Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-08-06, 17:39   Link #201
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
If you're talking sales drop, wouldn't that be the loss of the GBA slot?
Oh no lol sorry, I was talking about the mAh of the battery. I heard the DSi is about 200mAh lower than the DS Lite.

I know I need sleep. Been trying to change the language on an HD2

And I still love to play those GBA games. If only for the "lol" factor concerning how a franchise changed so much (I personally having gone through all the Pokemon games >_>). There's also one reason why I still use the GBA SP from time to time: Original Gameboy games
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-16, 11:52   Link #202
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

I can't wait, I never traded in my original DS for a DSi but this one actually seems worth the trade being that it is backwards compatible plus Oot 3D
Old 2010-09-16, 14:24   Link #203
Mute
エアコンを止めろ!
*Artist

Send a message via AIM to Mute
DJ Hero 3D? Oh lawdy.

My little sister wants this DS, even though she already has the DSiXL, she wants this one more. So I'll probably have one of these floating around my house when it comes out.
Mute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-22, 09:55   Link #204
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

News .

3DS hardware leaked :

Quote:
Nintendo 3DS will pack not one, but two 266MHz ARM11 CPUs, along with a 133MHz GPU, 4MBs of dedicated VRAM, 64MBs of RAM, and 1.5GBs of flash storage.
Quote:
While we were unable to determine which variation of the ARM11 processors the 3DS will feature, we now have a better sense of the system's capabilities. Currently there are a number of devices being powered by the ARM11, including the Zune HD, a variety of Android smartphones, and prior to the introduction of Apple's A4 processor, the iPhone and iPod touch.

As we learned in June, the 3DS' GPU has been named DMP's PICA200, which features a maximum processing speed of roughly 200MHz, though it seems Nintendo is scaling it back a bit for use in the 3DS. Numerous developers working on software for the platform have likened its graphical capabilities to current-generation consoles like the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, albeit on smaller, lower-resolution screens.

The handheld will also have substantially larger storage capacity than preceding models, jumping from only 256MBs on the DSi to 1.5GBs of flash memory on the 3DS. The total drive space can, of course, be expanded using the 3DS' SD card slot
Holy Sh*t !!! Now wait for Nintendo confirmation and the "Price" . I guess it'll be more than 199,9$
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-22, 23:34   Link #205
wingman32x

Holy Crap, that's impressive. My guess is $250-300.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-23, 02:01   Link #206
Angelic Cross
Soul-eating Librarian

Eh, even with these specs, I think Nintendo will stay with the same price point they've sold their handhelds with at launch. I wouldn't be surprised if they finagled some way to be able to sell it at $199.99.
Angelic Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-23, 09:26   Link #207
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Even if they sold it at a loss, the eventual mountain-slide of sales would even the price amirite?
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-23, 09:34   Link #208
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Well maybe i'll rent it . Depends on the price & what the console can give us .
Old 2010-09-23, 12:29   Link #209
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttdestroy View Post
Even if they sold it at a loss, the eventual mountain-slide of sales would even the price amirite?
But Nintendo NEVER sell at a loss. That's the major reason they are not in a tech arms race like Microsoft and Sony. It's pointed out that the leaked 3DS hardware is not as advanced as it could have been. But that allows them to make a more reliable, affordable, and battery power-conserving game machine. Nintendo knows where to draw the line in terms of what is a reasonable product.
Old 2010-09-24, 11:48   Link #210
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Little News about KH 3DS .

Quote:
It'll take place after KH Re:coded's events & add some achievements which will unlock for example a secret video .
The game's title is temporary , it might changes later on .
Old 2010-09-24, 20:20   Link #211
legonut3
I BELIEVE IN HERVEY DENT!

does anyone know if it will have the ability to emulate n64 games? I know the DSi can't because the processor is not large enough, but if someone did make a n64 emulator, could it?

Do you stain you hands with evil to destroy evil, or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to the evil? - Code Geass
legonut3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-24, 20:34   Link #212
Angelic Cross
Soul-eating Librarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
But Nintendo NEVER sell at a loss. That's the major reason they are not in a tech arms race like Microsoft and Sony. It's pointed out that the leaked 3DS hardware is not as advanced as it could have been. But that allows them to make a more reliable, affordable, and battery power-conserving game machine. Nintendo knows where to draw the line in terms of what is a reasonable product.
Well, technically the Cube was sold at a very slight loss (I think there was a quote way back in the GC's launch from a Nintendo rep about it), but it was negligible enough that it didn't really matter. Otherwise, you're correct about Nintendo balancing tech, affordability, battery, and reliability.

Personally, I think that if, like with the Wii, retailers pressure Nintendo into launching the 3DS at $250 or higher, they'll probably throw in a pack-in game, as they did with Wii Sports.
Angelic Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 00:21   Link #213
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by legonut3 View Post
does anyone know if it will have the ability to emulate n64 games? I know the DSi can't because the processor is not large enough, but if someone did make a n64 emulator, could it?
There is already several N64 remakes scheduled for 3DS. Whether you could downright emulate N64 is another question. Emulation takes more processing power than running something directly.
Old 2010-09-25, 00:28   Link #214
wingman32x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
There is already several N64 remakes scheduled for 3DS. Whether you could downright emulate N64 is another question. Emulation takes more processing power than running something directly.
Not to mention the control issues N64 emulation is bound to present. Based on the current design of the 3DS, I can't picture a comfortable control layout that uses all the N64 buttons. With the remakes, you have the benifit of touch screen controls.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 14:36   Link #215
legonut3
I BELIEVE IN HERVEY DENT!

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman32x View Post
Not to mention the control issues N64 emulation is bound to present. Based on the current design of the 3DS, I can't picture a comfortable control layout that uses all the N64 buttons. With the remakes, you have the benifit of touch screen controls.
Yes, you would have trouble with z, but games like SSB are possible with the DS controls. Thats all i was planning on playing. If the do make a 3DS Super Smash Bro's i would have to reserve 100 copies.

Do you stain you hands with evil to destroy evil, or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to the evil? - Code Geass
legonut3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 15:09   Link #216
TheRealTRXD
Not making an impression

Holy crap! The graphics are current generation?!?

Maybe this will finally force pokemon into modern graphics
TheRealTRXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 15:14   Link #217
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealTRXD View Post
Holy crap! The graphics are current generation?!?

Maybe this will finally force pokemon into modern graphics
Why do you think they forced out gen5 on the DS(i) instead of creating it for the 3ds? They must resist change when at all possible!
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 15:26   Link #218
TheRealTRXD
Not making an impression

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Why do you think they forced out gen5 on the DS(i) instead of creating it for the 3ds? They must resist change when at all possible!
They cant run forever
Old 2010-09-25, 15:47   Link #219
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealTRXD View Post
They cant run forever
They can run for another 4 years or so. They can just use the excuse that releasing "part 2" (ie: Emerald, FR/LG, Platinum, HGSS) on the next gen system wouldn't be compatible, thus having to wait for Gen VI.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 16:02   Link #220
TheRealTRXD
Not making an impression

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
They can run for another 4 years or so. They can just use the excuse that releasing "part 2" (ie: Emerald, FR/LG, Platinum, HGSS) on the next gen system wouldn't be compatible, thus having to wait for Gen VI.
Yeah I guess your right, although I'm sure there will be at least some Pokemon games on the 3DS before long, even if they're not main ones. I doubt nintendo would want to such a huge platform release to go without their second best selling franchise. Maybe it will be more of that mystery dungeon stuff? Though I have never played those.

On a seperate note, Im a fifteen year old soon going to live at a residential college, I don't actually have any portable gaming systems yet so I'm thinking of getting a DS platform but how much is this thing going to cost? I could wait for it to be released but if its going to be like 300 english pounds then I just don't want to spend that much, I'm already going to be so broke I'll be eating pot noodles every night, I might just get a DSi.

Tags
3ds, dsi, nintendo, nintendo 3ds, nintendo ds