AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Rozen Maiden

Notices

Old 2007-03-27, 15:14   Link #6681
Kageitenshi
Meep meep, I'm a creep

Send a message via ICQ to Kageitenshi Send a message via MSN to Kageitenshi
That's a good one! Could imagine something like this to have happened:

Oh rats! I just broke my last yellow glass eye... I've already got two dolls with heterochromia, soooooo..... *looks around the workshop and outside the window* AHA! *Scetches a rose on the blueprints* Eureka! *runs outside to the rose garden, picks up a fittingly colored rose* This'll do juuuust fine!
Kageitenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-01, 11:46   Link #6682
Cinnabon-chan
Wilde Changeling Childe

Send a message via AIM to Cinnabon-chan Send a message via MSN to Cinnabon-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Cinnabon-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost View Post
Well, I doubt that's possible; she did disintegrate before disappearing to god knows where. In other words, it looked pretty hopeless. But yes, she had an interesting personality, of which we only got a little glimpse of in Traumend. Then again, she was indirectly responsible for Souseiseki's death, which made my Queen-sama cry; unforgivable!!

Sure Barasuisho seemed to crack, but she vanished before we saw her completely disintergrate, even if half her face had caved in.

But then again, Sugintou was burnt to ashes pretty much at the end of Rozen Maiden, and she came back, even though it pretty much seemed to suggest she was destroyed.
Cinnabon-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-01, 21:09   Link #6683
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnabon-chan View Post
Sure Barasuisho seemed to crack, but she vanished before we saw her completely disintergrate, even if half her face had caved in.

But then again, Sugintou was burnt to ashes pretty much at the end of Rozen Maiden, and she came back, even though it pretty much seemed to suggest she was destroyed.
Well by Enju's earlier actions (and I guess his definition of love) he should apply the mallet to Bara when she is in a sack, as she did not do what she was supposed to (absorb the Rosa Mystica). Personally I don't agree with this type of action myself and I don't think he would do it...

Last edited by grey_moon; 2007-04-01 at 22:35.
grey_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 20:31   Link #6684
Cinnabon-chan
Wilde Changeling Childe

Send a message via AIM to Cinnabon-chan Send a message via MSN to Cinnabon-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Cinnabon-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
Well by Enju's earlier actions (and I guess his definition of love) he should apply the mallet to Bara when she is in a sack, as she did not do what she was supposed to (absorb the Rosa Mystica). Personally I don't agree with this type of action myself and I don't think he would do it...
I cant imagine him smashing her, he really seemed to adore her. She was his masterpiece, but it also seemed like he had genuine affection for her.

Also, does anyone know why sometimes the characters dont prounounce the "u" in Shinku, and it comes out as "Shink"? sometimes even Shinku says it.
Cinnabon-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-12, 22:47   Link #6685
grey_moon

Quote:
I cant imagine him smashing her, he really seemed to adore her. She was his masterpiece, but it also seemed like he had genuine affection for her.
Yah I have to agree with you there, but I do think that makes him a bit of a hypocrite.... Unless of course he does his smashing doll's in a bag thing to scare children!
Old 2007-04-14, 09:03   Link #6686
Lost

Quote:
Also, does anyone know why sometimes the characters dont prounounce the "u" in Shinku, and it comes out as "Shink"? sometimes even Shinku says it.
Flo would jump on this ("sTink"). But meh, I've never heard a "Shink" from any of the characters. Maybe you mean: "Shin-ke" with the "ku" bit said so fast that it sounds like a "ke."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnabon-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon
Yah I have to agree with you there, but I do think that makes him a bit of a hypocrite.... Unless of course he does his smashing doll's in a bag thing to scare children!
Actually, I think there's a good chance he would smash her. I feel that he only loved her and acted that way to her because she was his masterpiece; and he thought that masterpiece could become Alice. Now he knows she can't - thus I doubt any of the love remains. He seems like a cold person - I remember his cold emotionless face watching Shinku and Bara (or Gin?) fighting in the Garden. I doubt he would spare his doll now that she has been found lacking.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 18:24   Link #6687
Suiseiseki
どうぞ ★ヽ(´ー` )ノ

Quote:
Actually, I think there's a good chance he would smash her. I feel that he only loved her and acted that way to her because she was his masterpiece; and he thought that masterpiece could become Alice. Now he knows she can't - thus I doubt any of the love remains. He seems like a cold person - I remember his cold emotionless face watching Shinku and Bara (or Gin?) fighting in the Garden. I doubt he would spare his doll now that she has been found lacking.
Poor Barasuishou.
Suiseiseki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 02:46   Link #6688
grey_moon

Quote:
[
People do have a strange way of showing their love sometimes
Old 2007-04-30, 13:48   Link #6689
princess lilo
Anime Freak

oops, i accidentally started a new rozen maiden thread, sorry!
princess lilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 13:55   Link #6690
princess lilo
Anime Freak

I do think Traumend is better than the first season, but i haven't fully seen the first season, but i have read the manga, and it kept me reading!
i do have the whole rozen maiden traumend OST, and I am tottaly going off the subject, anyways, I loved Episodes 10-12 of Traumend, and I did like the season final of Rozen Maiden, but Traumend was the best!

YAY ROZEN MAIDEN, YAAAYY!
princess lilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-16, 08:41   Link #6691
tyciol
*Artist

It was pretty strange since he kept on saying nice things about Shinku's beautiful battle, only to get emotional over Bara. Was he contemplating the qualities that would be added to Bara when she wins?
tyciol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-18, 11:18   Link #6692
Lost

I don't think it's neccessarily strange in your context. One can admire a rival's masterpiece.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-31, 00:44   Link #6693
innominate
hiatus almost permanent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
One can admire a rival's masterpiece.
Or perhaps jealousy. Rozen wasn't exactly an active rival.

Hmm... Watched both seasons of RM yesterday, inspired by sol's vectors XD. Heh, will find time to post in the discussion threads if they get warmer Kkex!!
innominate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-31, 12:43   Link #6694
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ oh great someone who has jumped onto the wonderful bandwagon called ROZEN MAIDEN!

plz post your feeling etc so we can start a healthy discussion :3

(but be warned...this person is a gin sama lover so you are my enemy by defult if you like a certain ***** )

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-31, 15:03   Link #6695
Ayame_
Ever Bright, Ever Blue
*Graphic Designer

Ill take my chances, i personally hated Gin in the first season and warmed up a bit more to her in the 2nd season. so you can go after me as you see fit now.

personally, i thought Jun was useless for the entire thing, its like he was impertinent to everything around him and couldn't grasp it. I can see Shinku bashing him constantly for being useless.

great show in all, enjoyed it, gotta watch it again for screen caps, but my fav doll is still Souseiseki, she seemed to be the only one who thought everything though and wasn't ignorant. She did take Bara's bait, but im sure any of them would have minus Suiseiseki as she was very Ghandi like through it. thats my 2 cents.
Ayame_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-31, 15:13   Link #6696
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
hmm i see...but imo sou's personality changed a great deal from the OVA where she was stubbon as hell (which caused gin sama's unfortunate relationship breakdown with shinku...)

in S1 jun really is an idiot...but i liked him more comming into S2...he matured as well as a person kicking his hikkikomori status and this time it was shinku with the mind problems...

and you hate gin sama you say? shame on you her reasons are well justified for wanting to "junk" shinku as well as we also see her turning better as a person (doll lol) ever since she met megu...ahh the love :3

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-31, 15:48   Link #6697
Ayame_
Ever Bright, Ever Blue
*Graphic Designer

oh i agree with several of your points, sou and everyone else grew from over the 1st to 2nd seasons. Jun did so, and yes i got less annoying, but he still was annoying, it was like he didnt know how to act with the dolls, so he just ignored them.

shinku's mind problems of the impending alice game gets him to care for at least on of them, he also grows alot in the last ep during the battle, stopping Shinku form killing Bara.

and Gin related: i dont question her motives, i think most people(or dolls) would want some kind of revenge for being junked, the ova was very informative, almost wish i could have seen it during traumend instead of after, it really fleshed out the conflict. and i warmed up more to her during traumend, and her with Megu was touching, im still not a fan in the Gin-cult, and after looking through several posts in this section it is a rather large group.
Ayame_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-01, 09:21   Link #6698
mdauben

I just finished watching Rozen Maiden ~Träumend~ last night and thought I would share a few thoughts (pardon the long post, or if I am retreading ground that has already been covered in this thread).

After watching and really enjoying the first season of Rozen Maiden, I was looking forward to ~Träumend~, but I have to say after watching it I was somewhat disappointed.

What I though made the original Rozen Maiden so great, were the characters of Jun and Shinku, and their relationship. The way the two characters were developed through the course of the series, and the rather unique relationship that grew up between them made the anime really great. On the other hand, that "chemistry" between the two seemed gone in ~Träumend~. Where as Jun had provided both emotional and "magical" support to Shinku in the first season, he seemed to almost be a side character in this season, who did little except hang out in the doll shop, and yell at everyone to not fight.

There seemed to be an attempt at developing the relationship between Jun and Suiseiseki, but it was half-hearted and in the end really didn’t amount to much. Suiseiseki did her tsundere act, trying to disguise her “feelings” for Jun, but he remained totally oblivious to her throughout the series, and did little to help her or support her emotionally. In addition, Shinku seemed either oblivious or indifferent to any sort of relationship between the two, and didn't seem to even care about sharing her "servant" with Suiseiseki. I would have expected at least a little jealousy to make things more interesting. But nothing.

While in the original series Suigintou was a classical "sympathetic villain", in ~Träumend~ Barasuishou and even more so Enju were just loathsome creeps, with no real redeeming qualities. Barasuishou seemed to be little more than a shallow clone of Suigintou, mimicking her appearance and sinister persona, without the depth that made Suigintou such a great antagonist for the other dolls.

Even the ending was just not especially satisfying. The moment between Jun and Shinku paled in comparison to the much more emotional ending of the first season. The whole thing ending was something of a deus ex machina, too. It was not due to anything that either Jun or Shinku did, and made all their efforts (such as they were) rather pointless. The fact that two of the dolls are still “asleep” at the end also put a damper on the “happy ending”. Obviously it’s a set up for another season, but still…

I hate to come across as so negative, and it was still good in its way, but as I said compared to the first season it ended up somewhat disappointing and in the end, unsatisfying.
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-01, 10:28   Link #6699
innominate
hiatus almost permanent

I disagree with your points about Bara and Enju: they have alot of significance...

In fact, the villain of Bara holds alot deeper as compared to Gin.

But I'm still writing my post so I'd explain later =D
innominate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-01, 10:44   Link #6700
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by innominate View Post
I disagree with your points about Bara and Enju: they have alot of significance...
I'd be verry interested in hearing why you think so. To me they were uninteresting, shallow and dissappointing.

Quote:
In fact, the villain of Bara holds alot deeper as compared to Gin.
Can you explain, becuase I just don't see why. Barasuishou's only motivation seemed a shallow "father love", simply mirroring Suigintou's motivation, without the backstory or sympathetic elements that made Suigintou such a great "villian".
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, comedy, drama, fantasy, nomad, peach-pit, seinen, sequel, supernatural