AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2006-12-26, 11:17   Link #1
St.Hound
Blood-stained Glory

Smile Hey what's everyone's Chinese Zodiac sign?

Mine is the year of the dog. But 'tis sad my year will be at it's end on the 14th of next month. But anyway. what's everyone else around here? This could be fun.

Quote:
AnimalBirthBirthBirthBirthBirth
Rat
Ox
Tiger
Rabbit
Dragon
Snake
Horse
Sheep
Monkey
Rooster
Dog
Pig
Note: Year usually begins at the end of January or beginning of February.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2006-12-27 at 01:12. Reason: Added Years for Zodiac Signs
St.Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-26, 19:01   Link #2
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

I'm dragon, and the last time I read, dragons and dogs don't get along well.
psycho bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-26, 22:21   Link #3
Kiva128
Kairin-chan's #1 Fan
*Artist

Tiger. Roar.
Old 2006-12-26, 22:28   Link #4
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Horse, yay.

Quote:
People born in the Year of the Horse are popular. They are cheerful, skillful with money, and perceptive, although they sometimes talk too much. The are wise, talented, good with their hands, and sometimes have a weakness for members of the opposite sex. They are impatient and hot-blooded about everything except their daily work. They like entertainment and large crowds. They are very independent and rarely listen to advice. They are most compatible with Tigers, Dogs, and Sheep.
Not far off how I used to be 5 years ago. Pretty different to how I am now though.
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-26, 22:40   Link #5
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Tiger, though I don't remember what it means anymore, it was rather accurate personality-wise. I should check on that again to see how much I've changed.

Edit:

Quote:
Personality Traits:
People born under the year of the Tiger tend to have very go-ahead personalities, they love to be the centre of attention and are often very fortunate and full of drive. Although they are often skeptical by nature they can make rash decisions, but above all they are loving, giving, and genuine. They tend to immerse themselves in any of their undertakings and while full of optimism they are not materialistic. Intensity as opposed to logical best describes a Tiger person. At their worst they are stubborn, self-centred and awkward but on the plus side they can also be sensitive and sympathetic. They will go to great lengths to reap their revenge and detest being ignored. As a tiger, life will be filled with just about every emotion and very volatile; and being great optimists life will also be full of many challenges
Hmmm, seems I haven't changed much on the core, after all. Though I think I faill on the Intensity versus Logic aspect by a great deal. The other stuff is rather true. AND, I'm a Fire tiger, which makes me a "Dramatic" person. I wonder.

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Zero Shinohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-26, 22:48   Link #6
Furudanuki

I'm a Fire Rooster.

Quote:
Rooster is often seen as the original strong silent type, not unlike the Humphrey Bogart and Greto Garbo prototypes. Most people consider them quite eccentric. Sad to say, relationships with other people are often strained. They are quite moody and can be too outspoken. They are often self-centered, but can be quite brave when the situation calls for it. On the other hand, Rooster People are quite talented and capable. They are always devoted to their work and have a reputation for being the hardest of workers. Rooster People are deep thinkers and are pioneers in spirit. They can experience the greatest of joy in complete solitude. Even though often alone, they rarely experience loneliness. Instead, they enjoy their own company and feel solitude helps them in their quest after knowledge.
It's scary, but for me this hits pretty close to home...
Furudanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-27, 00:15   Link #7
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Quote:
Rooster is often seen as the original strong silent type, not unlike the Humphrey Bogart and Greto Garbo prototypes. Most people consider them quite eccentric. Sad to say, relationships with other people are often strained. They are quite moody and can be too outspoken. They are often self-centered, but can be quite brave when the situation calls for it. On the other hand, Rooster People are quite talented and capable. They are always devoted to their work and have a reputation for being the hardest of workers. Rooster People are deep thinkers and are pioneers in spirit. They can experience the greatest of joy in complete solitude. Even though often alone, they rarely experience loneliness. Instead, they enjoy their own company and feel solitude helps them in their quest after knowledge.
I guess I'm adopted and my birth year is different, 'cause this is pretty much a good description of me. D:

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Zero Shinohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-27, 00:49   Link #8
cherryblossomkiss
Sorano

hehehe im the first monkey yaa *mind starts to wander* i think i want a banana

im new so i dont know how to quote but any way quote

Imaginative, responsible, humorous, witty, curious, clever, sneaky.

People born in the year of the Monkey use their intelligent minds to get their ideas in motion. They tend to wriggle out of difficult situations, and if all else fails they don't mind using tricks to further their own ends. They don't seem to notice the effect of their tricks on others, but even so, they are generally very popular. Monkeys are usually very successful. They love a challenge and when things get tough their sharp wits get them out of a situation

Best Friends : Dragons and Rats

Mortal Enemy : Tigers
cherryblossomkiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-27, 01:05   Link #9
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

It seems to me that unfortunately many people do not know much about the Chinese Zodiac. While there might be better sites out there, a decent primer can be found at wikipedia. Each person's zodiac sign is based on the year of their birth:

AnimalBirthBirthBirthBirthBirth
Rat
Ox
Tiger
Rabbit
Dragon
Snake
Horse
Sheep
Monkey
Rooster
Dog
Pig
Note: Year usually begins at the end of January or beginning of February.

I'll copy this information into the first post of the thread.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-27, 01:06   Link #10
Mincemaker
Hmmm?

I only know that my sign is that of an earth dragon. Don't know what that is supposed to represent.
Mincemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-27, 02:33   Link #11
ShinNoNoir
Nothing to see, move it.

Silly rabbit, Trix are for kids!
following description hits the nail on the head a few times ^^;;

Quote:
People born in the Year of the Rabbit often make ideal diplomats or politicians. A Rabbit person has grace, culture and beautiful manners. Although Rabbit people get on well with everyone, at heart they are basically reserved creatures, and are only really happy when they are engrossed in some sort of scholarly or intellectual activity. They are just too sensitive for the world around them. They are not able to thrive in a competitive or aggressive environment, and it makes them anxious if someone forces them to take risks. Their inner world is simply too delicate for unsettled or unpredictable situations, and they tend to create a peaceful and comfortable atmosphere on a hunch. This character trait makes them very hospitable and attentive people, who take care of those around.

The average Rabbit person emphasizes the importance of small details. They pay attention to everything from colour, design and furniture to food and conversation. And only when they are sure that everything has been arranged as they wish can these people relax and have fun.

Person born in the year of Rabbit often lead a conservative lifestyle where one of the most important things is their security. This quality has a negative side also: opting for safety over risk, they may miss good opportunities. This does not imply that these people are frivolous or irresponsible, for when they truly believe in something, they are serious, perseverant and capable.

Calm as they are, it is not easy to provoke Rabbit people. They are sentimental and compassionate. They can be moved by the personal problems you share with them.
ShinNoNoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-27, 02:40   Link #12
Mueti
あ!

Send a message via ICQ to Mueti
I'm a rabbit as well, this is the description I found:

Spoiler:

Mostly that's quite me.
Mueti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-27, 02:55   Link #13
monster

Looks like I'm a fire rabbit.
Quote:
...at heart they are basically reserved creatures...They are not able to thrive in a competitive or aggressive environment, and it makes them anxious if someone forces them to take risks.
That's the only thing I'm sure is at least 90% accurate for me. I don't have enough experience to confirm/deny the rest. lol, this is a bit amusing.

EDIT: I guess I am somewhat insecure in some ways.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-27, 03:19   Link #14
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinNoNoir View Post
Silly rabbit, Trix are for kids!
following description hits the nail on the head a few times ^^;;
Ugh, that description was pretty freakishly on target for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mueti View Post
I'm a rabbit as well, this is the description I found:

Spoiler:

Mostly that's quite me.
Hmm, this one was the opposite for me.

I think the safe thing to say is that personality descriptions based on the zodiac are varied enough that they shouldn't be trusted.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-27, 03:25   Link #15
Natsumeyashi Meiyo
. : メイヨ : .

Send a message via AIM to Natsumeyashi Meiyo Send a message via MSN to Natsumeyashi Meiyo Send a message via Yahoo to Natsumeyashi Meiyo
I'm a horse Radiosity's description kind of fits me ... xD
Natsumeyashi Meiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-27, 03:39   Link #16
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

I'm a monkey. As for my chinese sign, I mean.

Quote:
The Monkey is the most versatile sign of the Chinese zodiac. Such people are often inventors, plotters, entertainers and the creative geniuses behind anything ingenious, including mischief. They have natural quick-wittedness which enables them to understand what is happening and then make a right decision. Even during a conversation a person born in this year is aware of what is going on around him/her, and then makes a mental note of who said what and stores it away for future reference. In general, with their agile minds and multiple talents, monkey type of people can master any subject. They are reliable and honest people so that any secret is safe in their hands. These people are also honest in their dealings. Monkey people are very good at problem-solving. Wherever you are, whoever you may be, if you've got a problem pick up the phone and dial-a-Monkey. Monkeys know how to listen closely and work out solutions at the same time.
Lol, and yes, it seems to be pretty accurate
Old 2006-12-27, 04:01   Link #17
Syaoran
Inactive Member

I'm a metal rooster

5-Feb-1981--24-Jan-1982 - Element-Metal(-) The ROOSTER -
Chinese name: JI
Ranking Order - Tenth
Hours ruled by the Rooster: 5pm to 7pm
Direction of this sign - Due West
Season and principle month: Autumn - September
Fixed Element: Metal

Hardworking, resourceful, courageous and talented, Roosters are self-assured people. They possess powerful personalities and are notoriously dominant. In groups they are vivacious, amusing and popular. But Roosters can be conceited creatures, vain and boastful, with a strong egotistical need to constantly be the center of attention. Excellent at small talk, they can be the life of any party. Roosters are talkative types, outspoken, frank, open, honest -- but a little too blunt at times. A polished debater and able to cogently refute any opinion, the Rooster is a talented polemicist, and could be an excellent journalist or writer. With the Rooster's dedication to work well done, he or she would also make a good economist or a gifted administrator.
These people are born organizers, refined and elegant. They are tidy-minded and like to keep everything neat and shipshape. Their affairs will be all in order, accounts up to the minute and documents systematically filed away. They function best in an environment where everything is organized and their schedules programmed. When it comes to making decisions of any kind, Roosters prefer to carefully consider all sides of a situation before coming to a conclusion. In conflicts, Roosters will push to the extreme but flee before open hostilities break out. Their reflective and analytical abilities sometimes get the better of them. They must constantly question their point of view to ascertain its validity.
The management of finances is perhaps their strength, both on a private and professional level. When it comes to money, Roosters are prudent and careful. They are brilliant managers of other people's money; financial advisers, bank managers, and accountants would all do well to be born in the Year of the Rooster. The Rooster has the reputation of finding money in the most unlikely places, like drawing blood from a stone. In Vietnam they say that, thanks to the strength of his beak and claws, the Rooster can find a worm in a desert. This metaphor goes a long way to explain the continual and restless activity that characterizes him.
The Rooster man likes to be in the company of women, among whom he can show off, shine, swagger and generally demonstrate what a clever fellow he is. However, he rarely goes out for a night with the boys; men bore him to extinction. His Hen counterpart also likes the company of other women -- that's not to say that men bore her! -- and she chooses those professions which keep her constantly in touch with them.
The Rooster will touch the heights and depths during the three phases of his life, business-wise as well as romantically. He will go from poverty to riches, from ideal love to the most sordid of emotional entanglements. The Rooster's old age will be happy, however.
Legend has it in the East that two Roosters under the same roof make life intolerable for everyone else.
Under the influence of the element of Metal, he is practical, exacting and industrious with a flair for captivating others with his brilliant powers of deduction. Investigative, optimistic and idealistic, he has a passionate attitude toward work. He is opinionated and headstrong, with a strong need for importance and recognition. Although factual and reasonable, he may have difficulty remaining impartial when his ego is directly challenged.
Syaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-27, 06:12   Link #18
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
whoo im a metal horse

lets see what "metal" means:
Quote:
Metal is one of the five elements of Chinese alchemy. The archetypal metal is silver. Metal is associated with the west and autumn, the planet Venus and the colour white. It is believed to govern the lungs. It is associated with organization and stability. Other qualities associated with metal are unyieldingness, persistence, strength and determination. The metal person is forceful and set in their ways, but they are self-reliant and enjoy the good things in life. The element metal plays an important role in Chinese Astrology and feng shui , the Chinese form of geomancy.
should get along with tigers and dogs...but rats irritate me (or so it says) ~

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-27, 06:49   Link #19
sedukshun
kimee ~

rabbit ^^ hehe they so...intelligent?
sedukshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-27, 08:21   Link #20
suwayya
King of the ...'s

Send a message via MSN to suwayya
Im a Earth Dragon, ~yay~ xD