3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-10-16, 21:52   Link #81
~BC~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Also the thing about Gaelio is that if he just involved McGillis in his plot for revenge, then maybe he might have a change in getting it. But he also seems to want vengeance on Tekkadan. And when you go against the protagonists of a story, it's basically declaring yourself the villain.
Pretty sure going against the protagonists just makes him the antagonist which doesn't have to equate to villainy. We'll have to observe his methods and ideology from here on out before labeling him that, IMHO. There's also no telling that this dynamic will hold throughout the season.
~BC~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-16, 21:58   Link #82
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
I think back in Season 1, Mika and Akihiro kept losing to Lafter and Azee in the simulation fights, in which the AV System was unavailable in those.

And in the final battle, the power up in which Mika raised his sync with Barbatos also allowed him to defeat Graze Ein, at the cost of the use of his eye and and arm outside Barbatos.
Old 2016-10-16, 23:35   Link #83
darkone45

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBG View Post
I think she'll push Mika like Lafter pushed mika in their first encounter.
well in the PV of the next episode we saw mikazuki push her back to go after Sandoval, what happens after that is anyone's guess.
darkone45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-16, 23:51   Link #84
Boukenxha

The tension was fantastic for this episode, McGrillis faction hiding an agenda, Dawn Horizon prepared a trap, Tekkadan pushing headlong into it, awesome space battles and interesting logistic aspects of it and then bamm... rival Gjallarhorn faction crashing the party!
Boukenxha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-16, 23:54   Link #85
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

so anyone will start hearing this music as Gaelio starts foiling McGillis's plan one by one?

Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-17, 00:07   Link #86
tdx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Mikazuki kept commenting on how he sucks against Gaelio's piloting style.
I'd say it was not so much GaliGali's piloting style Mika had trouble with as a better machine, or rather, Kimaris was Barbatos' natural enemy, like you said, overturning Barbatos' mobility advantage with its superior mobility. However, I'm inclined to think that Barbatos Lupus is quite a bit superior to the old Barbatos (hence even a new name); Kimaris is no more, and we'll just have to wait and see what Vidar, with RoboGali (I do believe he has the AV now) as its pilot, is capable of. To start building some base for conclusions, first, I personally am waiting to see how Mika would handle Julietta and possibly Iok (it's obvious he has no problem whatsoever with the fodder, but that's not much of an indication).

But well, I have to agree that fighting GaliGali again will certainly pose a tough challenge for Mika, simply because of the implications the names of their mechas, Lupus and Vidar, are loaded with.

As to Lafter, I was kinda idly wondering in s1 if Mika ever won against her in those AV-free simulators. I believe it was never elaborated on though, sadly.
tdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-17, 00:18   Link #87
Batknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Global Sword 2 View Post
so anyone will start hearing this music as Gaelio starts foiling McGillis's plan one by one?

I really hope Gaelio is now just a robot or a cybrog because I don't see how he could otherwise possibly be alive. I cannot see McG making a mistaking of not checking to see if Gaelio was dead for sure. So the only explanation seems to be someone found what was left of him and brought him back to life through that. Of course this also brings up the question of why Gaelio is hiding the fact that he is alive and just doesn't reveal everything McG did to Gjallarhorn.
Batknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-17, 00:24   Link #88
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdx View Post
I'd say it was not so much GaliGali's piloting style Mika had trouble with as a better machine, or rather, Kimaris was Barbatos' natural enemy, like you said, overturning Barbatos' mobility advantage with its superior mobility. However, I'm inclined to think that Barbatos Lupus is quite a bit superior to the old Barbatos (hence even a new name); Kimaris is no more, and we'll just have to wait and see what Vidar, with RoboGali (I do believe he has the AV now) as its pilot, is capable of. To start building some base for conclusions, first, I personally am waiting to see how Mika would handle Julietta and possibly Iok (it's obvious he has no problem whatsoever with the fodder, but that's not much of an indication).
Less being the Barbatos' natural enemy--for all intents and purposes it's a versatile general purpose mobile suit and, while not excelling in any one field, doesn't lack in any field. Mikazuki, however, specifically says "I'm not good with this type." the first time he fights against the Gundam Kimaris. It implies that the shortcomings are from him as a pilot, rather than his machine failing.

The important thing to take away from this though is that Gaelio was able to easily handle the far more impressive speeds of the Gundam Kimaris without the enhanced reaction time granted to those with the Alaya Vijnana... against the one person (at the time) who could draw the most use out of said system.
Old 2016-10-17, 00:46   Link #89
Skye629

As a fun note guys, go back and watch the last episode of S1, more specifically the Gaelio/McGillis fight

Theres a bunch of potential foreshadowing there

Assuming you have been paying attention, you will instantly notice what I mean

I really cant wait to see Gaelio fight Mika and McGillis, given his Gundam is now made to go toe to toe against them in a highspeed melee
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-17, 01:39   Link #90
~BC~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
As a fun note guys, go back and watch the last episode of S1, more specifically the Gaelio/McGillis fight

Theres a bunch of potential foreshadowing there

Assuming you have been paying attention, you will instantly notice what I mean

I really cant wait to see Gaelio fight Mika and McGillis, given his Gundam is now made to go toe to toe against them in a highspeed melee
Things I noticed upon first watch was Shino waking up and the fact that the conversation could be heard outside of the mechs. On rewatch, there's also the hole made above Gaelio's head when he used the shield to deflect McGillis' first stab at his cockpit.
~BC~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-17, 01:47   Link #91
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
Pretty sure going against the protagonists just makes him the antagonist which doesn't have to equate to villainy. We'll have to observe his methods and ideology from here on out before labeling him that, IMHO. There's also no telling that this dynamic will hold throughout the season.
Sorry, you're right. I meant antagonist.

I'm just thinking that if he's trying to get vengence by wiping out Tekkadan, probably namely Mika because he killed both Carta and Ein, then storywise, I just don't think things are going to go well for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdx View Post
To start building some base for conclusions, first, I personally am waiting to see how Mika would handle Julietta and possibly Iok (it's obvious he has no problem whatsoever with the fodder, but that's not much of an indication).
It's obvious Julieta can handle herself, but Iok on the other hand? I'm a little worried with how he's been presented as constantly needing a babysitter and his own grunt pilots begging him not to go out. Is he really that bad of a fighter? Or does everyone like him so much they just constantly feel the need to protect him? I guess will have to see if he can handle himself at all when and if he gets to do anything next week.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-17, 01:55   Link #92
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Even if he's competent they'll want someone to keep an eye on him and make sure he stays safe, because Gjallarhorn's Seven Star Families wouldn't want a repeat of how they lost Carta.
Old 2016-10-17, 02:27   Link #93
tdx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Mikazuki, however, specifically says "I'm not good with this type." the first time he fights against the Gundam Kimaris. It implies that the shortcomings are from him as a pilot, rather than his machine failing.
Hm, I think I will need to check the precise wording in that scene before I agree or disagree with you on this point. If it's something vague like 'kou iu no wa nigate nan da' ('I'm not good with this'), then it's up to interpretation what exactly Mikazuki implied there, and I personally would be more inclined to think that he meant "opponents with more mobility than himself" rather than implying that his piloting skills were lacking.
Edit: I checked what Mika is saying in that scene (episode 17, 18:09): こういう相手は相性が悪い ('kou iu aite wa aishou ga warui', that is, literally 'poor compatibility with this kind of opponent'), so after all, I'm of the opinion that Mikazuki's main problem there is that Gaelio's Kimaris robbed him of his usual speed and maneuverability advantage by being superior in those areas.

Quote:
It's obvious Julieta can handle herself, but Iok on the other hand? I'm a little worried with how he's been presented as constantly needing a babysitter and his own grunt pilots begging him not to go out. Is he really that bad of a fighter? Or does everyone like him so much they just constantly feel the need to protect him? I guess will have to see if he can handle himself at all when and if he gets to do anything next week.
I'd be disappointed if Iok turned out to really be just your typical pampered and sheltered rich boy he comes off as without even piloting skills to back up his position as the one in charge...

Last edited by tdx; 2016-10-17 at 12:54.
tdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-17, 03:08   Link #94
Skaddix

A few things.

Yeah Gali is not a bad pilot. He is not Carta. He acquainted himself pretty well against Mika. I think its implied that McGillis is better but Gali is not total crap. He is pretty darn good.

Yeah I am interested in the Iok thing. Is he crap pilot ala Carta or are people just super worried about Rustal reaction if he gets hurt or does everyone love him so much they want him sheltered. I mean he is commanding a fleet that is actually expected to do something unlike Carta who job was protect Earth from attack
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-17, 09:46   Link #95
Wandering Soul

Quote:

They could have been trying to stop him because they didn't think that a member of the seven stars should be heading out to the battlefield. It probably had more to do with his position than his skills. Also that baby sitting comment was by Julieta, who has been nothing but condescending since those two were first put together.

It would be a waste if they made Iok out as someone incompetent. They already had an incompetent Seven Star member with Carta, do we really need that again?
Old 2016-10-17, 10:09   Link #96
Router25
World Connector. I think

Why do I have a feeling McG is gonna do a Lelouch with Galigali as Suzaku (well maybe only just McG).
Old 2016-10-17, 10:37   Link #97
wissenschaft

Quote:
He could be another Carta. A fool running around with an inflated sense of skill. Of course, he one of the seven star families so hes like royalty. Hes too important to be risking his life in battle.

Last edited by wissenschaft; 2016-10-17 at 11:18.
wissenschaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-17, 10:46   Link #98
Key Board
Carbon

Darth... Vidar
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-17, 11:08   Link #99
Fairy Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by Router25 View Post
Why do I have a feeling McG is gonna do a Lelouch with Galigali as Suzaku (well maybe only just McG).
Isn't it should be the opposite given the role of Gali's sister?

I find it funny how Mika only use melee combat with his weapons but he also ran out of ammo. Sure maybe he did fired some shot but it's not essential at least in this series they makes it really serious how mobile suit could run out of ammo in the middle of the battle.

Tbh I'm disappointed with Rebake Full City not only the name but also the primary weapon is lame... And Akihiro had never has any good moments to shine or this show is only focus on Barbatos. Gali's Gundam seems promising

More interactions between Orga and the girl manager is good I like that!
Fairy Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-17, 11:24   Link #100
wissenschaft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairy Water View Post
Isn't it should be the opposite given the role of Gali's sister?

I find it funny how Mika only use melee combat with his weapons but he also ran out of ammo. Sure maybe he did fired some shot but it's not essential at least in this series they makes it really serious how mobile suit could run out of ammo in the middle of the battle.

Tbh I'm disappointed with Rebake Full City not only the name but also the primary weapon is lame... And Akihiro had never has any good moments to shine or this show is only focus on Barbatos. Gali's Gundam seems promising

More interactions between Orga and the girl manager is good I like that!
What??? What are you talking about? I thought Akihiro was a badass in this episode. There were several shots of Akihiro destroying enemies while constantly fighting out numbered. He got to show off a new weapon, a gaint scissors. lol It was even shown that Akihiro had to be ordered to go resupply. Speaking of which I really liked how that kid, Rise is his name I think, almost got himself killed because Akihiro said go dance with death(Akihiro is a bit hotblooded in battle lol). The kid's rescue was pretty awesome.

I really like how this show continues to lack beam spam. Guns are used to disorient opponents and battleships are actually hard to kill and very tanky. Gone are the days of a Char clone showing off by destroying battleships solo. It both makes battles more exciting and allows the various secondary characters to have some time in the spotlight.

I really like that Shino is shown as reckless as ever and being bailed out by his subordinates. LOL, I feel bad for those kids, Shino's the type to give you a constant heart-attack. lol I like that despite not piloting a gundam, Shino is still able to kickass. IBO sure loves its grunts. Also, they did show more than once Gjallarhorn troops helping out. I wonder how long the cooperation will continue. Yesterdays foes become tomorrows allies.

Last edited by wissenschaft; 2016-10-17 at 11:37.
wissenschaft is offline   Reply With Quote