AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2009-06-08, 15:39   Link #21
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Teg View Post
This video was ridiculous when it was released some years ago and it is still the case The only thing the video show you is that : Don't remove the heatsink of your CPU when your using your computer

Intel instead of putting a function to stop/underclock part of a P4 when it overheat, they should have worked on the efficiency problem of the netburst
I would never open up my laptop but the thing is.. When I turn on my portable heater, the room temperature goes up which also causes my laptop to feel as though it overheats. Wouldn't it have a similar effect as removing the cooler when my portable heater is on?
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-08, 16:13   Link #22
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

There are CPUs that can run without a heatsink like the Intel Atom and the Via CPUs, but they are too slow for anything but basic stuff like web browsing, mp3 player, word processing and email.
Old 2009-06-09, 03:01   Link #23
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Minato View Post
I would never open up my laptop but the thing is.. When I turn on my portable heater, the room temperature goes up which also causes my laptop to feel as though it overheats. Wouldn't it have a similar effect as removing the cooler when my portable heater is on?
The room temperature is important but for that to have a real effect on your processor you will need to have a problem with your heatsink/fan or living somewhere with very hot summer. But in the end the motherboard thermal protection should stop the computer before the CPU burn.

To have a laptop fan spin continuously when the room is temperature is high can be completely normal depending on the processor and the care the manufacturer has put in building the air flow inside the laptop.

Before summer start don't forget to remove the dust inside the heatsink in your computer your processor will be cooler (do the same for your video card those thing are worst than processor)
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote