AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > High School DxD

Notices

Old 2012-03-26, 08:08   Link #1841
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbayker View Post
To follow your analogy. If I say a particular food tastes bad or in your words "bleh" others will ask why.
no, most people will just acknowledge that you don't like that particular kind of food, without the need to ask any redundant questions.

Quote:
Telling them I don't like it doesn't really answer their question and I just gave my impression of it. If I told them like I hate spicy food then its a far more concrete answer.
The same way I can say I don't like shounen-stuff. It was also poorly animated from what I could tell.
I've also added that, as far as ecchi/harem anime go, it failed to impress me. What more do you want me to say?

Quote:
I'll ask you again, why do you find Isse as an irritating MC?
What? Where did I say that? I've nothing against Issei as a male-lead.

Quote:
I'll assume you're just criticizing out of sheer bias and for no real reason because its "not to your taste".
I'm not "criticizing". I'm simply expressing "how I feel" about the show in general, which is a different thing altogether.

Quote:
On the contrary what one says and how he/she says it influences us a lot on how seriously we want to take someone's word.
True, to a certain extent. But the way it influences you also depends on your personal view/interpretation of someone else's words.
Old 2012-03-26, 08:14   Link #1842
Domonkazu

^if this series is really that bad by your standard, could you please tell me which one you would say good or better as harem-shounen anime?
Domonkazu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 08:17   Link #1843
0rphen
LuRkEr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domonkazu View Post

dude you make me want to read the LN

must resist, I hope there will be 2nd season soon.
Strength is irrelevant. Resistance is futile.

0rphen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 08:29   Link #1844
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
^if this series is really that bad by your standard, could you please tell me which one you would say good or better as harem-shounen anime?
Hyakka Ryouran, SnO, OH, KoreZom, MNO, Ore-Tsuba, and many others. The shounen aspect is too prevalent in this one, and most of the ecchi-stuff comes off as flat.

Of course, that is only my personal opinion. I'm in no way trying to pass it off as a fact.
Old 2012-03-26, 08:34   Link #1845
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
Hyakka Ryouran, SnO, OH, KoreZom, MNO, Ore-Tsuba, and many others. The shounen aspect is too prevalent in this one, and most of the ecchi-stuff comes off as flat.

Of course, that is only my personal opinion. I'm in no way trying to pass it off as a fact.
I wonder if Seikon no Qwaser looks good or better as a harem-shounen anime
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 08:44   Link #1846
Dahak86
Classics never age

^Qwaser was almost hentai-tier
Old 2012-03-26, 08:57   Link #1847
Domonkazu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post

SnO? (Qwaser?) OH? MNO?

Hyakka Ryouran, Ore-tsuba - dropped, seems like my preference is totally different.
Kore Zombie - watched this one.

I'm not trying to judge you or anything, don't worry, I just thought I might miss something to watch

because usually I rarely watch harem anime
Old 2012-03-26, 08:59   Link #1848
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
SnO? (Qwaser?) OH? MNO?
SNO means Sora no Otoshimono, not Qwaser (followed by OH is Omamori Himari and MNO is Mayoi Neko Overrun!). The former is a generic romantic comedy about a highschool student falling in love with the emotionless female angeloid, while the latter is an action-packed harem shounen filled with bordeline hentai content.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-03-26, 09:59   Link #1849
Domonkazu

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
SNO means Sora no Otoshimono, not Qwaser (followed by OH is Omamori Himari and MNO is Mayoi Neko Overrun!). The former is a generic romantic comedy about a highschool student falling in love with the emotionless female angeloid, while the latter is an action-packed harem shounen filled with bordeline hentai content.
Omamori Himari looks pretty good, I remember I've read some chapter of the manga.
going to watch it soon.

but SnO and Mayoi Neko aren't my thing, somehow I don't like the plot

sorry for OT guys
Old 2012-03-26, 10:01   Link #1850
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
for anyone who said they have seen "better" ending please point out the series, I'm curious
High School of the Dead, Green Green, Freezing, Golden Boy, Angel Beats, B Gata H Kei, Goshuushou-sama Ninomiya-kun, Hand Maid Mai, Hanaukyo Maid Tai(both versions), and probably another 50 I could dig up through other hard drives and DVD's. Notice I didn't really picky any series longer than 13 episodes on my list. Also, most of the ones I listed, still had room for more series if they so chose to follow the original source materials.

And the male leads weren't bad like Issei.

Been watching anime for well over 25 years now... I have seen considerably better and more enjoyable male leads.

I'm only really in this series for Ms. Redhead.
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 10:43   Link #1851
Domonkazu

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
High School of the Dead, Green Green, Freezing, Golden Boy, Angel Beats, B Gata H Kei, Goshuushou-sama Ninomiya-kun, Hand Maid Mai, Hanaukyo Maid Tai(both versions), and probably another 50 I could dig up through other hard drives and DVD's. Notice I didn't really picky any series longer than 13 episodes on my list. Also, most of the ones I listed, still had room for more series if they so chose to follow the original source materials.

And the male leads weren't bad like Issei.

Been watching anime for well over 25 years now... I have seen considerably better and more enjoyable male leads.

I'm only really in this series for Ms. Redhead.
purely my opinion,

for sure I've seen gazillions better male leads, but often not in this much fan service packed harem anime, usually it's always a wimp or loser getting whole bunch of girls

The Point is of course he could be better, but when compared him to upcoming Haruyuki from Accel World, I'd rather have Issei as MC.

but the females cast are awesome in this series no tsundere, no osana jimi not to mention the seiyuus.

if we are talking about the ending

High School of the Dead - ending was lack of tension and very open
Freezing - same as above
Golden Boy - I can't stand MC, he is simply disgusting.
Angel Beats - different genre, ending was rushed and strange I mean Kanade developed her feeling like in 1-2 last eps, and the whole stuff with the "heart" didn't make any sense.
B Gata H Kei - not even a harem anime, Yamada was awesome but the male lead is a wimp.

Goshuushou-sama Ninomiya-kun
Hand Maid Mai
Hanaukyo Maid Tai
^I got your point, but if you compare to much older series which mean we lack of decent MC in newer series, right??

I've been watching anime since LoGH, Macross SDF, MSG.
Old 2012-03-26, 10:45   Link #1852
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

The thing I like about this protagonist is that girls aren't all over the guy for no apparent reason. At the very least the ones that have grown to like him have a reason for doing so.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 10:48   Link #1853
Domonkazu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
The thing I like about this protagonist is that girls aren't all over the guy for no apparent reason. At the very least the ones that have grown to like him have a reason for doing so.
and apparently the other girls in the school hate him
Old 2012-03-26, 10:49   Link #1854
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Hate is a strong world. They just don't understand him.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 11:28   Link #1855
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
For me the interesting part of the show ended with the application of Issei's cloth-ripping technique. From that point on the standard shounen plot took over, which made the show a little better than those thousand episode bore-fests. The plot itself (for what little was exposed) is not particularly interesting either (as in most of the shows Dahak86 mentioned). At least the specials will focus on the interesting part of the show and doujin will do the rest
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 11:40   Link #1856
Domonkazu

^it's very shounen to begin with , highschool+superpower+harem, which why I won't put to much standard.
It'd pretty good considered there are tons of worse out there but probably just on par with Sekirei and Freezing.

can't be compared to a seinen like GiTS
Old 2012-03-26, 11:55   Link #1857
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
For shounen standards its plot is not awful, like the two shows you mentioned, it's very standard, and less interesting than Asura, KoreZon, Ichiban no Ushiro Daimou, even Seikon no Qwaser had more things going on with its story

Art is also average, I don't even want to begin talking about how sub-standard the animation was.

But all this comes from someone who only watch shounen shows because of the ecchi fanservice, and to have a background to read and watch the derivatives (specials, doujinshi, etc). In some cases I got interested enough to begin reading the novels (The Third, KoreZon, Asura), but definitely not here. But definitely not in this case

To put it in another way, the Seitokai and Kendou-bu characters are more interesting for me than the main harem, because the don't have some particularly crappy background exposed in addition to a shit-load amateurishly drawn stills
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 12:06   Link #1858
Hyack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvance View Post
You know? I've always thought something was wrong when I was following the series. It's like its missing something "BIG" and when I realized what it was, the shock hit me like a truck.

I may have forgotten a few details, but for some reason, Issei didn't have a clingy jealous childhood friend in the show. Well, you know? There's no guarantee that he doesn't have one, but still. Doesn't that kind of creature usually shows up in the first half of episode 1 or maybe within 12 episodes at the latest?
If there will be a season 2 of Highschool Dxd.. they probably add the childhood friend of Issei.
Hyack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 12:48   Link #1859
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

If I want to compare High School DxD with Seikon no Qwaser, both shares many similarities : the extremely high-level ecchi (filled with some pieces of bordeline H content), a childhood friend being the secondary character, epic fights and more girls added to the MC's harem with a reason. Is that true ?
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-03-26, 13:12   Link #1860
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Eh, the ecchi in DxD is actually a lot tamer than Qwaser really. The furthest we get is just (near-) nakedness with DxD, which is otherwise pretty common ecchi.

Qwaser has girls getting molested and such pretty much every (other) episode and whatnot.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, fantasy, harem, romance, shounen