AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-07-29, 01:43   Link #12281
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
The Child of Therion has many faces and many forms, and He is everywhere to be seen by those of us
Is this somewhat reminiscent of the Internet?
We are able to assume "alternate identities" and we can talk to people from thousands of miles away.

Intriguing.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-07-29, 06:55   Link #12282
Inept Forum User

Hmm. I wonder what the Angel of Death, Azrael, would look like. Do you think a To Aru depiction would have all the eyes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
We still have Index Archives 3 and 4, Index II Archives 1 and 2 and Railgun Archives 3 untranslated.
Duskyra posted some summaries for Index II Archives 1 and 2, and short ones for Index Archives 3-4, in the Merchandise thread not long ago.

Index Archive 3 involves Stiyl and Kanzaki spying on Index, and having to intervene when Index wanders away from Touma and gets into trouble. Archive 4 has Touma ending up in hospital again (seemingly flatlining briefly) due to the actions of Aisa and Index, while 10032 consults Mikoto on what she should do to thank him (settling on home-baked (badly burnt) cookies). Index II Archives 1 apparently has two runaways from the Anglican Church and a plot to summon Fallen Angel Lucifer (black wings crop up). Archives 2 has a welcome party for Agnese and her nuns (and everyone getting drunk).

Last edited by Inept Forum User; 2011-07-29 at 07:22.
Old 2011-07-29, 13:57   Link #12283
Miraluka
Banned

Aiwass' dimension is... the internet? wtf!

RSS2 Chapter 3 part 1.
Old 2011-07-29, 20:49   Link #12284
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inept Forum User View Post
Index II Archives 1 apparently has two runaways from the Anglican Church and a plot to summon Fallen Angel Lucifer (black wings crop up).
so there goes, Touma= lucifer host theory, huh.
Old 2011-07-29, 21:10   Link #12285
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
Since when are transformers from the Age of Horus

I'm serious, who in the fuck is Metatron? Megatron's long-lost gay half-brother?

SERIOUSLY WHAT KIND OF NAME IS THAT
.......Right....he's as big in Kabbalah as Michael in Christianity
Old 2011-07-29, 22:35   Link #12286
Miraluka
Banned

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...unSS2_Chapter3

Chapter 3 Parts 2&3 updated, for those interested there is some semi-nude scenes with Lancis and Mikoto.
Old 2011-07-29, 23:19   Link #12287
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quoting what I posted on 4chan:

Quote:
What happens is that pretty much everyone just changes it without my consent. To be honest, I really wanted to lock them all up.

Well, I'll edit them on my final run through the super-lock phase. In the meantime, please check through this page for details:

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...logy_Guideline

Btw, the only reason why I agreed with 'Croitsef' is because I don't know Russian, so I can't disagree with what the official romanization is. Please come up with whatever 'creative Russian' names you can think, and I'll put the best one in. Trolls shall be ignored.
Old 2011-07-30, 08:59   Link #12288
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
.......Right....he's as big in Kabbalah as Michael in Christianity
Not everyone is familiar with Kabbalah though, just as not everyone is familiar with particular sub-branches of Christianity.
Old 2011-07-30, 18:43   Link #12289
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Its like Carissa, normally that would be Calissa.
Old 2011-07-30, 18:45   Link #12290
Miraluka
Banned

Spoiler for Railgun SS2 Chapter 6 Illustration:

Yeah, this pics shows on a convenient way Lessar's attributes.
Old 2011-07-30, 18:52   Link #12291
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Honestly I have been dying to see a good adaptation of Metratron... just because that means God is pretty much trolling everyone since isn't even moving a finger.

Correct me if I am wrong but outside Samael the strongest angels in no order are

Gabriel
Metatron
Michael
Raguel
Raphael
Remiel
Uriel
Zerachiel

Under this ones are
Abdiel
Anael
Ariel
Azrael
Azbuga
Barachiel
Bath Qol
Camael
Dumah
Hashmal
Iofeol
Israfel
Jehoel
Kochibiel
Lucifer
Melchisedec
Nanthanael
Noriel
Nuriel
Penemue
Rahab
Raziel
Sandolphon
Shamshiel
Shekinah
Tagas
Uzziel
Vretil
Zadkiel
Zagzael
Zophiel

But also I want to see a army of Seraphs on their true form.
Old 2011-07-30, 18:57   Link #12292
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I was under the impression there were only four seraphims.

Look, I tried to do what you're doing a long time ago, but the truth is different sects have different idea on Angelology and who is an 'Archangel' and what are their titles and rankings. The only ones we know for sure are Michael and Gabriel. You can pretty much mix and match whoever else you want into whatever rankings. And to complicate matters even more- some of these names actually belong to the same Angel.
Old 2011-07-30, 18:59   Link #12293
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Ohhh no just the 8 first are archangels, the other are just angels :P I just naming the ones I am aware.
Old 2011-07-30, 19:10   Link #12294
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

The Archangels of Punishment

Kezef (angel of wrath and destruction)
Af (angel of anger and death of mortals)
Hemah (angel over the death of domestic animals)
Mashhit (angel over death of children)
Meshabber (angel over the death of animals)

The Angels of Punishment

Kushiel ("rigid one of God")
Lahatiel ("flaming one of God")
Shoftiel ("judge of God")
Makatiel ("plague of God")
Hutriel ("rod of God")
Pusiel or Puriel ("fire of God")
Rogziel ("wrath of God")

Archangel Ariel

An Archangel found primarily in Jewish and Christian mysticism and Apocrypha. Generally presented as an authority over the Earth and its elements, Ariel has also been called an angel of healing, wrath & creation.

Archangel Azrael

The Archangel of Death in some extrabiblical traditions. He is also the angel of death in Islamic theology. The name literally means Whom God Helps, an adaptation form of Hebrew.

Archangel Selaphiel

One of the seven archangels in Eastern Orthodox tradition, and in traditional folk Catholicism. When depicted in iconography by himself or with individual characteristics, he is shown in an attitude of humble prayer, with downcast eyes and arms crossed over his breast.

Archangel Jegudiel

One of the seven Archangels in Eastern Orthodox tradition. He is often depicted in iconography holding a crown and a three-thonged whip. Jeguidiel is the patron of all who work in some field of endeavor, and the crown he holds symbolizes the reward for successful spiritual labors.

Archangel Barachiel

One of the seven Archangels in Eastern Orthodox tradition. In the Third Book of Enoch he is described as one of the angelic princes, with a myriad of some 496,000 ministering angels attending him. He is counted as one of the four ruling seraphim, and counted the prince of the second heaven and of the order of confessors.

And many, many more- what is an Angel in one teaching, might be an Archangel in another... There's really no end in sight.
Old 2011-07-30, 19:13   Link #12295
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Well thats true, I was taking pretty much the clasic view of the book of Enoc and adding Metatron.

Still I want to see Seraphins on their true form fight (just for the lolz when people realize "that" is a angel).
Old 2011-07-30, 20:33   Link #12296
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't there seven archangels in some interpretations of the Heavenly Host?
Old 2011-07-30, 20:50   Link #12297
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't there seven archangels in some interpretations of the Heavenly Host?
In some?

Quote:
Within the rabbinic tradition, the Kabbalah, and the Book of Enoch chapter 20, and the Life of Adam and Eve, the usual number of archangels given is at least seven, who are the focal angels. Three higher archangels are also commonly referenced: Michael, Raphael, and Gabriel. There is confusion about one of the following eight names, concerning which one listed is not truly an archangel. They are: Uriel, Sariel, Raguel, and Remiel (possibly the Ramiel of the Apocalypse of Baruch, said to preside over true visions), Zadkiel, Jophiel, Haniel and Chamuel.[7] Medieval Jewish philosopher Maimonides made a Jewish angelic hierarchy.

Quote:
Eastern Orthodox Tradition mentions "thousands of archangels;[13] however, only seven archangels are venerated by name.[14] Uriel is included, and the other three are most often named Selaphiel, Jegudiel, and Barachiel (an eighth, Jeremiel, is sometimes included as archangel).

Quote:
Roman Catholic

In Roman Catholicism, three are honoured by name:

St. Michael (see above)
St. Gabriel
St. Raphael (Tobit 3:17, 12:15) (see below)

Pope St. Gregory the Great in a sermon[10] gave the names of the other four:

Uriel who is named in 2 Esdras,
Phanuel, (Orfiel, Ophaniel) &
Zarachiel (Saraqael) who were both named in the Book of Enoch
Simiel (Proclaimer of God).

Quote:
In anthroposophy, based on teachings by Rudolf Steiner, there are many spirits belonging to the hierarchical level of archangel. In general, their task is to inspire and guard large groups of human beings, such as whole nations, peoples or ethnic groups. This reflects their rank above the angels who deal with individuals (the guardian angel) or smaller groups.[27] In Steiner's view, the main seven archangels with the names given by Pope Saint Gregory I are Michael, Gabriel, Raphael, Uriel (or Anael), Simiel, Oriphiel and Zachariel[citation needed] have a special assignment to act as a global Zeitgeist ("time spirit" or, "spirit of the times/age"), each for periods of about 380 years.
Old 2011-07-30, 21:20   Link #12298
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
In some?
Show off.
Old 2011-07-31, 16:22   Link #12299
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Anyone got a site where i can get NT2 pre-ordered?
Old 2011-07-31, 16:35   Link #12300
Zakoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
Uups nothing, misunderstood the sentence.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen