Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2011-06-08, 13:23   Link #21
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
http://www.dannychoo.com/post/en/113...blication.html

Warning: Contains massive amounts of fail. Prolonged exposure may increase one's chance at failing at life.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 13:50   Link #22
Echoes

Aye, that was a pretty sad debacle. I was at a loss of words as to what I'd even call such people. Loser just doesn't cut it.

I'm a big fan of Kannagi (see: avatar/sig), so this saddens me especially. If that truly is why it ceased publishing, then it's a real tragedy. But as it is so often in life, an extreme group of loudmouths get their way because they make the most noise. The squeaky wheel gets the oil and all that.
Old 2011-06-08, 14:24   Link #23
solomon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer_2k4 View Post
I'm not as extreme as the people you're talking about, but I still can't stand to see characters I like in hentai. Why? Because that cheapens them. Okay, so Rei from NGE is attractive, yeah. But there's WAY more to her than being a sex object, and presenting her as such completely destroys her character. You're taking an aspect of the character that is barely touched on and elevating it to the point that everything else about them is lost. It would be like if someone wrote a doujin where Kamina from Gurren Lagann hosted a tea party. It would just feel WRONG.

Caring about whether a voice actor has a boyfriend or not just makes you a tool, though.

See I can get with that. There are some shows and franchises I don't want to see cheapened that way, especially shonen stuff that is originally aimed at youth. Now a doujin for say To-Love-Ru, Kankonon, Dragonaut and the like SURE, shows that have heavy fanservice and not much else are fair game to me cause often times they are just a camera angle or lens flare away from hentai anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
Aye, that was a pretty sad debacle. I was at a loss of words as to what I'd even call such people. Loser just doesn't cut it.

I'm a big fan of Kannagi (see: avatar/sig), so this saddens me especially. If that truly is why it ceased publishing, then it's a real tragedy. But as it is so often in life, an extreme group of loudmouths get their way because they make the most noise. The squeaky wheel gets the oil and all that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
http://www.dannychoo.com/post/en/113...blication.html

Warning: Contains massive amounts of fail. Prolonged exposure may increase one's chance at failing at life.
Not sure if the two are related yet.

Still I have read about the whole Aya Hirano craziness (which I don't get because she really ain't all that anyways). Don't know what to tell you. I am sure that people like that exist in the west but they don't form a distinct base of an important consumer market.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2011-06-09 at 01:03. Reason: Let's be mindful of the double-posting when just editing your post is sufficent.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote