AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-06-09, 11:07   Link #36581
Insane Inquisitor

Sorry should be fixed :P. Spoiler tag malfunction on my part. :P

But I'll put it here again anyways (since its a new forum page to make it convenient for everyone)

Spoiler for Length of text:

Thanks to everyone for their help!
Insane Inquisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 11:19   Link #36582
SonicNanohaFan2012

Uh.. Blaster bits.. 5 Starlight Breakers fired at the same time...
SonicNanohaFan2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 11:24   Link #36583
Insane Inquisitor

Could Nanoha do the same without having to stand still though?(Remember, these are Eldar Interceptors/Void Dragons that can knock out TANKS - and I suspect if she stood still for too long she would be overwhelmed by the firepower thrown at her.) Also, since it is the initial hours of the invasion it would be difficult to gather enough mana to pull of a Starlight Breaker, not to say 5...

(Though having said that, I do agree that should she have the opportunity she can easily turn said air crafts into scarp metal/scrap wraithbone.)
Old 2012-06-09, 11:27   Link #36584
SonicNanohaFan2012

True... Anyways.. on another note, anyone hear? FF's cracking down on lemons it seems... They'll get rid of anything that has Adult content versus Mature...
Old 2012-06-09, 14:57   Link #36585
Justin_Brett

We just got done discussing Marvel, and now you bring in 40k? What is it with that series and siccing it on other universes?
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 16:18   Link #36586
ZeroIchiNi

Send a message via AIM to ZeroIchiNi
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicNanohaFan2012 View Post
True... Anyways.. on another note, anyone hear? FF's cracking down on lemons it seems... They'll get rid of anything that has Adult content versus Mature...
They use to allow lemons years ago.
ZeroIchiNi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 16:47   Link #36587
SonicNanohaFan2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroIchiNi View Post
They use to allow lemons years ago.
well.. not so much now.. looks like something stops them now
Old 2012-06-09, 17:10   Link #36588
ZeroIchiNi

Send a message via AIM to ZeroIchiNi
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicNanohaFan2012 View Post
well.. not so much now.. looks like something stops them now
There used to be a genre dedicated for it in the site. When I said years I mean around 10 years ago. I remember when they decided to wipe out that entire genre section and banned it.
ZeroIchiNi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 22:25   Link #36589
SonicNanohaFan2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroIchiNi View Post
There used to be a genre dedicated for it in the site. When I said years I mean around 10 years ago. I remember when they decided to wipe out that entire genre section and banned it.
I think that's what they are doing here
Old 2012-06-09, 22:38   Link #36590
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

For material days, I think Yuuno still comatose or unconscious, w.e is getting ridiculous, unless he's suffered some MASSIVE brain injury, I can hardly find that he will stay quiet for THIS long.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 23:56   Link #36591
Yasanagi
A Drifter...
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Yasanagi
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
For material days, I think Yuuno still comatose or unconscious, w.e is getting ridiculous, unless he's suffered some MASSIVE brain injury, I can hardly find that he will stay quiet for THIS long.
The thing is that Yuuno had been specifically given a sedative to keep him in that state until a more formal examination can be done by Shamal to see how far his mentality had been compromised. Just refresh your memory by reading this episode.

Thanks to 00-Raiser for hooking me up with the sig!
Yasanagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 02:42   Link #36592
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Inquisitor View Post
Thanks for the reply, everyone. Though in response to Tiresias' question, the aircraft I had in mind were actually:

Spoiler for Identity of air crafts:
Those guys are on a completely different level from modern vehicles. Given the things that are weak in the series are superb by modern standards. You can't compare like that!

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 03:08   Link #36593
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Well her spells will be effective against them, that's for sure. I'm more curious on why would someone send fifth generation fighters against mages; unless they're modified with thaumaturgic sensors or something they can't do squat against mages because their sensors won't even be able to detect such small targets.
Actually, that depends, how much heat does Nanoha's magic generate? If she generates enough, in theory, they could get a heatseeker lock on her.

Also, speaking of which, an idea for a fanfic I'll never write, but I'll put it her anyway, as it pertains to using conventional weapons against mages:

Cult of the Lost Logia:

Basic premise is that, shortly after the end of StrikerS, some cultist psycho who happens to have magical abilities with a compound in the mountains north of Uminari gets a hold of a powerful Al Hazard device (possibly in the form of some kind of sword).... that becomes more powerful by feeding on the life force of those it kills. So, naturally, the cult leader thinks he's chosen by God and starts with usual cult stuff: preparing to survive coming apocalypse, stockpiling illegal arms, etc.

In order to feed his device, the cult leader starts killing people in secret, the cult leader starts luring them to his compound and ritually murdering them.

This naturally draws the attentions of a 19-year old Suzuka Tsukimura and Alisa Bannings, students at Uminari City University, who investigate the case, possibly as an article for the student newspaper. So, they go to a "open meeting" of the cult, only to end up being dragged into a sacrificial chamber in an old mine under a mountain, where the cult leader naturally tries to kill them. Unfortunately for the cultists, either Alisa or Suzuka manage to escape her binds, grapple with one of the cults, who was armed with an illegally owned AK47, disarm him and kill the four or so other guards in the room, at which point the leader runs away and sends more of his minions after them.

So, for the next few minutes, Alisa and Suzuka play badass normal and shoot up a few cultists. When they make it to the surface, they run into a couple of familiar faces: Nanoha and Fate. So, naturally, the cult leader shows up, and Nanoha and Fate confront him. Naturally, however, he's not going to give it up, and so he slugs it out with both Nanoha and Fate.

Spoiler for Spoilers for the fic that may never be written:

Note: I'm considering changing the background of Alisa and Suzuka slightly so that Suzuka's parents are the owners of a major media corporation- hence Suzuka's involvement in the university newspaper- she'd be a journalism major in this AU, and Alisa's father being the owner of a private military company involved with a US base in Uminari, making it more plausible that Alisa would be able to use some of the weapons they steal in the cultist compound, for instance if she at one point fired off a few rounds at a range or something. (it also helps that the cultists aren't exactly well trained either).

Last edited by SPARTAN 119; 2012-06-10 at 03:57.
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 21:21   Link #36594
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Numbers

SSX 1-15

SSX 16

SSX 17

SSX 18

Spoiler for Blood That Flows - SSX 19:

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.

Last edited by Nanya01; 2012-06-14 at 15:29.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 22:08   Link #36595
Auxilism
For the yuri (╹◡╹)

Spoiler for Left alone, abandoned by love Chapter 7:

Since it's my holiday now...
Spoiler for Plan:
Characters are from Madoka Magica, Symphogear and Sakura Trick.
Please see the uncompressed version on the right.
Click this for my gif request thread.Max quality version
I take gif requests here.
Please read the opening post (revised as of 22/8/2014).
Auxilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 22:34   Link #36596
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Ixy... You have a lot to learn. Ask Kyrie or Hayate for good ideas xD
Old 2012-06-11, 01:27   Link #36597
Insane Inquisitor

Quote:
Those guys are on a completely different level from modern vehicles. Given the things that are weak in the series are superb by modern standards. You can't compare like that!
Much noted...but then we are back to (almost) square one. Can we actually expect Nanoha to be able to put a dent in Eldar vehicles? (Probably a given yes with Blaster 3 active, but with anything below...?)

Anyways, two questions that is strictly more related...

(1) What would be a good estimation for the military strength of Mid-Childa (on planet) at a time of peace when an attack is not expected? I'm aware there is at least 386 Battalions (re. the one where Subaru/Teana served before RF6), but then that seems a tad disproportionate for planet size strength...

(2) Regarding Quattro - as insane as she is, is it a realistic projection for her to become an even worse monster?

Many thanks.
Old 2012-06-11, 01:49   Link #36598
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Much noted...but then we are back to (almost) square one. Can we actually expect Nanoha to be able to put a dent in Eldar vehicles? (Probably a given yes with Blaster 3 active, but with anything below...?)
Very likely, given her strength. That said she could still bind one up while it was in flight and let it tear itself apart, I guess.

Quote:
Anyways, two questions that is strictly more related...

(1) What would be a good estimation for the military strength of Mid-Childa (on planet) at a time of peace when an attack is not expected? I'm aware there is at least 386 Battalions (re. the one where Subaru/Teana served before RF6), but then that seems a tad disproportionate for planet size strength...
Keep in mind that not all of Mid-Childa is settled, there's various frontiers on the planet that haven't been developed. It did come out of a devastating war relatively recently.
Old 2012-06-11, 03:32   Link #36599
mega1987
GregOS Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Numbers

SSX 1-15

SSX 16

SSX 17

Spoiler for Blood That Flows - SSX 18:
Odin: *Looks at Ixpellia's board.* Hm.... I believe when I retire, I got someone who'll inherit the Devil Arms "Lucifer".

Val: After at least 50 to a hundred years or so? C'mon, Odin. We all knew you'll age the slowest among our group.

Odin: And you haven't change in over 150 years, Val.

Val: *Sighs.*

Mariemeia: No mariages from Ixy anymore? Awwww....

Sarah: Got a problem with that?

Mariemeia: They're quite excellent for cannon fodder against another army of mazoku. Or even better, against those AMF drones and the Huckenbiens...

Sarah: Good point, but it's better for Ixpellia to have at least a normal life to enjoy.

Me: And bhl88, let Hayate and/or Kyrie teach Ixy? We got already 4 perverts that will flirt anythings that moves/interest them in the story. We don't need a loli that got a sexually active mind.

Yukari: And what's wrong about having a sexual active mind during preteen?

Odin: Sendo, we got standards on that part of life. So bug Fang boy instead of implying that bhl88's advice on Ixpellia should learn from Hayate, Sein, Kyrie and Thoth.

Hayate: We're not THAT bad!

Odin: I rather have you as a tsundere with a short fuse, Yagami.
SRW beats all foes.
JAM Project pwns all!!!

And I can't still make fanfic without restarting from the start when new ideas comes in...
mega1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 03:38   Link #36600
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Judging by the force they could muster during Scaglietti's final attack... very small. (Hell, were there actually more than a hundred air-mages that participated on attacking the Cradle?)

Also, nobody thinks it's necessary for their capital world to be constantly patrolled by warships, if the slow response of Chrono's fleet is any indication.

Anyway, when did this invasion happen, before or after StrikerS?

Last edited by Tiresias; 2012-06-11 at 04:59.
Tiresias is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha