Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-07, 20:20   Link #21
A Lamer
あほぉ&

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
The show is animated by the Korean studio G&G Entertainment, NOT by GONZO (Moonphase screwed it up). GDH (Gonzo's parent company) is one of the production partners but they don't really have anything to do with the creative work.
Ah, thanks for clarifying. I had heard they were the ones doing it, so I really got hesitant, they have a tendency of screwing stuff up.

Quote:
And I don't see what's wrong with the character design either... The concept arts look so-so, but they don't look bad in the anime itself.
I was basing that judgement off the website photos. They're (as far as I assumed) as close to the anime as it comes, and they were definatly unimpressive.

Never the less, I'm still hesitant, especially since the reviews up until now have been a resounding "meh".
Old 2004-04-07, 20:23   Link #22
Diedrupo

the original press release about the Ragnarok Online anime indicated that there would be two series, one 13 episode series aimed at adults and a 50+ episode series aimed at children. Considering this one is going to be 39 I think, I wonder if they scratched the original plans and are just making one series?
Old 2004-04-07, 20:28   Link #23
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diedrupo
the original press release about the Ragnarok Online anime indicated that there would be two series, one 13 episode series aimed at adults and a 50+ episode series aimed at children. Considering this one is going to be 39 I think, I wonder if they scratched the original plans and are just making one series?
According to Moonphase, this show will be 26 episodes... Of course, they aren't always accurate, but it was actually updated from 52 episodes so I assume that there has been some sort of confirmation somewhere. So I think those plans have indeed been changed (this is a late night series anyway, so I doubt this would be aimed at children)
Old 2004-04-07, 21:23   Link #24
UssoKK

Okay, I'm still debating whether to download here, so I need my fellow members to sway me ^__^

Okay, I'm a fan of the MMORPG, and my friend actually works for an unoffical dev team for the game, so I'm definetly interested. However, I went over to the official site, and I don't like the way the characters look. I'm not talking about appearence/ design, I'm talking about job classes!

I mean, in almost every RPG, the main MALE character is usually a Swordsman and the main FEMALE character is usally a support / mage / chemist , etc. I suppose it wouldn't kill someone to break this mold and have a guy as a magician or *gasp* cleric, but it doesn't look like this anime is.

So, to those who have seen it? Is it just cookie-cutter? I might be willing to overlook the lack of......individuality ... if it's fun enough.

Thanks, everyone!
Old 2004-04-07, 21:38   Link #25
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by UssoKK
I mean, in almost every RPG, the main MALE character is usually a Swordsman and the main FEMALE character is usally a support / mage / chemist , etc. I suppose it wouldn't kill someone to break this mold and have a guy as a magician or *gasp* cleric, but it doesn't look like this anime is.
Going off-topic. Well... one of the exceptions was .Hack//Sign where the main male character was a mage. And the female that sorta becomes his 'mate' is a warrior (lousy one at that as well). Oh wait he is not really a 'he'.
Old 2004-04-07, 21:46   Link #26
corncob

Quote:
Originally Posted by UssoKK

So, to those who have seen it? Is it just cookie-cutter? I might be willing to overlook the lack of......individuality ... if it's fun enough.

Thanks, everyone!

It almost seems like someone convinced a major studio to animate their bad fanfics he based on random RO sessions. I'm not saying the show is crappy, but the animators made no effort to take out concepts and language that would only exist in a video game environment.
Old 2004-04-07, 22:45   Link #27
Dark_Sun
I LOVE YOU!

the "^_^"'s fansub was awsome...just wondering...why do ppl want karoeke or however you spelll it anyway?...u wanna sing the song?
Old 2004-04-07, 22:52   Link #28
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by corncob
It almost seems like someone convinced a major studio to animate their bad fanfics he based on random RO sessions. I'm not saying the show is crappy, but the animators made no effort to take out concepts and language that would only exist in a video game environment.
I think that's the whole point. The show is meant to reflect the game world itself.

BTW this anime is directed by Myung-Jin Lee (the creator of Ragnarok) himself. So it wouldn't be just some random guy writing a "fanfic".
Old 2004-04-07, 23:27   Link #29
Diedrupo

I just watched the show, and as I figured, it sucked ass. But i'm an RO fan, so I enjoyed it anyway.

I'll probably keep watching it just to see what other RO stuff will appear. I didn't expect to see a female rogue in episode 1!
Old 2004-04-07, 23:27   Link #30
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by condi
dude why you complaining?

I enjoyed Midori no Hibi so damn much so I cant wait until episode 2

if it wasnt for the " ^_^ " fansub group

I couldnt have found this great anime ...
If you complain so much then dont dl at least they are trying their best...
That's right, I didn't. But everyone else who has watched both versions over at Snoopycool agree that the AE version is far superior. It's only reasonable to at least expect a sort of trend to carry over to at least a few of ^_^'s future releases.

And if it wasn't for the ^_^ group, you would've found out about this anime anyway with the AE release. No loss.
Old 2004-04-07, 23:32   Link #31
A Lamer
あほぉ&

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Sun
the "^_^"'s fansub was awsome...just wondering...why do ppl want karoeke or however you spelll it anyway?...u wanna sing the song?
I wont download ^_^ until someone (whos fluent in japanese) confirms that they're getting stuff right, and not deminishing the quality of it.

I like karoeke because I like knowing what the hell I'm listening to. I only know a little japanese, so it also helps me (slowly) learn the language. (yes, I am actually learning japanese from anime. its not that far fetched, besides, I'm learning from credible sources too :P)

Edit: *Sigh* I caved and downloaded ^_^'s version. I dont really know if they screwed anything up, but like others have said, its definatly nothing special. They could have approached it so many ways and made it look good.

I also cant believe they cant even remain true to the original character designs. The only thing that destinguished the rogue was the spiked bracelet, knives, and the red jacket, which wasnt even that accurate either. The animation team seems to have traveled here from 1997.

Last edited by A Lamer; 2004-04-08 at 03:59.
Old 2004-04-08, 06:45   Link #32
Shinseiki

yeah crusader look ugly but its a good class for protecting people ^^ [by that a mean protecting Yuufa ^^] they have good defensive skill, support skill [heal] and very good attack skill [like Grand Cross and Holy Cross]. With that and good stats, protecting Yuufa is easy i think

Girl is second episode is a Merchant and they dont look like merchant in game [in game they like a little fat girl ^^;;]

Roan is a Swordsman
Yuufa is an Acolyte
Takiusu is a Magician

The Stupid Trio [like rocket team in pokemon <.<] is a Rogue [female], Thief [the fat guy] and a Blacksmith.

Character in the first five minute are : Peco Peco Knight, Archer [female], Acolyte and Merchant.
Old 2004-04-08, 07:37   Link #33
bOcyOgl
lv.2 频道贼

Just like in the game, everyone likes to protect female acolytes.. hehe
Old 2004-04-08, 09:31   Link #34
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

hmmm.... is the female acolyte as cute as in the game? is there female merchants that's as cute as in the game? is there female knight that's as hot as in the game? If the answers are yes, I'll definitely give it a shot ^^b
Old 2004-04-08, 09:42   Link #35
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinseiki
First Error : Clock Tower Keeper dont exist, its Clock Tower Manager in the game.
actually, the Japanese word in the anime (and game) translates better to "Keeper" rather than "Manager".
Old 2004-04-08, 10:01   Link #36
Doddler

Send a message via ICQ to Doddler Send a message via MSN to Doddler
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
actually, the Japanese word in the anime (and game) translates better to "Keeper" rather than "Manager".
Thats correct. Unlike 99% of the monsters in ragnarok, clocktower manager uses a japanese name. "時計塔管理者". If you don't know how it was origionally translated for english ragnarok, then either term is just as good.

So far I thought it was interesting... huge game tie-ins though, and I'm wondering if thats all there is to the show; one big game tie-in.

And, I would find it alot cooler if the keeper actually towered over players like he did in the anime... he's only slightly bigger than your character in the game. T_T
Old 2004-04-08, 10:41   Link #37
bOcyOgl
lv.2 频道贼

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
hmmm.... is the female acolyte as cute as in the game? is there female merchants that's as cute as in the game? is there female knight that's as hot as in the game? If the answers are yes, I'll definitely give it a shot ^^b
Some one them definitely have bigger breasts in the anime... but they're not bad in the anime
Old 2004-04-08, 12:09   Link #38
Master Ran
The Invincible Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinseiki

Girl is second episode is a Merchant and they dont look like merchant in game [in game they like a little fat girl ^^;;]

Character in the first five minute are : Peco Peco Knight, Archer [female], Acolyte and Merchant.
hahaha you're right.
Well she looks more like the flower girl than a merchant

The assasin guy looks really kewl though.(seen on the OP of anime)

Master Ran
Old 2004-04-08, 14:55   Link #39
dreamless

lol, the moral of the story of the first episode? don't use a dead branch in a city, and don't attack frozen monsters.
Old 2004-04-08, 14:58   Link #40
A Lamer
あほぉ&

the moral sucks. I dead branch all the time without dying horribly, and I also attack frozen monsters, because you dont get exp from frozen monsters
Closed Thread