2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-02-11, 23:28   Link #1
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 43 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans, Episode 43.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-12, 03:48   Link #2
Irenesharda

Oh my, oh my, oh my...where to begin.

When you actually get to finally see McGillis' backstory, you begin to realize why he really had no problem betraying Carta and Gaelio. His childhood is actually worse than most of our Tekkadan kids. Iznario was quite the piece is crap. They teased us on the sexual abuse, but who could have known that Macky was a sex slave for a large portion of his childhood?

We also get the Gaelio reveal and find out that indeed EIN is Vidar the mech. Together they form such a strong pair that even Mika in his new Lupus Rex is having trouble.

Mcgillis does have AV and I'm not at all surprised, everybody sort of has it. Rustal hits tit for tat and Gaelio reveals to the world that he’s alive, interrupting McGillis' own Zeon-esque speech and now I'm no longer sure who to root for!

And no more previews anymore, at least not on air. They're heading towards D-day everyone.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-12, 04:06   Link #3
n0m@n
C-Z

McGillis being sexually abused by Iznario and Iznario being pedo was already given from the beginning. McGillis having bruises or hickies when Rustal met him for the first time. Season 1 had this young child sitting next to Iznario in his luxury car

Looking forward to novel version. They make it more detailed about these things (and ends up having a different story at times).

Edit:
Spoiler for 43:

Last edited by n0m@n; 2017-02-12 at 07:41.
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-12, 06:03   Link #4
Principalities

Loved how they have written Gaelio's motivations. Its not simple revenge. At least he understands his "friend" now. I for one am backing him against Macky (though realistically even with Ein's backup, he doesn't stand a chance against Bael + Agnika + super alaya-vijnana system!!!!). Macky's history is tragic but that doesn't give him the moral highground. Next episode sees the impact of Gaelio's revelation. His father and his poor sister.... EDIT: Not only is Almiria crying, but her hands are bleeding.....

Last edited by Principalities; 2017-02-12 at 06:17. Reason: Above
Principalities is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-12, 06:06   Link #5
Azurial

so it seem pedophile and homosexual are a thing in IBO........................i like it except homo im ok with loli XD (jk) and that means Atra is legal

I knew it Ein persona or part is installed in Vidar i kinda want to see the other 5 of the 7 Stars family gundam and when will Unicorn Shiden will make its entrance............Orga? stop sitting there and show them your OP piloting skill :d
Gundam Bael sure remind me of Hi-Nu V2 cause of the color scheme

Barbatos VS Vidar was epic short fight Mika is being push to the corner, as always new stuff will kick ass at the first time im sure Mika already know how to counter it. Final battle im sensing Rustal VS Orga with his Shiden ( or not :/) , Mika VS Julieta and McGilis VS Galio.
Azurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-12, 06:15   Link #6
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Is it just me, or Gaelio's face looks manlier and even more handsome than before? Must be the angst-shampoo that he used .

Oh, and Almiria is crying hard in the preview. Poor girl.

Ein is officially being the first personified Gundam AI in the entire Gundam TV series (not so much in the entire franchise though because he got beat by ALICE & Stargazer to an extend).

and Iznario being a freakin' gay-pedo who abused McG is finally revealed and shown in full (well, not the sexual part, thank god). No wonder McG hates him so much. Purge the rotten Gjallarhorn, please.
Old 2017-02-12, 06:31   Link #7
B214

Iznario and McGillis....i wish i could unseen that.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-12, 06:36   Link #8
devilo96

Damn next 2 eps will be awesome....i mean 40 ships ariandhod vs 20 ship tekadan and mcgilis.....
I hope abrau will also join tekadan force
devilo96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-12, 06:39   Link #9
FerrusManus

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilo96 View Post
Damn next 2 eps will be awesome....i mean 40 ships ariandhod vs 20 ship tekadan and mcgilis.....
I hope abrau will also join tekadan force
Led by Takaki
FerrusManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-12, 06:46   Link #10
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

In times of war and discord, would you side with a man with absolute power yet deeply disturbed - but an unassailable conviction to remake the world for the better?

YES I WOULD.

P.S. kudos to the writers for making such complex characters out of both Gaelio and McGillis; they are all sympathetic in their own right but too bad, war doesn't allow one to sit on the fence.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-12, 06:57   Link #11
tdx

All our worst fears about McGillis' childhood got confirmed. Daddy Fareed really was the worst of scum. As well as a lot of other suppositions, from Ein being Gaelio's AV to McGillis having something like an AV implant himself. I can't pinpoint why but somehow I feel... underwhelmed? I had this weird feeling when watching that the show I watched before this episode was somehow... a different show altogether?

The only funny moment was Orga's reaction to Liza Enza's enthusiasm - a seasoned veteran soldier with an overeager fresh recruit, except the ages are reversed.

In PV Almiria's hands are bloody for some reason...
tdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-12, 07:07   Link #12
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Principalities View Post
Loved how they have written Gaelio's motivations. Its not simple revenge. At least he understands his "friend" now. I for one am backing him against Macky (though realistically even with Ein's backup, he doesn't stand a chance against Bael + Agnika + super alaya-vijnana system!!!!). Macky's history is tragic but that doesn't give him the moral highground. Next episode sees the impact of Gaelio's revelation. His father and his poor sister.... EDIT: Not only is Almiria crying, but her hands are bleeding.....
I don't think Almiria 's hands are bleeding, more like she has blood on them. I think she tried to kill Mcgillis with a knife in a blind rage. He did that thing where he let's her.stab him as he really does care about her. Daddy Bauduin has no sympathy from me. He married off his child for power and was best friends with Iznario. He had to know what that filth was doing or possibly even participated. Also he, like his son (will get to that later) just let this rotting and corruption of Gjallarhorn continue despite having the power to stop it.

As for moral high ground, there really isn't much to go around on either side.McGillis is as much a product of Gjallarhorn's corruption as Tekkadan, that doesn't excuse him but it is part of him. Also, he has the right ideas if questionable and dirty means. Gaelio on the other hand was continously aware of the horrible rot of Gjallarhorn and yet continued to do nothing, comfortable because it didn't directly effect him--until it did. And yet, even now, he continues to fight for Rustal, who along with Iok perpetuate that rotten corruption.

We are at a choice between the better of two evils. And it's getting very complicated.
I honestly think Mcgillis and Gaelio will end up killing each other in battle and Tekkadan and Kudelia will take over.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-12, 08:02   Link #13
Azurial

Almiria hands is not stain with blood is her glove accessories she probably happy to know that Galieo is alive and why would she kill McGilis even -_- she doesnt have the guts to do it lol
Azurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-12, 08:08   Link #14
kgrodriguez
Three Stars and a Sun

Sooo...what was that thing/craft that Tekkadan detected was going to the moon? It can't be just Vidar, right?
kgrodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-12, 08:13   Link #15
tdx

I'm going to say some really obvious things here. McGillis is a little more off his rocker than I thought. Taking into account McGillis' own words during the flashback basically about how power is all you really need, as well as Gaelio's words about how McGillis can only understand authority, power and violence, his so called noble motivations of changing GH start sound like self-justification of his insatiable lust for power his horrible life had engrained in him. For the same reasons, it makes the possibility of him betraying Tekkadan not as slim as it looked before. Moreover, the probability of his "revolution" succeeding in the shape he desires has just dropped in my eyes. At the same time, Rustal can't be allowed to win either. So the endresult of it will be... a huge chaotic mess plunging the world into an even bigger chaos than before? That's where Kudelia will come in handy, I guess, to sort it out?

Also, no matter how strong Bael may be, McGillis can't be foolish enough to think that just obtaining it has won him the war, now can he? Because to Rustal it sure as hell won't mean a jack, he'll just amass a force powerful enough to smash everything in his way, Bael and all.

And last, if Agnika's soul is in Bael, that's what we're looking at for Mika in the end, I guess. And now the title for the next episode makes much more sense: McGillis, a human doll without a soul, has obtained Agnika's soul residing in Bael.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurial View Post
Almiria hands is not stain with blood is her glove accessories she probably happy to know that Galieo is alive and why would she kill McGilis even -_- she doesnt have the guts to do it lol
Spoiler for pic:

It looks too uneven and in weird places and too fishy in color to be accessories. It's blood trickles.
tdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-12, 08:17   Link #16
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgrodriguez View Post
Sooo...what was that thing/craft that Tekkadan detected was going to the moon? It can't be just Vidar, right?
I think that's just Vidar's shuttle going to the moon where Arianrhod fleet is. We did see Gaelio contacted Rustal right after Tekkadan spotted it, and Tekkadan made a point about the shuttle being quite small.
Old 2017-02-12, 08:19   Link #17
kp_ol

So now ... it's very chaos one.
We can't judge for now Mcgillis is villain or not. Need to see more action after take Bael first.
His life is rough in the other way like many people of tekkadan in the other way.
And ... now he throw is humanity aside by using Ein research to imprint AV in him ...
Make him nearly like tekkadan group in some way. But we must seeing next because he still can't believe deeply because his past's betrayal.
Even so ... there some hint that he might not hate children and have real care of them. Like above that somebody tell theory that Almiria stab Mcgillis and he let them on.Her blood part on the glove can't happen from touch dead lying body for sure.[And tekkadan is main with childred too].
And ... lol ... Mcgillis first drive in gundam without shirt like mika first drive or tekkadan on mobile worker. Is it hint ?. Or service ? ... or both.

And ... I still side that Rustal is evil one. There still thing that he get in his sleeve for sure.
Just like... missing body of Naze and Amida will use with his mobile-suit or Gundam like use Ein in vidar. That red-hair mechanic girl on his side look very evil. And maybe Rastal have his gundam ...or turning to be mobile armor at worst[I found in mecha forum tell that creator of gundam is happen to be one of person create mobile armor in the past]. And ... not many story that evil side show all there card out right before series end this long.

We might need some trigger to pull Gaelio to this side. When I read comment on youtube and found word that he speak ... Authority , Might , Brute Force maybe bael, vidar, balbatos. Or maybe ... final fight they will work in group.[Maybe that annoying julliet too... but only 0.1%]
That time Mcgillis may see Gaelio is friend for first[And last] time.[But i think he need real hit first like how happen in code geass]

Rastal call bael is gundam that have Anika's soul. So it's confirm that people who over use old style AV ... pilot soul may trap in gundam. [Theory maybe think that soul is nearly one type of energy from ...so it can trap/store like it store in our body]
Maybe that why Mika still call Balbatos is Balbatos... even it's upgrade and have longer name.[He maybe talk with soul who live in there and maybe that old pilot's soul told how to call Balbatos name with true pronounce]

And this maybe why Bael isn't use. What if Anika's soul seeing nowadays Gjallarhorn's corruption is true.
And if this true ... now Mcgillis is something like shaman that linking with Anika now?

Ouch... So long ...

And forgot one thing ... Husk can inherit Mika's will for sure by using soul that trap in Gundam theory and Mcgillis imprint AV technology.
kp_ol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-12, 08:29   Link #18
kgrodriguez
Three Stars and a Sun

So wait, McGillis plan is to use Bael because order dictates that whoever used Bael must be followed by the whole organization. Yet, here he is in the middle of a coup d'etat. What's stopping his opponents from initiating their own coup d'etat against McG?

Also, why is that old Seven Stars member so...scared? Disturbed? by Bael being activated?

Something tells me thay Agnika (or his soul) is actually evil. The final fight will be Barbatos vs Bael, with McG taken over by Agnika's soul. Galieo telling Ein to use his body I think is a foreshadowing of soul takeover in Gundam.
kgrodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-12, 08:46   Link #19
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

What sickens me more than MCGillis' past is that Iok is still around looking calm and peaceful as ever like nothing happened.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-12, 08:54   Link #20
akumaten

You really should had stabbed Galileo, McGilis.
How did Ein survive? He was stabbed himself. There was no way Mika could had missed.

A new Calamity War is about to begin.
akumaten is offline   Reply With Quote