AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 54 33.13%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 54 33.13%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 26 15.95%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 9.20%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 3.68%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.23%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.61%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 3.07%
Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-12-08, 16:34   Link #81
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
I'm not sure I really like Tieria losing his calm so soon (well, 10 episodes of nearly no meaningful appearances by Tieria off mission) is too good.

Also, I wonder if this means the other Gundams have secret double functions too. TRANSFORM. Other than Kyrios I mean.
Kyrios had the claw, Dynames had the missles. only one who hasn't shown any secondary abilities yet is the Exia.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-08, 16:37   Link #82
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice16uy View Post
They are cords that were attached to the armored parts. Think of them as wires.
lawl^^ Lacus being Nadleeh makes more sense then that..
Old 2007-12-08, 16:54   Link #83
hamstar
just passing by

I thought the way the new stripped down virtue handled the situation was pretty gay. That pose...... the had to be the most sexually ambigious way to kill someone.

great episode nonetheless. This is pretty much what i want to see every episode.
Old 2007-12-08, 17:01   Link #84
CHAOS|ZERO

Exia has!
Main char gundam Ultimate plot power!!!
CHAOS|ZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-08, 17:24   Link #85
FireChick

Sweet pop tarts! Holy jumping banana boats!!!

Spoiler for CUTEST Tieria scene EVER!!!:

HAAAAAAUUUUUU!!!! KAWAIIIIII!!! OMOCHIKAERIIIIII!!!! *Goes into Rena's omochikaeri mode or my Otaku mode* THIS is the CUTEST Tieria scene EVAAAAAAAAAR!!!! I wanna HUG him na no da!!! I listened to the Mulan song "I'll Make a Man Outta You".
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-08, 17:33   Link #86
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAOS|ZERO View Post
Exia has!
Main char gundam Ultimate plot power!!!
That power exist only in Seed not in 00 .
Old 2007-12-08, 19:39   Link #87
lubczyk

So how in the world did Sergei plan to restrain Virtue but not restrain Kyrios on the ship? Didn't he figure that the pilot might wake up and try to get out the ship and access his weapons? Looked like sloppy writing to me. Also, why did they stop attacking once Virtue lost it's outer armor? There were so many plot devices it's not even funny. Too many plot shields for Celestial Being. By mid-episode there was no tension whatsoever. I knew the Vice-Commander was going to die once he went after Kyrios, since Kyrios can survive a whole ship blowing up while it's inside it. Celestial Being comes out unscathed, again. Way to artificially lengthen the show. I'm dropping this show. I'll watch it once the batch torrent comes out.
lubczyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-08, 20:14   Link #88
Alice16uy
Alice16uy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubczyk View Post
So how in the world did Sergei plan to restrain Virtue but not restrain Kyrios on the ship? Didn't he figure that the pilot might wake up and try to get out the ship and access his weapons? Looked like sloppy writing to me. Also, why did they stop attacking once Virtue lost it's outer armor? There were so many plot devices it's not even funny. Too many plot shields for Celestial Being. By mid-episode there was no tension whatsoever. I knew the Vice-Commander was going to die once he went after Kyrios, since Kyrios can survive a whole ship blowing up while it's inside it. Celestial Being comes out unscathed, again. Way to artificially lengthen the show. I'm dropping this show. I'll watch it once the batch torrent comes out.
You want CB to lose and be taken as a joke by the rest of the world? If the Gundam secret is reveal by a simple attack, CB will lose all of its previous generations' pride and efforts. It's not like CB won victoriously or anything. What do you mean 'artificially lengthen'?
Alice16uy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-08, 20:31   Link #89
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
The reason he cried is for tactical reasons. Like how he was angry with Dynames revealing his space sniping abilities to save civilians. The enemies now know Virtue's hidden ability, he is guilty about it.

This coupled with the fact that he has problems with his own gender.

Like:

Male? Female?

Strip (from GN-005 to GN-004)naked infront of everyone?

Its like he feels that he is too weak, being forced to reveal his secret to survive.
Tieria is a Futa.
Old 2007-12-08, 21:02   Link #90
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Tieria is a Futa.
An extremely flat chested futa.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-08, 21:31   Link #91
lubczyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice16uy View Post
You want CB to lose and be taken as a joke by the rest of the world? If the Gundam secret is reveal by a simple attack, CB will lose all of its previous generations' pride and efforts. It's not like CB won victoriously or anything. What do you mean 'artificially lengthen'?
The Gundams are just so overpowered compared to their enemies. The Gundams didn't get out of their bad situation by using tactics or expertise, they just threw in another ability like Virtue's ability to lose it's outer skin, Kyrios can slice through whole ships without a scratch. For matter how many times a Gundam gets hit it comes out undamaged. Gundam 00 is turning out to be a super robot show where the Gundams can destroy whole armies and leave only their arch rivals like Soma Graham and Ali who have their custom mobile suits. It's like Madlax and Noir where all the enemies miss their shots with the main characters standing there while firing shots that connect every time.

That's what I've always hated about Gundam. It's always about the stupid giant robots that look like samurai armor rejects while the characters are subordinate to the inanimate machines. I'm sorry, I can't develop sympathy for the Gundam machines themselves. It's like if a western country made a series with Challenger tanks, Abrams tanks and Leopard tanks and made them the centerpiece of the show and not their crews. Gundam 00 is just all about how "cool" the Gundams look and the stupid transformations and weapons they have.'

We're 10 episodes in and I don't give a flip about anybody. They could kill Sergei, Graham, Setsuna, Marina, all of Celestial Being next episode and I wouldn't shed a tear. It's episode 10 and you've failed to make me feel sympathy for any character. Gundam 00 writing staff, you have utterly failed.

*This is an opinion piece and not a flame post"
lubczyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-08, 21:32   Link #92
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Just watched the raw and wow.

Those Tierens really know how to dodge an attack

Did anyone else found themselves rooting for the HRL?

Soma shows us that while she's an enhanced soldier, she still has feelings and wanted to go back and help the sub commander. She also performed well against Virtue. Do Tierens have variable rifles that can readjust its settings? Her gun was literally pounding Vritue's shield and she was holding it with both hands instead of one.

Quote:
Gundam 00 is turning out to be a super robot show where the Gundams can destroy whole armies
Apparently you missed the part where it was blantatly stated that the gundams in 00 have the capability to take on entire armies. As the Union and HRL pointed out, the gundams are practically decades ahead of them.

Quote:
That's what I've always hated about Gundam. It's always about the stupid giant robots that look like samurai armor rejects while the characters are subordinate to the inanimate machines. I'm sorry, I can't develop sympathy for the Gundam machines themselves. It's like if a western country made a series with Challenger tanks, Abrams tanks and Leopard tanks and made them the centerpiece of the show and not their crews. Gundam 00 is just all about how "cool" the Gundams look and the stupid transformations and weapons they have.'
So...why are you watching 00 then? I hated Destiny so I stopped watching that.

Last edited by SoldierOfDarkness; 2007-12-08 at 22:31.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-08, 22:17   Link #93
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
The Gundams are just so overpowered compared to their enemies. The Gundams didn't get out of their bad situation by using tactics or expertise, they just threw in another ability like Virtue's ability to lose it's outer skin, Kyrios can slice through whole ships without a scratch. For matter how many times a Gundam gets hit it comes out undamaged. Gundam 00 is turning out to be a super robot show where the Gundams can destroy whole armies and leave only their arch rivals like Soma Graham and Ali who have their custom mobile suits. It's like Madlax and Noir where all the enemies miss their shots with the main characters standing there while firing shots that connect every time.
Ok from what I seen this is nothing like super robot show, because if this was a super robot show there would be no tactic what so ever and remember that 00 grunts could actually aim and hit their targets. It's just that the Gundams have superior technology which enables them to win. So they do have explanation why these Gundam are able to win and come out without being damaged so much. The Gundams do have some super robot quality but they are somewhat explainable.
Quote:
Ok then don't watch Gundam anymore if you don't like it, and what do you want them to do? Make the Gundam ugly and make them have generic and ugly weapon or something? Here's the thing, they need to sell model for these Gundam, and I really doubt people will buy an ugly ass model as much as cool looking model. And I think you are kinda flaming since you seems to be nitpicking.
Old 2007-12-08, 22:22   Link #94
Alice16uy
Alice16uy

Quote:

We're 10 episodes in and I don't give a flip about anybody. They could kill Sergei, Graham, Setsuna, Marina, all of Celestial Being next episode and I wouldn't shed a tear. It's episode 10 and you've failed to make me feel sympathy for any character. Gundam 00 writing staff, you have utterly failed.

*This is an opinion piece and not a flame post"
Again, why do you watch Gundam then T_T Seed/Desinty were basically the same as this. They didn't ''threw'' in Virtue's ablity; you missed the part where everyone was complaining where was 004. It was obviously planned.

You also miss the part where the Ryumin stated herself that the Gundam were IDEALS while the meister are not. Yah, the writer knows the gundam are powerful. I think it would be ridiculous if CB were to declare interventions with half-baked mobile suits. Who's to take them seriously?

I'm not a G00-lover but your points are just...
Alice16uy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-08, 23:00   Link #95
Eleutheria
旅行癖

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
Kyrios had the claw, Dynames had the missles. only one who hasn't shown any secondary abilities yet is the Exia.
I'd hazard a guess and say wings of light.
Old 2007-12-08, 23:38   Link #96
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleutheria View Post
I'd hazard a guess and say wings of light.
they already all have Minovsky drive systems.

so what, Exia's going to be the only one able to turn it's output into beam sabers and beam shields? 0_o
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-08, 23:41   Link #97
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
they already all have Minovsky drive systems.

so what, Exia's going to be the only one able to turn it's output into beam sabers and beam shields? 0_o
Maybe Exia can clip all 7 of his blades together into one giant Bustersword like Cloud did in Final Fantasy Advent Children?
Old 2007-12-08, 23:42   Link #98
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Maybe Exia can clip all 7 of his blades together into one giant Bustersword like Cloud did in Final Fantasy Advent Children?
An Exia version of the OmniSlash Version 5?!
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-08, 23:53   Link #99
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-09, 00:23   Link #100
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Quote:
Kyrios is actually restrained with metal bar or whatever it's called in the ship. It's just that the restrain doesn't work and Kyrios gets out