3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 2.27%
Voters: 220. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-11-18, 07:24   Link #441
Principalities

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
If I have to summerise my feelings for this episode in two words they would be; "HELL" and "YEA!"

Skipping what has been said before I bet that there are some moaning about how random and wtf-bad it was for Soma to just "realise" her real personality, Marie, but I personally don't see that as a problem. Because I enjoy the series for the action-drama it is somewhat easier for me to overlook such details even if it is pretty major. I prefer to enjoy watching this series lightheartedly rather than criticise (which is sure to cause tiredness and annoyance). So in that light I give this episode a whopping awesome out of 10 for going "just as planned"

Marie and Allelujah makes the perfect couple ^^
We are in agreement. One should watch Gundam 00 simply because it is enjoyable.
Principalities is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 08:17   Link #442
wtfftw

this ep was like meh.

The whole marie thing is finally over thank god

saji not shooting was lame (for me).

Trans AM is overpowered. Still graham pawned ass. I totall loled how he wet away after Setsuna went down iw as like OMFG free finishing move is fleeeeeeeeeeeeee.

I mean seriously setsuna must be reallly dumb if those 2 start fighting again. I want the authors to show how setsuna thinks about that encounter or the whole G00 is starting to become lame. S

erioulsy if i was in his shoes id be like he didnt kill me? DOes he only want to fight ok next time i wont draw my weaps until the last sec to see what happens?

NO i bet Setsuna is gonna start fighting head on again.
wtfftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 08:46   Link #443
dee32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
As for Marie, boy is she different from Soma. She even sounds different in how she lacks that gruff tone that Soma always had when talking. I disagree with the idea that she's been reduced to some sort of moeblob now though. She's merely gone from being unnaturally bloodthirsty and arrogant to something a bit closer to a normal human being. Being a super soldier really isn't all it's cut out to be. When Sergei showed up I also knew exactly what he was planning to do the whole time and that was to execute Soma Peries in battle. He didn't do this for Allelujah or himself though as you know he would gladly like to seek retribution for the death of his comrades, he did it for his daughter as one last gift before he said goodbye to her. Celestial Being up one pilot, A-LAWS down another.
I like that Marie and Soma are different. To me it adds something to her character. I don't see Marie/Soma setting on the side lines for long. I thing she'll want to help CB stop A-Laws. Especially after what she saw what A-Laws did to the Kataron base. I felt bad for Sergei that he had to leave Marie/Soma behind, but I think it was the best thing he could do for her. I think Marie/Soma still sees herself as his daughter. I hope they can see each other later on. The thing is what will she pilot?
dee32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 08:58   Link #444
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Alright I'll just ask this is a direct manner.

Are you convincible or not? Will you start liking Gundam 00 after arguing and seeing that we have some good points?

There's this whole bunch of us who've also seen the entire Gundam franchise, but we still like Gundam 00 alot.

There's always this group of unpleasable fans and its a law of the universe that they must exist for each item, you may just very well be falling into this group for Gundam 00. If that is true, there's no reason to continue arguing but to leave you alone.

So are you someone who we can convince to start liking Gundam 00?
Actually it is okay if someone who doesn't like Gundam and goes around criticising it watches the anime itself. It is perfectly normal for hypocrisy to exist.

Bottom line is often "Don't like it, don't watch it", but some people need things to criticise because everyone seeks perfection in one way or another.

However I do agree with you that some fans are difficult fans who want things to be done the old way as it is, and also making the Gundam OPs to sound like some national anthem (all national anthems are lousy, but that is IMO) like it did in the very first series.

It might take some time before he is convinced, because if he doesn't like the series, he won't watch it in the first place.

And a small note for THAT person. If you don't like it, don't watch it. Otherwise, give some Haruhi/Nagi-damned fair commentary or a balanced argument.

Back to topic. In my opinion on the battlefield, you are too concerned about your own survival (and killing your enemy) than to take note of who is missing. That is why people have to shout on the battlefield or keep giving radio chatter, to snap you out of your personal focus.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 09:14   Link #445
Ryuk

It just struck me that Setsunas(or any of the other meisters) reflexes has to be awesome to be able to maneuver the Gundams in Trans-am the way they do. I mean, it almost looks like instantaneous movement.

I wonder why they "suck" so badly at maneuvering them in normal mode. Are the Aheads "quicker" than the gundams in normal mode?
Ryuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 09:51   Link #446
KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM

The whole stranded island routine is getting too cliche but I will make an exception because I've been waiting to see a passionate kissing scene in this series. Its like you can't have a real gundam series without atleast one or two good kissing scenes.

I also thought that Saji would pull the trigger but its just not in him. But I knew that Louise was going to be saved by someone.

Now they have Marie and Ahead unit, they can learn ways to better fight against the A-Laws with that. And even though the 00 overloaded they might have obtain new data to complete the Gundam and make for a safe TRANS-AM battle.
KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 09:54   Link #447
KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM

Can't believe people voted painful, don't they appreciated a good romance plot. I give it a 10/10.
Old 2008-11-18, 10:17   Link #448
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM View Post
Can't believe people voted painful, don't they appreciated a good romance plot. I give it a 10/10.
You're still bothering about that vote after the whole Gundam 00 first season and Code Geass R2?
Old 2008-11-18, 10:27   Link #449
KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
You're still bothering about that vote after the whole Gundam 00 first season and Code Geass R2?
Point well taken
Old 2008-11-18, 11:04   Link #450
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
1. Mr. Bushido is only interested in fighting the 00 Gundam. Use this to your advantage.

2. Mr. Bushido insists on close quarters combat and is nearly unbeatable in this regard. Make a point to keep your distance when engaging him.

3. Mr. Bushido prefers to fight alone. Find a way to use his "comrades" against him as a distraction.

4. Mr. Bushido will not fight an opponent who cannot defend himself. Make not of this if you want to avoid combat with him.

Time to get cracking Setsuna. Of course I don't expect many or really any of these points to come into play in the future, but they are worth noting just the same. This is where Setsuna could potentially start in his quest to overcome his adversary.

1. Usually when Bushido is fighting the rest of the Gundams are engaging the rest of the A-LAWs.

2. Setsuna is also a clsoe combat fighter.

3. I would love to see Bushido end up destroying a few A-LAW suits due to their interference in his battle.

4. I doubt Setsuna will go into battle without weapons to defend himself. And i doubt he will avoid him in the future. Don't they both recognize each other by now?

Another thing...I don't know if this is considered a spoiler but its for next ep...
Spoiler for Next ep:
Old 2008-11-18, 11:09   Link #451
RAVNEN

Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
3. I would love to see Bushido end up destroying a few A-LAW suits due to their interference in his battle.

Another thing...I don't know if this is considered a spoiler but its for next ep...
Spoiler for Next ep:
I would like to see Bushido & Setsuna chat,I wonder what will they talk about.
Oh I'm pay to see Bushido whack some A-Laws MS because they interupt his intimate moment with 00.
Old 2008-11-18, 11:09   Link #452
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooMooFarm
I don't have a very fond memory of people on this board. There's wingdarkness that constantly shoots up crazy theories which half of are hilariously inconsistent (IN MY OPINION DURRRR), LoweGear who knows every damn spec of Gundam, VoV or whoever that guy with the two guns holding chick avatar is that talks way too much about Bushido, Jafri who ..... yeah you all know. But you? I just recall you quoting other people, then claiming they hate the show and blah blah blah yet never post anything where I'd go "woah, he's like almost the first person to think of that!"
Lulz, and you’re the _______ guy…You probably don’t have a very fond memory of the board because I guess you wanna be a thread superstar like those you mention or something? I love this passive-aggressive stuff, I like to play that game too, but I’m a bit better at it than you…You see I actually say $hit of substance to go with my outrages claims…Claims I almost heavy-handedly beg someone to challenge me on…These hilarious inconsistencies of mine seem to get lots of radio-play…You wanna change the channel? Challenge me on it, I not only welcome it, I PRAY FOR IT…I think you know I have 00 fear of any analysis you might bring my way…I’ve tolerated your similar outrages diatribes because while I disagree with almost all of it, I atleast find you to be an entertaining read…Lose that, and well lose the ability to ever be taken seriously again…

This episode I did have some misgivings about Setsuna’s lack of reflection on damn near getting Gundam 00 pwned, but don’t let yourself believe you can use that one point I might agree with you on to shoehorn my critique into those tight Nikeys of yours…You walk alone…
Old 2008-11-18, 11:12   Link #453
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Lulz, and you’re the _______ guy…You probably don’t have a very fond memory of the board because I guess you wanna be a thread superstar like those you mention or something? I love this passive-aggressive stuff, I like to play that game too, but I’m a bit better at it than you…You see I actually say $hit of substance to go with my outrages claims…Claims I almost heavy-handedly beg someone to challenge me on…These hilarious inconsistencies of mine seem to get lots of radio-play…You wanna change the channel? Challenge me on it, I not only welcome it, I PRAY FOR IT…I think you know I have 00 fear of any analysis you might bring my way…I’ve tolerated your similar outrages diatribes because while I disagree with almost all of it, I atleast find you to be an entertaining read…Lose that, and well lose the ability to ever be taken seriously again…
Too bad, it seems that he got banned by Xris-dono, so you probably won't get him for a while.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 13:14   Link #454
shrike
The Will of Metatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM View Post
I don't consider it a good romance plot. It's had a few scattered references here and there and then explodes out of nowhere to stomp brutally all over the entire Soma-Sergei arc where she actually gets humanized and develops as a character.
shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 13:26   Link #455
eaglei3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike View Post
I don't consider it a good romance plot. It's had a few scattered references here and there and then explodes out of nowhere to stomp brutally all over the entire Soma-Sergei arc where she actually gets humanized and develops as a character.

I'm kind of torn about how the relationship was shown... in a way, I agree that it went way to fast. But then when I think about the characters, I remember they are super soldiers that were trained not to have typical human emotions. The only thing the two have ever had to care about really were

Al: Marie and his friends in CB
Marie: Al and Colonel Sergei.

So in a way, I guess it kind of makes sense for them to have such strong emotional outbursts towards each other since happiness really isn't something they seem to have often, but I kind of wish it did go a little slower in development.

It's just kind of hard to look at it with eyes as you would in a normal human relationship.
eaglei3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 13:54   Link #456
kakakka

Quote:
Its still early to say that AlXMarie already concluded on that episode. I think the writers have something to do for them and their relationship. In my perspective, if they kept on doing what they were doing from before, they would not have the time to improve their relationship. I mean, just Allelujah repeating "Marie, its me!" in the battlefield doesn't make romance work nor improve it.

For the Soma-Sergei Arc, I thought it was already shaped up last season? Don't tell me she still couldn't harbour human emotions even that 5 years she was with Sergei?
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 14:56   Link #457
KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM

Quote:
A little exaggerating there, I won't call the Soma-Sergei arc over, more like on hold till further notice and this is a good romance plot because its corny which makes it more authentic. If it was something out of Shakespeare then that would have been bad.
Old 2008-11-18, 15:27   Link #458
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Gundam's never really had a history of strong romantic subplots to begin with anyway. All of those newtype relationships and casual flirtations I mean. I'd file this in the former with an * pointing to the fact that they managed to live for the time being.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 15:40   Link #459
kiramuro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
Only problem is he's too damn good at what he does for them to do that. Seeing as he's perfectly capable of fighting the Gundams where as even with GN tech most pilots just can't match the experienced Meisters. He's too useful for them to let him go. If CB was defeated for good maybe they might. Especially now that they lost Soma he'll be even more indispensible.

It's like despite Shinn being such a loose cannon in GSD Zaft overlooked most of his actions because he was only one capable of defeating Kira.
Heh bringing up Shinn certainly doesn't make Graham look any better in my eyes as Shinn was a horriblely written character of whom I hated very much. However in Shinn's case he generally followed military rules in the various engagements he fought in. He only went out of bound on a personal matter of romance in nature. Shinn also never gave up because the enemy had a technical malfunction. Mr. Bushido on the other hand wants to fight only one target and it must also be done according some bizarre rules of engagement that represent a relic from the past that no modern military would ever follow. You guys might like this aspect of Graham but I don't have to which was my original point. I don't want Graham to turn into this retarded samurai caricature but it's too late.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
By normal military standards, you might be right, but by Gundam Standards he's well within his rights...It's not like the A-LAWS are some totally federal sponsered outfit that have "Go ALAWS" army ads to attract confused teens...This is a private militray organization, much like the PMC trust who hire skilled fighters like Ali to do their bidding...If Bushido has a "get out of jail free" card, then he can GO, he can collect 200$...The episode isn't completley clear whether or not the other ALAW fighters saw Bushido purposely leave Gundam 00 alive or just his abrupt fleeing of the scene, so Bushido doesn't really have anything to be reprimanded for with a slashed off arm for his troubles...
A few ALAW fighters saw Setsuna taking a splash and their radar most likely showed Graham leaving the scene. Any halfwit A-Law analyst can piece it together. I expect ALAW to hire people who go out of bound in order to accomplish some mission i.e. Ali but not anyone who would stop fighting on purpose for some vague notion of honor.

Quote:
From a peanut gallery perspective, I'm sure it's fair to view Bushido's actions here as ridiculous, but in-terms of understanding his character-build, to say he needs to "cut the honor bullshit out and start to act like a real soldier..." , that totally betrays the intended effect of the faux personality...He chooses to be this character, so he doesn't have to cut the honor bullshit out and start to act like a real soldier...Graham Aker was the balance that equally measured fighting passion verses military practicality...Mr. Bushido is only the fighting passion side of that balance...
I criticized his character not his progression into it. I found it disjarring even in the gundamverse. Yes there have been plenty of characters in gundam who had a sense of fairness in battle but never actually a samurai. I don't have to like it myself.
kiramuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 15:51   Link #460
NyxOne

There's nothing particularly wrong with Graham being noble and having honour.

Or would you rather he became a second bloodhound?
NyxOne is offline   Reply With Quote