AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2006-04-21, 12:16   Link #1
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

A little experimental cover art

I was doing a bit of fooling around last night (was bored at work) and I decided to tinker with an idea and ended up with this. This is a filler cover for another book idea I'm working on as part of my Earthfleet series. This book covers the early years of the fleet when they first get started, and includes some content prior to man's first trip into space in 1803. (no, not modern history, we're talking fiction history here)

This is only a filler cover and a more professional cover will be done later, but I thought I'd share this with you guys and see what you thought.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-21, 13:43   Link #2
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Kinda looks like one of those cheesy 70's band or movie poster. Wouldn't it be easier\better if you just made a professional cover and have people comment on it instead of using a filler?
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-21, 14:32   Link #3
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
I actually like the effect you did on that shiny thing there (Sun? Moon? Suisei Seki?).

Though it's an experimental thing, I like the style of it, although I think you could use better ships(?) in there; their quality doesn't match the quality of the rest of the pic, and I have to agree with Shiryuu there in that it looks a bit like something made on the 70's. But if you will do a vectoring and paint it yourself, it will look pretty good.

Also I don't think the font you used for "First Dawn" matches well with the picture, nor with the name above it. I'd think that a more strong font would be better, but that's personal preference. Maybe a little borderline around the letters could do it too.

Keep up at it :d

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Zero Shinohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-21, 18:39   Link #4
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Well, that kinda was the look I was going for. Since the book rewinds things back to the really old days, so to speak, I thought an older style cover would work best.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-21, 18:45   Link #5
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Yeah, that is what I had thought.

If it fits your ideas, then go for it!

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Zero Shinohara is offline   Reply With Quote