AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2023-09-17, 00:19   Link #221
Lex79

This week was time for Anos' companions to shine, and they all deserved it.
Old 2023-09-17, 10:55   Link #222
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'm impressed at Avos' absolute confidence despite almost nothing going her way whatsoever .

Good week for the side cast. Not sure how long Leno can hang around, but nice to have her visit. Good moment for Misa's parents. And a good chance for them to share some words with her presuming she has to give that body back. Although we are talking about a show with Anos. Entirely possible she can be split off from Fran and come back completely.

And hey, Kanon pretty much got a win. Obviously Anos has to take care of business himself. But I'll take what I can get. He managed to get back his girl and throw some more shade at Avos. Feels like eternity since we saw Misa anyways.
Old 2023-09-17, 13:48   Link #223
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I'm impressed at Avos' absolute confidence despite almost nothing going her way whatsoever .
Well, she is a Demon King of Tyranny .
Old 2023-09-17, 14:08   Link #224
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
That was my favorite moment of the episode. I burst out laughing.
Same here. It's the kind of content I'm watching this show for. What's with all these secondary characters struggling? I want my man Anos to be curbstomping the bad guys here

Last edited by Dextro; 2023-09-17 at 15:13.
Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-17, 23:12   Link #225
Random14

That was a long trip to the past but great to see just about everything pay off. Nice to see Misa again too, and she's still dedicated, willing to die if Avos goes down with her.

Well, Avos isn't down yet, but with Anos there, not like she has a chance even with that sword. Still looking forward to seeing whatever Anos has planned next.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-23, 03:11   Link #226
EroKing

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2023-09-23, 12:46   Link #227
Frontier

Avos may have Venuzdnor, but Anos isn't afraid at all! But I guess it was always going to come down to Anos vs Avos, Demon King of Tyranny vs Demon King of Tyranny...but Avos is a fake, so no surprise Anos was able to overcome her after pulling an Anos. Dude pierced her boob and crushed her source right then and there .

Of course knowing she can't beat Anos, Avos just dives back into her power as the Child of God and sacrifices herself to reawaken Abernyu, the Goddess of Destruction, and destroy everything as the Order of God and NousGalia planned all along. Yikes .

I really liked seeing Leno protect Misa though. First thing mother and daughter got to do together .

But did you really think the Order of God or the Sun of Ruin destroying everything would be enough to defeat Anos? Dude just pops out pixelated like it's nothing, makes NousGalia realize he's become truly afraid of Anos and thus has a soul and is not a true God, and even makes a deal with Erdomaid to defeat NousGalia by overtaking him and turning him into an insect. Was not expecting Erdomaid to come through in the end, he just loves challenging Anos, but him swatting fly NousGalia was pretty nice .

Poor Misa and Leno...Misa finally gets to meet her mother, but Leno can't stay in this world anymore. She's just happy she got to hold her daughter for the first time. And she has to leave the man she loves, who can finally say he loves her to her face. It's a tragedy all around .

Luckily Anos isn't about to let this end with more heartbreak, he has Lay "slay" Misa and fulfill the legend and had Igares set up the rumor that once Avos is slain she would reincarnate into a pure Spirit so she's now fully Misa. And if Misa is now pure spirit, that means Leno didn't go against her source and can come back too! The family is all back together !

Man, Misa looks so out of place in that Avos armor. And she doesn't really have the bust to pull off Avos' dress either. But at least she's got her father now and she knows how much he cared for her and was watching over her the whole time. Though now she has her parents watching all her flirting with Lay, which is pretty embarrassing .

Anos has retaken his throne and embraced being the Demon King of Tyrany once more! With laying down all their cool swords and promising to bring peace and prosperity for all! Good stuff !

Just a reminder at the end that Sasha and Misha are supposed to be the Main Heroines even though they haven't gotten to do much this season (especially Sasha) as they confront Anos about how this all even worked out. How did Anos survive? How did everyone survive? Shouldn't Abernyu have wiped everyone out? It seems like there was some experience between the two that Anos can't remember. And that'll carry over into the next season of Misfit of Demon King Academy .
Old 2023-09-23, 13:26   Link #228
AP24

Best way to end a season (or rather cour) is to put more “Did you think….?”
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-23, 14:32   Link #229
Lex79

Did you really think Anos would allow his series to have a tragic ending? Of course not, and so everyone was saved, Misa can live happily with her family and a nee era of peace is about to begin. Nousgalia and Avos tried their best, but obviously a mere god and a fake aren't a real match for the Demon King of Tyranny.
Old 2023-09-23, 16:12   Link #230
Dextro
He Without a Title

Honestly I'm disappointed. Dark Misa was hotter. Why can't we keep her?

I kid, I kid. This episode was pretty good. Anos pwning his enemies like it was nothing is always fun and this season in particular felt like it went on forever since we last saw some good old fashioned curb-stomping. Hopefully the next cour is a bit better. Not saying this one was bad, it just wasn't as fun as the first season.
Old 2023-09-23, 17:14   Link #231
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post

I kid, I kid. This episode was pretty good. Anos pwning his enemies like it was nothing is always fun and this season in particular felt like it went on forever since we last saw some good old fashioned curb-stomping. Hopefully the next cour is a bit better. Not saying this one was bad, it just wasn't as fun as the first season.
It was just funny seeing her in the Avos dress because that dress was not made for her smaller bust .

I hope next season has more Sasha/Misha content. Feels like they barely did anything this season, especially Sasha.
Old 2023-09-23, 17:50   Link #232
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

I'd like to imagine Lay would sometimes ask Misa to cosplay as Dark Misa for .. research purposes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
Did you really think Anos would allow his series to have a tragic ending?
Anos even had the time to tell us in the final part that "Did you really think I'd let this show end just because this arc is over?" even though we know this is a 2 cour

I didn't know Misa would've had this big of a role when I was watching s1, sure we got that mystery of who her parents are, but I didn't think answering that question would take a full season

Overall the 2nd best part of this season were all the times NousGalia gets slammed into a wall whenever he says something about how he's a god
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-23, 18:15   Link #233
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This season had the same problems as the first: it removes all the explanations for the novels so you're just left confused at what's going on and simply going "Sasuga Anos-sama".

I had to read posts from a novel reader to understand what's going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Misa can still turn into that form whenever she wants. Kept the powers too, so she won't be useless anymore!
Old 2023-09-23, 18:50   Link #234
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
This season had the same problems as the first: it removes all the explanations for the novels so you're just left confused at what's going on and simply going "Sasuga Anos-sama".

I had to read posts from a novel reader to understand what's going on!
Reddit was my friend this season .
Old 2023-09-23, 18:55   Link #235
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Reddit was my friend this season .
Me too

During S1 there was someone posting explanations here, but he sadly didn't return or just didn't want to keep doing it. Anos going back in time to "fix" Sasha and Misha made pretty much no sense in the anime, but once you get the explanation, you realize the author is pretty clever.
Old 2023-09-23, 19:46   Link #236
Estzero1

Since we have not seen Militia for ages I was a bit confused by this teaser at the end. Not sure how big her role will get in the next cour since it should adapt Arc5&6, so I was expecting to see someone else, but well, one takes what one gets .

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-23, 21:35   Link #237
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Now to wait for the first half of season 2 part 2... until the inevitable covid delays. I will say that new Anos grew on me by the end of the series.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-23, 21:51   Link #238
Random14

The fight was over a bit fast, but then this is Anos we're talking about. Even that sword barely slows him down. Nice to see Nosgalia finally defeated and figures Anos doesn't simply kill him, not after all that.

Aw, the family is so cute together (now that they have time to be a family), with Lay basically joining them already. Shin's deadpan response to everything is still pretty funny, especially with Leno back.

Still some loose ends but at least the whole Avos thing (which has been there since the beginning of the series) looks to be settled with a happy ending, courtesy of Anos of course. The first season was more fun but this season was pretty good too, with more focus on other characters (aside from Sasha unfortunately) though I'll have to go back to the novels to try to keep track of everything, between all the rules, time travel and setup for the next arc.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-23, 22:03   Link #239
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
Now to wait for the first half of season 2 part 2... until the inevitable covid delays. I will say that new Anos grew on me by the end of the series.
I think Umehara did his best but there's still partially a disconnect for me without Suzuki voicing Anos...
Old 2023-09-24, 15:14   Link #240
Kamijou Touma IB
Imagine Breaker

What a great last episode. It left me in tears.

Tags
demon king, harem