AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-10-11, 11:01   Link #10781
kingstonbeer

Welcome to Medaka Box where the dead ain't exactly dead and a gazillion powers can be perfectly countered with just one !!

God Nisio should have a troll king seal of approval.
kingstonbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 11:02   Link #10782
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inarius View Post
c'mon CXC >:3
Yeah sorry my fault, this chapter was infodumping all the way, and I'm still somewhat of a beginner myself so it took a while to translate all of that.

Anyway,
Spoiler for 166:
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 11:07   Link #10783
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I knew it! I freaking knew my lovely Undead Samurai Zombie Schoolgirl Nienami would be back, she was by far the most fun out of the style users.

And I seriously hope Zenkichi's part in this isn't over yet or at least that he doesn't fade away into the background. True, he's one of my favorite characters and that of course leads to wanting more from him but it just doesn't seem natural to have a Shiranui Hansode focused arc with Zenkichi staying out of the picture (he hasn't really done anything that relevant in an arc about his best friend, it's been Medaka all the way).

Kumagawa? Oh please, he's the most popular character in the damn manga...no way he'll fade into the background so I'm not worried in the least about him.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 11:08   Link #10784
orangejuicetang

Wait, here's a thing I just noticed

Spoiler for 166:

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 11:59   Link #10785
DawnEmperor

Interesting that styles still have a place in the Sorting Algorithm even after they spent an arc fighting and defeating style users.

And actually...why are we taking those powers at face value(that is, the wounds not healing). Perhaps there's some loophole to it.

Let's see...Ajimu get's a fairly important death, Kumagawa and Zenkichi are just victims of the Worf Effect, the 13 party manages to hold their own against Ihiko

Glad Tsurubami's back, and Nienami too, though I do wish the rest of the student council(both former and current) could still play a part.

@Randrak Zenkichi's role has always fluctuated it seems. Even though he's at least the deuteragonist(or supporting protagonist), sometimes he's relegated to being just a satellite character to Medaka(oh he's important because he changed Medaka).
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 12:05   Link #10786
kingstonbeer

Wish there was a real yardstick though. A bit hard to process what should beat what in this manga.

Anyone wants to take a stab at how long Ajimu takes to return (dead or otherwise)

@Randrak what is the name of that artist I know I've seen him somewhere before?
kingstonbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 12:28   Link #10787
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKey View Post
Yeah sorry my fault, this chapter was infodumping all the way, and I'm still somewhat of a beginner myself so it took a while to translate all of that.

Anyway,
Spoiler for 166:
Spoiler:
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 12:40   Link #10788
Homura7

Spoiler for spoiler:
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 12:40   Link #10789
Thth
???

Training Arc lol!

Anyway it seems to me everyone is being setup, (IIhiko, Medaka, Shiranui included) and manipulated. Everything seems to be too streamlined, Hansode's new role only makes it more suspicious.

As for Ajimu, Zenkichi and Kumagawa, they are probably having an undead conference in their post-life classroom.
Thth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 13:38   Link #10790
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Not what I expected at all, but not a bad chapter.
It was explained to me some time ago that the difference between Styles and Skills is something like the difference between "Level" and "Rank" in Yugioh, which actually seems to be quite a good comparison here. It's possible that Styles were developed with the specific purpose of defeating Iihiko and beings like him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thth View Post
As for Ajimu, Zenkichi and Kumagawa, they are probably having an undead conference in their post-life classroom.
This is what I'm thinking too. Ajimu is absurdly popular, she won't be dead for long.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 13:53   Link #10791
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
This is what I'm thinking too. Ajimu is absurdly popular, she won't be dead for long.
She better! C'mon Nisio, she was like the imbodiment of every troll in existence.. It was as if god had a sense of humor.. Don't put us through the torment of an Ajimi-less existence..
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 13:56   Link #10792
Naginoura
匂宮家

Spoiler for 166:

Naginoura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 13:58   Link #10793
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
She better! C'mon Nisio, she was like the imbodiment of every troll in existence.. It was as if god had a sense of humor.. Don't put us through the torment of an Ajimi-less existence..
at the end of the Arc there will probably be scene of Ajimi drinking tea with a "just as Keikaku" expression
Old 2012-10-11, 15:32   Link #10794
Spinell

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
translated chapter is out

Spoiler for 166:
As i understand, he is not inheriting the body. The original Iihiko is long dead. When he died the backup took his place, forming his mind (and possibly body) to be like Iihikos. And this happened for 5000 or so years.

My tbeory, that's might be also why they will be able to heal the wounds and defeat Iihiko in the end. The first backup copied the original Iihiko as good as he could. The second copied the first copy as good as he could. So over the course of time, the current Iihiko and the original are slightly different thanks to accumulated slight errors.
The originals "destruction" ability did probaly really cause final destruction but the currents one skill might be slightly different.
Spinell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 16:16   Link #10795
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

Last chapter was updated. Hanten's speech on page 9 now actually makes sense.
I'm truly sorry guys, I completely screwed up some of Hanten's lines. I'll try to make sure that doesn't happen again.
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 16:23   Link #10796
Sol Falling

It's alright dude. More than that, we appreciate the transparency and effort you are clearly putting into this.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 16:36   Link #10797
DawnEmperor

You know, I really have to appreciate the speculation. It does make me a bit hopeful(having a conference between Zenkichi, Kumagawa, and Ajimu in the afterlife)
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 16:50   Link #10798
ziggi92

This So called "Hero" Iihiko came 5000 years ago do they not always talk about Medaka being "hero" that appears every 5000 year so it is kind of Ironic that the Old "Hero" Ihiko will fight against New "Hero" Medaka .
ziggi92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 17:03   Link #10799
orangejuicetang

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggi92 View Post
This So called "Hero" Iihiko came 5000 years ago do they not always talk about Medaka being "hero" that appears every 5000 year so it is kind of Ironic that the Old "Hero" Ihiko will fight against New "Hero" Medaka .
A 'hero' appears once every thousand years fyi.

Which means that for all we know Nisio may introduce 4 other 'hero' type characters in a later arc.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 17:05   Link #10800
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Hero or otherwise, Medaka needs to find somehting that can defeat Iihiko especially since he can no sell Abnormals and Minuses. I guess there are things that Kumagawa's All Fiction and Medaka's The End cannot defeat all....

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council