Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2007-10-31, 15:11   Link #341
Selo
Lost Cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutui View Post
but at the time I must have been around 14 so I don't think I'd been able to understand the series anyway
Really? I started reading it when I was 8 (no joke) and understood it just fine. Granted, that was only the first volume, but I started with all the following volumes at 11. I finished the whole series when I was 12, maybe 13, and still got all of it. A young reader of Narutaru I was, and still am, at almost 14 now! I'm most likely one of the youngest fans there is. EDIT: I've alway been under the impression that most American fans started by reading the Dark Horse versions in their teens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutui View Post
One question that... really isn't of importance but I'm curious about it anyway;
Spoiler for narutaru volume... 6???:
I always thought that was just a little change between the anime and the manga. Because I think in the anime she calls him "oni-chan", I think, and in both versions of the manga she just calls him "lover". Maybe he was changed from a much older boyfriend into a sibling for the TV show to remove the sexual connotations that might have been too hot for a more general audience.

Last edited by Selo; 2007-11-02 at 16:29.
Selo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-31, 15:55   Link #342
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selo View Post
Really? I started reading it when I was 8 (no joke) and understood it just fine. Granted, that was only the first volume, but I started with all the following volumes at 11. I finished the whole series when I was 12, maybe 13, and still got all of it. A young reader of Narutaru I was, and still am, at almost 14 now! I'm most likely one of the youngest fans there is.
You'll have to take into account that different people do mature at different rates. I'm 21 and get tessed a lot because I often act like I'm 30...

Quote:
I always thought that was just a little change between the anime and the manga. Because I think in the anime she calls him "oni-chan", I think, and in both versions of the manga she just calls him "lover". Maybe he was changed from a much older boyfriend into a sibling for the TV show to remove the sexual connotations that might have been too hot for a more general audience.
I wouldn't be surpirsed if that were the case. They also tried covering her up a little in the anime...not by that much though.

Anyway I finally got to the end of the manga (as limited as my Japanese is) and wow it was so heart breaking to watch. Just when you think things would work out too. It has now made my most depressing series list. Also the whole NGE style end was a nice touch too. However I still can't get over that...

Spoiler:

Last edited by Dark Wing; 2007-10-31 at 19:03.
Dark Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-31, 16:46   Link #343
Selo
Lost Cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
However I still can't get over that...

Spoiler:
Yeah, in a way that was needed, but I think it's still more just a matter of
Spoiler for Narutaru:
Old 2007-10-31, 19:06   Link #344
Dark Wing

Quote:
Yeah, in a way that was needed, but I think it's still more just a matter of
Spoiler for Narutaru:

Their is one thing I couldn't get.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-10-31, 19:15   Link #345
Selo
Lost Cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Spoiler:
Because
Spoiler for Narutaru:
Old 2007-10-31, 19:57   Link #346
Dark Wing

Quote:
Because
Spoiler for Narutaru:
Oh I see they took the Twilight route. I always liked those kind of stories.
Old 2007-11-02, 17:05   Link #347
Selo
Lost Cause

Exclamation Let's start a revolution!

This is kind of redundant, but for those who don't feel like going through the whole thread for info again, and we've waited long enough, so here it is: a preposition for a big movement to save the English manga.

Dark Horse Comics has been emailed by several people from the Narutaru LiveJournal community and (I'm almost certain) members of this forum concerning future continuation of the series. Some people from the LJ comm, including myself, have gotten replies from the Dark Horse staff. The responses all had the same general gist, so I'm going to repost it here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Horse online staff
Thanks for your interest in Dark Horse! Unfortunately we do not currently have plans to continue with the Shadow Star series (my reply added that they would "pass your letter onto our editorial department for review").

Keep an eye out on the Dark Horse website, in the manga zone, however, for all the latest and greatest information. You never know when something might change.
So that's it. Later questions revealed that the main reason for the series' cancellation was a lack of sales.

But there is hope! They still have the rights to the whole series, so the manga's fate still rests in their hands. We have to start up an email campaign - send mail to Dark Horse convincing them how great Narutaru is, how much the fans want it continued, and the rich opportunities they would have if they continued translating and printing it. Be sure to also compliment them on a job-well-done with volumes 1 through 7 and thank them for picking the project up in the first place With luck and hard work we might be able to turn their opinions around.

The actual email address to contact DH is unknown, so you can just use this form, which I'm pretty sure everyone who contacted them has done.

And, of course, if you haven't already, go out and support the series financially by buying all of the Dark Horse volumes that you don't have already. They're expensive, so buy them one by one if need be, but make sure to pick them up to show your love for Narutaru. They're great for those who can't get the raws; and DH won't want to consider reviving something that doesn't sell.

So let's hop to it! Who's with me?
Old 2007-11-16, 11:46   Link #348
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!

Hi all.

Since the English language licence holders have discontinued the release of Narutaru and the series may never see a full release I thought I would highlight the efforts of a couple ofpeople who have posted on 4chan's \a\ board. My apologies if I shouldn't be linking to this however it appears these guys wanted to see the translated series so much they took it into their own hands. I believe they are translating the official (continuing) German release into English.

Here are the links for Volumes 9 & 10 of Narutaru scanslated into English all credits go to the Scanslators:

http://rapidshare.com/files/64145671...vol.9.rar.html
http://rapidshare.com/files/69298649...ol.10.rar.html

I realise some of you may not want to visit the chans so here is the direct rapidsearch link for any future releases that we might see.

http://rapidsearch.yi.org/?s=narutaru

Oh yeah and heads up, volume 10 is pretty strong stuff....
tsurumaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-19, 13:24   Link #349
Narutaru4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsurumaru View Post
Hi all.

Since the English language licence holders have discontinued the release of Narutaru and the series may never see a full release I thought I would highlight the efforts of a couple ofpeople who have posted on 4chan's \a\ board. My apologies if I shouldn't be linking to this however it appears these guys wanted to see the translated series so much they took it into their own hands. I believe they are translating the official (continuing) German release into English.

Here are the links for Volumes 9 & 10 of Narutaru scanslated into English all credits go to the Scanslators:

http://rapidshare.com/files/64145671...vol.9.rar.html
http://rapidshare.com/files/69298649...ol.10.rar.html

I realise some of you may not want to visit the chans so here is the direct rapidsearch link for any future releases that we might see.

http://rapidsearch.yi.org/?s=narutaru

WOW thanks alot, I've been waiting for someone to scanlate the rest of the volumes. Now I can finish reading the rest of the manga after all
Narutaru4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-20, 18:55   Link #350
Selo
Lost Cause

OMG. Thank you so much, Tsurumaru! Now the LJ group won't get to do their scanslations, but at least we have an accurate English version and raws of all of the volumes - I can't thank you enough for this. And the possibility of 11 and 12 being scanslated makes me happy beyond belief. *bookmarks* Seriously, thank you! I can't wait to read these, plus I get the raws of chapter 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsurumaru
Ah yes, the infamous volume 10. Now that it's in English it shall probably now be more widely known as the one that can match book 6 in brutality and terror. It actually didn't freak me out much content-wise, though of course the events themselves were miserable.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Selo; 2007-11-21 at 21:46.
Old 2007-11-24, 22:25   Link #351
BonBon
Rabu-rabu-zura?

Wonderful! Just as I started revisiting the series, too. Thanks so much!
BonBon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 07:44   Link #352
Iriliane

It may be of interest to some of you that the series seems to have gotten a reprint recently as Amazon JP has all of the volumes in stock again. Even more interesting is that volume 12 is somehow managing to outsell the latest volumes of Bokurano.
Iriliane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 21:17   Link #353
Selo
Lost Cause

^ Oh my God, that's fantastic! I have to tell the LJ community now! This is awesome, now the raws are available and people can get the series in Japan again. Hopefully this will convince Dark Horse to reconsider translating the rest of it in English too.
Old 2007-12-19, 20:22   Link #354
burnout02urza

Does anyone have an alternative upload of the volumes? I can't quite seem to download anything from rapidshare- Would someone be kind enough re-upload it to megaupload? ^_^
burnout02urza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 15:23   Link #355
Narutaru4ever

Quote:
^ Oh my God, that's fantastic! I have to tell the LJ community now! This is awesome, now the raws are available and people can get the series in Japan again. Hopefully this will convince Dark Horse to reconsider translating the rest of it in English too.
Yeah and who knows, there may be hope that a second season might come out
(cross fingers)
Narutaru4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-26, 11:46   Link #356
tarochan

yay, a narutaru thread! its so hard to find a fanbase for narutaru D:

thanks for those links to vol 9 and 10. just a heads up, vol 11 is in english now too XD
tarochan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-26, 11:55   Link #357
Bijoux
Alien Symbiote: Borg

I myself am finding this to be wondeful news!! But could someone clarify this for me? I was just on the Manga-Sketchbook sight, saw this news post, and then came over here to see if anyone else had seen it. Does this mean that they plan on reviving their Narutaru scanlation project? They don't seem to have any files up in thir downloads section, thouth I'v seen torrents of them.

Spoiler for Copy of the News Post:

Edit: 2 Questions...
1. Does anybody know where to get Chapters 30-44?
2. If Mangasketchbook where to re-release their scanlations, would they be for a direct download, or in another form, such as bittorrent? <-- Which I have no problem with.

Last edited by Bijoux; 2007-12-26 at 12:50.
Bijoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 10:23   Link #358
Selo
Lost Cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bijoux View Post
1. Does anybody know where to get Chapters 30-44?
I'm pretty sure those are the ones from Japanese volumes 7 - 9 that weren't serialized in their own graphic novels by Dark Horse, yet translated in Super Manga Blast!. I'll give them to you:

Links to direct downloads of chapters 30 - 44:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=72ZXY8TD
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XHTGD1I0
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X8FZ0SN8

There. That should be all of the missing ones.
Old 2007-12-27, 10:39   Link #359
Bijoux
Alien Symbiote: Borg

Quote:
I'm pretty sure those are the ones from Japanese volumes 7 - 9 that weren't serialized in their own graphic novels by Dark Horse, yet translated in Super Manga Blast!. I'll give them to you:

Links to direct downloads of chapters 30 - 44:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=72ZXY8TD
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XHTGD1I0
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X8FZ0SN8

There. That should be all of the missing ones.
Thank you so much!
Bijoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 11:49   Link #360
ellifeedn
Thinker

After some time I finally got to read the series (up to vol. 10 now) and, while it was graphic and very disturbing in some parts, it was interesting. Can't wait to finish.
Spoiler:
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote