AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-07-24, 14:25   Link #1
sperry

Send a message via AIM to sperry
Any Buffy/Angel fans?

I'm pretty lacking when it comes to anyone to talk to about Buffy and Angel, so I was just wondering if anyone on here was a fan. Anyone?
sperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-24, 14:32   Link #2
DekaMaster
Banned

I am more a fan of Angel but buffy was ok.
DekaMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-24, 14:34   Link #3
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

I hope they would just get off my TV
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-24, 15:28   Link #4
Lunchboxx

Send a message via AIM to Lunchboxx Send a message via MSN to Lunchboxx Send a message via Yahoo to Lunchboxx
I was a pretty big fan of bolth, I still watch the reruns of angel. I miss them, they were the only things on TV that I could find worth watching, I barely ever watch tv anymore.
Lunchboxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-24, 15:39   Link #5
gravitation
Don't use animesuki now..

I am a fan of buffy and angel! I found it sad when Angel ended...It wasn't that long ago since it ended over here in the UK
I like them both equally...Buffy has something that Angel doesn't while Angel has something that Buffy doesn't...I don't know!
gravitation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-24, 16:13   Link #6
Ending

Truth to tell, I thought both of those series were pretty much rubbish, consisting of showing half-bare boobs, one woman beating the hell out from ten men, and the standard half-thought-out plot.

But then I do not watch much TV, all of the series being more or less trash.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-24, 17:24   Link #7
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
who want to watch angel or the slut Buffy when u got anime and hentai from us the fansubbers? I personally dont waste my intellect with american tv series
Yamano667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-24, 19:10   Link #8
sperry

Send a message via AIM to sperry
Now, I understand if you don't like the whole vampires and demons thing. But I honestly want to know, how can you think the plots are "half-thought-out"?
sperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-24, 19:47   Link #9
DekaMaster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirhe
Truth to tell, I thought both of those series were pretty much rubbish, consisting of showing half-bare boobs, one woman beating the hell out from ten men, and the standard half-thought-out plot.

But then I do not watch much TV, all of the series being more or less trash.

You should just admit you never watched this series then. I mean if you are going to describe something that IS NOT buffy or Angel in anyway just admit you never watched them. They didn't show half-bare boobs. And The only time she beat the hell out of ten "men" is when they were vampires or demons.
Old 2004-07-24, 19:48   Link #10
DekaMaster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamano667
who want to watch angel or the slut Buffy when u got anime and hentai from us the fansubbers? I personally dont waste my intellect with american tv series

Just curious but what anime group do you edit for? It's very important I find out.
Old 2004-07-24, 19:52   Link #11
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
Originally Posted by DekaMaster
Just curious but what anime group do you edit for? It's very important I find out.
Just curious but where did he say he is an editor? It's very important I find out.
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-24, 20:04   Link #12
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Sin_
Just curious but where did he say he is an editor? It's very important I find out.
LOL

I was a huge fan of Buffy... THE MOVIE! well, I was ten by that time, so any piece of crap seems interesting, specially with vampires ^_^ and I had this huge interest in vampires at that time (I even fell in love with Dracula >_<! ), not that I dont like vampires now

I'll admit I watch the series, but its not the most clever show ever, there were some good episodes, but only because of the ocassionaly cool monster. Besides Sara Michelle Gellar sucks hugely as an actress and is pretty much the same with the rest of the actors. I wont deny they have improved lately but they are a long way to be good.
mantidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-24, 20:18   Link #13
killmoms
Former Triad Typesetter

Not a Buffy/Angel fan, but I am a Firefly fan, which was done by Joss Wheadon, and is FANTASTIC.

--Cless
killmoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-24, 20:22   Link #14
DekaMaster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Sin_
Yamano667
fansub editor / timer

Eyes are good
Old 2004-07-24, 20:35   Link #15
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
Yamano667
fansub editor / timer

Eyes are good
Woops, you got me there Funny thing is that in his Profile it says Encoder and Timer. Oh well, I can't make excuses this time - but wait, do we know if his group translates from <insert Language> to English? If it says that anywhere in his profile I'll get my eyes checked
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-25, 00:31   Link #16
maxthelostboy

Quote:
I am more a fan of Angel but buffy was ok.
the exact oppisite of me lol. I liked angel in buffy but his own spinoff threw me out! I cant stand the angel show! I liked buffy while they were in highschool. I sorta didnt care once faith came to the show but whatever! i like the buffy movie i thought it was good!
maxthelostboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-25, 01:06   Link #17
KeinikuSuki
鶏肉がとてもおいしい。

Send a message via ICQ to KeinikuSuki
Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry
I'm pretty lacking when it comes to anyone to talk to about Buffy and Angel, so I was just wondering if anyone on here was a fan. Anyone?
I have to say, both of those shows are pretty lacking when it comes to plot.

However, Angel has one redeeming quality:

Elizabeth Röhm guest stared!

I only have one word to say about her, "Mmmmmmmmm."
KeinikuSuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-25, 01:49   Link #18
kamij0

Buffy is ok during the 1st season and the next few. It starts getting worst when spik e appears. Buffy should die and not come back.
kamij0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-25, 02:40   Link #19
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

OMG! I used to watch Buffy a long time ago, when I was young. My mom was shocked to see lesbians in it though, lol, and she was my favorite character! Willow, was that her name? Anyways, the only ep I really remember is the one where Buffys mom goes crazy and is in her bed and is yelling at something to stop looking at her and they all think its just her random shouts...and then the camera shows the demon-like thing on the ceiling, oh god it creeped me out...so bad I still remember it XD, Oh and I remember the Angel halloween one too, only because it showed him half naked
ChibiDusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-25, 07:30   Link #20
Ending

Quote:
You should just admit you never watched this series then
Well, if we are talking about "Buffy: the Vampire Slayer" and "Dark Angel" TV-series, I know what I am talking about and those two *are* standard Hollywood trash. True, I haven't watched too many episodes (only three, in fact), but those were enough to confirm that I were wasting my time.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote