AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > KonoMini

Notices

Old 2004-05-10, 22:15   Link #301
IntrepidAKP
...Woah!

I thought maybe they did that on purpose. Especially when she was first introduced and had the scientist get-up. She just needed a mole on her eye.
IntrepidAKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-11, 01:24   Link #302
weyoun6
Romanji is evil

Send a message via ICQ to weyoun6
Shes kind of like a mix between Ritsuko and Misato, but with no redeeming qualities so far. She's a scientist and looks a lot like Ritsuko, but drinks like Misato.
weyoun6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-11, 02:55   Link #303
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I)ark-I)eath
roots: yep...he sketched akari(ep 6) within 4 seconds.....hes the drawing master

thoughts of EPISODE 6

well then...ep 6 was like n e other again...a happy go lucky and MASSIVE FANSERVICE(even used some characters that i wouldnt want to be used in fanservice ) episode. As i thought the "form" will come back...well i was pretty damn wrong...just more hikari loves takeru things(which i like)...i would understand if they added more depth to the love love thing in this episode...cause this love love episode didnt really achieve much...they must add more stuff to the mix....oh well...seeing this series is already halfway done and nothing was really achieved...u can even say A PLOT is not present yet...but next ep a plot can start i guess...cause AT last that "form"(im not saying i like this form...acually i think i dont like it..i may hate this form and i may even not be happy its not comin out untill ep 7) is out...they ignored that form for like 5 episodes ,havent n e one noticed the form was NEVER MENTIONED...NOT EVEN ONCE...its like its a common thing to happen in that world or something .Next ep should add more and FASTER developing "love love" between hikari and takeru...akari and rhou's relation just feels like a brother to sister relationship....so "eh" to that.....and i guess some action...but damn..that demon form...I HATE HIS HEAD....IT LOOKS SO FUCKING WRONG....

my 2 cents on ep 6 and upcoming ep ^_^
Yep, totally agree with the "even used some characters that i wouldnt want to be used in fanservice" part. I don't know if that can count as GAINAX's supposed "uniqueness", but in this episode I did feel a bit surprised to see sooooo many nude bodies... and some of them I've never expected to see

I still want some Ryou transformations
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-11, 07:25   Link #304
koki_2706

I understand why some people here are condenming the series, but here are my thoughts about the show.

Actually, I think that this series is getting a little interesting. I don't know how to explain, but I feel that the previous six episodes (including this coming seventh one) is showing us the bond between Hikaru and Takeru and the world around her. Remember the scene when Hikaru and Takeru were watching the meteor shower? Hikaru just started crying out of the blue, saying that she feels sad, despite beginning to experience the real joys with Takeru and friends, and the different aspects of the world she has never seen before. To me, it seems that Hikaru will eventually destroy this world someday, and she feels sad subconsciously. This supports my theory that Hikaru is the angel of extinction, a theme which has been mentioned in the beginning of the first episode. I truly believe that the other Hikaru in her is the real angel of destruction, of which has been shown in glimpses in the previous episode. As for Akari, I've yet to figure it out, but she definately has a part in it, since she is one of the two lights which split from one another...

Conclusion: I feel that the real 'plot' will somehow emerge near the end of the series, provided that Gainax doesn't screw it up like some other shows previously.

Just my two cents of thoughts...
koki_2706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-11, 14:14   Link #305
Kracus
Cute Killer

Send a message via AIM to Kracus
I didn't realize this thread was floating around. Anyway, all I'm gonna say/ask is if anyone else things Takeru's Transformation looks like Devilman or similar? Also with the violent nature.
Kracus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-11, 16:53   Link #306
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracus
I didn't realize this thread was floating around. Anyway, all I'm gonna say/ask is if anyone else things Takeru's Transformation looks like Devilman or similar? Also with the violent nature.
Actually I don't know what or who this Devilman is, but yes, he does

No really (although I still don't know who Devilman) someone mentioned that as well 3 or 4 pages ago in combination of how GAINAX made of their other series (when they were thinking about how to dress Hikari they show clothes from Marohomatic (if that was the name of the anime)).

I would suggest creating a new thread for episode 7 and other questions, because it is a bother to read all 341 pages (slightly exaggerated) at once because there we got a Kono Minikuku mo Utsukushii Sekai Forum, yay^^
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-12, 06:30   Link #307
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Just watching up to the beginning of episode 6 right now is definetly giving me the feeling that Hikari and her "crew" (Takeru, Mari) will be embodying the "ugly" side of the world, and Akari and her crew (Ryou, Kimi) will be with the "beautiful" side.

Akari's quote, "The world is wide" (or is it vast?) at the end of ep 4 definetly puts that into perspective.

Now I should watch more.
Old 2004-05-12, 06:58   Link #308
dreamless

umm... maybe a bit unrelated, but I'm a bit curious about how is it decided whether an anime get its own thread or not? Is it that when its discussion topic get a number of posts? I ask this since so far this series doesn't seem to be all that outstanding nor does each episode seem to have much new stuff to discuss (except "ooooh, fanservice!" )
Old 2004-05-12, 16:49   Link #309
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
umm... maybe a bit unrelated, but I'm a bit curious about how is it decided whether an anime get its own thread or not? Is it that when its discussion topic get a number of posts? I ask this since so far this series doesn't seem to be all that outstanding nor does each episode seem to have much new stuff to discuss (except "ooooh, fanservice!" )
This thread is 16 pages. I guess the staff thought that warranted enough attention directed at one series to allow it a separate forum.

But on another note, this anime is pretty subtle. You get definite undertones of how the characters will be like possibly in the future, or what roles they will be playing. Now, if Gainax takes this to the full extent, they'd make this anime an excellent series.
Old 2004-05-12, 17:08   Link #310
Lambda

Oh definitely. It really does feel like a return to top form for me. With Abenobashi, Mahoromatic and PPY, while they were brilliant in parts, there were still extended periods in which you felt they were just messing around. But in this, wherever you are, there's always something interesting or meaningful just around the corner, if you can spot it. I really am anticipating hugely the point at which the show is going to change, which you know is coming sooner or later. It's the first time I've really got to watch a GAINAX title completely episodically like this, from the beginning, and with no control over when I get to see the next episode.
Lambda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-13, 03:46   Link #311
clover

Send a message via MSN to clover
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambda
Oh definitely. It really does feel like a return to top form for me. With Abenobashi, Mahoromatic and PPY, while they were brilliant in parts, there were still extended periods in which you felt they were just messing around. But in this, wherever you are, there's always something interesting or meaningful just around the corner, if you can spot it. I really am anticipating hugely the point at which the show is going to change, which you know is coming sooner or later. It's the first time I've really got to watch a GAINAX title completely episodically like this, from the beginning, and with no control over when I get to see the next episode.
I haven't watched many Gainax animes to date, only 2, I believe. Only NGE and Karekano. I didn't like NGE also. -_-; lol I did like the beginning, and I did experience some feelings of being cheated when I got to almost the ending part. I think it's the same as some of you. I haven't watched Mahoromatic (I hope I spelled it correctly) though.

I like Akari and Ryou's characters very much, but somehow, all the characters in the anime look familiar. (And I didn't even watch Mahoromatic, lol) They like very typical anime teens. So far, from what I've watched, I'm a bit confused about Hikari. I know they're gonna explain slowly about her, but I actually got the impression that she is definitely the angel of destruction, like there is no doubt about that. But knowing Gainax, they might pop up with something strange towards the end. -_-;

I actually didn't see that Akari has an evil side, can anyone see it? She seems very, umm, how to express it, she's like the really "good" half of the light, and that Hikari is the "bad" half. Dunno if I'm making sense here. Has anyone read X by Clamp? It's a very old comic, but the unfolding plot reminds me a little bit of that comic. I hope to learn more as the series continues, cos actually, I do get confused by it.
clover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-13, 15:31   Link #312
Kracus
Cute Killer

Send a message via AIM to Kracus
Quote:
Originally Posted by clover
I actually didn't see that Akari has an evil side, can anyone see it? She seems very, umm, how to express it, she's like the really "good" half of the light, and that Hikari is the "bad" half. Dunno if I'm making sense here.
I never noticed Akari having a bad side. Hikari, however, something is up with that girl.

I wouldn't compare them with Fuma and Kamui. I think Hikari and Akari are split from a similar essence/species/whatever. But not polar opposites. I also think they only split cause of Takeru and Ryou. Because of that a smaller proportion was pulled away to form Akari. Like maybe Hikari is 70% of the complete being and Akari is 30%. Why she isn't as proportioned or displaying any negative behavior.

but whatever, not enough has happened to really conclude on much.
Kracus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-13, 17:52   Link #313
Paiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracus
I never noticed Akari having a bad side. Hikari, however, something is up with that girl.
Since the other bad side of Hikari knows what she/it is doing. It must be Hikari is a "defective" of some ways....

Spoiler:
Paiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-13, 18:11   Link #314
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

I have a theory about Hikari and Akari:

Spoiler:

That's my theory two cents today.

EDIT: Crud, looks like Kracus got to my idea first.
Old 2004-05-14, 04:39   Link #315
Joshua
2 much 2 watch

I also think that Hikari represents the ugly, and Akari the good, but what's up with those two other "thingies", Kwan and Aionios. They're some sort of guardians, but what else? What kind of other purpose would they have...
Joshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-14, 19:54   Link #316
Timon
The Timon

Send a message via ICQ to Timon Send a message via AIM to Timon Send a message via MSN to Timon Send a message via Yahoo to Timon
Anyone else think that Jennifer might be an alien like Hikari and Akari?
First there's how she's acting all fishy in the first episode. Likes the smell of the obliterated monster? Hikari seemed to like destroying it...
Then there that shower scene where she compares Hikari's perfect proportions to her own. Maybe I'm giving Gainax too much credit, but I think everything that's happened and the way it's been presented so far is completely intentional and thought out with having some meaning to the plot.
Then there's the part in ep 4 where Jennifer and the rest are trying to figure out what's up with the two of them. To a certain degree it seemed as if points of the dialogue was mocking the series itself. But that's just the way I took things. There's only one undeniable fact in the show so far: boobies!
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-15, 01:55   Link #317
Yuun
~Trying to Enjoy Life~

Send a message via MSN to Yuun
OK this is my oppinian... Gainax has a very strange taste of creating an anime though...
1st - EVA = regarding world destructions and human trying to struggle their lifes but ending up killing their own people... Is just like Chapter Genesis from the Holy Bible story which talks about Noah...sigh...

2nd - Mahoromatic = Nothing really concerning saving the world as it focus more to fighter vs fighter or can be considered as clans war (Saints vs Vesper vs Earth)

Amazingly this new anime really catch my attention... This story does concern about the world?? I dunno and i dun care... wat i really care is that:

1st: How on the earth Takeru can change to that damn demon??
2nd: Wat the hell is Hikari and Akari?? Goddess?? Alien??
3rd: Why is there every episode there's "X-1" or "R-1"??
4th: Wat power does Ryou hav?? Controling the nature??
5th: Is Hikari a good girl or a bad girl (But i prefer the evil looking Hikari since the cute version of her is better off for Akari)

But 1 think for sure...since Gainax has been so successful so far...I hope this one is better off Gracefully.

Btw... isn't Akari and Hikari looks the same? The major deferences is just Thier Hair colour, Eyes colour, and their boobs sizes?

