AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2004-01-15, 19:41   Link #61
Bortix
l33t One

Definately Grave of the Fireflies.

And just so everyone knows, RavenChild never buys anime, he pirates all of it, except for Metropolis mainly because of a friend and myself. He also knows that Grave of the Fireflies is licensed, but he still wants to download it since he is a pirate and that's what they do.
Bortix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-16, 02:48   Link #62
yukari_kiss
dreamer flyer

awww...man...many anime makes me cry, the recent one is Hikaru no Go...probably for the same reason as everyone else who have cried in it... and another one i can recall is Escanflowne, in the end....man i cried the whole weekend, i was even talking to a friend about it and she started crying it, LOL... don't ask, i'm a sucker for these sweet things...SO therefore, would kanon be any good for me?
yukari_kiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-16, 12:11   Link #63
Sepiraph
Arayashiki

Didnt really cried as I did my best to hold back any tear...

Naruto - Episode 19
RahXephon - Episode 19
Kenshin Reminiscence OVA

There must be something about episode 19.
Sepiraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-16, 12:13   Link #64
Flash_Squirrel
F&C Fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to Flash_Squirrel Send a message via AIM to Flash_Squirrel
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukari_kiss
SO therefore, would kanon be any good for me?
Kanon is just good. Period. Even if you don't like sweet or romantic things you will like it.
Flash_Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-16, 12:50   Link #65
theprophecy247
i know your future

Send a message via AIM to theprophecy247
Unhappy cry

GTO or trigun maybe even ippo because it was so sad a good anime like that had to end
theprophecy247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-17, 12:02   Link #66
madeener
君の犬です - bow wow!

Location: i live in singapore, you know where that is? its not in china! lol
Send a message via MSN to madeener
Hmmm... Anime that has made me cry?

Well... no anime has made me cry before. Or is it because I watch too few romantic anime serieses? Nar, mustn't be. More likely because anime hasn't been able to simulate a situation which I could relate to in my pathetic little life.

However, there was one which got close to it. The Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien ending where Narumi said goodbye to the orange haired girl made me feel really bad in the stomach, it was very similar to when my father left me and my mother when I was around 5 years old. I just couldnt bring myself to cry as I was too young at that time to understand the severity of what my mom or dad was going through.

Anyway... the crappy few ending minutes put me off the mood.
madeener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-17, 12:32   Link #67
KazuChan_5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianoanime
Since there's a thread for the "feel good tingly feeling", why not make one for those über-emotional tear-jerkers? For whatever reason, these series/movies made me cry at one point or another...

Onegai Teacher......a lot
Onegai Twins.........a little
Millenium Actress....**BIGTIME!!**
Fruits Basket..........slight sniffles, little misty-eyed
Cowboy Bebop.......a lot at the end...I still cry sometimes when I hear the closing song...so....very...sad. It's a good kind of sad though.
Inu-Yasha..............a bit here and there...okay...a lot here and there.
Love Hina...............I'm not sure why I cried a little during this one...I was almost to tears in the Christmas special, I think, but that's about it.

call me a big baby, but I'm always very emotional, not to mention a hopeless romantic, and being a relatively new but dedicated otaku...get the right series in front of me when I'm in the right mood, and there go the waterworks

How about you guys?

www.geocities.com/pianoanime

Mine is defenetly Onegai Twins and Teacher
Also Narue No Sekai
KazuChan_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-17, 21:41   Link #68
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

mmm all my sad moments belong to Saint Seiya, RoV and Grave of the Fireflies

*SPOILERS*

When Hyoga dies along with Camus in Acuario's (Spanish) house.

When Esmeralda dies and then fenix goes berserk.

When Mime tells his hystory to andromeda and fenix.

When Shiru dies in the house of Capricornio (Spanish)

When Hyoga's master dies.

Rose of Versailles:

When the little boy is shot in the street

When charlotte kills herself (I actually had nightmares with this one)

When Andre Dies

The ending of the series Oh crap... what a sad ending.
Old 2004-01-17, 23:27   Link #69
Joe Dalton

been wondering about rose of versailes if i should download it or not. so tis good i take it?
The name drew my atention
Joe Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-17, 23:27   Link #70
LifeIsStudy
How very educational

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asakura_Y0h
Talk about crying....Here's afew

1) Last Exile
2) FMA's Nina and dogged transmutation : Huge sniffer
3) X TV : Know I'm not supposed to mention anymore about this here since its liscensed but for those who like things that will entirely spoil your mood and make you feel down for weeks to come..... watch this!!!!
Gotta agree with ya on the FMA episode with the Nina and dog transmutation and im also gonna go with Fruits Basket
LifeIsStudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-17, 23:28   Link #71
Joe Dalton

anyone keeping dry eyes during nina is just a freak j/k
Joe Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-18, 00:58   Link #72
Lst2touchdasky

Send a message via AIM to Lst2touchdasky
I dont cry but Sainako is a really sad anime
Lst2touchdasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-18, 01:28   Link #73
Tzurial
in silent opposition

Send a message via AIM to Tzurial Send a message via MSN to Tzurial
This isnt anime but I cried when I finished the Kenshin manga... It was like he was moving on with out me!!!-weep-
Tzurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-18, 01:51   Link #74
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:

Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
It's hard to remember stuff that made me misty eyed (men don't cry, you know), but I remember Tenchi Muyo in Love did that. That's the one where Tenchi meets his mom.

I only remember it because my buddy was watched it in the next room after I had already seen it... and after it was done I asked him if he was misty-eyed like I had been... took him a moment to admit it.

-k
Kempis Curious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-18, 02:42   Link #75
madeener
君の犬です - bow wow!

Location: i live in singapore, you know where that is? its not in china! lol
Send a message via MSN to madeener
What's so saddening about the Nina transmutation? If you have accepted the fact humans sacrifice many things in the pursuing of science you would understand such a situation happens everyday.

Okay so maybe this post is based on personal opinion but I really feel that there really was no need to cry at that scene.
madeener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-18, 04:38   Link #76
Sailordareone2300
Sailor Mercury Lover

I cry after every anime i watch kicking and screaming pounding the floor like a baby
Sailordareone2300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-18, 06:11   Link #77
bluemist
i am the mist

Fruits Basket made me cry a LOT. A little shame that I am a guy, but when you are closely knitted to an anime as good as Furuba you can't help it right? I wonder, our local TV will show this anime soon, will it have the same impact on other people?

Also, the last episode of Full Moon wo Sagashite left me broken down for a few minutes. It's really a great ending! Considering it's 52-episodes long, this is the kind of shoujo anime that you can get attached to. Because I have certain affection for these characters due to extremely detailed character development (because it's a long anime) I sometimes 'feel' for them.

And the venerable One Piece. Because the anime is divided into seemingly short but amazingly long story arcs, with amazingly long episodes talking novels about the characters, it's character development is also excellent. Try Sanji's story arc and Nami's story arc. Both feature a very breathtaking victory sequence, and an almost heart-wrenching farewell sequence. Because their battles are long and very stretched, when they attain victory it's REALLY A VICTORY. You cry tears of joy just by looking at it. And since after that victory the One Piece team will leave that certain town, there is a certain farewell spot that really takes your heart to pieces, because the characters are well-developed and are closely knitted to each other (even the side characters take note). I have typed a LOT already, but while I still regard shoujo anime as the best tearjerkers, I really applaud One Piece because this is the ONLY SHOUNEN ANIME that has a heart!
bluemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-18, 11:27   Link #78
Iridi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemist
Also, the last episode of Full Moon wo Sagashite left me broken down for a few minutes. It's really a great ending!
I'm surprised that you're the first to list Full Moon, that is one heart wrenching anime.

I'll agree for Fushigi Yuugi quite a bit, and Uchuu no Stellvia once or twice (no idea, either, perhaps I felt I had to join in with them, like if you're in a room full of young kids and one starts crying, it sets off a domino effect [hey, that even happened in Stellvia, didn't it! now where's my bawling emoticon ]),

I'll add Mahoromatic... yeah yeah, I know, but season one was pretty powerful, and even season 2 had its moments, Violinist Hamelin once or twice, Wolf's Rain once or twice, Kimi ga almost, Infinite Ryvius at some points, possibly Scrapped Princess (definitely NOT at the ending, though), and some others.
I may have during Ultra Maniac, but only joy not tears of sorrow.

Anyway I'm sure this list is incomplete, if a show moves me enough I'm not one to hold back at its powerful moments. I consider it more as powerful sympathy than that I'm a crybaby, though. Feel free to differ in your opinion, just don't share it or I'll cry
Iridi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-19, 18:16   Link #79
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:

Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iridi
... possibly Scrapped Princess (definitely NOT at the ending, though)..

Feel free to differ in your opinion, just don't share it or I'll cry
Well, I'm a cruel and heartless beast, so I will offer an opinion and ignore the river of tears. :P

^_^

WHAT's wrong with the ending of SP? I got "misty eyed" when
Spoiler:

Maybe I'm just getting old and different things affect my emotions now...

-k
Kempis Curious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-19, 19:19   Link #80
Iridi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kempis Curious
Well, I'm a cruel and heartless beast, so I will offer an opinion and ignore the river of tears. :P

^_^

WHAT's wrong with the ending of SP? I got "misty eyed" when [edited by Iridi, because I wanted to]
Maybe I'm just getting old and different things affect my emotions now...

-k
Bah! Only half quoting, you'll get no tears from me, ojii-san!
"I consider it more as powerful sympathy than that I'm a crybaby, though. Feel free to differ in your opinion, just don't share it or I'll cry" the full monty...

As for SP's ending being weak, the part you mentioned made me go sheesh more than take an emotional ride. I don't consider myself a cruel person, but I was rolling my eyes like this

Who knows, though, maybe I stomp helpless bugs in my sleep...

SP Spoiler:
Spoiler:

And continuing the original topic, it seems I have to add HnG to my list, too... *sigh*
Iridi is offline   Reply With Quote