AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-02-07, 19:47   Link #921
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

^
I'll drop the topic for now since I've said all I've needed to say.

btw, you should edit your posts rather than double posting That sort of thing is kinda frown upon here; especially when the thread is still very much active.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-07, 19:51   Link #922
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Just be glad we didn't see any yandere face on Midori when she left.

We only see this.
Spoiler for Midori :p:

Also these are kids, they're growing up and still need to learn things. It's part of adulthood to make mistakes and be forgiven. That's why I found the Midori vs Mochizou scene very entertaining.

Man Iam old....
Old 2013-02-07, 19:52   Link #923
homurabu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquifina View Post
I really don't think Mochizou normally acts as flustered with Tamako as he does in this ep. He even teases Tamako a bit when she's yelling slogans to sell mochi, and it's clear they were close when they were younger (and when he wasn't so self-conscious). He's obviously helped her with swimming in the past, and he's familiar with the potential downsides to her general airheadedness--even though he probably finds it more endearing than anything else. The Mochizou we saw filming the commercial strikes me as more his "normal" self. As Dera puts it, his heart is boiling over from the season, and he's a bit overwhelmed.

While I normally dislike indecisive male characters in anime, I'll cut Mochizou some slack here. It seems fairly certain his confession would probably go nowhere at this point; Tamako would probably be mystified by it. I don't think it would really cause any sort of serious problem; it wouldn't be like a rejection, and they would still be friends, but it would be a lot of unnecessary awkwardness (mostly for him). Conceding defeat to Midori so easily is harder to excuse, but the reality is she has the advantage of being one of Tamako's female friends, making their regular interaction less socially awkward (however one wants to interpret the real meaning of Midori's feelings). Like other posters, I think some commentators are using too much of a western lens that emphasizes decisiveness in these sorts of situations.

This series obviously wants to avoid real romantic conflict, and the open ending with Midori and Mochizou coming to an understanding with each other, but maintaining the status quo with Tamako seemed to strike the right tone. I wouldn't be surprised if that's how the series ends, but I do want to see another episode where we see Mochizou as less a lovestruck and shy teenage boy, but someone with dreams and goals of his own.
yeah. i guess this episode he kinda got overboard with his feelings. and i too never like the indecisive male characters in anime. Tamako and him are close friends, heck their house is right across from each other's, so i kinda expect him to be less flustered around her. they should really show more of the not-so-lovestuck Mochizou.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Just be glad we didn't see any yandere face on Midori when she left.

We only see this.
Spoiler for Midori :p:

Also these are kids, they're growing up and still need to learn things. It's part of adulthood to make mistakes and be forgiven. That's why I found the Midori vs Mochizou scene very entertaining.

Man Iam old....
the scene where they were fighting over who knows Tamako better was funny. it's just so childish haha.

and that screencap god she is so cute

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2013-02-08 at 02:23. Reason: Please use the "edit" button to add content to your post instead of double posting.
homurabu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-07, 19:56   Link #924
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by homurabu View Post
yeah. i can see both Midori and Mochizou's feelings will never really reach the dense Tamako and they'll all be friends in the end. but hey, that's the slice of life genre for you.

i'm looking forward to episode 6. the people at Tamako's shopping district are always so lovely, and because i see that the girl from's Dera's country is coming.
Agreed

Like said, Tamako is dense and innocent at the same time. They're all friends, but not yet reaching that level of "love", they're young they still got their full lives ahead of them so no need to worry about that for now.

Ep.6 if that girl from Derra's country came and suddenly became attached to Mochizou, then we have something interesting. Only if that happens.
Old 2013-02-07, 20:02   Link #925
homurabu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
^
I'll drop the topic for now since I've said all I've needed to say.

btw, you should edit your posts rather than double posting That sort of thing is kinda frown upon here; especially when the thread is still very much active.
oh i'm sorry. still new to using forum sites like this. excuse me everyone

Quote:
Agreed

Like said, Tamako is dense and innocent at the same time. They're all friends, but not yet reaching that level of "love", they're young they still got their full lives ahead of them so no need to worry about that for now.

Ep.6 if that girl from Derra's country came and suddenly became attached to Mochizou, then we have something interesting. Only if that happens.
agree.

it'd be funny if she show some interest in Tamako, then Tamako will be a dense girl with a harem haha. i don't want it to go that route, though. never like the genre anyways.

Last edited by homurabu; 2013-02-07 at 20:34.
Old 2013-02-07, 20:53   Link #926
Aquifina

Quote:
yeah. i guess this episode he kinda got overboard with his feelings. and i too never like the indecisive male characters in anime. Tamako and him are close friends, heck their house is right across from each other's, so i kinda expect him to be less flustered around her. they should really show more of the not-so-lovestuck Mochizou.
His best moment in this ep. was when he told Tamako to do her best, when it was clear she was worried about the swimming. And doesn't he wave to her to encourage her when she hits the halfway point?. Where it counted the most, he was encouraging in a steady and sensible sort of way that would be a good fit for Tamako's high-spirited obliviousness. He's at his best when Tamako actually needs help with something, as was the case with the commercial filming. When it's just a question of spending time with her, he becomes overwhelmed by his own feelings. I think Midori realizes some of this by the end, which is one of the reasons she warms up to him.
Aquifina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-07, 21:13   Link #927
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
agree.

it'd be funny if she show some interest in Tamako, then Tamako will be a dense girl with a harem haha. i don't want it to go that route, though. never like the genre anyways.
I would be interesting in both accounts which ever she goes for Tamako or Mochizou or one of the other girls and elder people.

Best episode so far from Tamako Market imho. I just want to see what is in store next for us.
Old 2013-02-07, 23:16   Link #928
homurabu

Quote:
His best moment in this ep. was when he told Tamako to do her best, when it was clear she was worried about the swimming. And doesn't he wave to her to encourage her when she hits the halfway point?. Where it counted the most, he was encouraging in a steady and sensible sort of way that would be a good fit for Tamako's high-spirited obliviousness. He's at his best when Tamako actually needs help with something, as was the case with the commercial filming. When it's just a question of spending time with her, he becomes overwhelmed by his own feelings. I think Midori realizes some of this by the end, which is one of the reasons she warms up to him.
agree. i hope to see more of that Mochizou in future episodes. he's at his best when he's being himself and be nice to everyone. and it's nice that Midori and him are cool with each other now.

anyways, can't wait for the next episode. looks like fun!

Last edited by homurabu; 2013-02-07 at 23:30.
Old 2013-02-08, 03:47   Link #929
garbage

late late...
is it so bad that all I was thinking at the end of the episode is > if Mochizou plays his cards right he'll have his 4 girl harem right there ^^

but yeah I still do like Midori but yeah she went down a bit in my eyes this episode, still she's young and they seem to reach an agreement at the end (but it felt kinda awkward really). Tamako's Dai-suki IMHO is nothing more than a friend thing and yeah Midori knows it too. Mochizou though still the same as always, i'll cut him some slack this episode cause it seems he's just agonizing and trying to hard, and getting affected by "the need to confess" instead of just letting it flow out naturally. Still noting beats that paper phone connection ^^ it's always there, he's always there giving tamako encouragement.
Old 2013-02-08, 07:20   Link #930
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

I'm thankful this situation didn't occur:

Images
Anko
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Images
Shiori

...and for those of you who have the Animal Crossing game for the 3DS, a nice person on Pixiv shared these QR codes to clothe your character in Tamako Market-related fashion:
Images
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=manga&illust_id=33416293
Old 2013-02-08, 07:46   Link #931
Hyper
Irregular Hunter

While I enjoy last two episode more, this one was also quite nice.

I'm behind Mochizou on this one. He felt about right for someone falling for his childhood friend. He has a special relationship with Tamako but that's not romatic. He knows it, but he also treasures it. He's not ready to bet everything on a single confession just yet.

Quote:
Conceding defeat to Midori so easily is harder to excuse, but the reality is she has the advantage of being one of Tamako's female friends, making their regular interaction less socially awkward (however one wants to interpret the real meaning of Midori's feelings).
I viewed that one slightly different. He didn't give up being around Tamako that time so that Midori got her chance with Tamako, but because he wasn't welcomed by her as part of the group. He viewed all four as a group of female friends, and he wasn't going to intrude when at least one of them didn't want him to. In the last scene he still declined when Midori invited him. Only when Tamako invited him too that he agreed to go.

Well, basically, I see him as a nice guy. Unfortunately, that means he probably won't get girls.
Hyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 09:09   Link #932
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

If I had a dollar for every time I was in a situation similar to Mochizou I'd be... well a few dollars richer.

And yes, I'm one of the people who are still deluded in thinking that nice guys don't always have to finish last.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 11:36   Link #933
OkamiNoKaze

Not really feeling the summer uniforms that much. Kanna continues to impress me. Also I hope Shiori's hair Pocki isn't real, that could be a mess in the summer time
Old 2013-02-08, 19:17   Link #934
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Old 2013-02-08, 19:39   Link #935
Harunny

Harunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 19:48   Link #936
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper View Post
I'm behind Mochizou on this one. He felt about right for someone falling for his childhood friend. He has a special relationship with Tamako but that's not romatic. He knows it, but he also treasures it. He's not ready to bet everything on a single confession just yet.

I viewed that one slightly different. He didn't give up being around Tamako that time so that Midori got her chance with Tamako, but because he wasn't welcomed by her as part of the group. He viewed all four as a group of female friends, and he wasn't going to intrude when at least one of them didn't want him to. In the last scene he still declined when Midori invited him. Only when Tamako invited him too that he agreed to go.

Well, basically, I see him as a nice guy. Unfortunately, that means he probably won't get girls.
Pro:

That is the good points on Mochizou for me. He displayed his maturity and became a gentleman. He knows he's not wanted, so why bother the girls.

Con:

This depicts him again as your regular typical nice guy in a slice of life show.

I expect more from him later on.

Vice Versa with Midori, she actually allows him later on to talk to Tamako. I like how both these two are developing in the series, they compliment each other nicely, I'll be shock if Midori and Mochizou end up together though.

Edit:

WTF?!

Last edited by kenjiharima; 2013-02-08 at 20:40.
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 20:42   Link #937
Aquifina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper View Post

Hmmm.. I do think that's probably a better way to interpret the sequence--and more in line with Japanese manners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
If I had a dollar for every time I was in a situation similar to Mochizou I'd be... well a few dollars richer.

And yes, I'm one of the people who are still deluded in thinking that nice guys don't always have to finish last.
Quote:
Pro:
This depicts him again as your regular typical nice guy in a slice of life show.
Seriously, in real life, and I speak hear with the experience of middle age, nice guys do alright with girls in the long term--if we define nice as meaning a generally pleasant demeanor combined with a working moral sense. Especially if that nice-ness is paired with any kind of talent, as I think is hinted with Mochizou during the commercial filming episode. Now, in *American* high schools that might not be the case (I really don't have a clue as to how *real* Japanese high schools work), but things usually do work out later on. Especially when it comes to girls like Tamako, who I can't imagine ever being attracted to more disreputable character types.
Aquifina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 21:55   Link #938
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Seriously, in real life, and I speak hear with the experience of middle age, nice guys do alright with girls in the long term--if we define nice as meaning a generally pleasant demeanor combined with a working moral sense. Especially if that nice-ness is paired with any kind of talent, as I think is hinted with Mochizou during the commercial filming episode. Now, in *American* high schools that might not be the case (I really don't have a clue as to how *real* Japanese high schools work), but things usually do work out later on. Especially when it comes to girls like Tamako, who I can't imagine ever being attracted to more disreputable character types.
He's just your average nice kid next door.
Old 2013-02-08, 22:04   Link #939
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
He's just your average nice kid next door.
Which is perfect for Tamako, who is your average nice girl next door

Minus a talking bird

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2013-02-08 at 22:33.
Old 2013-02-09, 04:06   Link #940
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, seinen