AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-02-24, 02:02   Link #1
Merco
I like pie

Itachi Discussion Thread [Manga]

So nobody accidentally highlights this...

Spoiler:
Merco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-24, 02:48   Link #2
black-epiphany
Kuroi

Send a message via AIM to black-epiphany Send a message via MSN to black-epiphany
Quote:
The point is that Orochimaru is an enemy of Akatsui, and ultimately of Itachi. If Orochimaru was able to get his hands on Sasuke, he would be able to completely nail Itachi to the wall. Itachi doesn't want that.
Has it crossed your mind that Itachi "wants" orochimaru to get his hands on Sasuke...? He murdered the Uchicha as a "measuring stick" to see his own capabilities and to challenge himself. Right now he's probably the most powerful ninja (in the manga I recall Orochimaru stating that even he can't beat Itachi), he wants a bigger challenge. Since Sasuke's Sharingan is the only way to match against Itachi's Sharingan technique (i forgot what it's called, bare with me >_>) this would be the only way that he can prove himself.
black-epiphany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-24, 03:11   Link #3
Renxozuken
Clan Ed

well
i cant wait for itachi to involved in fight

maybe kicking some of orochimaru snake assss
Renxozuken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-24, 03:22   Link #4
black-epiphany
Kuroi

Send a message via AIM to black-epiphany Send a message via MSN to black-epiphany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renxozuken
well
i cant wait for itachi to involved in fight

maybe kicking some of orochimaru snake assss
naruto's probably going to be the one killing oro... I'm sure after that happens they'll move on to Sasuke killing Itachi (somehow... i don't see how it's possible though, Itachi's too strong and sasuke sucks without the cursed seal)
black-epiphany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-24, 04:27   Link #5
Gaara_
ぬけ人

Send a message via AIM to Gaara_
I don't forsee anything happening with the magnitude of Oro vs. Itachi for a while, and not Naruto or Sasuke vs. Oro or Itachi at a near equal level for at least another 100-200 chapters, maybe more. I think it will be a while.
Gaara_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-24, 04:46   Link #6
Hiko Seijuro 14th
Watashi wa Saikou

Send a message via MSN to Hiko Seijuro 14th
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaara_
I don't forsee anything happening with the magnitude of Oro vs. Itachi for a while, and not Naruto or Sasuke vs. Oro or Itachi at a near equal level for at least another 100-200 chapters, maybe more. I think it will be a while.

Agreed, Orochimaru and Itachi are still on completely different levels than the young Uchiha and the fox brat.
Hiko Seijuro 14th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-24, 11:40   Link #7

Send a message via AIM to Karma Send a message via MSN to Karma
The one thing I don't ever see poeple state is that Itachi (when fighting Asuma, Kurenai, Kakashi, and Gai) is that Akatsuki was not created by him, and that he was put up to this by someone more powerful. Now maybe the maybe I read was not translating well, but I still would have to believe that an organization would not let a rookie chuunin (as he never advanced, but he was ANBU captain afterall), join if he was stronger that themselves. Itachi is amazingly powerful, we saw Kakashi having major difficulty fighting him, and even two on one (Asuma and Kurenai) then literally didn't even touch him. So I would tend to believe that there is someone stronger, or knows how to control Itachi.
Back on topic...Itachi does seem like the kind of guy who would die trying to prove that he was the strongest ever, though we still don't know the gap of power between himself and Orochimaru. Though we saw Itachi fight Jiraiya, it looked like Jiraiya had it under control.....Strange because he's not supposed to be too much stronger than Orochimaru. Itachi could easily infiltrate Orochimaru's complex and destroy him, but he seems much more intent on getting Naruto. Another thing is how Jiraiya found out about Akatsuki, and organization of that caliber would not being giving their secrets out, which leads me to believe that there is someone, or was someone, that was a spy. Who knows, all we have now is speculation, I just hope to see somemore kickass fighting like in 71!!

Old 2004-02-24, 11:44   Link #8
Hybrid
props to uzi626

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma
The one thing I don't ever see poeple state is that Itachi (when fighting Asuma, Kurenai, Kakashi, and Gai) is that Akatsuki was not created by him, and that he was put up to this by someone more powerful. Now maybe the maybe I read was not translating well, but I still would have to believe that an organization would not let a rookie chuunin (as he never advanced, but he was ANBU captain afterall), join if he was stronger that themselves. Itachi is amazingly powerful, we saw Kakashi having major difficulty fighting him, and even two on one (Asuma and Kurenai) then literally didn't even touch him. So I would tend to believe that there is someone stronger, or knows how to control Itachi.
Back on topic...Itachi does seem like the kind of guy who would die trying to prove that he was the strongest ever, though we still don't know the gap of power between himself and Orochimaru. Though we saw Itachi fight Jiraiya, it looked like Jiraiya had it under control.....Strange because he's not supposed to be too much stronger than Orochimaru. Itachi could easily infiltrate Orochimaru's complex and destroy him, but he seems much more intent on getting Naruto. Another thing is how Jiraiya found out about Akatsuki, and organization of that caliber would not being giving their secrets out, which leads me to believe that there is someone, or was someone, that was a spy. Who knows, all we have now is speculation, I just hope to see somemore kickass fighting like in 71!!

actually karma we have already stated a couple of times that someone stronger is controlling the Akatsuki
Hybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-24, 11:51   Link #9

Send a message via AIM to Karma Send a message via MSN to Karma
Oops, sorry. I just haven't read anything about it, I try to keep up with the threads but there SO MANY!!!

Old 2004-02-24, 12:15   Link #10
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybrid
actually karma we have already stated a couple of times that someone stronger is controlling the Akatsuki
This is certainely not stated, only wanted by some people.
Their are people at an higher echelon than Itachi in the Akatsuki, but that doesn't mean that they're stronger.

Oro was one of the important member of the Akatsuki, but he admitted two times that he couldn't beat Itachi and that he left the Akatsuki because of this.

If there was someone really stronger than Itachi in the Akatsuki why didn't Oro leave before?
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-24, 12:38   Link #11
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merco
If Orochimaru was able to get his hands on Sasuke, he would be able to completely nail Itachi to the wall.
Thats just stupid you know. Why in thell do you think that Oro can own Itachi if he has Sharingan. Dude get a live if Oro has sharingan he can just fight Itachi without getting wooped by Mange Sharingan but that doesn't mean he can beat him. Itachi will and always gonna own Oro's ass no matter what.
Old 2004-02-24, 14:30   Link #12
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Devil
Thats just stupid you know. Why in thell do you think that Oro can own Itachi if he has Sharingan. Dude get a live if Oro has sharingan he can just fight Itachi without getting wooped by Mange Sharingan but that doesn't mean he can beat him. Itachi will and always gonna own Oro's ass no matter what.
well... that is because Orochimaru thinks he is inferior. he may not be, but he thinks that way. and if he doubts himself, how will he win?
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-24, 14:36   Link #13
GreyArea
Meatf***er

I think, if Itachi showed up during this story arc, it would be to capture Naruto while he has no strong protectors around to aid him (Jiraiya); he most definately wont be aiding the genin team.

I dont think he has any concern whatsoever about Sasuke, especially after his encounter with him. He knows that his brother is still very weak in comparison to him. I also dont think that the Akatsuki (and conversely, Itachi) are very concerned about Orochimaru, although they may become concerned with him should their goals intertwine. At the moment, they seem to be aiming for different things.
GreyArea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-24, 14:53   Link #14
Hiko Seijuro 14th
Watashi wa Saikou

Quote:
I think it is pretty easy to say that. Orochimaru has the Soul Transfer,Manda,Edo Tensei, and the sword of Kusangi. Anyone with half a brain would think he would be invincible if he got Sharingan along with amazing jutsus like these.

But alas we do not know much about what Itachi has since he has never been tested in a battle. For all we know Itachi can summon some sort of Dragon lord,has some legendary weapon, and is faster than Gai.
Old 2004-02-24, 15:01   Link #15
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiko Seijuro 14th
I think it is pretty easy to say that. Orochimaru has the Soul Transfer,Manda,Edo Tensei, and the sword of Kusangi. Anyone with half a brain would think he would be invincible if he got Sharingan along with amazing jutsus like these.

But alas we do not know much about what Itachi has since he has never been tested in a battle. For all we know Itachi can summon some sort of Dragon lord,has some legendary weapon, and is faster than Gai.
Itachi never battle tested? he summoned black flame in a few seconds where he was running from ero-senin
Old 2004-02-24, 15:23   Link #16
GreyArea
Meatf***er

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobobaggins
Itachi never battle tested? he summoned black flame in a few seconds where he was running from ero-senin
He still hasnt had a proper fight though (that we've seen, that is).
GreyArea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-24, 15:29   Link #17
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyArea
He still hasnt had a proper fight though (that we've seen, that is).
no full battle. then again, we havent seen tsunade (much, she was shaking and spazzing)

or jirara (was poisoned)

or Gai
Old 2004-02-24, 16:13   Link #18
Hiko Seijuro 14th
Watashi wa Saikou

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobobaggins
no full battle. then again, we havent seen tsunade (much, she was shaking and spazzing)

or jirara (was poisoned)

or Gai
We saw Gai get punked by Itachi. But my main point is that Itachi has never even had a fight (that we have seen) that resulted in him even breaking a sweat.
Old 2004-02-24, 16:55   Link #19
Merco
I like pie

Quote:

It's more then just simply having the Sharingan. Itachi himself admits that the only thing which could compete against his Mange Sharingan is a sharingan of his own blood. If Orochimaru gets this specific sharingan, then if there's a fight, it's simply filtered down to a battle of wills. Last thing Itachi would ever want is to give someone like Orochimaru an extra leg (at least that's my take on the whole resistance thing)

Edit: This was the whole idea behind why I think Itachi doesn't want sasuke taken by Oro. Itachi can deal with some brat who wants to kill him for what he did to their parents... but we don't know fully the relationship between Oro and Itachi... for all we know those two could be holding a bigger grudge against each other then anything Sasuke could throw at Itachi (well not really )
Merco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-24, 17:09   Link #20
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merco
It's more then just simply having the Sharingan. Itachi himself admits that the only thing which could compete against his Mange Sharingan is a sharingan of his own blood.
Maybe the translation I had is different, but when he engages Kakashi, I read it as him saying basically, "Oh, you've got a Sharingan, too. Well, that's great, but you need to have not the eye, but the blood to compete with THIS." and then Mange Sharingans him.

Of course, that could be what you said, but the "his" in "his own blood" modifies Itachi in that setence, so it's kinda vague.
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote