AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-04-04, 14:23   Link #1
tkdtiger

[manga/spoilers] Orochimaru Theory

Looking back through the chapter where Oro. see's the 4 tail Kyuubi. He says that he wants to the Sasuke fight against the Kyuubi. Looking at this I was wondering if maybe Oro. purposely lost and got trapped in that dimension thing so he can observe Sasuke more, before attempting to completely take Sasuke's body or something? This is of course assuming that Oro is still within Sasuke.
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 21:37   Link #2
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!

well, i have contemplated this for a long time. At first, i thought that he would still be alive inside saskue's body, but then I came to the conclusion that there was no point for really keeping him alive. Like other characters have stated "one of us would have gotten him eventually." this either makes oro seem a bit weak, or just makes saskue more badass. Also, if he were alive, I think that kishi would have gave some sort of hint. Which there was none given.

I think that Kishi wanted to move away from oro because he was getting to be an old topic (I woulda) and wanted to move on to bigger and better things.
Old 2007-04-08, 22:00   Link #3
Master zoid pilot

Send a message via AIM to Master zoid pilot Send a message via MSN to Master zoid pilot
I think the whole uncertainty of who saskue was after the battle was a good enough hint. Oro still has some part to play perhaps?
Master zoid pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 22:41   Link #4
Kyu410

Send a message via Yahoo to Kyu410
tkdtiger I was thinking the same thing yet another theory popped up in my head about a few weeks ago.

Theory: Orochimaru let Sasuke finish him so he would be inside of Sasuke without him knowing. Also he knew Kabuto would try to get him out and when he does Orochimaru will be reborn at 15(Sasuke's age) with a sharingan kekkai genkai and thus causing a 2nd Sannin fight.

Evidence: One of the chapters titles was new world or rebirth. Also that memory of Orochimaru's about the white snake meaning rebirth and fortune could have been a clue from Kishi that Orochimaru is coming back as a rebirth with Sharingan.
Kyu410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-10, 04:01   Link #5
Ichimaru

MY theory

Spoiler:
Ichimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-10, 07:59   Link #6
othafa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bari_Phillis View Post
well, i have contemplated this for a long time. At first, i thought that he would still be alive inside saskue's body, but then I came to the conclusion that there was no point for really keeping him alive. Like other characters have stated "one of us would have gotten him eventually." this either makes oro seem a bit weak, or just makes saskue more badass. Also, if he were alive, I think that kishi would have gave some sort of hint. Which there was none given.

I think that Kishi wanted to move away from oro because he was getting to be an old topic (I woulda) and wanted to move on to bigger and better things.
I suspect that people are reading too much into the "one of us woul dhave gotten him eventually". It should be obvious that Suigetsu thinks a little much of himself. Furthermore, Kabuto and Sasuke were the only ones who really knew any details about Oro, since they were the only ones who were allowed to get close. Lastly, I think that everyone underestimates Sasuke as well, for the same reason that they underestimate Oro...no one has really seen him use his real abilities.

Anyway...
Kishi wouldn't kill off Oro in such an anti-climactic fight. Hes alive in Sasuke's subconscious, and will come to the foreground either when Sasuke relies to heavily on CS at some point, or when he is in a state of exceptional mental or emotional weakness...
othafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-10, 08:33   Link #7
Rurik
Golden

Sorry to be question this, but did Oro actually Said that he wanted Sasuke to fight the Kyubi? Or was it something a little different? I don’t recall Oro mentioning the Kyuby, Just Naruto and his tailed state.
Old 2007-04-10, 09:30   Link #8
Rachy
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik
Sorry to be question this, but did Oro actually Said that he wanted Sasuke to fight the Kyubi? Or was it something a little different? I don’t recall Oro mentioning the Kyuby, Just Naruto and his tailed state.
Orochimaru: " But before that I would wish to see our Sasuke-kun fight the kyuubi boy once. "

In chapter 291.
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-10, 17:00   Link #9
nine_tailed_kyuubi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master zoid pilot View Post
I think the whole uncertainty of who saskue was after the battle was a good enough hint. Oro still has some part to play perhaps?
it is not a hint obviously kabuto was confused and amazed that orochimaru might have lost so he wanted to make sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyu410 View Post
tkdtiger I was thinking the same thing yet another theory popped up in my head about a few weeks ago.

Theory: Orochimaru let Sasuke finish him so he would be inside of Sasuke without him knowing. Also he knew Kabuto would try to get him out and when he does Orochimaru will be reborn at 15(Sasuke's age) with a sharingan kekkai genkai and thus causing a 2nd Sannin fight.

Evidence: One of the chapters titles was new world or rebirth. Also that memory of Orochimaru's about the white snake meaning rebirth and fortune could have been a clue from Kishi that Orochimaru is coming back as a rebirth with Sharingan.
How exactly will kabuto be able to get Oro out of Sasuke ?!!!! Sasuke defeated Oro who is the master of Kabuto and Sasuke so you think Sasuke will lose against Kabuto ??!!!

In that chapter it was written in the end One of them is gone forever, also Orochimaru isn't the kind of person who can tolerate being sealed inside someone he has no patience , it was a battle to death and obviously it was Oro who died, till now no clues of what you are saying.
nine_tailed_kyuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-10, 17:21   Link #10
Asianknight82
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichimaru View Post
MY theory

Spoiler:
lol, Orochimaru became Sasuke's sperm and being reborn does sound like something he would do, lol
Asianknight82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-10, 17:39   Link #11
Kyu410

Send a message via Yahoo to Kyu410
Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_tailed_kyuubi View Post
it is not a hint obviously kabuto was confused and amazed that orochimaru might have lost so he wanted to make sure.

How exactly will kabuto be able to get Oro out of Sasuke ?!!!! Sasuke defeated Oro who is the master of Kabuto and Sasuke so you think Sasuke will lose against Kabuto ??!!!

In that chapter it was written in the end One of them is gone forever, also Orochimaru isn't the kind of person who can tolerate being sealed inside someone he has no patience , it was a battle to death and obviously it was Oro who died, till now no clues of what you are saying.
What I meant was that if Orochimaru is alive in there he'll take a likeness of Sasuke's DNA and sprout from that. And I'm not sure how Kabuto will get Orochimaru out but he's a genius so lets go with that. Hope that was more clear.

But you do have a point. The chapter said one of them is gone forever.
Kyu410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-10, 18:02   Link #12
RuNE
bomberman

Send a message via AIM to RuNE
I think killing off Oro would be/is an idiotic mistake.
He's a deeply rooted character in the whole story (a good one at that), and killing him off so easily would seriously be a neg hit to this manga.

Move on to bigger and better things?
Is this another DBZ? I liked this anime because the characters had depth. I never knew it was going to be a 'power upgrade' show. Those get lame quite fast. I remember how the 3 sannin used to be the king shits of the nin world. Now it's almost as if they're nobodies. I realize the need for new villians, but bringing in 'new gen' chars with 'uber leet pwrz' that can one shot old school legendaries is almost selling out.

I honestly hope, for the sake of kishi's creativity, that Oro is still alive, buried somewhere deep in Sasuke's mind.
I mean that's what makes this show so good right? Creative enemies, powers, and fight scenes (how cool was Shika vs Temari!). Turning this whole thing into a "my pwrzz are bigger than ur pwrzz! kekeke lookit me giant fireballz fly at u destroy uuz!"...will make this show lame beyond all reason.

Just my 2c.
RuNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 18:56   Link #13
animernq

It's possible that Orochimaru and Sasuke have fused together, rather than be two people living in the same body. I remember before the 3 year jump Orochimaru told Gen'yumaru that his consciousness would live on in him. Though it seems that if this occured he does not care about Orochimaru's research.
animernq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 21:31   Link #14
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by animernq View Post
It's possible that Orochimaru and Sasuke have fused together, rather than be two people living in the same body. I remember before the 3 year jump Orochimaru told Gen'yumaru that his consciousness would live on in him. Though it seems that if this occured he does not care about Orochimaru's research.
I see what you are saying. I got another theory. Oro. may be dead, but it's his subconciousness that is still within Sasuke. This would mean that though Oro. is dead he still can see and feel some of the same things that Oro. did. That would be interesting.
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote