AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2011-10-07, 12:22   Link #2921
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
What's it about?
Not sure. (´・ω・`)
I only care about Jin's pics.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 13:00   Link #2922
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Okay, I just finished Hoshizora no Memoria ...

I'm dumbfounded, really, what the heck did they think when creating Yume and Mea's route? I'm confused and speechless D:. Yume's route had a few real touching scenes, but overall? ...

Well, for that the sister's route was to my surprise quite touching. Heck, it made me (nearly) tear up twice I must have become a teary man thanks/due to the VNs.
Best route: Komomo! Despite the rather far-fetched good outcome at the end, it had no real "WTF" moment.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 15:37   Link #2923
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Happoubi Jin's newest work finally appears!
From Omegastar,  美少女万華鏡 (Chapter 1 <-- Eh?).
http://www.omega-star.jp/biman/

Can't wait to see the HCGs!
Hmmm, a vampire work eh? Well, I have played Bloody Rondo so I might give this a try. I like the character selection for info on the right it shows the average normal students, and the further you go left, the more you go into the undead characters.
Old 2011-10-08, 08:55   Link #2924
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Not sure. (´・ω・`)
I only care about Jin's pics.
Err....whatever floats your boat I guess

The chap 1 protag is lol though....lolicon music teacher in a girls' school...

But it seems interesting enough nonetheless. And the music is good....I hope.

Wonder if the chapters are linked and how...
Old 2011-10-10, 10:54   Link #2925
Soviet

Quote:
Err....whatever floats your boat I guess
Animated sex scenes with Happoubi Jin's art will be the only selling point anyway.

I kind of hoped that he'd stay with Atelier Kaguya though. Classy Cranberry was pretty neat.
Soviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 12:26   Link #2926
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
Animated sex scenes with Happoubi Jin's art will be the only selling point anyway.

I kind of hoped that he'd stay with Atelier Kaguya though. Classy Cranberry was pretty neat.
Ah, Aterlier Kaguya. The company with one of the most simple eroge story in order to "promote" the actual scenes .

And I nearly finished another VN, two days off are quite alluring in that regard. Anyway, this time VN "Yuyukana". Apparently a debute work. The art is nice, but it uses the drama standards I wish to not encounter due to the mystery/spiritual theme (yes, the ever famous Shintou shrine). Ironically, the mains work to obtain a "happy end" was based around the scenario, just with a different girl in focus. Obviously without studying the language, it made the experience the more diffiult to grasp X_X. Ako's route was quite harsh towrrds the end D:.
Old 2011-10-10, 13:23   Link #2927
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
Ah, Aterlier Kaguya. The company with one of the most simple eroge story in order to "promote" the actual scenes .

And I nearly finished another VN, two days off are quite alluring in that regard. Anyway, this time VN "Yuyukana". Apparently a debute work. The art is nice, but it uses the drama standards I wish to not encounter due to the mystery/spiritual theme (yes, the ever famous Shintou shrine). Ironically, the mains work to obtain a "happy end" was based around the scenario, just with a different girl in focus. Obviously without studying the language, it made the experience the more diffiult to grasp X_X. Ako's route was quite harsh towrrds the end D:.
I'm also reading Yuyukana. Went througth Kukune's and Ako's route so far.

Kukune's route was such a drag to the point I wanted to just skip everything and though it got interesting towards the end, the resolution was some cheap deux ex machina that leaded to an even cheaper end.

Ako's route in the other hand was slightly more enjoyable than Kukune's and less draggy and even though it included the same cheap deux ex machina the final result wasn't as bad.
johnishida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 13:43   Link #2928
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnishida View Post
I'm also reading Yuyukana. Went througth Kukune's and Ako's route so far.

Kukune's route was such a drag to the point I wanted to just skip everything and though it got interesting towards the end, the resolution was some cheap deux ex machina that leaded to an even cheaper end.

Ako's route in the other hand was slightly more enjoyable than Kukune's and less draggy and even though it included the same cheap deux ex machina the final result wasn't as bad.
Really? I was sorta looking forward to Kukune as the calm characters are usually quite likeable. I feel that the daily life interactions feel dragged out in general as in the non-couple moments.
The deus ex machina is apparently used on every route, then. It must be the VNs biggest flaw: The same method of resolving the drama, the same basic premise of background/flashback of Akito (varying only in the girl and the specific details).

At least, the "resolve making"-sound piece is quite nice + the shrine lady does - for me - an excellent job as a support character.
Old 2011-10-10, 16:09   Link #2929
com_gwp

So I'm interested in starting majikoi because I heard it's Little Busters!(Only other VN I ever played) + Fighting, which sounds like a potentially awesome combination.

My question to those who played it, how good is the humor? That was probably the best part of LB! and my main reason for playing it.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 05:59   Link #2930
Nihokon

The humor is at least one tier above LB with a large cast of 'funny' characters.
If you're looking for humor, Majikoi is a perfect choice.
Old 2011-10-11, 06:25   Link #2931
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
So you read Bishoujo Bankakyou yet?
Old 2011-10-11, 07:19   Link #2932
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Anyone know any titles like tears to tiaria or utawaremono? But has no rape in them!

It must not have rape in them!!
Old 2011-10-11, 12:07   Link #2933
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

Titles with fantasy or titles with gameplay?

If you want something with gameplay then Eien no Aselia is the game for you. The original version has rape but the improved version, which is the one translated has none. That's pretty much it unless you know japanese. Tenkuu no Yumina is coming ín english soon as well, I don't think it has any rape but I haven't read that one so I can't be sure.
Old 2011-10-11, 12:27   Link #2934
Soviet

Quote:
You mean Bishoujo Mangekyou.

No? It's just safe to assume that a VN by omega star with Happoubi Jin's art and animated sex scenes is going to deliver glorious fapping material. Story might be cool who knows, but the main appeal lies obviously in the delicious art.
Soviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 12:36   Link #2935
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
Quote:
Originally Posted by matty543 View Post
Anyone know any titles like tears to tiaria or utawaremono? But has no rape in them!

It must not have rape in them!!
If you are looking for gameplay, Kamitori Alchemy Meister is pretty fun. Unlike most (?) of Eushully's game this one has no rape. There is also Seinarukana -the spirit of the eternity sword- and Prism Ark is also a great choice though it may be hard to find since it was released back in 2006.
johnishida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 02:24   Link #2936
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Amusingly, I learned about that light novel a few days ago and I was like "Woah, a light novel illustrated by Jin?!" and went out and tried to search for the illustrations.
ONLY the illustrations. I didn't have any intention of reading the text, just wanted to see the pics.

I didn't find any though...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 05:06   Link #2937
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

thanks guys!!
Are any of them translated?
Old 2011-10-12, 06:03   Link #2938
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

Only Eien no Aselia right now. But several of the others are being worked on by translation groups.
Old 2011-10-12, 19:41   Link #2939
Rethice
Kingslayer

Send a message via AIM to Rethice Send a message via MSN to Rethice
Been playing a lot of Big Bang Age by Alicesoft the past couple of weeks.

My perfectionist syndrome made it take a long time to actually finish my first play through. Finished Kunagi route, enjoyed it. Doing Senna route now, but I'm focusing more of "clearing" as many characters all 5 stars as I can. Ijuuin's is difficult, and I'm struggling to fulfill the requirements to clear Ninjacaptor.

I fell in love with Sengoku Rance last year, hence why I'm playing Big Bang Age now. Wish I could find more translated Alicesoft stuff.
Old 2011-10-12, 20:32   Link #2940
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rethice View Post
Been playing a lot of Big Bang Age by Alicesoft the past couple of weeks.

My perfectionist syndrome made it take a long time to actually finish my first play through. Finished Kunagi route, enjoyed it. Doing Senna route now, but I'm focusing more of "clearing" as many characters all 5 stars as I can. Ijuuin's is difficult, and I'm struggling to fulfill the requirements to clear Ninjacaptor.

I fell in love with Sengoku Rance last year, hence why I'm playing Big Bang Age now. Wish I could find more translated Alicesoft stuff.
We have the same case here Got stuck playing Sengoku Rance on my first playthrough for more then 5 days by constantly repeating and making sure none of my characters die in any battles. While Big Bang Age was a major issue for my first playthrough simply because I didn't want to lose "any" characters especially those faceless people. Making sure I had a sufficient number of people to hold territories and such. The urge for translators to translate "Rance Quest" seems to be on the rage apparently. Although the VN itself is extremely time-lengthy I must say...... Took me about 4 days just to get Kenshin back to her original level....

Alicesoft games are quite addicting with their gameplay elements, but I found other translated gameplay VNs to be quite as interesting as well.

Last edited by Hooves; 2011-10-12 at 21:13.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel