AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2015-08-09, 05:25   Link #5281
csuree
The Most Hated™

well after 16 volumes the illustrator ought to get better, by the sheer number only...

Just drawing regularly an amateur can improve significantly. imagine a pro... then.
Old 2015-08-09, 05:39   Link #5282
l.kostas

http://blog.livedoor.jp/geek/archives/51502723.html
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-10, 03:05   Link #5283
IceHism

Are there no spoilers for vol 16?
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-15, 10:15   Link #5284
Javiersansano

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
Are there no spoilers for vol 16?
There is the Web Novel Summary (plus translation of some parts) available in God knows which page of this thread
Javiersansano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-15, 11:42   Link #5285
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

Someone on /a/ started posting summaries for Volume 16.

Chapter 18, The Great Underworld War
Spoiler:

Chapter 19, Priestess of Light
Spoiler:

Spoiler for Afterwords:

Edit: All parts added.
Edit3: Added Afterwords summary.

Last edited by Rageth; 2015-08-15 at 16:38. Reason: Ch 19, Part 6 (and part 7) And now the Afterwords.
Rageth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-16, 13:55   Link #5286
EdRed

Hello together,
i've been lurking around this thread for quite some time and read a big part of it.

I know that the question has been asked before, but i haven't found it answered detailed enough to sate my curiosity ( Well, or i got lost while reading the thread and forgot it already).

So how exactly does the whole Situation between Kirito, Asuna and Alice look like in the end?
I recall there being a hostility between the later two, but is Kirito described as even seriously considering Alice in a romantic fashion after being reunited with Asuna?

The latter would seem a bit weird after the whole KiritoxAsuna buildup in the previous Arcs (Well and the Author including Asuna in Progressive since he "felt it was wrong" to have another female protagonist at Kiritos side if i'm recalling this right from his Afterword in Progression 1).
I always got the vibe that he pretty much made up his mind for Kirito and Asuna to be a thing, but that might just be a shippers wishful thinking.

So could anyone elaborate ?
EdRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-16, 16:30   Link #5287
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdRed View Post
So how exactly does the whole Situation between Kirito, Asuna and Alice look like in the end?
How would anyone know if the LN hasn't ended yet. People could tell you what happened in the Web Novel version, but the WN isn't exactly the same thing as the LN. Some things have changed, and the ending might change somewhat too.

I think you should just wait till the LN ends. Only then you'll have an actual answer to your question.
Old 2015-08-16, 16:52   Link #5288
EdRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
How would anyone know if the LN hasn't ended yet. People could tell you what happened in the Web Novel version, but the WN isn't exactly the same thing as the LN. Some things have changed, and the ending might change somewhat too.

I think you should just wait till the LN ends. Only then you'll have an actual answer to your question.
Well, i guess thats my fault for being not clear - my question was about the web novel version.

Is there a something like a overview about the LN / WN differences?
I can recall there being a difference about Kirito killing Kuradeel instead of Asuna.

Are the changes really that grave, that you would expect a significant deviation in the end?
Its gonna be quite some time until i can read the LN in english though.
Old 2015-08-16, 16:54   Link #5289
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

Alicization hasn't really deviated too greatly, from my memory. There are noticeable differences, but the story seems to be leading up to the same ending, at this rate.
Old 2015-08-16, 16:59   Link #5290
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdRed View Post
Are the changes really that grave, that you would expect a significant deviation in the end?
Some changes are important, not so much for the plot which is basically the same, but for characterization. For example, in the Web Novel Asuna killed Kuradeel herself. In the LN she couldn't bring herself to do it, so Kirito did it. This affects the characterization somewhat. You could say LN Asuna is more innocent than her WN version, for example.

Anyway, the plot isn't going to change, but you weren't asking for the plot. You were asking about Kirito and Asuna's relationship. At the end of the WN things are kinda left in the air. They're clearly still going out but Kirito is also really close to Alice, and things are never clarified. I think the LN might be more clearcut about the romance status at the end though.

Or not. You'll have to wait and see. lol

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2015-08-16 at 17:18.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-16, 17:23   Link #5291
EdRed

Quote:
Anyway, the plot isn't going to change, but you weren't asking for the plot. You were asking about Kirito and Asuna's relationship. At the end of the WN things are kinda left in the air. They're clearly still going out but Kirito is also really close to Alice, and things are never clarified. I think the LN might be more clear about the romance status at the end.

Or not. You'll have to wait and see. lol
Well that vagueness is kinda unsatisfying - would've prefered some closure after all that went into their relationship. Leaves me with hoping that he'll indeed be more clear in the LN.
Whenever they'll get around to translating it.

I got another question:
Would someone around here happen to know when the "Popularity Contest Q&A" is supposed to be timeline wise?
Old 2015-08-17, 03:58   Link #5292
Drygonia

Send a message via MSN to Drygonia
About Kirito and Asuna's relationship

Someone at Japan Expo (Paris) asked to the Author if Alice could replace Asuna in Kirito's heart.
Spoiler for Author's answer:
Drygonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-17, 04:10   Link #5293
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drygonia View Post

Someone at Japan Expo (Paris) asked to the Author if Alice could replace Asuna in Kirito's heart.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2015-08-17 at 04:37.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-18, 10:58   Link #5294
EdRed

Quote:

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Of course that is not unbiased interpretation since i'm rooting for KiritoxAsuna.
Old 2015-08-19, 01:51   Link #5295
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

Looks like Kawahara started writing the next Progressive chapter up on his site
http://wordgear.x0.com/novel/novelcg....cgi?mode=list

Scherzo of a Murky Dusk, about the 5th floor of course.
He'll probably take it down shortly before the December release of the book, so yeah. Just giving a heads up.
Old 2015-08-19, 18:37   Link #5296
Mark00

Quote:

Are there more questions answered in this Japan Expo (Paris)? What i would really like to know is if Alicization will be the last arc or not. Most adventure novels have around 25 volumes and Alicization will probably be finished in about 2 or 3(?), so i'm curious if he will end it there or will make another arc. If Asuna and Kirito don't marry in the real world before this LN end like they promised each other in the first arc I will be pissed.

This abec illustration could be a tease for the next arc (probably not, but still...) http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/87c7e3b3...22md18g4qq.jpg

Last edited by Mark00; 2015-08-19 at 21:22.
Mark00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-19, 19:02   Link #5297
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark00 View Post
This abec illustration could be a tease for the next arc (probably not, but still...) http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/87c7e3b3...22md18g4qq.jpg
Nah, most of the poster sets just have a fun theme to run by. The set before that one was just the characters in casual clothes, surrounded by random cats.
The next arc in an old japan style game? Well... Maybe.
Would like to see Argo show up in the main story though.
Old 2015-08-19, 21:44   Link #5298
DragonKing0117
A Non-Awakened Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark00 View Post
Are there more questions answered in this Japan Expo (Paris)? What i would really like to know is if Alicization will be the last arc or not. Most adventure novels have around 25 volumes and Alicization will probably be finished in about 2 or 3(?), so i'm curious if he will end it there or will make another arc. If Asuna and Kirito don't marry in the real world before this LN end like they promised each other in the first arc I will be pissed.

Ha! Klein finally achieved his true dream of being a samurai of ancient Japan. Now if only his luck with girls would improve.

Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle Wiki - If you've read and enjoyed the series, please help out! We now have a social group!!!
Cipher J's Blog|Fan and Original Fiction Database - A blog that I recently made to serve as a backup place for all my fan/original fiction. Feel free to check it out if you like.
DragonKing0117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-20, 04:51   Link #5299
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonKing0117 View Post
Ha! Klein finally achieved his true dream of being a samurai of ancient Japan. Now if only his luck with girls would improve.
- Only if he becomes a main character in his own spinoff LN.

...yeah. Doubtful.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-20, 15:11   Link #5300
l.kostas

Crunchyroll: Japanese Fans Rank Anime's Ladies with the Scariest Tempers when angered.
Male voters:
5. Haruhi Suzumiya - 184 votes
4. SAO's Sinon - 195 votes
3. Attack on Titan's Mikasa - 196 votes
2. Oreimo's Aragaki Ayase - 269 votes
1. SAO's Asuna - 271 votes
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, harem, kirito, non-harem, possible harem, romance, shounen, tragedy, virtual reality