AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2010-01-25, 18:52   Link #22061
dragon4dudes
Uncountable rationality

Send a message via MSN to dragon4dudes
HOLY CRAP. Reminds me of a random mix of various anime and manga I've seen, read and/or watched. Along with some American and Chinese sitcoms.... Nice job, Kaisos. Quick question, when did the Nayuki thing start again?

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so. Douglas Adams
Where facts are few, experts are many. Donald R. Gannon

void foo() {foo();} // Can you guess what this line of code does?
dragon4dudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-25, 20:21   Link #22062
Iaevuous

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon4dudes View Post
HOLY CRAP. Reminds me of a random mix of various anime and manga I've seen, read and/or watched. Along with some American and Chinese sitcoms.... Nice job, Kaisos. Quick question, when did the Nayuki thing start again?
The first relevant mention of Nayuki in the thread seems to have been made by otai, which Kaisos picked up here.

Ithekro explains the origins here.

Kaisos fully incorporates the name into the project here.

So... since Post #15120 officially?
Iaevuous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-25, 21:00   Link #22063
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

So basically all these VN's are in the same world? o_O
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-25, 21:19   Link #22064
dragon4dudes
Uncountable rationality

Thanks Iaevuous for the info. Jeez, I can't remember that far back or be bothered to do a simple search.

Makes sense? I guess? They all could take place in the same world or the same universe. It's not impossible.

Old 2010-01-25, 22:04   Link #22065
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I doubt that Kanon's Nayuki is Kyon's rarely-mentioned cousin, but I do theorize that Kyon's cousin is indeed named Nayuki.

Hence his name for Kyonko. It's more of an in-joke than anything else, basically. (Kyon will be introducing Kyonko to most people as his cousin, though.)
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-25, 22:31   Link #22066
dragon4dudes
Uncountable rationality

And the people whom have been introduced will presumably (not) tell the rest of the family.

Old 2010-01-25, 22:37   Link #22067
GDB

I'm now waiting for Kyon to introduce her as his cousin with Koizumi nearby, who then comments on how coincidental it is that both of their (cute) female cousins are in town at the same time.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-25, 23:18   Link #22068
edkedkedk
Hare Hare Sera Fuku!

Koizumi: You should meet my cousin! I'm sure you two will be great friends!

Kyonko: *Speechless*
edkedkedk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-25, 23:23   Link #22069
swtrooper42
Melancholic Swim Captain

Strangely enough, I've always considered the theory of Kyon, Yuuichi, and Nayuki are all cousins to be canon. (no pun intended, but still cringe worthy)

Wouldn't Kyonko also have a cousin?

Close Curtains, Thwart Snipers
Sameo, Paladin of Legend
swtrooper42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 03:00   Link #22070
otai

Send a message via MSN to otai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Spoiler for September the Sixth, Day 5, Kyon: My Room- Nayuki:

No, the truck jokes will never get old. I love that gag to bits.

What I did here was combine the last three Kyonko scenes into one, simply because there wasn't enough content in my brain or in that outline to make it last that long.

Please, do enjoy.

For those who are interested, yes, "love comedy" really is a central theme of the Co-Op Route, and yes, I did steal the closet thing from Shana.
Thanks for your hard work. The scenes really do fit the love comedy routine, and is every bit as enjoyable as the best of them, I imagine. That truck will haunt Kyon in his lifetime.

Regarding Nayuki, yeah, it's an in-joke for fans, really. But that name is much better than any other we could use. Like what else can Kyon call a girl he just picked up into his home, Chii?

Last edited by otai; 2010-01-27 at 23:14. Reason: Is everyone here so that much younger than I?
otai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-27, 17:55   Link #22071
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by swtrooper42 View Post
Strangely enough, I've always considered the theory of Kyon, Yuuichi, and Nayuki are all cousins to be canon. (no pun intended, but still cringe worthy)
It can't be canon, the works are not related at all originally. But it can be fanon, so the joke still work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtrooper42 View Post
Wouldn't Kyonko also have a cousin?
Yeah, she probably has one. He is a man and is called Nayuhiko.

Quote:
Originally Posted by otai View Post
Regarding Nayuki, yeah, it's an in-joke for fans, really. But that name is much better than any other we could use. Like what else can Kyon call a girl he just picked up into his home, Chii?
Could be any name, really. Nayuki is as good as any other. It only has the plus of the injoke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I'm now waiting for Kyon to introduce her as his cousin with Koizumi nearby, who then comments on how coincidental it is that both of their (cute) female cousins are in town at the same time.
It would be very cynical of him. Anyway, at some point they will have to tell Kyon what is going on. Also, I believe it was an unspoke ethic rule having a proper introduction to Kyon before doing anything?
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-27, 23:10   Link #22072
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Sorry about the delay in posting this:

Spoiler for September the Sixth, Day 5, Flag Check: My Room- Premonition/Phone Call/The Fox's Curse:

I know I always say this and am lying, but there WILL be more later on.

Last edited by Tyabann; 2010-01-28 at 01:02.
Old 2010-01-27, 23:54   Link #22073
luap1138

Shouldn't there be more variations on "Premonition"? If I recall correctly, you can still get it even after completing a girl's subset if you don't have enough points/that girl's points are less than another's, so (assuming I'm correct/you haven't changed it) there should be variations that tie into these subsets.

Other than that, though, good scenes. I can't wait for the rest.
luap1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 00:21   Link #22074
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by luap1138 View Post
Shouldn't there be more variations on "Premonition"? If I recall correctly, you can still get it even after completing a girl's subset if you don't have enough points/that girl's points are less than another's, so (assuming I'm correct/you haven't changed it) there should be variations that tie into these subsets.
Just take the first bits of each Phone Call scene and add the Premonition bit to the ends of them.

Problem solved.
Old 2010-01-28, 00:34   Link #22075
otai

Send a message via MSN to otai
Quote:
Sorry about the delay in posting this:

Spoiler for September the Sixth, Day 5, Flag Check: My Room- Premonition/Phone Call/The Fox's Curse:

Well, not much to say about the Premonition path, since they are only a bridge to the bad ends. The player would know that they screwed up by now. Silly bishoujo game PC; if there's no gay option, being mean to girls lead to doom.

Haruhi and Mikuru are the most normal sounding paths. Ironic that Kyon in the Haruhi path feels that he's got the worst possible outcome for that day.

Yuki path digs deeper, but Kyon probably shouldn't have asked for an exorcism. It'll be his own fault if Yuki shows up tomorrow in a Miko outfit and a bag of tools like Sugisaki's in Seitokai no Ichizon Ep. 11.

Itsuko's path is dark interesting. A large visible scar? Also funny how Kyon comments he wants to punch Itsuki; why blame Itsuki, Kyon? It's not his fault this time, as far as you know.

All in all, a great job in closing out the day. Really look forward to what you can do on Day 6.
otai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 00:41   Link #22076
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Haruhi and Mikuru are the most normal sounding paths.

Quote:
All in all, a great job in closing out the day.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA oh god I wish it was over...
Old 2010-01-28, 00:53   Link #22077
Heatth

Quote:
Originally Posted by luap1138 View Post

Other than that, though, good scenes. I can't wait for the rest.
Probably should be just a few extra lines for each variation. For Nagato and Itsuko there should be a different line in the beggining, refering to the headphones. For the others just an extra line in the end to give a sense of continuity. Not real need for a whole new scene.

Quote:
Nice scene over all. Due to it nature I will comment each sub-scene separatedly.

Quote:
Spoiler for September the Sixth, Day 5, Flag Check: My Room- Premonition:
First, as luap said, there should be a few variation here. Nothing big, just a few, or even a single, lines for the sake of continuity. The most important ones are related to Nagato and Itsuko, since having the headphones back in these scenarios is particularly weird (having Kyon mention the bandage is also cool, but not realy necessery).

I just didn't understood the Premonition (Thiefless). It is for when you leave the headphones with kyonko but don't bring her to your house?

Quote:
Spoiler for September the Sixth, Day 5, Flag Check: My Room- Phone Call- Haruhi:
Haruhi's excuse is sooo lame. Well, while it is funny, it is really needed? Since she has a 'legit' excuse anyway shouldn't she just use it from the beggining?

Also, I found interesting as Haruhi make the scene being more lightheaded(not a good word). I few something 'dark' for every scene but thies one.

Quote:
Spoiler for September the Sixth, Day 5, Flag Check: My Room- Phone Call- Asahina-san:
Kyon's reaction here are funny. And fitting in how he generally act when talking with Mikuru. He is so careless around her he woudl'nt notice if she had him in the point of a gun.

Every time Mikuru wants to have a time alone with Kyon something weird (and potentially dangerous) involving Time-Travel happen, which make me wonder what might be here, since Mikuru shouldn't be able to know nothing about the sliders here. Of course I might be overthinking and Mikuru just want to hang out with Kyon. But I definitivelly feel something dark here.

Edit-
Quote:
I knew it. /Edit

Quote:
Spoiler for September the Sixth, Day 5, Flag Check: My Room- Phone Call:
Is in time like this I know how much better Kyon treats Yuki after Disappearance. He is kinda being a jerk here, pushing her so much, even tough it is comprehensible (these headphones are really evil).

Quote:
Spoiler for September the Sixth, Day 5, Flag Check: My Room- The Fox's Curse:
Funny, at first I tought Kyon was, at once, not being stupid, making that list with clever deductions. Soon after he just went and tear of these bandages. Oh, well.

However, this list was very interesting. Specially the item c), that is, while correct, pretty missleading. I wonder if he is going to conclude she is, somehow, the responsable behind the headphones.

In any case, their next meeting is going to be pretty interesting.

Also, this was the only scene in where he don't lock the headphones in the box right?

Speaking in the box...
Quote:
Spoiler for September the Sixth, Day 5, Flag Check: My Room- Premonition/Phone Call:
I believe you posted something about it already, but "my naive childhood" is the same as "before I met Sasaki" right? And waht is locked tehre are the supernatural related stuff he was fan before that, right?

Quote:
But you always says it, and you are usually lying.

PP:
Quote:
Just take the first bits of each Phone Call scene and add the Premonition bit to the ends of them.

Problem solved.
Sorry, but I don't think I get what you mean.

Quote:
Itsuko's path is dark interesting. A large visible scar? Also funny how Kyon comments he wants to punch Itsuki; why blame Itsuki, Kyon? It's not his fault this time, as far as you know.
Silly otai, it is aways Itsuki fault. Giving how much he deceive with that smile, I am not surprised Kyon went to that conclusion. He and his 'cousing' were being really suspicious here.

Last edited by Heatth; 2010-01-28 at 01:30.
Old 2010-01-28, 01:08   Link #22078
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
Sorry, but I don't think I get what you mean.
I mean these scenes can be templated easily.

For the Premonition (Haruhi), Premonition (Mikuru) and Premonition (Yuki) scenes, you just need to take the pre-phone call bits of each, and add Kyon's premonition to them. It's pretty simple and I really don't feel like writing it out.

For Itsuko's, I'd cut if off right before he starts asking those paranoid questions, add the bit about him not caring anymore and locking the 'phones in the box, and then the premonition.
Old 2010-01-28, 01:15   Link #22079
Heatth

Quote:
I mean these scenes can be templated easily.

For the Premonition (Haruhi), Premonition (Mikuru) and Premonition (Yuki) scenes, you just need to take the pre-phone call bits of each, and add Kyon's premonition to them. It's pretty simple and I really don't feel like writing it out.
But both Haruhi's and Mikuru's scene start the same as Premonition and only change after the phone call. It is not really a big deal, as of these 3, only Yuki's change something really important. Just for extra sense of continuity.

The edit for Itsuko work pretty well, tough.
Old 2010-01-28, 01:20   Link #22080
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
But both Haruhi's and Mikuru's scene start the same as Premonition and only change after the phone call.
...? They have the bits about him discovering the headphones on his bed.

Furthermore, it's impossible to enter a normal route if you didn't go out with a girl that day, Danchou and I have decided. For ease of writing, mostly.

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan