AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Tales of... > Tales of the Abyss (Archive)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-07, 14:11   Link #41
Kikuchi

Awwww... I was really hoping they'd put the skit with the frozen belly confusion in today's episode, it was funny as hell in the game.

Unless the skit actually plays the second time the team goes to Ketelburg ? I'm not sure anymore.
Old 2008-12-07, 22:41   Link #42
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post
All the Mieu skits were really funny.

Spoiler for mieu game skit:

Awww only the Jp version has the voice acting on the skits.
This was the reason why I quitted playing the game after seeing the first 2-3 voiceless skits by Luke. Originally, I was hoping that it would feature dual-audio, but it didn't have it which was also okay, but then.. All the skits were voiceless, that isn't good. Tales of Vesperia, the newest console "Tales of.." game to date had fixed this problem and features voiced skits in the NA version as well as the original JP version.
Old 2008-12-08, 00:00   Link #43
Kikuchi

The lack of voices was painful, but not game-breaking in any way. I can't understand why you'd pass such a game over this :/

Not to mention that it wasn't like in Symphonia, where EVERY DAMN VOICELESS LINE stayed 5 seconds on screen, in Abyss, the text actually had some "pacing" that made voiceless skits more than bearable.
Old 2008-12-08, 19:25   Link #44
xellos2099

The keyword here is the undub version.
Old 2008-12-09, 01:21   Link #45
yolin.shana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikuchi View Post
Awwww... I was really hoping they'd put the skit with the frozen belly confusion in today's episode, it was funny as hell in the game.

Unless the skit actually plays the second time the team goes to Ketelburg ? I'm not sure anymore.
This one?
It's the first time you go there, after sleeping in the hotel.
Old 2008-12-09, 03:55   Link #46
Kikuchi

Damn, so it won't be in the anime
Old 2008-12-09, 15:27   Link #47
Shift_

I'm hoping they make a more 'obvious' ending...although IMO it's obvious it's luke in the end (way he wears his sword (left handed), tear, etc)

PS...tales of the abyss is still IMO the best tails game...and one of the best RPGs I've played. Not to mention it's insanely long 70hr+ -_-; even more if you do ALL the side quests which add to the story. Although I haven't played Vesperia (no Xbox360) but I have played the new Tales of Symphonia...which was too short.
Old 2008-12-09, 19:52   Link #48
Asf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saki_chan View Post
the onomatopoeia used when someone pushes their glasses up, which doesn't exist in English, so...I guess they just threw in "nibble" instead.
Jade's line in Japanese is かぷっ, kapu, which is a sound for biting.

For example, look at the green text above the cats here: http://a-cats-yawn1986.seesaa.net/article/31378071.html

It's also the "Capu" in the title Rosario & Vampire Capu2, for vampire biting.

Here is also this exact question on Yahoo 知恵袋 in which a puzzled Japanese gamer asks, "what the heck did Jade do when he said かぷっ?" and receives the answer, "Bit his ear, I'd assume."
http://detail.chiebukuro.yahoo.co.jp...il/q1420384739

Dunno where people got the idea that it means something else (is there a website somewhere saying that?), but the official translation is correct.
Old 2008-12-10, 15:59   Link #49
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushi View Post
However all of this I watched was animated [not game graphics]... was there a movie before this or something? Or was this actually part of the game? [didn't really play the game]
Some significant cut scenes are in animated form.
Old 2008-12-13, 21:43   Link #50
[Sakuretsu]
(´・ω・)

The ending was horrible. No epiilogue , or what just happened after Eldrant.

I'm hoping that the anime would fix this.

^fixed

Last edited by [Sakuretsu]; 2008-12-14 at 15:37.
Old 2008-12-14, 03:48   Link #51
Peanutbutter

After watching Ep 12, I wondered how will Class I and Class M be introduced now...

After all, there's already Spinoza...
Old 2008-12-14, 04:02   Link #52
yolin.shana

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Sakuretsu] View Post
The ending was horrible. No prologue , or what just happened after Eldrant.

Uh, a prologue in an ending?

And why do we need to know what happened after Eldrant? I kinda like open endings, it leaves some place for our imagination.
Old 2008-12-14, 11:59   Link #53
lavarock
Busy wasting my time..:-(

The ending is actually one of the best I have found in rpgs. But I want the anime to have a conclusive ending.
Old 2008-12-14, 13:22   Link #54
vspirit
...huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Sakuretsu] View Post
The ending was horrible. No prologue , or what just happened after Eldrant.

Um, there was one. An epilogue, I mean (you did mean epilogue right?). That two years later thingy. Or at least I think it was two. My memory's pretty hazy since it has been awhile. But anyway, that was it. And common sense dictates that pieces were picked up, people are no longer living according to the score, Auldrant keeps on turning and life goes on. What more do you need? Any more than that and they might as well start with Tales of the Abyss 2.

(There's always fanfiction if you haven't had enough, you know.)
Old 2008-12-14, 15:37   Link #55
[Sakuretsu]
(´・ω・)

Yes. I meant to say 'Epilogue'. My apologies for that matter.

I knew already what happened to the commoners in that world.
I just only wanted to know the daily lives of the main casts after the events in Eldrant. It's like incomplete for me that's all.

Fanfiction? Imagination?

Hahaha, no.
Old 2008-12-15, 01:45   Link #56
vspirit
...huh?

...daily lives? I can't remember any game or work of fiction, for the matter, that goes on to say what the characters' daily lives are like after the conclusion has been reached. Some do mention what the characters went on to do after but daily lives? That'd mean the story would never end.

The story itself is a work of fiction, meaning it came from the imagination to begin with. So, I don't think you'd go wrong to use yours to figure out what their daily lives are like. =)
Old 2008-12-15, 04:03   Link #57
[Sakuretsu]
(´・ω・)

And this would be the closure to these pointless conversation. Meaning, you don't get what I am saying.

Quote:
The story itself is a work of fiction, meaning it came from the imagination to begin with. So, I don't think you'd go wrong to use yours to figure out what their daily lives are like.
I lol'd. And then I facepalmed.

Jesus Christ.
Old 2008-12-15, 06:31   Link #58
vspirit
...huh?

...I see. That's not what you're trying to say, huh. I suppose I just don't get what you're trying to articulate then, Mr./Ms. Prologue. I'm just that stupid, apparently. My apologies. =)

Back on topic, you'll only really feel the absence of voices in the skit after you've played the Japanese version. My first playthrough was the NA version and I didn't have a problem with the voiceless skits until I played through the Japanese version and went back to playing the NA one. I felt it pretty strongly then. ^^;

EDIT: So far, have any of the skits been brought into the animation? Because as far as I can recall, the answer's negative. But I might've missed them so I just want to make sure...

Last edited by vspirit; 2008-12-15 at 06:55.
Old 2008-12-15, 10:09   Link #59
yolin.shana

A lot of the skits have been animated. But more plot-oriented ones rather than funny ones (too bad, I wanted to see the Melon Skit ;_; )
Old 2008-12-15, 12:31   Link #60
vspirit
...huh?

Oh right...the transitional scenes that you don't get in the game. So that's where they got most of the script from. I tend to mix up the convos in plot-driven skits with the ones in the cutscenes. I suppose these skits make things easier for the animators as this way, they have less blanks to fill on their own. Haha, I really hope they'll put the underwater stroll convo in. It'd definitely be something I won't miss.
Closed Thread