AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 99 72.79%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 27 19.85%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 4.41%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 1.47%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.74%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.74%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-07-20, 07:30   Link #81
Traece
:cool:

Excellent. Quite excellent indeed. What a pleasure it was to watch this episode! This is one of those few times where I was enjoying the episode so much that I didn't even take the time to complain about any issues I saw because I didn't want to stop watching it. That video that was posted earlier of what would appear to be this same fight from Index really does show what an amazing contrast there is here. I'm not surprised that people have been wishing for an Index remake if that's how different they are.

Though I said I couldn't find myself pausing to complain, there was one thing that was enough to warrant it. Accelerator has spent all this time being Accelerator and manipulating vectors and all sorts of other questionable things, but he never once looked at the air and went: "Hm. Molecules moving around... WAIT A SECOND!" I find that absolutely beyond legitimate. The very description of his power, that he can control vectors, implies by itself that he can control everything. He figured out that he can reverse blood flow before realizing he can move air? Come now. What a silly notion.
Old 2013-07-20, 07:43   Link #82
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Simply put, he never had a reason to try.

That's what all this experiments has been about isn't it? To get him to use his powers in more ways to further his development.

Plus this isn't simple air flow manipulation- This is plasma creation.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 07:45   Link #83
garbage

well as they say the closer things are the harder it is to see... I guess like any human he just took it for granted, those so called "common sense " things

thing is Accelerator is so OP that he has never really been tested enough for him to exert the least amount of effort to notice things around him... until now. There really is no such thing as common sense...
Old 2013-07-20, 07:58   Link #84
hamazura
whatever

if accel calculation is equal to particle level, that means he can use railgun and meltdowner power? -_-
and he can rip-off rasengan and chidori then fuse them if he want -_-
Old 2013-07-20, 08:00   Link #85
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Simply put, he never had a reason to try.

That's what all this experiments has been about isn't it? To get him to use his powers in more ways to further his development.

Plus this isn't simple air flow manipulation- This is plasma creation.
Plasma I can understand. The idea to turn the atmosphere above Academy City into plasma is pretty beyond any sane or rational thinking, and honestly I think that idea was less believable than him never having tried to control air. It's funny that I say that it's less believable though, because I didn't bat an eyelash at that. Sort of a: "Wha- Sure. OK. It's interesting, so I'm cool with this," reaction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by garbage View Post
well as they say the closer things are the harder it is to see... I guess like any human he just took it for granted, those so called "common sense " things

thing is Accelerator is so OP that he has never really been tested enough for him to exert the least amount of effort to notice things around him... until now. There really is no such thing as common sense...
That's not really a great argument though. When you've attained a power, what's the first thing you do? Play with it. No sane player gets shouts in Skyrim and doesn't test at least the first one out to see what it does. Especially since they're trying to make Accelerator more and more powerful here, the idea that he's never once considered air as a possibility for manipulation is beyond reason.

Plus, Academy City is powered by wind. There are wind turbines every which way. You can't look without seeing constant reminders that there's air. So basically the idea is that Accelerator never once felt a gust of wind whilst learning his powers and said to himself: "Hm. Wind. I wonder if I can- yup. I can control that too." He lives and breathes on air as does everyone else. Pretty much the whole of life and human existence is owed to air. It's a stretch.
Old 2013-07-20, 08:16   Link #86
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Phenomenal stuff. I was kinda disappointed that we didn't get the hand slapping scene because I actually loved that moment in Index but that was still a terrific fight. I think the best thing about this is that Touma actually does sort of lose in the end and needs the Misaka's to bail him out. This is fundamental because for me there'll always be that annoyance at how much of a cop out Touma's power is. 14 episodes of some sometimes heart wrenching development was dangerously close to being made a mockery in just a single episode, but thankfully Nagai's brilliant execution has allowed the character development of Misaka and sisters to overshadow that, whilst still making Touma's fight with Accelerator griping.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 08:22   Link #87
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Phenomenal stuff. I was kinda disappointed that we didn't get the hand slapping scene because I actually loved that moment in Index but that was still a terrific fight. I think the best thing about this is that Touma actually does sort of lose in the end and needs the Misaka's to bail him out. This is fundamental because for me there'll always be that annoyance at how much of a cop out Touma's power is. 14 episodes of some sometimes heart wrenching development was dangerously close to being made a mockery in just a single episode, but thankfully Nagai's brilliant execution has allowed the character development of Misaka and sisters to overshadow that, whilst still making Touma's fight with Accelerator griping.
Wasn't this is the original as well? Granted it's more 'emotional' and dragged out here but it was still in every version.
Old 2013-07-20, 08:22   Link #88
eiyuu99

The idea is Accelerator sets his OP "deflection shield" on him too long. He even deflects off UV rays.
eiyuu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 08:26   Link #89
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Wasn't this is the original as well? Granted it's more 'emotional' and dragged out here but it was still in every version.
Yes but Index doesn't have the focus on Misaka and Sisters to make that look relevant. For me Index still makes it look like it's Touma's fight whilst Railgun managed to make it look like it's the Sister's development that's more crucial.
Old 2013-07-20, 08:30   Link #90
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Yes but Index doesn't have the focus on Misaka and Sisters to make that look relevant. For me Index still makes it look like it's Touma's fight whilst Railgun managed to make it look like it's the Sister's development that's more crucial.
But regardless on where the focus was Mikoto and the clones still helped out.

That's why I'm confused as to why a number of people in the earlier episode threads were complaining that Kamijou would settled everything by himself. Due to the strict spoiler policies I couldn't say anything at that time, but clearly they had to have seen the Index Anime, so they must have known about this.
Old 2013-07-20, 08:57   Link #91
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Well okay, but just so you know, I never said that.
Old 2013-07-20, 09:19   Link #92
Shinhwa
Banned

I just realized this episode covered nearly 2 chapters of the manga except about 0.5 part of it was already shown in Episode 13.
Shinhwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 09:41   Link #93
Lulu Vie Britania
Genderless telepath

Spoiler for Comparison to the novel:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-07-20 at 18:32.
Lulu Vie Britania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 09:59   Link #94
Polarpew
Bash'a no falor talah

Send a message via AIM to Polarpew
hot damn, the animation quality. Its like watching a high budget japanese anime movie. Last scene when touma twitched his fingers reminds me of Ichigo in bleach right before he went full hollow
Old 2013-07-20, 10:11   Link #95
Suryce

Quote:
But regardless on where the focus was Mikoto and the clones still helped out.

That's why I'm confused as to why a number of people in the earlier episode threads were complaining that Kamijou would settled everything by himself. Due to the strict spoiler policies I couldn't say anything at that time, but clearly they had to have seen the Index Anime, so they must have known about this.

These are the words that convince Misaka Imouto to act, not "your lives are worth saving" or "Goddamn it, I have suffered enough for you, do it for me at least!".
It's not so much about who did how much work, it's about character development. Once Touma enters the fray, everything is about him, which doesn't work well with the rest of the arc which is about Mikoto and the Sisters.
Suryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 10:21   Link #96
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kache View Post
Except for the fact that this would have been more interesting if Touma's power wasn't just limited at his right hand, but created a field of ESP cancel around his whole body, or even bigger.
Unlike #3 the number 1 esper has guessed something is wrong with Touma's right hand, something is of about it, thus, how high are the chances that his power even belongs to the ESP category?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu Vie Britania View Post
Spoiler for Comparison to the novel:
Spoiler for Reply to comparison:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-07-20 at 18:33.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 10:49   Link #97
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

This ep is PERFECT...THat scene of Misaka and her Imouto....perfectly recreated from the manga. YES OH YESSSS
Old 2013-07-20, 11:12   Link #98
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suryce View Post

These are the words that convince Misaka Imouto to act, not "your lives are worth saving" or "Goddamn it, I have suffered enough for you, do it for me at least!".
It's not so much about who did how much work, it's about character development. Once Touma enters the fray, everything is about him, which doesn't work well with the rest of the arc which is about Mikoto and the Sisters.
Who is the one who treated the clones like humans? Touma. Who is the one who talked to them like they were normal? Touma. Who spent an ENTIRE EPISODE DOING SO TO AWAKE THEIR EMOTIONS? Touma. I also clearly pointed it before, but whatever.

It just so happens you are wrong, but whatever. Wait a week and I guess we will find out. During this episode Mikoto said: "I have to face my fears" to the cat. It is clear that she wanted to settle things with the sisters. Sure. But Touma isn't the point here.

If you think it's all about Touma you're completely missing the point. This part of the arc is not about Touma. It's about Touma making Mikoto realize she can't do everything herself and rely on others like her clones. This is showing how she is getting back to the person she was after season 1, where she depended on other people. It was her realizing that she couldn't do everything herself and that others could which made her the Railgun last season at the very end. She is finally there once again. She did everything alone this arc. This is the first time she has worked with someone else. The point is she didn't let Touma do it alone. She then was going to finish it alone. But then, she decided to work with her clones. Facing her fears, working as a team, she grew immensely as a person this episode.

Maybe Touma is having a large focus now, but I mean really its his actual debut like Chaos said this season. Him punching Accel is the real/true Touma. It's the first time we see "him" in all of raildex anime I say. Anyway, the point is that Touma is doing something unbelievable for Mikoto. Now Mikoto is realizing that he meant what he said about her and she feels strange because of it. It isn't about Touma. It's about how Touma is affecting Mikoto. Also, Touma is kind of a main character. Accelerator is also a main character. Mikoto is not the only important character in railgun. All of the stars have their own foci (focuses)... you can't say one of them deserves more attention than the others. It's like people complaining about seeing too much Accelerator. That is a ridiculous statement: this arc is about the hero, the villain, and the idiot

Expect a super long episode review to follow. I've already seen it 12 times (while doing others things) and times watched are still increasing

Last edited by dniv; 2013-07-20 at 11:34.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 11:14   Link #99
mark1246

After reading 5 pages of comment, here the general impression im getting.

People who a Lot of mix feeling about this epsiode saying it "SO HYPE" and the other "...it okay". This fall under the realm of "Quality over quanity". If we compare this fight to the 2008 Version, even i have to admit, that version Had a lot more of Touma Puching the Crap out of Acellerator then in Railgun S. But when you look back at it, that quality was okay but wan't the best (just to be fair, that was in 2008 and a new I.P., so over the course of year and the popularity of the franchise, of course Railgun S would be good in the Visual Department)

I can tell that people that were complaining about the shortage of the fight, were the one that did not read the manga version of Railgun. All the fighitng shot from the anime (plus some extra fight scene) where all taken from the Manga frame by frame. So sorry that it not the fight all you were expecting for, But overall i really enjoy the episode and adress serval issue i had with the past version,

Like where the hell did Misaka come from/ Answer: she running toward the fighting and stand by the fence, standing by
mark1246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 11:17   Link #100
Lulu Vie Britania
Genderless telepath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Spoiler for Reply to comparison:
Spoiler for Comparison to the manga:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-07-20 at 18:35.
Lulu Vie Britania is offline   Reply With Quote