AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2013-12-25, 10:00   Link #1
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 660 Discussion Thread

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting another's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-25, 10:43   Link #2
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Can't wait to see what sort of Deus ex machina Kishi uses to save Naruto.
Old 2013-12-25, 11:05   Link #3
itachi-san314

wasn't that the old priest who lived with chiyo? so he's another jinchuuriki who lost his bijou and lived to tell about it? it's getting to the point where jinchuurikis dying from the extraction seems less likely
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-25, 11:32   Link #4
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

A ten tail Kurama, watch it will happened.
Old 2013-12-25, 12:13   Link #5
DKN117

MY PREDICTION: Minato will transfer the other half of Kurama into Naruto to replace the half he just lost.
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-25, 12:24   Link #6
Kumagawa

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
wasn't that the old priest who lived with chiyo? so he's another jinchuuriki who lost his bijou and lived to tell about it? it's getting to the point where jinchuurikis dying from the extraction seems less likely
No that is not Ebizo it's someone else.
Kumagawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-25, 12:34   Link #7
Johnny
Working the bags...

It's got to be something with eyes that will save Naruto. Kishi has such a hard on for eyes he can't pass up on something like this. A morphed or new breed of Rinnegan/sage mode mixed together...

Whatever it will be I wonder if Gaara knows hence the last page with Kurama and him chatting it up...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-25, 13:02   Link #8
Tchadnis

next week we going to see something i believe , lol some secret only kurama know
Old 2013-12-25, 14:07   Link #9
SeanQ

would be nice if it wasn't just the jinchu's having to defend themselves from madara ... thousand soldiers just watching the bijuus get taken lol i really hope someone on the sideline is prepping something during all this retarded actions
Old 2013-12-25, 14:13   Link #10
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
When Shukaku first appeared in part 1 it had an alternate backstory where the One-tail used to be a priest who went insane and turned into a malevolent spirit in the form of a tanuki and promptly sealed inside a teapot; the giant object behind the priest in the chapter. This was until the Tailed-Beasts as a whole were planned and revealed, making it a retcon for Shukaku, until this week's chapter integrated both back-stories into one.

So to sum up, Shukaku is sealed inside a priest, everyone forgets said priests name and starts calling him Shukaku, priest dies or the One-tail is extracted/released and then sealed to into giant teapot, and in-universe people start mistaking the Tanuki's origins.

The more y'know.

I felt this chapter is pretty good, now I just wanna see what Yang-Kurama is planning, if anything at all. Bee and Gyuki are mostly likely alright seeing as they cut off their tail to do that tentacle replacement thing again.
Ihaxlikenoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-25, 15:05   Link #11
GDB

I'm thinking Kurama is planning on overloading the statue. Wasn't it said before that the statue needed balance, hence why they waited so long to go after the Kyuubi? Even now, Madara planned to start with the one-tail. So, Kurama is likely planning on throwing it all for a loop by letting himself get inserted to it first.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-25, 17:12   Link #12
Soji

^I think there is more than that. Remember that Ying Kurama told something to Mianto? Something about Naruto and something that will happen soon?

So; while I agree with you I really think that there is much more than that.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-25, 21:27   Link #13
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumagawa View Post
No that is not Ebizo it's someone else.

could be his father i guess. they look almost identical for a reason i'm sure
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-25, 22:56   Link #14
velvet nightmare

kind of confused by the last page, so naruto was ejected on purpose and something between 9 tails and gaara?

probably something about they have to be friends forever
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-25, 23:35   Link #15
Hiking_Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
would be nice if it wasn't just the jinchu's having to defend themselves from madara ... thousand soldiers just watching the bijuus get taken lol i really hope someone on the sideline is prepping something during all this retarded actions
Really. If it's not too much trouble, maybe one of the kages could take off the 3D glasses, put down the bag of popcorn, and take those black rods out of Hashirama.
Old 2013-12-26, 05:47   Link #16
hsz

Madara just extracted 2 bijuus, and then sealed all nine of them AT THE SAME TIME WITHOUT BREAKING A SWEAT, just like that. IMO that is just utter garbage. Obito was the fucking ten tails jinchuuriki and they managed to defeat him. Apparently Madara is more powerful than Obito was with the ten tails?? Makes sense..
hsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-26, 11:54   Link #17
DKN117

Aha! Ha! In my first read-through, I missed Bee severing a tentacle tip when Madara's pulling him in! Guess he remembered that it worked on Sasuke, so... Man, Bee & Gyuuki are really good at throwing spanners into the enemy's works, aren't they?
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-26, 13:12   Link #18
shalala

Nice to see that 1 tails got some back story. I do hope the other 6 gets some backstory.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-26, 13:16   Link #19
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
Nice to see that 1 tails got some back story. I do hope the other 6 gets some backstory.
Don't think so, They're not related to any established characters in the story.
Old 2013-12-26, 14:03   Link #20
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiking_Bear View Post
Really. If it's not too much trouble, maybe one of the kages could take off the 3D glasses, put down the bag of popcorn, and take those black rods out of Hashirama.
For reals! lol
though i wonder if even touching them will bind whoever grabs them.
what i really hope is that hashirama is sharing some information with sasuke.
at the very least tobirama ought to be heading towards his brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKN117 View Post
Aha! Ha! In my first read-through, I missed Bee severing a tentacle tip when Madara's pulling him in! Guess he remembered that it worked on Sasuke, so... Man, Bee & Gyuuki are really good at throwing spanners into the enemy's works, aren't they?
except the chain is still around 8tails neck...perhaps killer bee is inside that tentacle cuz they have figured out if the host keeps some bijou chakra they wont die immediately or something like that