AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2014-10-14, 13:33   Link #1
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Survival

I'm looking for manga or anime about survival.

Some good examples are series like Gantz, Battle Royale, Bokurano, Liar Game, Mirai Nikki, Dragon Head and Attack on Titan.

I'm pretty sure I have seen more but nothing else comes to mind at the moment, so if anyone can recommend me similar manga/anime about survival it would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Old 2014-10-14, 16:49   Link #2
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Eden no Ori (Cage of Eden) - Highschool class is on the way back from a school trip overseas. But then the plane they are on crashes on an uninhabited island. On the plane are also other people, and by some kind of miracle almost all passengers survived... FOR NOW.
--- Type: Manga, Status: Complete with 185 chapters (ending was a bit rushed, but the story is definitly worth a read anyway)
Old 2014-10-14, 18:22   Link #3
Jaden

Jyu Oh Sei - Sci-fi story where the teen protagonists lose their family and get dumped onto a prison planet with a hostile environment and a cutthroat society. Manga is solid, anime is also okay but somewhat suffers from being stuffed into 11 episodes.

Btooom! - Basically BR, except the people are armed with various types of bombs instead of random weapons. Manga is ongoing, but all I've seen is the 12 episode anime, which was alright.
Old 2014-10-15, 02:34   Link #4
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
Eden no Ori (Cage of Eden) - Highschool class is on the way back from a school trip overseas. But then the plane they are on crashes on an uninhabited island. On the plane are also other people, and by some kind of miracle almost all passengers survived... FOR NOW.
--- Type: Manga, Status: Complete with 185 chapters (ending was a bit rushed, but the story is definitly worth a read anyway)
I started reading this a while back but I forgot about it for some reason. I'll give it another shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
Jyu Oh Sei - Sci-fi story where the teen protagonists lose their family and get dumped onto a prison planet with a hostile environment and a cutthroat society. Manga is solid, anime is also okay but somewhat suffers from being stuffed into 11 episodes.

Btooom! - Basically BR, except the people are armed with various types of bombs instead of random weapons. Manga is ongoing, but all I've seen is the 12 episode anime, which was alright.
Jyu Oh Sei sounds interesting so I'm definitely gonna watch it, and I actually added Btooom! to my reading list just a few minutes before I read this post! Thanks!
Old 2014-10-16, 10:35   Link #5
CeDeR
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to CeDeR Send a message via AIM to CeDeR Send a message via Yahoo to CeDeR
Of the top of my head...

Anime:
Infinite Ryvius
Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
High school of the dead
King of thorn
Uninhabited Planet Survive
Terraformars
Spirit of the sun
Blue Gender

Manga:
7 seeds
51 ways to save her
Green Worldz
Biomeat
Metro Survive
Aphorism
Jisatsutou
Suicide Island
Let's Lagoon
Dragon Head
Drifting Classroom
The Drifting Classroom
Gyo
La Mosca
CeDeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-24, 19:26   Link #6
Zoltor

Moribio Guardian of the Spirit
Overview/review: http://www.anime-forums.com/showthre...-of-the-Spirit

and

Guin Saga
Overview/review: http://www.anime-forums.com/showthre...in-Saga-Review

Those should fill your need, especially Guin Saga, since they are constantly finding them selves in trouble, that they need to get out of, while at the same time, being on the run from a enemy nation(where in moribito, there's only one enemy, and there are times when they can relax).
Zoltor is offline   Reply With Quote