Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2007-10-30, 10:36   Link #41
celcius
Aspiring but lazy

New lineart =D
Spoiler:

It looks suspiciously like the pose in one of the Suika fanarts, exactly because I remembered that pose but forgot it was Suika ^^; And since everyone knows me for the lazy ass I am, I didn't do anything about it rofl.
celcius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-30, 10:55   Link #42
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Me likey. It's a dynamic pose, the lineart is clean, really well done and it looks to me that you aren't far from reaching that 'sweet spot' in your art - congrats. Personally I think you could use a slightly harder brush to do the outline, just because I'm an adept of thinner strokes- but that's just me. It looks good every way you look at it.

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Zero Shinohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-01, 02:56   Link #43
celcius
Aspiring but lazy

Thanks. I just finished the colors and whipped a 30minute random brush + grabbing pictures to use as texture. I really have to learn painting landscapes. ¬¬
But even with that, this one totally surpassed any and all expectations I had while doing it. I'm really proud with this one.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-11-01, 11:22   Link #44
nani
Dreamer
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by celcius View Post
Thanks. I just finished the colors and whipped a 30minute random brush + grabbing pictures to use as texture. I really have to learn painting landscapes. ¬¬
But even with that, this one totally surpassed any and all expectations I had while doing it. I'm really proud with this one.
Good. I like this one better than the Konata & Kagami one.

Some comments/suggestions:
  • The upper arm is too thin.
  • Try increasing the contrast by adding more shadow, especially if the image is supposed to portrait night time. Here is what I meant:

(Strictly speaking, the character should be totally darkened since the only light source, the moon, is at the back. I am "pretending" there is some other light source to the right of the image).
  • Regarding the background, here is an excellent tutorial for drawing star field.

Keep up the good work.
nani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-01, 18:38   Link #45
celcius
Aspiring but lazy

:O
nani, you're amazing~

Uhh... there's a second moon towards the right but it's outside the canvas.
Yeah, that's the ticket...
This is a good example of why people should formulate and compose the whole picture beforehand rather than charging straight and doing it piece by piece. xD
Though I was originally planning to add black shadows. It turned out not so good and scrapped it. xD

And once again, thanks for the link and bookmarked it. But I'll probably be lazy and leave it in my bookmarks folder till the end of time. = .=
Old 2007-11-14, 10:06   Link #46
celcius
Aspiring but lazy

I have new stuff, but I haven't edited the Suika one yet to reflect nani's suggstions. But I shall do it next, maybe after I color this one! (no, really!!)
Anyway, need feedback on the skirt cos' it drove me mad while I was doing it, and yet I'm still not satisfied.
http://watermelon-celcius.deviantart...neart-69783547
Old 2007-11-14, 10:28   Link #47
Diaboso
we girls arnt safe!
*Artist

I really like your work see you around DA
Diaboso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-14, 13:08   Link #48
innominate
hiatus almost permanent

The skirt? The skirt's okay- looks good xD

If you want feedback, mine would be... the shoulders- the arms are thin and the eyes aren't exactly even... xD

but it looks great anyway.... mii... ^^
innominate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-14, 17:48   Link #49
celcius
Aspiring but lazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by innominate View Post
The skirt? The skirt's okay- looks good xD

If you want feedback, mine would be... the shoulders- the arms are thin and the eyes aren't exactly even... xD

but it looks great anyway.... mii... ^^
The skirt is okay? z0mg, I guess wearing a blanket like a skirt kinda helped rofl.
Mmmmm... I get that a lot, them thin arms T_T

Thanks for the feedaback and comments guys =D

EDIT: I made some changes to the skirt and added some details. I haven't done the eye yet. =x
http://watermelon-celcius.deviantart...neart-69783547

Last edited by celcius; 2007-11-15 at 05:51.
Old 2007-11-19, 05:06   Link #50
celcius
Aspiring but lazy

Finally got it done. Took a long break for the weekend, playing some Arcana and going out with friends.
http://watermelon-celcius.deviantart...nging-70151714

I would've finished this earlier, but SAI Paint tool didn't want to save the canvas with all the colors. In the end, I had to save Reimu only and delete all the other color layers, then did so with Marisa and the background. I then assembled them all in Photoshop and planned to do the soft coloring there. Big mistake. Photoshop took about 3 seconds just to move the canvas. Good thing I had all of Reimu and Marisa's cel shades done so I just did some lazy blurs and added some strokes. The background took the biggest hit obviously; but then, background aren't really my biggest thing so I doubt it'd have been any different if Photoshop was running smoothly. xD The hair shine is also terrible.

I have a new Suika in line after this. I keep telling myself this would be the last Touhou art I'll do for awhile, but I keep finding myself automagically staring at Suika when I just stroke randomly. o.o

EDIT: Spur of the moment thing: http://watermelon-celcius.deviantart...hanks-70222098

Last edited by celcius; 2007-11-20 at 05:22.
Old 2007-11-23, 06:25   Link #51
celcius
Aspiring but lazy

I keep doing new stuff and keep forgetting to fix the Suika. >: O But I have legit excuse; it's in RAR because SAI trial went over the limit and I had to compress old files for the crack to work.
http://watermelon-celcius.deviantart...neart-70456378
Anyway, Kamio Misuzu after soooooo long. Quite frankly, I was looking at my desk the other day and saw the Misuzu pic on my desk. Then I got to wondering: "why am I lacking Misuzu works?"
I actually starting to rough sketch backgrounds, yay me!
Old 2007-12-12, 03:03   Link #52
celcius
Aspiring but lazy

Massive update!! Because it's almost been a half month.

Designs for a drawing competition I joined. It's supposed to be email postman. =D
[Link]

Nijihara Ink from Moetan~ It was my first time doing Ink and I had to fill in the details digitally. Also, my super messy sketches make way for ambiguous "where's the line anyway???" so some parts are obviously wrong. I kinda like the coloring I did on it though.
[Link]

Kagami-sama!!! It's Kagami hugging her Bonta-kun doll. I would've very roughly colored a semblance of her room, but SAI wouldn't let me save the canvas XP I had to make do with gradients, *again*
[Link]

This is the entry I have for the online competition I mentioned. I was still practicing soft coloring and wasn't very confident, so I just left it as cel shades.
[Link]

Hatsune Miku!! Another first time (don't count the Kona-Miku). I tried to emulate Kei-Garou's coloring style, though I didn't really deviate much from own style. =. = At least the hair has some small similarities.
[Link]

A gift art for diaboso featuring Saber. It's real messy though, since it was kinda rush. And I was thinking the lines wouldn't show when I color it. I didn't like the colored version though so I whipped up a quick low opacity, black brush shading. xD
[Link]

Following from the Saber grayscale, another grayscale. Anatomical problems aside, this is perhaps the work I'm most happy about. Her shield is missing though, but that would've covered a huge chunk of her face (something I'm not happy about of course).
[Link]

That's all for now. Back to lurking~!!
Old 2007-12-12, 03:13   Link #53
innominate
hiatus almost permanent

It's either that I've not been sleeping well recently, or that you've not been updating, or I've not been checking this thread, but I really love the colours in your recent work! (Your limbs are still kinda thin though =), )

A question: do you use a tablet? To colour your pictures?
innominate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-12, 04:01   Link #54
celcius
Aspiring but lazy

Thanks! It's good to know that my coloring is improving (not that I can say that for my sketches )
Nope; I've not been updating I went thought some mad sessions maybe last two weeks and I had something new almost everyday xD
It's slowing down, so I figured I'd jam it all in a post.

Still? = .= I have to always put it in my mind.
Toothpick limbs, toothpick ilmbs, toothpick limbs...

Mmm, I used to do colors with a mouse or tablet either way. Back then I did cel shading with pen tools. Nowadays, I use tablets only and use a pencil (cel shading) or low-mid opacity brush with some very low opacity pencils(soft colors).
Old 2007-12-12, 07:03   Link #55
konstargirl
Reisen FTW!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to konstargirl
OMG Your thread is so sad. >_< Anyway those are nice drawings.
konstargirl is offline   Reply With Quote