Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-02-28, 22:20   Link #1
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

Bringing people together

I am looking for some anime that can bring two people closer together. I am going to watch the series with a girl and Azumanga Daioh was the series that made us friends in the first place but now I want to even closer to her.

EDIT: her other favorites are spiral, his and her circumstances and inuyasha. In my opinion the three are very different. Right now I think something sweet and heart warming would be nice.

Thanks.

Last edited by JackRydden224; 2006-02-28 at 22:43.
Old 2006-02-28, 22:44   Link #2
Juan Valdez

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224
I am looking for some anime that can bring two people closer together. I am going to watch the series with a girl and Azumanga Daioh was the series that made us friends in the first place but now I want to even closer to her.
Try Aishiteruze Baby. It's super schmaltzy saccharine sweet. Probably the most heartwarming anime of all time. I think it's exactly what you're looking for.

If you don't want to sit through 26 episodes, try watching Whisper of the Heart (comes out on DVD in like a week). All the heartwarming gooeyness, but in 2 hours.

Last edited by Juan Valdez; 2006-03-09 at 22:49.
Old 2006-03-01, 05:54   Link #3
xris
Just call me Ojisan

If she liked Azumanga Daioh and His & Her Circumstances, then I would highly recommend Fruits Basket (boxset available). Very, very popular and should fit what you are looking for exactly.

And then there is also the new Ah! My Goddess TV series, the first three of six DVDs have been released so far (Vol 1, Vol 2, Vol 3, Vol 4 on preorder).
Old 2006-03-01, 07:14   Link #4
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

MAHORABA this is what you need, hands down.

try marmalade boy, but its 100 epsisodes ;___;

kodomo no omacha is long but only a few R1's out.

my girlfriend loves yakitatte. she didnt like suzuka much.
Old 2006-03-01, 13:53   Link #5
Taboo
Riceball!

Send a message via Yahoo to Taboo
I have to second Xris on Fruits Basket. Excellent anime and very heart warming.

Ai Yori Aoshi is another good one. (Licensed as well.) I guess you could say it is romance but its not entirely. There is a side cast of funny characters that create funny eps, but the main focus is on the budding relationship of the main guy and girl.
Old 2006-03-01, 14:37   Link #6
Mitsuki

try Doki ...School hours.....the anime r similar to Azumanga Daioh....she also like Spiral try....Academy Q....one of the best Dective anime i ever seen.....
Old 2006-03-02, 00:35   Link #7
SomeName
~ notoriously off topic ~

For sweet and heart warming, I'd give Twin Spica a try. There's no romance here if that's what you're hoping for, but I thought it was quite good. It can be a little sad at times... but in a good way. It's unlicensed, and you can find it here on AnimeSuki.

Though licensed, I would also second Fruits Basket. There's also Full Moon wo Sagashite, although that one has a lot of filler.
Closed Thread