Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > KanColle

Notices

Old 2014-10-06, 12:03   Link #5361
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyprene View Post
4-3 leveling is tricky and a bit bucket intensive. I was just doing it last week, and I got Hibiki all the way up to her russian form in 3 days, but it was a pain in the butt. After a lot of experimenting here's what I settled on:

Destroyer your want to level: (All high end ASW equipment)
Kitakami: Midget subs, 20.3cm, one sonar
Ooi: Midget subs, 20.3cm, 20.3cm
Hiryuu: Ryuusei Kai, Reppuu Reppuu Saiun
Bismarck: 41cm cannon, turbine
I-19: Torp Torp

At first I used a light carrier and a torpedo cruiser instead of two torpedo cruisers, but I found this gives better survivability if you get routed to the south node, and was less likely to take MVP on the submarine fights.
I use this for 4-3, in exact order:

1) Flagship to level - 2 sonar 1 dc
2) w/e CV - 2 green 1 blue 1 red OR 1 green 2 blue 1 red
3) w/e BB
4) CL - 1 subgun 1 sonar 1 dc
5) CVL - 1 green, Tenzan Sq. 931, Type 97 Sq. 931, Ka-gou
6) w/e SS (to absorb chip damages)

Line ahead node, and the usual for the rest.
Rarely use any bucket, only about 1 in 4 node J encounter, which is like 1 in 8 total. Half the time my ship just dodge/tank the Ta-class's attack, a fourth of the time my BB just outright sniped it down, and the rest just orange from hit. I think I've only retreated once...? Last whole month. And that wasn't from the Ta-class, just my SS getting crit by diamond DD.
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-07, 02:32   Link #5362
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
Er... I dunno what's wrong with focus leveling 1 DD and have other ones leech exp whenever they can. I mean I already have 6 out of the DD Big 7 at Lv.99, with a Lv.79 Amatsukaze who I've been temporary benching being the one not 99. Then the Mutsuki-class, Akatsuki-class, Asashio-class, Kagerou-class, the Shiratsuyu-class and a bunch of singled out ones like Hatsushimo, Whobuki and Shikinami in the Lv.60~70s. The rest (minus Hatsuharu/Nenohi, the only two DDs I didn't keep) are just sitting in the 50s and high 40s.

I didn't even try to level them (I don't got that much time tbh, 3 hours/day at most, 4 if I'm off. Would rather spend those time ranking), the only ones among those who actually took part in any real sorties like 3-2 clearing, Spring E4 and Summer E2 were 6th DD Div and Shiratsuyu/Murasame/Samidare/Suzukaze, minus that one quest involving Mutsuki x 4 in 3-2. Everyone else just leeched their exp off expeditions, sparkling sorties(1-1, 1-5) and sparkling pvp runs.

I think it really just comes down to calculating/prioritizing how you want to distribute the exp per sortie/pvp/expeditions IMHO.
You plays favourite on your ship daughters? Not leveling them all to 99? =X

But yeah i tried go for ranking a bit and can't do it. Games have to be casual for me now. I can't stand the thought of have to turn on computer everyday and play ABC to get XYZ. Still spend lots of time on Kancolle of course, but at no pressure other than wanting to get all my daughters and waifu to lvl 96+

Feel a bit of challenge doing quests/ missions using mostly non-elite DD, CL and CA too. As i almost got all BB and the carriers to 96.
Old 2014-10-07, 04:27   Link #5363
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
You plays favourite on your ship daughters? Not leveling them all to 99? =X

But yeah i tried go for ranking a bit and can't do it. Games have to be casual for me now. I can't stand the thought of have to turn on computer everyday and play ABC to get XYZ. Still spend lots of time on Kancolle of course, but at no pressure other than wanting to get all my daughters and waifu to lvl 96+

Feel a bit of challenge doing quests/ missions using mostly non-elite DD, CL and CA too. As i almost got all BB and the carriers to 96.
I see what you mean and I certainly respect that.

Personally I'm not concerned about favorites as there is only one that I consider absolute and she already has the one and only ring.

The rest don't matter much to me, as my main drive to this game is collection, dex filling and map clearing, and the surest way to achieve that is to have a well drilled fleet that can handle any map and event so I can get/farm whatever exclusive prizes and drops they offer. Being a firm pragmatist myself I have little reason to train Lv.99 regular DDs when I have better alternatives. I can train as many Lv.99 BB (all), CV (7) and CA (10) as I like because there is always room for them in my ranking fleet. DD and CL... not so much.

That doesn't mean I leave the non-elite combatants to gather dust though, as you can already see I like to throw the ones I like into pvps to leech exp and they also function as secondary backup fleet. If they get to 99 from that, then they will. Otherwise, training them to 99 for the sake of favoritism doesn't really conform to my interest so I won't ever care to bother.

p.s. I don't really consider self imposed handicap 'challenges' as challenge so that playstyle doesn't really suit me unfortunately.

Last edited by Lantern; 2014-10-07 at 04:50.
Old 2014-10-07, 08:22   Link #5364
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Speaking of playstyles, I'm more of a collector myself, though I still make sure that I have a well-rounded fleet for events.

That said, I'm kind of systematic with who I Kai-2, which is to say from lowest to highest. Not surprising here is that my first Kai2 for this playthrough are the Torpedo lesbians, then Naka, followed by Isuzu and Kinugasa. Kongou and Tone sort of just happened due to the event, while both Yuudachi and Shigure just happened just this weekend.

Ammo accumulation has slowed down despite Tokyo Express, as I kind of PVP regularly, but everything else has increased at a steady clip. Heck, my buckets are well over Summer 2014 event's levels.

My next goal is 100k on Fuel, Ammo, and Bauxite. With the series 6 review, things have significantly slowed down, but still doing what I can daily.
Old 2014-10-07, 08:56   Link #5365
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
That doesn't mean I leave the non-elite combatants to gather dust though, as you can already see I like to throw the ones I like into pvps to leech exp and they also function as secondary backup fleet. If they get to 99 from that, then they will. Otherwise, training them to 99 for the sake of favoritism doesn't really conform to my interest so I won't ever care to bother.

p.s. I don't really consider self imposed handicap 'challenges' as challenge so that playstyle doesn't really suit me unfortunately.
I thought i am the only weird one on this at first. But watched Extra Credits and apparently it's one of the core (offline) playing style also. Set your own rule and enjoy the challenge.

And hey, Batman did it with his non killing rule
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Speaking of playstyles, I'm more of a collector myself, though I still make sure that I have a well-rounded fleet for events.

That said, I'm kind of systematic with who I Kai-2, which is to say from lowest to highest. Not surprising here is that my first Kai2 for this playthrough are the Torpedo lesbians, then Naka, followed by Isuzu and Kinugasa. Kongou and Tone sort of just happened due to the event, while both Yuudachi and Shigure just happened just this weekend.

Ammo accumulation has slowed down despite Tokyo Express, as I kind of PVP regularly, but everything else has increased at a steady clip. Heck, my buckets are well over Summer 2014 event's levels.

My next goal is 100k on Fuel, Ammo, and Bauxite. With the series 6 review, things have significantly slowed down, but still doing what I can daily.
Naka? You got her as your 3rd Kai Ni??

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2014-10-07 at 09:14.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-07, 10:14   Link #5366
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
I thought i am the only weird one on this at first. But watched Extra Credits and apparently it's one of the core (offline) playing style also. Set your own rule and enjoy the challenge.

And hey, Batman did it with his non killing rule
See, I look at things the other way:
I'm not so much interested in completing a 'normal' round of game with eyes blindfolded and one handed.
I prefer 'impossible' campaign using every bit of resource I can muster.

I'm also the type who tend to find the "no killing" thing ridiculous in animes and films... it just isn't pragmatic, you see?
Old 2014-10-07, 11:01   Link #5367
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Well yeah. While you'd THINK her being the lowest 2nd remodel at 48 would make her the first, but frankly she doesn't have much place in the main fleet during world 2 (where I spent the majority of grinding due to trying to complete CarDiv 1).

By comparison, both Kitakami and Ooi have welcome places in fleet comp due to their torpedoes, which gives them an easier time hitting Kai2 form.
Old 2014-10-07, 11:18   Link #5368
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

Say I wanted a handicap (already lvl 103). Is not wanting a Yamato class reasonable? Especially for event maps
Old 2014-10-07, 11:20   Link #5369
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

If it is solely because of LSC suffering, I can sort of understand.
But beside that, not really. Besides whether or not you like the character, Yamato class are definitely helpful for events and high end maps.
Old 2014-10-07, 11:24   Link #5370
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

LSC suffering is kinda part of it (countless Yamato attempts results to Yama...shiros etc Only to get lucky with Bismarck on 1st try)

So looks like it's okay for not wanting to get her or sushi.
Old 2014-10-07, 13:22   Link #5371
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I implied the opposite: frankly, -except a possible LSC paranoia (or utter lack of ressources)-, I see no reason not to get Yamato or Musashi.

In fact, your mention of the events is the major reason you need either or both of them. Ever since Spring event, the event maps are being more prone to all out fleets instead of "true balanced" ones when it comes to final map. Summer event took the cake with E6 boss being a utter PITA.

Of course, they aren't 100% required to clear completely events whatsoever, and a lot of people have proved it is possible with a way more casual fleet by bringing their DD/CL. However, this kind of fluke doesn't magically dispel the absurdly unforgiving nature of that kind of map, especially they aren't that common (otherwise, we would have way more than 10-15% of admirals with Isokaze as we speak), so you really need to stack odds in your favor.
It is pretty much the same thing than 3-2 with DD: yes, it is actually feasible to clear this map with lvl1 Mutsuki fleet. Does it justify not bringing special DD? Absolutely not.

If anything, a Yamato class should take precedence over any other LSC target except Taihou. I daresay the question should be relegated to Bismarck, considering her contribution is barely better than a Kongou Kai ni and that's only for night battles.
That's of course with a pragmatic perspective in mind.
Old 2014-10-07, 13:38   Link #5372
Cyprene

Does Taihou make that much of a difference?
Cyprene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-07, 13:40   Link #5373
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I lost count of many instances where Taihou managed to sink/drop an enemy ship to orange/red despite being in orange herself, saving the day as result.

Let's see in a different way: did it ever happen to you that one of your CV was in orange and that her shelling could potentially avoid a disaster? I'm sure it did happen, a LOT, even moreso in an event map.
Old 2014-10-07, 14:02   Link #5374
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

Hence why I mentioned events. I can understand that most people don't get why would I want to make my life harder by not wanting a Yamato class.

True that having 1 or both of them can make a difference but at the same time not having them makes some maps impossible to beat (I didn't bother summer E-6 back then because lack of ships available and resources). Call me a masochist cuz I just feel like I wanted to challenge my sanity.
Old 2014-10-07, 16:56   Link #5375
KBTKaiser

*is at the point where the only ships left for him are drops and LSC(Akitsumaru, Shioi, and the Big 4)*

*notes his bauxite count being under 1000 while his other resources have at least 17k*

*still needs to clear 5-3*

*looks at his HQ 95 and trembles in fear of the 100 boundary*
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-07, 20:25   Link #5376
Cyprene

On the plus side, 5-3 costs exactly zero bauxite! Unless you want to use Akitsumaru, I guess.
Seriously, just sparkle your ships and plow through it. It won't take more than week or so and maybe 60-70 buckets, and once it's done it's done, and you can go hunting for rares in 5-4.

Also note that there's a big, big gap between 95 and 100. So you've got a while.
Old 2014-10-07, 23:33   Link #5377
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Same as above.

Chitose / Chiyoda were my first K2s then followed by Naka.

Anyone have a 5-3 composition and formation suggestions?
Old 2014-10-08, 00:39   Link #5378
Cyprene

This is similar to the build I used. Sparkle your ships, send a boss support fleet even if it costs resources (sparkle the flagship of the support fleet.) And just accept that it's going to suck.

Note that he recommends damecons if you don't have enough bulges. I do not recommend damecons. Ever, at any time, in any circumstance. They are not your friend. Stay the hell away from them.
Old 2014-10-08, 00:50   Link #5379
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Save those damecons for events and 5-5. You don't need those for one time normal maps.
Old 2014-10-08, 01:00   Link #5380
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Maybe they should do something with damcom occupying an equipment slot. I means with LOS, and then air supreme, and spotting these days, you barely have any spare room left for damcom

I actually only used 1 damcom before. On Shimakaze. As i want to see what the chance for a red hp ship to sink if you bring her to the battle. And the chance is 100%.

Yes, first hit in that first node, damcom activated. So listen newbie Teitoku. Never ever continue with a red ship to next node without damcom. You won't be lucky, and she won't dodge

Tags
browser game, dmm, ship girls