AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-01-13, 13:49   Link #481
reverse

it seem many people like hosaka curry song scene
I just glad their make him play piano ( it more suited with his personality )

After I read people saying that hosaka performed song
I did expected Arsead to use some sort pop culture referent. ( after stuff their did in season two )
seriously it would suck if their did that
I should give a load more credit in this new director

my favorite moment in ep 2

hosaka and Atsuko scene ( it was funny in very strange way )
reverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 14:06   Link #482
Molenir

Maki doesn't hate Hosaka, she just finds him to be gross and disgusting. Like and dislike simply don't enter into it. Myself, I've never understood what people see in the delusional stripper, who happens to be a genius chef. Haruka could do much better.

Hayami would be a better fit for Hosaka. Shes already eating his bentos after all.
Molenir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 14:25   Link #483
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molenir View Post
Maki doesn't hate Hosaka, she just finds him to be gross and disgusting. Like and dislike simply don't enter into it. Myself, I've never understood what people see in the delusional stripper, who happens to be a genius chef. Haruka could do much better.

Hayami would be a better fit for Hosaka. Shes already eating his bentos after all.
This is an out... *faints*
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 14:56   Link #484
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well the child would be innocent...therefore the adult would not.
Old 2009-01-13, 15:16   Link #485
bkg9990
Singin Diamond Crevasse
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to bkg9990 Send a message via Yahoo to bkg9990
The Hosaka song is Epic! And Chiaki's devil is hot as hell.
Old 2009-01-13, 16:10   Link #486
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
There doesn't seem to be many who liked the S2 huh ? I just watched S1 - S2 between Monday - Wednesday, and I well... The animation style was much much much better in S2 than S1.. Sad to see we're back to the old one :x. The blacked out characters in S2 was really stupid way to pull it off... If you REALLY have to do it for some stupid reason, then it's better to just gray them out ( Like in Lucky Star for example ), instead of blackening the characters, but still showing their clothes etc.. Wtf o.O

S2 seemed to lack in the comedy part though, and introducing that new neighbour boy.. .Aasdsfsd.. He really ticked me off.

I hope this new season will have more funny stuff than S2, just like S1 had.. Can't really judge by the two first episodes of S3..

By the way.. What the hell is wrong with this new season's episodes ? I mean... The opening song comes like at after the first 5-8 minutes have passed in the episode, and the ending theme comes at like 15th minute of the episode, leaving about 9 minutes of the episode to watch AFTER the credits. I find this incredibly stupid and annoying.
Old 2009-01-13, 16:26   Link #487
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lualdi View Post
There doesn't seem to be many who liked the S2 huh ? I just watched S1 - S2 between Monday - Wednesday, and I well... The animation style was much much much better in S2 than S1.. Sad to see we're back to the old one :x.
S2's style more qualitative, probably a matter of facts. But if we bring the discussion on which of the two styles is more fitting for this series, I think it'd be quite different.

I don't know what the effect could be in watching the first 2 seasons in a marathon. I know that I watched season 1 week by week and, while initially cold, I grew gradually attached towards S1's style. At the point that watching season 2 (always week by week, for three months) always made me wonder how such a change could be made.

So, personally I'm really happy that S3 went back to the old style, and I know a lot of persons who thinks the same. The humour in Minami-ke is not complicated, on the contrary it's often very simple, thus I think a simple style is matching. Not the kind of series that needs eye catchers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lualdi
I hope this new season will have more funny stuff than S2, just like S1 had.. Can't really judge by the two first episodes of S3..
S2 was off in several departments, including humour, while S1 seems to have "it" again. S2 was more like watching a documentary on the 3 sisters' lives, while S1 had been a crazy joyful rumble from beginning to end.
I'm personally optimistic after having watched the first 2 episodes. Still improvable, but definitely on the right way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lualdi
The opening song comes like at after the first 5-8 minutes have passed in the episode, and the ending theme comes at like 15th minute of the episode, leaving about 9 minutes of the episode to watch AFTER the credits. I find this incredibly stupid and annoying.
It's certainly very odd, and as far as I'm concerned, never seen before. But it doesn't really annoy me. Sure I'd like to see the point in doing so anyway.
Old 2009-01-13, 16:33   Link #488
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Regarding the weird placement of OP and ED, it doesn't bother me that much. Their point? Artistic license imo, not much else.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 16:54   Link #489
SkoolRumble4Ya

Funny episode. "My heart is this BIG".
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 18:40   Link #490
Dop
Mmmm....

All-Woman Devil Chiaki - Rawwrrr!!!!
On the other hand Devil Fujioka just looked like he was going for that 'David Bowie in Labyrinth' look!

But Hosaka stole the episode, first with his ultra-creepy attempt to be friends, and then with his curry song. That was just wonderful!

If they can keep up this level of humour for the rest of the series, I'll have nothing to complain about.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 18:46   Link #491
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MrSonic] View Post
I LOL'd.

That was really well-done. Seeing that twisted freak Hosaka's delusions set to that music was surreal, to say the least, for anyone who saw the original.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Regarding the weird placement of OP and ED, it doesn't bother me that much. Their point? Artistic license imo, not much else.
Monty Python employed that technique with some frequency.

Last edited by Pellissier; 2009-01-14 at 01:57. Reason: please use the "edit" button instead of double posting
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 19:19   Link #492
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Breaks up the sketches more, though it does shift the viewer's attention.

If they keep this up it will force the viewer to pay attention..especially if the better scene is after the ED.

Reviewing Season One Episode 13...Hosaka's soba skills are unmatched and the middle Minami brother wishes Hosaka success with Haruka. If this trend continues...I sense the arrival of more broken viewers due to Hosaka and the Minami brothers.

Place Mako-chan in this mix...none will survive the breaking.
Old 2009-01-13, 21:29   Link #493
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
All-Woman Devil Chiaki - Rawwrrr!!!!
On the other hand Devil Fujioka just looked like he was going for that 'David Bowie in Labyrinth' look!

But Hosaka stole the episode, first with his ultra-creepy attempt to be friends, and then with his curry song. That was just wonderful!

If they can keep up this level of humour for the rest of the series, I'll have nothing to complain about.
This episode really did have a lot of good comedy, the curry song was classic--only complaint I have is the animation quality seems like they're really on a budget, but since we got to see Devil Grown-Up Chiaki I'm willing to let it slide
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 21:31   Link #494
typhonsentra

I can't believe it, but I actually am humming that damn curry song in day to day life.

"Cinnamon, Cardamon...."
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 21:36   Link #495
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
I can't believe it, but I actually am humming that damn curry song in day to day life.

"Cinnamon, Cardamon...."
I know, who knew Hosaka had the ability to come up with something like that that gets stuck in your head...
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 21:37   Link #496
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Tell me about it, it is haunting me whole days. Even my dreams.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 22:10   Link #497
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

same here i cant take that song outa my head

it is starting to drive me a bit insane
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 00:57   Link #498
cicero

Speaking of the curry song, I've noticed that Minami-ke, as a show, gives me food urges. I'm not sure if that's a good thing...

Also, if Haruka is the king and Maki and Atsuko are the Knights, then who is Hayami? When Hosaka gets slapped, a chess piece falls by just like for Maki, but it's not translated and I can't read it.
cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 01:21   Link #499
Cal-Reflector

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm5839014

15 Second Commercial: Hosaka Curry, or Hosa-kare, ホサカレー. Notice the label on the box's top right which says "Harmless."

This is getting out of hand. I love it.
Old 2009-01-14, 02:28   Link #500
SkoolRumble4Ya

All this talk about curry is making me hungry. Damn you Hosaka! I seriously hope he talk to Haruka asap.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, seinen, slice of life