Damn... i love the opening songs is better that Cruel Angel Thesis... and i think this anime would work better than Eva since it has a unique story line with a strong base to start with unlike EVA that leaves you questioning yourself throughout the anime...
Yuun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-15, 02:07   Link #318
Yuun
~Trying to Enjoy Life~

Send a message via MSN to Yuun
Quote:
Originally Posted by clover
I haven't watched many Gainax animes to date, only 2, I believe. Only NGE and Karekano. I didn't like NGE also. -_-; lol I did like the beginning, and I did experience some feelings of being cheated when I got to almost the ending part. I think it's the same as some of you. I haven't watched Mahoromatic (I hope I spelled it correctly) though.

I like Akari and Ryou's characters very much, but somehow, all the characters in the anime look familiar. (And I didn't even watch Mahoromatic, lol) They like very typical anime teens. So far, from what I've watched, I'm a bit confused about Hikari. I know they're gonna explain slowly about her, but I actually got the impression that she is definitely the angel of destruction, like there is no doubt about that. But knowing Gainax, they might pop up with something strange towards the end. -_-;

I actually didn't see that Akari has an evil side, can anyone see it? She seems very, umm, how to express it, she's like the really "good" half of the light, and that Hikari is the "bad" half. Dunno if I'm making sense here. Has anyone read X by Clamp? It's a very old comic, but the unfolding plot reminds me a little bit of that comic. I hope to learn more as the series continues, cos actually, I do get confused by it.

Regarding Hikari and Akari...both of them does making the story goes mysterious...
AS far as ep4 has been told... Hikari holds the Title of Faith thats...i forget the rest and Akari that holds the title of Hope that is a small light under a darkness.
Thus my oppinian should be...this gonna be a sad anime in the end >_< since is Gainax... this predictable ending might be half true and half correct...

Now lets move to the main male heros... Takeru...where on the earth did he got that power?? and Ryou seems to hav strange marks on his hand that seems to be able to control the weather...(watch ep4)

This is just too much question in just 4 episodes...(worst than EVA!!!) hopefully this question will be answered and don't leave it hang like EVA....
Yuun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-15, 03:41   Link #319
I)ark-I)eath
EnI)eR I)ark I)eath

Takeru and Ryou GOT those ABLITIES after they saw hikari and akari yes?

Akari has no reason yet...shes "just there" right now...she popped outta nowhere,but thats all she did .As for hikari shes different...she also popped outta nowhere but shes acually doing stuff(and bad stuff). feels like shes gonna get overpowered with that "evil" side of her...and prolly takeru will talk hikari back to becoming "good", saying all these "the world is beautiful" stuff and love love stuff...As for akari...she'll have a purpose(why wouldnt she? they wouldnt just throw her to the mix ) and i wonder wtf ryou will do with his "ability",i dont see how it can be usefull..just make people happy with it...Takeru's demon form is just there to destroy...destroying to protect...doesnt look like there is no main source(monster) making these monsters appear(prolly hikari and akari's fault for making these monsters appear). So its just there bashing things.

i noticed:
Hikari: she likes seducing Takeru and she doesnt know it(or does she )
she's the version with: the body(u know what i mean ),The face(and hair),the cuteness, And the "i love you only" . Shes one of those girls that u cant really resist(YOU KNOW U CANT )
good version: innocent girl
bad version: evil lady

Akari: She's like the cute little sister for ryou. Shes the version with: no body(well its cute, but u know what im talkin about),The face(and hair), The cuteness, and the innocentness.

hikari: seductive(bad girl)
akari: innocent(good girl)

in a love situation its like a choice of having a "bad girl"(Hikari) or a "good girl"(Akari)

my 2 cents on the action of things and love side

Last edited by I)ark-I)eath; 2004-05-15 at 10:38.
I)ark-I)eath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-15, 07:51   Link #320
dreamless

well, Akari is more of an innocent child character, so I guess that property embodies both good and evil

Spoiler for episode 7: