3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 8.11%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-03-04, 01:44   Link #161
tdx

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMurphy View Post
I'm -- still divided on it. My contention was that McGillis is more likely to awaken one than Rustal or Iok, and I hold that that's definitely true. Whether he actually does so depends on exactly how Okada and co want this series to end, really.
MAs are pure terror incarnate, a natural disaster absolutely beyond anyone's control, and if you ask me, no one on the cast (save for Iok, and even he might have learned his lesson to a degree) are that unhinged as to willingly activate one and sick it on the world. You need a very special kind of totally fucked up villainous mindset for that, something along the lines of "if this world isn't going to be mine then it will be no one's because there will be no world at all, mwahaha!"
tdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-04, 02:28   Link #162
Skaddix

Yeah its a flip the board move. Plus MA aren't good at killing armies because they prioritize killing civilians. So even if you tried to use it against an army its far more likely to head to the nearest city.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-04, 23:07   Link #163
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

That is what GaelioEin would do to kill the sinful children.
Old 2017-03-05, 02:25   Link #164
~BC~

Asage, you're clearly stuck on season 1 Gaelio. There's nothing that supports him being so revenge obsessed now that he'd unleash a mobile armour (quite the opposite since he was so underutilized). He wants McGillis to go down but that can be attributed to wanting justice just as much as revenge.

As to McGillis possibly unleashing a MA, I have been wondering if his plans falling apart could lead to him having a pychotic break. But he's been disturbingly calm despite all these huge setbacks. So he either has an ace hidden up his sleeve or he's too far up his own ass to see things clearly. Both scenerios are worrisome.
~BC~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-05, 15:18   Link #165
spartaman1999

What I don't understand is how Mika failed to not only shit on Julietta, but also give her the opportunity to throw her spear to disrupt shinos shot. He should have been destroying her but she somehow managed to throw away her weapon without suffering any immediate consequences. Like wtf she shouldn't have a chance against Mika. Mika should be able to dominate gaelio but he struggles against Julietta wtf. I mean other than mggilis or gaelio he shouldn't be struggling against any opponent. Shinos miss was played so poorly...
spartaman1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-05, 15:36   Link #166
AswgLaghima08

Julias cockpit is behind that white bulging chest piece right, and julia is supposed to be bigger than Graze-Ein so I dont find it hard to believe that she survived Mace-san as it pierced below that chest armor. And ive seen some on reddit pissed because she is still alive and was able to keep Mika at bay for the most part. They feel she shouldnt stand a chance because she doesnt have Av and its lazy writing to keep he alive... Really imo I wouldve found it worse had she died there BECAUSE she is the only one without CW tech that's currently able to stand her ground with him.

Another thing .. Why do folks assume AV automatically makes you the better pilot? It doesn't seriously widen any gaps aslong as the Non av pilot is Ace material.
Azee, lafter and Amida were stronger than shino, akihiro and mika as pilots.

Hate Mace-san as a primary weapon, hated it in s1 too. Bladed weapons are more my speed.

I wonder what Kimaris shields are made of, mabye same gold stuff but painted or just the Dainsleif underneath makes it sturdy idk.
Bael shoots from the wings! Macky already knew about the Gali AV right? So in that scene when his sword is blocked by the shield, he says something about gali using forbidden tech too...
AswgLaghima08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-05, 22:08   Link #167
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartaman1999 View Post
What I don't understand is how Mika failed to not only shit on Julietta, but also give her the opportunity to throw her spear to disrupt shinos shot. He should have been destroying her but she somehow managed to throw away her weapon without suffering any immediate consequences. Like wtf she shouldn't have a chance against Mika. Mika should be able to dominate gaelio but he struggles against Julietta wtf. I mean other than mggilis or gaelio he shouldn't be struggling against any opponent. Shinos miss was played so poorly...
You really are not giving Julietta much credit as a pilot are you?

And in case you dont know this, its a ridiculously bad idea to stick to an enemy within melee weapon reach 24/7 as both parties will sustain injuries that could otherwise be avoided by attacking/backing off/looking for an opening/attacking again (as we have seen in all fights so far)

Julietta simply seized a chance to chuck her arm blindly at Shino after Mika backed off (having previously busted off said arm)
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote