AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2009-10-06, 04:01   Link #20281
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
Someone should tell Mitsuuru that untwisting a twisted pair cable increases noise from outside.

Unless you WANT things to go horribly, horribly wrong...

And there might be a few more flaws as well.
Joe4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-06, 04:28   Link #20282
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
I was in the middle of this post when something happened and I lost everything. Oh, well.

Happy Birthday Kaisos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I don't think you can, actually. If you have this scene, you're either locked into Hijack or Final.

Also, why would you want to play the other routes again?
To see what kind of awesome secrets we did (not) hide for replays. Also, the flowchart disagrees with you. But it is kinda outdated now.

Quote:
He's not obsessed yet. In fact, I might change that up simply because it isn't entirely in-character for him. Kyon is not proactive.
He don't need to be proactive to be obsessed. I kinda inderstand what you mean by out-character, however.

Quote:
He's lazy, and just wants to go home and relax, I guess.
Yeah, I guess he don't worry too much if the danger is not imediate.

Quote:
Play Umineko.
I will. But, really how it should be? I have used a similar effect for the prologue. Just before the ripples, and I had to make a pause to give time the player finish reading the sentence.

Quote:
It originated when we decided who would be voicing him.
Evn then, it should be somewhat similar to the original Mori right? I don't want to complain to much because he is awesome.

Quote:
We're changing it up a bit now. It's your fault.
Mine? Why?

Quote:
National age of consent is 13, but as prefectural law overrides national law, it can be as high as... 18, I believe.

I don't know Hyogo Prefecture's age of consent, however.

But yes, it is creepy, yes, they did have some kind of relationship, and no, Itsuko does not want to talk about it.
Wait. That means Snou and Itsuki also had a kind of relationship?

Quote:
No, you were right, it's Yuusuke. Also, you're finished Clannad?
Unfortunatly no. I haven't played much these times. I hope I will back in this weekend.

Latter I edit/post comments about the scene. Danm lost of post, I was almost finishing it. ¬¬
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-06, 04:39   Link #20283
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Spoiler for September the Fifth, Day 4: "Hotel"- The Power of Love (II):

This is supposed to be immediately after The Search. Don't look at me like that.

There is going to be a lot of errors and wording issues here since I'm very tired and writing complicated stuff always takes a lot out of me.

I'll fix it later.

Last edited by Tyabann; 2009-10-06 at 05:11.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-06, 04:59   Link #20284
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
Quote:
Satou: It’s not just because all of you are gone. It’s because you in particular are gone that he ended up like this.
You forgot a / in the tag.
Old 2009-10-06, 05:14   Link #20285
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Okay, sorry guys, I can't do this. I can't finish Day 4 tonight. Maybe Wednesday/Thursday night.

I have homework to do in the morning and goddammit, I'm tired and I can't see myself finishing SEVEN more scenes before morning.

I'm really sorry.

At least Day 5 is short... Maybe... orz.
Old 2009-10-06, 05:27   Link #20286
Puffendahl
Että koko kokkoko?

I'm officially in love with Satou Mori now (the slight pun on the power of love was purely accidental, I assure you)

It's a shame how little fan art there is of genderbent Mori and Arakawa. Those scenes just now made me need more.
Puffendahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-06, 08:36   Link #20287
scify
Sometimes minor editor

Send a message via MSN to scify
I go away for a day or two...

Has Jintor come back, or should I keep doing edits?

Umm... Happy Birthday, Kaisos! Long live the green! Or something.

Cake is good. Cause, y'know... the science gets done and you make a neat gun and all.
Shadow takes all.
scify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-06, 13:06   Link #20288
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffendahl View Post
I'm officially in love with Satou Mori now (the slight pun on the power of love was purely accidental, I assure you)
It seems the intended effect I want him to have is working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffendahl View Post
It's a shame how little fan art there is of genderbent Mori and Arakawa. Those scenes just now made me need more.
A shame indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scify View Post

Your edits are always welcome.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-06, 13:51   Link #20289
Heatth

Quote:
Okay, sorry guys, I can't do this. I can't finish Day 4 tonight. Maybe Wednesday/Thursday night.

I have homework to do in the morning and goddammit, I'm tired and I can't see myself finishing SEVEN more scenes before morning.

I'm really sorry.

At least Day 5 is short... Maybe... orz.
You were really trying to finish it in one go? Take it easy.

I remember Danchou saying something about making Day 5 bigger. Cause it was more or less skiped if you don't choose to take a walk.

Quote:
Spoiler for September the First, Day 4: Streets of Nishinomiya- The Power of Love (I):

This should make sense, but I forsee Heatth having a lot of complaints.
I have a lot of less complaints then you might think. Besides what I already said by msn (I don't think dial-up can be wireless), I don't think a so old PC can effort a LCD monitor. It is probably not compatible. (I mean, Win 95? couldn't be 98 at alst?)

I also would complain about the wire-in-the-vein thing. Why is that necessery? Couldn't he do it wiht his mind or something? However, I remembered the Yuki biting Mikuru and conclude that it just don't matter.

By the way, I was the only one who thinks ending the Power of Love with Mori finding Yuuki totally gay? Specialy with Satou explanation earlier/latter.

I think I had some more things to say... But I lost it when I lsot my previous post. ¬¬

Quote:
Kimidori “turned on” his eyes for us again, and displayed on the screen was the back of a man frantically working at some machine. Kimidori seemed to be sitting down behind him.
Err, why 'again'? He stoped doing it at some time?

Quote:
Satou: Hmm? Who are you? You’re not Itsuko-chan. Why is your voice inside my head?
...he is not able to say the voice is coming from behind him? Also, He haven't met Myonko already?

Quote:
…I didn’t know Mori-san could be this dumb.
I agree with her here. At last this stabilish Mori acting as Mori in Lone Island. Probably as an act for being a 'traditional-normal buttler' for Haruki.

Quote:
I should probably explain who these people are.
I love this explanations. This is completely unnecessery for two reasons. First, everyone who play this game probably know then anyway. Second, we have already seen they last scene. It is still necessery, tough.

Quote:
Satou Mori-san and Arakawa-san I both met during our trip to the island this summer. They were working as hired help at the mansion, and, as such, the last time I saw Mori-san he was wearing a butler uniform, not the… spy outfit he’s clothed in now.
I would say you forgot to mention Arakawa was also the cab on the taxi. But Kyon don't know that yet.

Quote:
Itsuko: Unknown, though she does seem to have, ah, similar interests, and the SOS Brigade still seems to exist in the same form.
She seens to forgot mentioning that at last female Yuuki(Yuuko?) has powers.

Quote:
Arakawa: We can’t run off of conjecture. We’ve got to have proof. We’ve already thought that it could be Suzumiya-san behind this, believe me, and if it is him, or, indeed, any Suzumiya-san, we have even less hope.
Not even Arakawa have patience to Koizumi's theorys.

Quote:
Kyon-chan: Well… what about the Data Overmind? Shouldn’t they be able to bring us home, if we can communicate like this? Couldn’t you just convert us to data and send us across or something?

Emori: We probably could, but the process might, first of all, kill you, and second of all, Nagato-san would have to remain behind if we went that route.

And that’s unacceptable. Nagato remaining behind, I mean.
I half expect Itsuko suggesting asking Yuki's help here. She should be able to, since Yuuki could use the 'other' IDE powers. But I guess it is not reliable enough, as they don't know her. And Yuuki seens to be kinda afraid of her or some reason.

Quote:
Arakawa: …Several hours ago, the main Agency HQ was attacked… by an Avatar appearing in broad daylight.

……

Arakawa: It vanished soon after, but most people working there are considered either dead or missing.

Itsuko clenched the edges of her skirt.
...Don't thy get tht too easy? It was the first time something like that happened. Shouldn't Kyonko freek out or something? I mean, she commented about it latter, but I would expect a more imediate reaction, cuted by Mitsuuru's line.

Quote:
Satou: It’s not just because all of you are gone. It’s because you in particular are gone that he ended up like this.

Kyonko: What are you trying to say, Mori-san?

Satou: It’s the power of love!
Satou is awesome. Period.

Quote:
Mitsuuru: I guess we better get used to our new lives here, huh?
That I find weird. Given his theorys of how time works, he should believe they are going back in a way or another. Since Haruki "never" destroyed the world.

I know you are using some Phlebotinum explanation to make the paradox don't work how it is suppose to, but Mitsuru don't know that do he? This would make more sence from Itsuko's mouth, me thinks.

Quote:

Umm... Happy Birthday, Kaisos! Long live the green! Or something.

Cake is good. Cause, y'know... the science gets done and you make a neat gun and all.
I don't think Jintod had back. I didn't see himm last few days, anyway. So I guess your edits are wellcome.
Old 2009-10-06, 14:12   Link #20290
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
I have a lot of less complaints then you might think. Besides what I already said by msn (I don't think dial-up can be wireless), I don't think a so old PC can effort a LCD monitor. It is probably not compatible. (I mean, Win 95? couldn't be 98 at alst?)
I know '98 can work on a flat screen, the hardware just needs to be able.

Also, I don't see why dial-up can't be transformed to a Wi-Fi signal. All you're changing is the Physical layer, it should work.

Though I still don't get it with that cable. One end is in Yuuki's arm, the other in the router; how does the PC connect?
Old 2009-10-06, 14:32   Link #20291
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe4evr View Post
Though I still don't get it with that cable. One end is in Yuuki's arm, the other in the router; how does the PC connect?
The router is plugged into the PC?
Old 2009-10-06, 15:28   Link #20292
Nanao-kun
ナナオーくん

Quote:
I'm not sure how someone can confuse such a fact even if it isn't explicitly mentioned.

Anyway, great work Kaisos. No hints for finding out who greentext is in these scenes, but that's alright.
Old 2009-10-06, 16:54   Link #20293
Aebliss
Story Master

Send a message via AIM to Aebliss
Quote:
And here's another Goddamn Update.

Goddamn. I'm tired.

Spoiler for September the Fifth, Day 4: Hallway- Pitiful:

Bah, crappy ending.

I don't even know how this turned out. Tell me, please.
Okay, this is the kind of instalment I love! Keep 'em coming, please! ^^

Quote:
Spoiler for September the Fifth, Day 4: After School- Walking Home:
The "walking home with Haruhi"-bit is very sweet. I liked it. ^^
"Walking home with Tsuruya" was more than a little disturbing. It worries me, and is well-written.
"Walking home with Girl A" was very funny. ^^ Nicely done! Your work is not in vain.

Quote:
Spoiler for September the First, Day 4: Streets of Nishinomiya- The Power of Love (I):

This should make sense, but I forsee Heatth having a lot of complaints.
Hilarious. Simply hilarious. Itsuko's such a naughty girl. ^^;

Quote:
Spoiler for September the Fifth, Day 4: "Hotel"- The Power of Love (II):
Glee, excitement!

Last edited by Aebliss; 2009-10-06 at 17:27.
Aebliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-06, 20:50   Link #20294
CanadaAotS
Manly Picnic

Send a message via MSN to CanadaAotS
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivify93 View Post
...So, in all seriousness, did Satou Mori come off as a pedophile to anyone other than me? I mean, sure, Itsuko's developmentally accelerated, but still.
Quote:
He seens to be older then 18, at last. I would say over then 25. If Itsuko is 15, then he is still a pedophile, no matter how mature she is. He is not a lolicon, at last...
The definition of pedophile, is one who is attracted to pre-pubic children.
It's going well beyond a reach to say Itsuko is pre-pubic... :|

Quote:
Oh, wait, I am not sure how the law work in Japan. The legal age is pretty early right? So he might not be considered a pedophile after all. (it is still creepy to me, tough, if you assume he is 10 years older)
Again, wrong definition of pedophile. The charge would be something like corruption of a minor, statutory rape, etc.

Quote:
TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY WOO
You dinged? gratz.

Quote:
Spoiler for Umineko Ep2 epic scene:

And then when you roll back the text, it's not even there.
Oh god the mindfuck. Imagine if you've been playing for hours. You'd probably wonder if you really saw the line or not...

Quote:
But yes, it is creepy, yes, they did have some kind of relationship, and no, Itsuko does not want to talk about it.
Good thing we have a writer who I'm sure will be more then happy to write about it

Fixed. If you get the joke, you're a horrible person. It's ok, you can laugh

Windows 95 and dial-up... wow. That's one mean machine right there. I bet it has a whole 500 MB of hard disk space too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth
My 1680x1050 native resolution monitor could run on an old windows 3.1 / dos mode x486 as long as it has a VGA graphics card. Which computers have had for at least 10 years afaik. Most LCDs have backwards compatible connections, although you won't be able to display resolutions higher then what the video card can handle... so think, 640x480 (256 colours) on a 21" monitor. hahaha.
CanadaAotS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-06, 22:18   Link #20295
scify
Sometimes minor editor

Send a message via MSN to scify
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth
The bit about the screen not working on Win 95, because I don't feel like digging it out of your post.
As Canada mentioned, the OS isn't an issue, possibly excepting the appearance of the display (I don't remember if Win 95 had decent widescreen settings built in, but that's not really much of an issue). The real question is how advanced the monitor is: I've seen some that don't have VGA inputs (instead using DVI).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe4evr View Post
Quote:
Umm... I'm not sure if that would work via a standard router. Wouldn't it make more sense with a Yuuki--->Computer--->Router--->Wall configuration? Also, I've never seen a router that accepts RJ-25 cable, though that doesn't mean they aren't out there...

I'm skating on the edge of my knowledge in this area, though, so anyone who knows better feel free to correct me.

EDIT: I hadn't even considered the idea of Yuuki playing the part of the Internet. Hmm...
Shadow takes all.

Last edited by scify; 2009-10-06 at 22:33.
scify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-06, 22:22   Link #20296
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

If this story is as many years back as suggested, you won't find many (if any) DVI only computers nor monitors.

As the the router and Yuuki...what is the context of this relationship? What part is Yuuki playing? Terminal? Junction? or Internet?
Old 2009-10-06, 22:38   Link #20297
GDB

I assume Yuuki is acting like an external hacker, using the connection to do as he pleases behind the scenes.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-06, 22:49   Link #20298
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

If Yuuki is the Terminal hacking into the Internet...the wire doesn't need to be plugged into the Computer. (Data Interfaces use SQL...who needs a computer?) If he's the Internet hacking into the computers via the hub, the the wire doesn't have to be connected to the Internet.

It he's plugging into an existing system via the router...then he'd probably using an unused port, thus the other wires are already in place (the the Internet and the Computer(s)).
Old 2009-10-06, 22:55   Link #20299
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
If Yuuki is the Terminal hacking into the Internet...the wire doesn't need to be plugged into the Computer. (Data Interfaces use SQL...who needs a computer?)
Wasn't he almost completely broken down before due to complete lack of contact with the... whatever it's called? He may need the cable to hack into it while being able to maintain his other programs.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-06, 23:02   Link #20300
Heatth

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaAotS View Post
The definition of pedophile, is one who is attracted to pre-pubic children.
It's going well beyond a reach to say Itsuko is pre-pubic... :|

Again, wrong definition of pedophile. The charge would be something like corruption of a minor, statutory rape, etc.
Well, I guess the word aren't used the same way in all language... Curiously, the actual law terms are closer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaAotS View Post
My 1680x1050 native resolution monitor could run on an old windows 3.1 / dos mode x486 as long as it has a VGA graphics card. Which computers have had for at least 10 years afaik. Most LCDs have backwards compatible connections, although you won't be able to display resolutions higher then what the video card can handle... so think, 640x480 (256 colours) on a 21" monitor. hahaha.
This is kinda scary... Anyway, I didn't know someone would bother to do a LCD backward compatible... Well, the resolution of the game is 800 x 600 anyway (not wide screen, the monitor they stole is not wide screen either). We may have some fun making the resolution/colors of that scene looks like a decade old.

Quote:
As Canada mentioned, the OS isn't an issue, possibly excepting the appearance of the display (I don't remember if Win 95 had decent widescreen settings built in, but that's not really much of an issue). The real question is how advanced the monitor is: I've seen some that don't have VGA inputs (instead using DVI).
Widescreen shouldn't be a problem. I was assuming it was pretty advanced. But who knows. Kaisos assumes it is seting in 2007 and Kyon/ko are not savy enough to know by look which one is the mos advanced (exept that LCD > CRT).

Quote:
Umm... I'm not sure if that would work via a standard router. Wouldn't it make more sense with a Yuuki--->Computer--->Router--->Wall configuration? Also, I've never seen a router that accepts RJ-25 cable, though that doesn't mean they aren't out there...
I assumed he was using himself as a 'computer'. And the router was for the school lan right? There are probably more (crapy) computers there, and all needs internet. The computer being mostly to show the image... But, now I think on it, then to PC itself shouldn't be necessery. Just the monitor (also pluged in Yuuki's veins... iiierk)

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan