Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-11-01, 09:50   Link #341
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Quote:
Originally Posted by haiz123321 View Post
Irm was introduced in Divine Wars so it's not really spoiling anything, just thought you'd like to know.
There are people here watching this show without knowledge of OG games or Divine Wars so they don't know previous characters except the ones that appear after each episode here. I use spoiler tags for the sake of those newcomers and in order not to confuse them.

And also, I think you mistook me for non SRW OG player

Spoiler for episode 5 impressions:
Old 2010-11-01, 10:27   Link #342
Lee Linjun
Lee Lee Lee!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
Spoiler for episode 5 impressions:
Spoiler:

@Shinji103 : I know that wasn't the worst battle but still..
Lee Linjun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 11:20   Link #343
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Episode 05

Yeah, Lee with his hat on makes him much cooler.

I have to say though, want to see more Aya. Come one girl, you'll be supplying my jiggly desires er I mean green hair fixx for this series

And, when I saw Mai Kobayashi's picture, I had a laugh, as more memories of my game play had been resurfacing prior to watching ep 05, and
Spoiler for possibly some game spoilers:

Now with some game memories returned, I can't wait to see more Arado Bomber and Seolla. A bit surprised as to how the story is being used in the anime, so I shall wait with a good amount of patience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haiz123321 View Post
For some reason, all the miscellaneous announcers or something are really hot and their design makes them look like they'd be a main character in an anime as well, they're totally not "side/background character" design.
Yeah, she has what I like to call a "unique sprite", which is probably why the moment I saw her, not only did she stand out, but it lit that fire in my memories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios Olympus View Post
yup, her name is Tuile on Gravion's dimension
Oh thanks much, man the memories are coming back to me
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 11:25   Link #344
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

i soo wanna see the freakingly awesome Gattai mode of all the SRX team's mech which i saw on one of my plays on GBA
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 13:28   Link #345
Crimrui
Hollow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Linjun View Post
Spoiler:
Well, because I look episodes as a whole, from character conversations, story progression, music insertion at the right moments to animation and battle choreography. As crazy as it sounds I'm not just watching this show because of the robots, I really like the characters and if the episode is interesting to me for certain things without battle, so be it.
Old 2010-11-02, 00:59   Link #346
fukarming

Given the budget of SRW - OG, I think it is better not to expect some really fancy battle scenes. The staff knows full well that no matter how bad they make, SRW loyals will still watch the show.

more on ep 5,
Seolla's cleavage and panty!
Kusuha is cute
Ibis - I am hoping they will animate the cooperation between Ibis and Cybuster.
SanShiki vs the original gungrust. So which mecha is better stat wise? I know the Nishiki is a weaken version of the original, but how about the Sanshiki?
Lamia and Kai's conversation. An important "flag" for Lamia.
Arado is alive. I think the staff fools some to believe he is dead in the previous episode. Good job for the staff.
Fairlion! Fairlion!!!! They had to animate Royal Heart Breaker now. But in OG1 they actually animate rampage ghost but the effect is not that good. Hopefully they will do a better job this time.

So far OG - inspectors is doing a good job in terms of pacing. ep 6 will be stage 12 in the game. It gives them plenty of time to slow down on epic stages latter on.
Then they came for me and force me to be a vegan by that time no one was left to speak up.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 03:56   Link #347
Dart

Considering that
Spoiler for later:

I can't help but laugh about Alt not getting busted in half by Thrudgelmir's zankantou.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fukarming View Post
SanShiki vs the original gungrust. So which mecha is better stat wise? I know the Nishiki is a weaken version of the original, but how about the Sanshiki?
IIRC, Sanshiki wins out over the Ichishiki, but Thrudgelmir isn't a Sanshiki. And going by the stats, and considering that
Spoiler for Thrudgelmir:
, Thrugelmir is clearly superior to the entire Grungust line... with the one exception of
Spoiler for big spoiler for later:

Last edited by Dart; 2010-11-02 at 04:03. Reason: Added reply to above post
Dart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 05:29   Link #348
Lee Linjun
Lee Lee Lee!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
Well, because I look episodes as a whole, from character conversations, story progression, music insertion at the right moments to animation and battle choreography. As crazy as it sounds I'm not just watching this show because of the robots, I really like the characters and if the episode is interesting to me for certain things without battle, so be it.
Nice, thx for the answer

@Dart :
Spoiler for SRW OG2:

Old 2010-11-02, 08:43   Link #349
Aoi Toori
KISEKI da yo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream
Well at least you didn't use their breast size as a comparison
personally, I don't even remember about that when I reply your comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron
Oh thanks much, man the memories are coming back to me
and thanks to you, I knew that Tuile's seiyuu = kusuha's + addicted to gravion song again right now (it bring much nostalgia)

a great ep as always. I like the battle between super vs real at the beginning of this ep.
then, awesome appearance of irm-grungust + hagane with their own BGM!
and of course my beloved kusuha~~~ with her nishiki (yeah, grungusts ep!) + master rishu.

at the end, sieg zeon I mean DC
Aoi Toori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 11:54   Link #350
Dart

Quote:
@Dart :
Spoiler for SRW OG2:

I completely forgot about that scene... but still, Alt took a hell of a lot more damage there than it did in the anime, where it was immediately able to continue fighting.
Dart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 13:21   Link #351
Lee Linjun
Lee Lee Lee!!!

Quote:
So far OG - inspectors is doing a good job in terms of pacing. ep 6 will be stage 12 in the game. It gives them plenty of time to slow down on epic stages latter on.
Spoiler:
Old 2010-11-02, 16:00   Link #352
fukarming

Quote:
Spoiler:
Actually ep 6 will be stage 10, but we are shown stuff that happened in stage 12. So it is safe to assume they will go 2 stages per episode. OG2 has only 43 stages, give the production staff 4-5 stages to slow down which is plenty in my opinion.
Then they came for me and force me to be a vegan by that time no one was left to speak up.
Old 2010-11-02, 16:49   Link #353
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Quote:
Actually ep 6 will be stage 10, but we are shown stuff that happened in stage 12. So it is safe to assume they will go 2 stages per episode. OG2 has only 43 stages, give the production staff 4-5 stages to slow down which is plenty in my opinion.
OGs 2 has 50+ stages from what I remember, and the anime is based on the OGs version.
Old 2010-11-02, 17:16   Link #354
fukarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shariq View Post
OGs 2 has 50+ stages from what I remember, and the anime is based on the OGs version.
From what I see so far the anime is going to be a mix between OG2 and OGS (Axel is made sympathetic but Raul and Fiona are not seen)

We will be at stage 17 in ep 6 if we are using OGS version. So 50 stages will be only at ep 18?
Old 2010-11-02, 18:43   Link #355
Kraker2k

They are not adapting the game like you guys think.

The anime is not a direct adaptation, if it was, it would be very badly paced. Much like Divine Wars was.

This anime loosely takes the core ideas and plot points and merges together in a nice fashion.
Old 2010-11-02, 18:54   Link #356
Crimrui
Hollow

Anime adaptation takes a little from both GBA and PS2 versions and mixes it in it's own way. Core of the story will remain the same but character appearances and battles is just a wild guess at this point, except for the few ''important ones'' that we know.
Old 2010-11-03, 07:15   Link #357
Lee Linjun
Lee Lee Lee!!!

I really hopes fiona/raul don't appear in this anime,too many character already

Another question...
Spoiler for OG2:
Old 2010-11-03, 07:41   Link #358
fukarming

They are bound to be slower towards the end of the series. Even in the game, characters like Katina and Russel will be shown but they won't have any development but that is how the OG series is. Heck, I don't think they have any development even on Masaki.

For earlier episode I think the pace at this stage is fine. Later on they will be slower

Spoiler for spoiler for later event:
Old 2010-11-03, 09:36   Link #359
Lee Linjun
Lee Lee Lee!!!

Quote:
They are bound to be slower towards the end of the series. Even in the game, characters like Katina and Russel will be shown but they won't have any development but that is how the OG series is. Heck, I don't think they have any development even on Masaki.

For earlier episode I think the pace at this stage is fine. Later on they will be slower

Spoiler for spoiler for later event:
I agree with that statement. I never like them, they are useless (for me) and dont want them to wasting the screen time in this anime.
Old 2010-11-03, 12:21   Link #360
Crimrui
Hollow

^ Well they were never high on my list as well, but you must understand that anime team will probably enrage some of the fans if they don't show all the characters at least once.

Tags
mecha, science fiction