword that materialized in his hand.

"You..."

He stared at it hard and curled his fingers around it in a deathgrip.

"You..."

The grip turned murderous and one could hear the metal of the handle and the IS' arm creak under the pressure.

"YOU HAVE GOT TO BE FUCKING KIDDING ME!?!?!!?", he exploded. He turned a sharp gaze towards where he thought the command room would be at. "YOU SEND ME OUT HERE TO FIGHT A SNIPER AND ALL YOU HAND ME IS A FUCKING SWORD!?!?!?!?!? UGH!", the young man threw his hands up waving the slab of metal around in indignation. "Seriously, the woman", he pointed accusingly at Cecilia, "has remote mobile turrets and you lend me a goddamned sword.".

"Calm down idiot.", Chifuyu scolded harshly, unaffected by the tirade of her little brother, even if he was facing the wrong way and not even at a camera that would put him face-to-face with her. "That's an upgraded version of my old sword, Yukihira. It might be short-ranged but it's attack is top class. If you use its barrier void attack correctly then you'll win, no problem.".

"Oh wait, I'm the idiot?", Ichika cried in indignation. "I'm not the one who sent a guy out with a sword when his enemy clearly has a fucking sniper rifle. It doesn't help that you likely knew she had mobile turrets.".

Chifuyu huffed, "You would have missed with ranged combat anyway. She has much more experience than you and her shield would render stray shots moot.".

"At least I would have hit her or something!?!", Ichika grumbled. "An IS practically has infinite ammo cheats on anyway and-".

PING!

The young man spun around and skillfully parried a shot aimed for his wing with the Yukihira.

He turned an irate eye to the perpetrator and growled, "Excuse me. I'm trying to have a conversation here.".

Cecilia was equally incensed, "Well I'm trying to have a match. Have at you!". The young British woman gave her battle cry as she fired her sniper rifle in the young man's direction.

Ichika parried once more then glared in the skybox's direction, even though that was not where the target of his anger was actually at though he didn't know, and said, "We'll finish this conversation later!". The boy in white armor turned to his azure adversary before charging in with a roar.

The offensive charge surprised Cecilia but she was not inactive in repelling him. Her BT bits fired and so did the rifle in her hands. Each one was precise enough to create a cage that would strike him with a beam no matter where he dodged, but that was a non-issue. Ichika merely blocked one on instinct with his blade glowing an intense white. It created an instant safe zone for him to fly through and he shot past that point like a speeding bullet.Cecilia grit her teeth and momentarily dropped control of her bits to dodge. She dashed back and the blade sweeping towards her missed her nose by a hair's width. She felt her shields sear for a moment but did not dwell on the fact long enough before she drew back her bits into consciousness. "Fire!", she gave the command.

All 4 laser equipped drones shot towards Ichika and there was no time to dodge or block. He took them all to the body and that was all she would write.
Old 2014-12-09, 22:17   Link #55491
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

White Elf: All these authors are promoting violence with the IS. In that case I'll--

Me: *Gently pushes rifle away* No one asked for your audience yet. Get back to the storyboard, we're changing your name again.

White Elf: Again!? That's the third time today!

Me: And yet still preferable to you butting into my head every five minutes for the past weeks!
Old 2014-12-10, 02:02   Link #55492
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Violence?

~~~~~~~~~~~

That's all she wrote? Yes, that's all she wrote. Because dammit. Fate had it up to here with hand scribing Orimura Ichika's fate. from here on out, she was upgrading to a typewriter!

An explosion of white light emanated from the billowing mass of smoke set in the middle of the arena. Cecilia Alcott watched in amazement and disbelief when she saw what emerged from the free blinding light show.

"I-Impossible.", she practically shrieked. "Did you just shift? Second shift?", she shook her head, "No, that's not possible. Then it has to be first shift!". That disbelief quickly gave way to incredulous rage. "Are you telling me that your were fighting me using the factory settings!?", came her unladylike snarl.

Ichika shrugged off her murderous question, "Hell if I know. But if you mean to ask if I rode it out of the factory then pretty much. It got here right as the match started". He swung his sword arm a couple times as a test then nodded to himself, "I can tell you this much though.". The white wing extensions at the back of the IS spread out in a majestic pair. "I feel a lot better about my chances now.".

The grin on the boy's face was predatory. It made the cadet representative of Britain float a few inches back. The air about the boy had changed. It was no longer the annoyed feeling of someone who was thrown into a battle with all odds stacked against them. Instead, it felt almost like he was certain of victory. Cecilia grit her teeth, "Like I'd let you!", she barked out herself as the Blue Tears around her dove in with shots firing. She brought her rifle to bear and unloaded on the young man as well.

Ichika knew that he was in no position to be boasting right now and switched over to a battle mentality at once. Yukihira was swinging every which way to block the oncoming attacks and create a safe zone for him to pass. He noted that Cecilia had a thing for herding her targets into the next shot. Likely a habit she picked up from sniper training with the army. He heard stories about cadet representatives being trained by special forces and all. But in this case, such a huge advantage became a disadvantage. Ichika could keep up with her attacks and parry as needed. What's more, he could actually read through them and predict the next strike. Using that, he was able to determine which shot from which weapon was the best way to form a path towards his opponent.

PING PING PING

"Gh!", Cecilia realized this as well when she noticed that Ichika was making surprising progress towards her. It was barely more than inching relative to aerial combat, but the way Cecilia timed and patterned her shots should have been leading him away from her instead. The safe zones they both saw were not adding up, and it was all because of that damned sword.

No

Something in the British cadet representative told her that such a thing wasn't a case. Just because his sword can block energy beams, just because the IS can make him react in time doesn't implicate that anyone could do this. It wasn't natural talent either. Tactics isn't something one is born with. Even someone who has the clearest vision to victory from the day of their birth can be fooled once you understand their logic, but this person in front of her was a true tactician. He was reading her every move, not just observing a path to victory!

Ichika however, saw things differently. "Gah! I'm sick of this!", he suddenly halted his advance and swung backwards. His blade, the Yukihira caught one of the BT bits charging forward in a stab.

Time stopped for the crowd as they watched the machine puff smoke from its wound before sparks emerged to ignite the explosion that soon followed.

UWOH!

A huge cheer began to roar across the crowd. Even though the girls in ISA had wanted Orimura Ichika to fight, it was mostly as a spectacle than any real respect for his skills. The match between him and Cecilia Alcott would've served as an adequate time-killer for them. Nevermind that he was fighting for their dignity after the British girl insulted all of the other nationalities attending the school. They were already used to that. They just wanted to see something exciting for a change. Orimura Ichika getting his butt handed to him would have been one, but what awaited them was something even more extra-ordinary. They had front row seats to see Orimura Ichika pull the biggest upset in history.

Cecilia flinched from the feedback of the destroyed bit. She continued to clench her teeth as her mind whirred into activity trying to understand the logic of this young man. She was defenseless. Other than firing her rifle, moving her bits required her to stay completely still. He was making his way towards her, slowly but surely and yet he stopped that advance to dispose of her bits instead. What kind of game was he playing. Unless... he didn't know she couldn't move? It's not like he was stupid though, Cecilia could attest to his mental prowess in battle just from the few seconds of combat they played. But what if something threw him off? When she dodged him from before, didn't he see the bits drop for half a second?

She grinned. If not, Cecilia could take advantage of that misconception.
Old 2014-12-10, 02:13   Link #55493
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Oh man, the Gin vs Riz duel channeled all my rage at how terrible the Ichika vs Ceci fight was.

But demino, you channel way better.
Old 2014-12-10, 02:40   Link #55494
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Violence?
Yes, because to <White Elf>, anything and everything that involves two IS to fight one another is considered "violence".

You can already see the jarring flaw in his character before I even write him. Hence why I'm throwing him back to the storyboard.

---------------

White Elf: Even so, I haven't even made any appearance yet! How would anyone be so sure I have flaws, let alone you!?

Me: The fact that you are arguing with your own Author is prove enough of your reversible defects! *kicks White Elf away*
Old 2014-12-10, 18:16   Link #55495
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Interviews with an IS
~Starring IS-kun~

IS-kun: Yaaay~! After so long, I am finally back! While everyone is focused on 'Ichika' this, or 'Charl' that, or everyone else, I feel that the real stars of the show are being neglected.

Chifuyu: ...you mean you IS units?

IS-kun: YES!

Chifuyu: ... this ought to be good...

IS-kun: If it wasn't for Tabane-mama, there wouldn't be any story! We are the ones who allow you humans to fly through the sky and do such amazing things! Where would you be without us?!

Chifuyu: ... I would be married and possibly running a security firm while my brother would be married to that Shinomono girl and running their family dojo.

IS-kun: That's not the point!!

Chifuyu: Relax, I was kidding. Well, do what you want. Seems like you just want to blow off some steam from being shelved for so long. So, what is this going to be?

IS-kun: This will be an open forum mostly for just us IS cores. It's to provide our unique viewpoint on things related to the story, and to help these fanfiction writers in their portrayal of us!

Chifuyu: So, are you saying that all IS cores have as much AI as you do?

IS-kun: We are capable of such, but I'm the only one given the programs to interface with you like this.

Chifuyu: That's good to know... I'm just glad that Kurezakura isn't a kid like you.

IS-kun: Hey!
~*~*~

Don't know why I got this idea to have the IS cores interact with each other similar to how the Tachikomas from GitS:SAC did in their little shorts. Although I think it's more of having IS-kun running around, bugging the older models like a hyperactive puppy.
Old 2014-12-10, 18:43   Link #55496
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

I'm becoming intrigued with this Bio-IS after finishing the OVA. What is Tabane's true end game regarding her masterpiece, I wonder?
Old 2014-12-10, 18:55   Link #55497
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

As yes, the little prodigy. It would be interesting to have one chapter dedicated to each known IS being interviewd by IS-kun.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Tsurugi: Seems like Athena wouldn't mind a round of interview.

Me: Sure. Why not?

Inami: Sensei... How are you being so casual about animated IS with detached, floating limbs?

Me: That's... how an IS works, right?

IS-kun: That's how Tabane-mama created me! I could also give you a quick run over all 468 functions I'm programmed with!

Inami: No no, no need! I have to check on the Minerva! Ja-nee~
Old 2014-12-10, 20:21   Link #55498
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Well the two of them have their reasons for fighting. I'm just trying to envision pretty much how that fight would go after their confrontation in the classroom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Blue Tears pilot harshly pulled at her bits, calling them back to her side. The blue fin like things flew past Ichika and back to their mistress who came rushing forward with beams bursting from the business end of her beam sniper rifle. Ichika brought up his sword and effectively swatted those attacks aside. Cecilia came within range and Ichika swung for all he was worth hoping to hit a home run. He struck out when the young women dropped control of her IS and dove down back first. This switch in tactics certainly surprised the pilot of the Byakushiki. What ranged unit in their right mind would engage a meelee unit at close quarters?

That momentary distraction was more than enough for the bits to fire at a perplexed enemy. Ichika blocked those as well but he could already see Cecilia drawing a bead on him from below. She fired and Ichika stepped back just enough to watch his shield sizzle as the beam grazed it. He wanted to curse out loud but time did not permit even that as more suppressive fire from the bits went his way.

Cecilia watched with fair glee as the young man flit about the open arena on panicked wings. She could tell that his black eyes were darting towards her every now and then. He was wary, afraid of what she could do besides take potshots.

Cecilia smiled. That's all she needed. If he was suspicious then her tactics were working. She needed him to extend himself even more. To take in more factors to his plan even if they were unnecessary. After all, the more complicated a plan, the more likely it was to fail. Cecilia just had to wait until that gap exposed itself.

Ichika dodged another barrage from the bits. He flew upwards out of range then flipped to regain his vertical base. He strafed left then strafed right. He dove and he went over, dodging all those crazy attacks. Cecilia was still staring at him, firing precision shots whenever she likely felt he wasn't paying attention. The British cadet representative made sure to rotate her bits more often, sometimes letting them drop a second to reposition herself. She took care not to let them pass close enough to the Byakushiki lest they suffer the same fate as their sibling unit. Though when Ichika actively pursued, Cecilia would fire her rifle upon him as well, forcing him to abandon the attempt so he could block.

These tactics continued on for what was the real world equivalent of a minute. Eternity when considering speeds these two combatants moved at. Cecilia could see that her psychological threat was working. Orimura Ichika was getting antsy and his movements more sloppy and impatient. The perfect would show itself soon.

"Gah! Fuck it!"

Ichika threw the blade towards one of the bits. It flew out of the way and let the sword harmlessly sail by. Cecilia took that as her chance and fired her bits and her rifle simultaneously. She expected those attacks to hit but Ichika undid the quantization on Yukihira and summoned it back to his hand again. In one swift spin, he blocked two of the three bit beams and leaned his head to the side to dodge the beam rifle. The last bit beam he blocked with his left arm, causing significant damage to his shielding. It probably stung his hand like hell too but it didn't look like he minded.

No, he looked less pained and more frustrated.

He held up the sword in front of him and started spouting nonsense that even had Cecilia pausing her attack to hear.

"Oi, stupid sword! You were my sister's partner right? A sword that decided matches in a single moment? A sword that cuts through shields?", Ichika held out the blade then shouted, "Well I don't need any of that. I don't need the sword named Yukihira.". He readjusted his grip on the sword. Sunlight reflected off the flat of the blade. "What I need is a blade named Ookami Gongen. From this day forth you are the incarnation of the hungry wolf and great gods. Got that? Your name is Ookami Gongen!".

Cecilia wondered if the pressure of the match had finally turned the young man mad. He was not making any sense whatsoever, making conversation with his weapon of all things. In her annoyance of being ignored a second time, she attacked him again behind his back, figuratively.

One bit flew in to fire at short range. The other two suppressed his movement with a web of beams. If Orimura tried to attack the assailing bit then she would spear him through with a single shot from her rifle. And he did not disappoint when he swung his newly christened blade at the offending remote weapon. Cecilia fired.

"This is the end!"

Ichika did not hesitate and continued his swing, sword striking true to its target. But Cecilia's snipe shot was upon him and a flash of light momentarily blinded the crowd.

All were silent, some worried, others curious if he could go on. But the general consensus was disappointment. Was that all the little brother of the Mondo Grosso champion had to give?

"My sword is Ookami Gongen, the incarnation of wolves and great gods.", a cocky voice broke through the plume of smoke. "It's no longer Yukihira.". The smoke cleared and people could see the figure inside. The telltale wings of the Byakushiki were still whole, its armor untarnished. However, it was no longer holding the heavy katana Yukihira. In its stead were 2 swords. One stabbed deep into the BT bit, the other held up defensively as if it had been used to block. "In asian lore the spirits of nature are the supreme gods, but spirits of good men can ascend to divinity in death. They are our ancestors, they are our heroes. Right now I call on their protection. Come on British cadet representative face Byakushiki type-hero."

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2014-12-10 at 20:41.
Old 2014-12-11, 01:01   Link #55499
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Hmm... I've come into need of several sentient Infinite Stratos, and SSpear you have quite a few useful ones.

Athena serves as a good "first contact" type story, in that an entirely new being is created. The flow-on effects however have been... intriguing...

*ideas swirling around, drawing holo lines to connect several dots*

Still needs some work... I don't suppose you actually made profiles out of everyone, have you?
Old 2014-12-11, 01:11   Link #55500
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Hmm... I've come into need of several sentient Infinite Stratos, and SSpear you have quite a few useful ones.

Athena serves as a good "first contact" type story, in that an entirely new being is created. The flow-on effects however have been... intriguing...

*ideas swirling around, drawing holo lines to connect several dots*

Still needs some work... I don't suppose you actually made profiles out of everyone, have you?
Profiles of the characters?

It's pretty robust at the moment, not to mention some are quite outdated. The most comprehensive list I have now are the machines used in the story

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest