AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-01-11, 12:11   Link #41
klare

read the manga long time ago (15 years?)

the anime cannot recreate the same atmosphere in the manga, which has a lot of dark areas

however it manages to keep the story and comedy parts, which is sufficient to make it a good eps 1

i think i saw a character from Hunter X Hunter in the OP

i would recommend this to people who want to watch a series that is not so generic
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 12:37   Link #42
LKK

First episode was loads of fun. The dynamic between the 2 male leads captured me. I hope the writers can keep up the dialogue throughout the season.

Spoiler for ep 1 specifics:

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 12:45   Link #43
Stefkov

I was glad to see a show which doesn't have the same style as every other show the past few seasons. I'm looking forward to see how the story develops and the comedy, I enjoyed watching the interaction of those two characters.
Stefkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 12:46   Link #44
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
i think i saw a character from Hunter X Hunter in the OP

i would recommend this to people who want to watch a series that is not so generic
Are you thinking about the Gon look-alike appeared right before the OP (not in it) or someone else?

Yes, this is the show people bored with anime should watch. Unfortunately, most of the time, they just pick up the most generic shit of the season instead and then complain about anime getting worse or dying. There is almost always a little gem like this one hidden in every season, you just have to look a little bit to find it. Well, it's way too early to say it's a gem, but it's definitely the most promising show of this season for me.
Old 2011-01-11, 13:10   Link #45
klare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Are you thinking about the Gon look-alike appeared right before the OP (not in it) or someone else?

yup him, sorry it was before the OP started
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 16:04   Link #46
Soviet

Oh wow, a show in which the male/female character ratio is not 1:10. It's been a while.

Great art, entertaining dialogues, interesting premise, this show is a keeper. It's kind of amazing (in a sad way) how Level-E is such an outlier because it doesn't contain any kind of harem/moe/loli elements. It shouldn't be like this
Soviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 20:51   Link #47
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

Yes, this is the show people bored with anime should watch. Unfortunately, most of the time, they just pick up the most generic shit of the season instead and then complain about anime getting worse or dying. There is almost always a little gem like this one hidden in every season, you just have to look a little bit to find it. Well, it's way too early to say it's a gem, but it's definitely the most promising show of this season for me.

This ! I approve ! That's why those gem are rare & can't continue cuz of little attendance. Well , i won't make a full arguing about it.

Currently the best first ep & best show this season for me. Adding with a great humor , this make it enjoyable. So far , the plot & characters are very interesting.
Great animation quality , i loved how they introduced the alien , it didn't looks like the typical alien. Talking about E.T , i laughed hard for the reference
OP & ED are the best this season too for me. Just wow , if it keeps like that , it'll be my favorite anime this season.
Waiting for Fractale now.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 21:13   Link #48
velocd
Witcher, with tenure

Wasn't expecting a series like this this season (i.e. a unique series that isn't another harem/ecchi). Looking forward to more.

Last edited by velocd; 2011-01-12 at 00:08.
velocd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 21:44   Link #49
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Is what I thought instantly when he was trying to prove that he was an alien
Old 2011-01-11, 21:49   Link #50
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post

Is what I thought instantly when he was trying to prove that he was an alien
He showed up in Shinryaku Ika Musume too, sort of:

Spoiler for Ika T:
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 21:50   Link #51
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
He showed up in Shinryaku Ika Musume too, sort of:

Spoiler for Ika T:
He's spreading to all the animes now
Old 2011-01-11, 23:16   Link #52
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
Oh wow, a show in which the male/female character ratio is not 1:10. It's been a while.

Great art, entertaining dialogues, interesting premise, this show is a keeper. It's kind of amazing (in a sad way) how Level-E is such an outlier because it doesn't contain any kind of harem/moe/loli elements. It shouldn't be like this
No, it shouldn't, but apparently harem shows with (non-ironic) panty shots sell well in Japan, and are super popular in the states as well if the amount of posts in threads pertaining to such shows is anything to go by, so let's just be thankful we manage to get a show or two these days that the non-sexually repressed can also enjoy.

For now, I'm pretty much assuming everyone but the lead character (assuming the baseball boy can be considered the lead) is an alien. Even the parrot!
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 23:30   Link #53
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
For now, I'm pretty much assuming everyone but the lead character (assuming the baseball boy can be considered the lead) is an alien. Even the parrot!
The parrot is totally an alien, why else would something so obviously out of place be flying near an alien wreck? As for everyone else, I can see the idea of baseball obsessed aliens working really well in this series actually.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 00:08   Link #54
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Haven't started watching yet but Yoshihiro Togashi who madeHunter X Hunter! Count me in!!
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 03:56   Link #55
Equidistant

As far as first episodes go, this one was somewhat decent I guess. There were a couple funny moments, but overall the humor sort of fell flat for me. As for the plot, it was pretty much just setup, nothing was really revealed about the direction the show's gonna take in future episodes. By far the biggest thing this show has going for it(imo anyway) is the fact that it's an adaptation of a 3 volume manga, so they'll be able to tell a full story and end it(very rare these days) in the number of episodes they have.
Equidistant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 04:50   Link #56
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
He's spreading to all the animes now
It's a huge part of Sci-fi history, so it's not surprised it's being used in shows as a reference.
Old 2011-01-12, 08:43   Link #57
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
It's a huge part of Sci-fi history, so it's not surprised it's being used in shows as a reference.
Well its still surprising for me that they still use that

Now to the thoughts about episode 1... Pretty decent nothing really to say since its introducing to us all of what we are going to expect especially with how the main character will think after seeing the true form. Something really funny was when our alien friend used those dolls
Old 2011-01-12, 08:58   Link #58
zato_1one

Wow, I never expect to like this but the first episode is unexpectedly very good! The production value is very high. The realistic approach of art separate it from other shows and makes it feel very unique. It's one of the best first episode in this season. IMO
Old 2011-01-12, 12:23   Link #59
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Truth to be told, it turned out to be much better I was expecting.
Although the humor was a bit off at times, the dynamics between Yukitaka and that alien had their quirks.
It has been a long time we got a decent male tsukkomi and Yukitaka filled the role well without going too much on the slapstick side. Meanwhile, that alien dude was leading the show with these punch lines

Definitely the best surprise of the season, and the cliffhanger opens a lot of possible issues regarding Yukitaka's take about that race of aliens. I wonder if we will have MIB-like people around, that would be quite interesting to boot.

Also: probably the most stylish opening of this season. It isn't really my type of music, but it was catchy and complementing the sequence quite well.
Old 2011-01-12, 12:43   Link #60
Nikkan

Anyone know how many episodes it will be? Checked several sites but most of them say unknown.
Nikkan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, science fiction, shounen