Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-03-19, 03:08   Link #461
Gold_Rogers
Famous Dead Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnkryo
DBZ actually had some of the best dub in any anime. Infact, the dub done on dbz was 10x better then the regular squeeky voices of the japanese anime.
The only reason I'd listen to DBZ dubs instead of the original would be because I hated Goku's Japanese voice. Call my crazy, but it annoyed me to hell and back.
Old 2004-03-19, 09:09   Link #462
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

man its kinda lame are we ever gonna learn why he Yoshida killed his parents and let Tetsu alive?? Thats important you know and it seems they don't gonna answer it geeeeez!
Old 2004-03-19, 09:38   Link #463
koki_2706

There's one thing which is bugging me... why did they remove Yoshida's body at the back of the house, and let susu roam around as he wish?
Old 2004-03-19, 11:16   Link #464
Icer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Devil
man its kinda lame are we ever gonna learn why he Yoshida killed his parents and let Tetsu alive?? Thats important you know and it seems they don't gonna answer it geeeeez!
Yeah I was wondering about that too.
I guess the series is going to close with alot of unfinished questions, if they ever do lead off to a continuation.
Old 2004-03-19, 11:17   Link #465
KoroshiyaX
X

akesato is hot
Old 2004-03-19, 12:13   Link #466
SiL Eighty
Lateral G's

Send a message via AIM to SiL Eighty
Quote:
Originally Posted by koki_2706
There's one thing which is bugging me... why did they remove Yoshida's body at the back of the house, and let susu roam around as he wish?
They didnt see susu. I dont understand why they left Yoshida's body in the back though they pulled out everyone elses for identification.
Old 2004-03-19, 13:40   Link #467
SketchyMcChips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dim_monk
For eps 23, I decided to download from aone and..........I have to say that I'm in favor of Lunar. The extra touches gets you hook to Lunars PMK subs
I just downloaded the first one that appeared - I kinda noticed it seemed a little different...I've been watching the ones that Lunar released so this is the first AnimeOne PMK i've watched.

I think I prefer the Lunar ones - it's not that the quality was worse with the AnimeOne release, i think i'm just used to Lunar's fonts.
Old 2004-03-19, 14:37   Link #468
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Wow, episode 23 was awesome. Not to sound overly cliched, but Tetsu really got his chance to shine.

....All the same, I'll be a bit disappointed if there isn't a second season. I'd love to see what takes place when Tetsu grows up and Suzu goes psychotic (which seems quite liable to happen >_>).
Old 2004-03-19, 14:48   Link #469
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
I don't think we can be even sure whether it's Yoshida who killed his parents... for me it seems it's not really Yoshida.
Old 2004-03-19, 15:42   Link #470
SketchyMcChips

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
I don't think we can be even sure whether it's Yoshida who killed his parents... for me it seems it's not really Yoshida.
I can't be bothered to read thru the 460+ posts to find out if this has been suggested and dismissed, but wondered if it might actually have been Hijikata that killed his parents.

The other thing was that maybe his parents death wasn't that big a deal - that they were just another job so to speak.
Old 2004-03-19, 16:53   Link #471
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

I think that Yoshida denied killing Tetsu's parents in order to shock/paralyze him, thus giving Yoshida a chance to come out victorious. In earlier episodes, Yoshida recognized Tetsu--he definitely does remember him and his family.
Old 2004-03-19, 16:54   Link #472
Go-go
Shinsengumi's shinobi.

Quote:
Spoiler:

As for episode 23.

The story itself was very good, but... damn, I just can't get used to Gonzo's style of animation. It did not bother me when I was watching Hellsing or Saikano, but, since this is a samurai anime, shiny colors and CG backgrounds kind of bother me...

OKAY, going back to what actually happened in the episode...

Spoiler:
Old 2004-03-19, 17:14   Link #473
Laxe

[QUOTE=Go-go]
Spoiler:

No I think that's very plausable! I remember when Tetsu was gonna kill Yoshida Tetsu asks him why he spared him and Yoshida says "What are you talking about?" (Lunar Subs). So I do think that Yoshida and Hijikata got mixed up in Tetsu's flashbacks...wouldn't be too far fetched too. But Yoshida must know OF Tetsu and his brother because even he recognised the 'Ichimura' name. I think there's definitely gonna be a second series (the manga's got alot further in the plot as I'm led to believe than this series).
Old 2004-03-19, 17:30   Link #474
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

manga spoiler about the one who killed Tetsu's parents

Spoiler:
Old 2004-03-19, 17:47   Link #475
SiL Eighty
Lateral G's

Send a message via AIM to SiL Eighty
Well I remember when PMK first started airing the # of episodes due to be released was 50. So im pretty sure that their is gunna be a 2nd season to PMK. If for some god forsaken reason they discontinued it I would be extremely surprised and PISSED!
Old 2004-03-19, 18:40   Link #476
FlyByNite

I always thought it could have been Hijikata who killed Tetsu's parents. Their past history of murdering their former leader, which has made Yamanami give up his sword, leads to to believe Hijikata could have done in Tetsu's parents.

It also kind of explains some of the way Yamanami has and others have talked with Hijikata about the raising of Tetsu.

Yoshida's reaction may have been this... What if Yoshida knew Tetsu's Father and knew the family was murdered. Now he sees his son, seemingly alive, and not even having aged(Tetsu hasn't really grown at all) since the incident. He may have thought he was a demon/ghost.
Old 2004-03-19, 19:31   Link #477
Enmakenryuu

I would definatly be pissed if there is no Second Season..or a second anime series about this story...PMK is a great series..but there are waaaay to many unanswerd questions in the series..there must be a second season...or why would they leave off on such a cliff hanger =(
Old 2004-03-19, 20:28   Link #478
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enmakenryuu
there must be a second season...or why would they leave off on such a cliff hanger
For you to buy the manga.

Episode 23.. I can only say .. I can say.. forget it, this serie is just awsome. I just hope the manga will be available here in english.

Edit: oh lol the manga already exist in english.. well not where I'm from.
Old 2004-03-20, 00:42   Link #479
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOJOS'STAR
Edit: oh lol the manga already exist in english.. well not where I'm from.
Although the manga has been licensed by ADV, I don't think it's been released yet. But either way, I'm very excited about reading it. ^_^
Old 2004-03-20, 09:43   Link #480
Go-go
Shinsengumi's shinobi.

Hum... Sheesh, I'm still thinking about ep. 23... I can't believe the anime is ending next week. Funny how now I'm so interested about it; I used to hate it.

And... I know I alredy commented this , but...

Spoiler:
Closed Thread