AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-08-05, 21:32   Link #2501
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I just love the 3rd episode and the last episode! I couldn't get enough of them. The only minus of this anime is that there are too many dialogues and many of those are shown with static picture. Those can be boring as hell!

Also, the fight with Sabi Hakuhei was shown during the episode preview where he slash anything on his path (boat, shark, sea & the whole island if I'm not mistaken).
I was skeptical with the loads of dialogue too, but then forgot that Nisio Isin created it.

4th ep will kill you.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-11, 12:58   Link #2502
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
I just love the 3rd episode and the last episode! I couldn't get enough of them. The only minus of this anime is that there are too many dialogues and many of those are shown with static picture. Those can be boring as hell!

Also, the fight with Sabi Hakuhei was shown during the episode preview where he slash anything on his path (boat, shark, sea & the whole island if I'm not mistaken).
What you call a minus is what many people call a plus - the dialog. The series really isn't about fighting though it has a lot of fights. The author is intentionally subverting the "fighting shounen" motif for a more complex story line.
Old 2011-08-11, 14:35   Link #2503
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
What you call a minus is what many people call a plus - the dialog. The series really isn't about fighting though it has a lot of fights. The author is intentionally subverting the "fighting shounen" motif for a more complex story line.
Personally, I don't have a problem with the dialogues. It's just how they are presented in Katanagatari that is too monotonous for me. For example, if you remember Shikamaru's fight in Naruto, there are a lot of dialogues/monologues about explanations/strategies in facing the enemy but they compensate it with decent background music and some slideshow/flashback/chibi-description of what being explained. Thus, the dialogues presented in Katanagatari is quite boring for me. It's a good medicine for those who can't sleep. Still, that's just my opinion.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-15, 17:35   Link #2504
Kudryavka

Quote:
Personally, I don't have a problem with the dialogues. It's just how they are presented in Katanagatari that is too monotonous for me. For example, if you remember Shikamaru's fight in Naruto, there are a lot of dialogues/monologues about explanations/strategies in facing the enemy but they compensate it with decent background music and some slideshow/flashback/chibi-description of what being explained. Thus, the dialogues presented in Katanagatari is quite boring for me. It's a good medicine for those who can't sleep. Still, that's just my opinion.
No sweat, Nisio Isin's stuff pretty much love or hate. His stuff's filled with lectures and explanation on why we would be fighting if we weren't just standing here talking for twenty minutes . I like it b/c his stuff is really mindteasing.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 09:45   Link #2505
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

This show, was perfect....my girlfriend has crying too much

She has found a funny video...enjoy....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbS1_...eature=related

I edited the video..

Last edited by Merilyn Mensola; 2011-09-12 at 08:41.
Merilyn Mensola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-12, 01:48   Link #2506
Kayoubi
Togame's Sword

Quote:
There was a lot of dialogue differing Katanagatari from other hack and slash but a lot of the talking was funny and entertaining. There are plenty of nice gags and running jokes. The extended dialogue also allows the enemies to flesh out their 'philosophies' and character traits. I'd say the talking was a nice plus for me.
Kayoubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 12:44   Link #2507
kyouray
2D > 3D

This Togame figure sure is well made. I like the hair&eye switching feature.
Old 2011-09-17, 06:11   Link #2508
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouray View Post
This Togame figure sure is well made. I like the hair&eye switching feature.
That is certainly a stunning job well done. So beautiful, that i just preordered on the spot . £50 on HLJ isn't bad at all.

& of course, short hair Togame all the way.

Last edited by Shiroth; 2011-09-17 at 14:23.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 09:03   Link #2509
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
& of course, shirt hair Togame all the way.
"Shirt" hair? I'm 100% sure I don't want to know that that is.
Slightly more on topic, I got an email today saying my part 2 has shipped. Yays!

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 14:23   Link #2510
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
"Shirt" hair? I'm 100% sure I don't want to know that that is.
It's a spelling mistake.

Still pretty that the US blu-ray release is region blocked.
Old 2011-09-18, 00:23   Link #2511
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
It's a spelling mistake.

Still pretty that the US blu-ray release is region blocked.
Just remember that blu-ray "regions" are quite different than DVD "regions" when purchasing and that there are work-arounds.
Old 2011-09-18, 03:48   Link #2512
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Just remember that blu-ray "regions" are quite different than DVD "regions" when purchasing and that there are work-arounds.
I know , but i haven't got around to purchasing an all region blu-ray player, so at the moment i'd like the easier option before i do.
Old 2011-09-18, 09:24   Link #2513
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
I know , but i haven't got around to purchasing an all region blu-ray player, so at the moment i'd like the easier option before i do.
You can change the regions... so buy two players and put labels on them.
Old 2011-09-18, 22:20   Link #2514
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
You know I had just seen soem of this serries but for those that watched series or read the novels, what exactly is the theme(s) of Katanagatari?
Old 2011-09-18, 23:39   Link #2515
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
what exactly is the theme(s) of Katanagatari?
I think there's a lot of themes in Katanagatari. One that I can point is:
It is a journey of self-discovery of the two main characters. By the end, they finally recognize themselves, their feelings, what they are and what they need to do.
Old 2011-09-19, 22:49   Link #2516
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
I guess I'll just have to pay more attention but one thing still baffles me, what did Shichika mean when he said 'maybe fighting is sueless for both humansa and swords'? Did he mean that fighting is pointless or what exactly did he mean?
Old 2011-11-04, 10:45   Link #2517
Guernsey
The GAP Man

I wonder if there is a way to beat Nanami's eyes or you just need to be even faster to beat her? I know Shichika does it eventually with the help of Togame but even it doesn't feel like Shichika truely won.
Old 2011-11-04, 22:21   Link #2518
HasuMasu
*Artist

The same way Naruto beat Sasuke's Sharingan at the Valley of End, you have to be unpredictable and fast, that's all there is I think.
Old 2011-11-04, 22:54   Link #2519
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Maybe but then there Nanmi's analysis skill, if it works the same way as the Sharingan then.....oh wait, they did that already. I read on MyAnimelist that eye retinas cannot react fast to darkness or soemthing. Nishio makes such crazy characters.
Old 2011-11-04, 23:11   Link #2520
HasuMasu
*Artist

Her eyes work way too much like the Sharingan, though it's most likely just a coincidence, Sasuke could see all Naruto's moves clearly and counter them, but he couldn't predict any movements from the demon fox cloak.

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, edo setting, light novel adaptation, nishio, romance, tragedy