AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-01-28, 18:57   Link #3001
Kondrath
The real-life Harima

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
That certainly was an epic moment.

I wouldnt call him dump. It was actually clever. He cares much more about his manga, instead of, what other people think of him. Thats Harima, if you ask me.

It's just he sometimes makes situations bigger than they needed to be. He could have just calmly explained his way out of so many situations by revealing he was working on a manga, but then just not go into details of what his manga is about. Or something like that.
Kondrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 01:40   Link #3002
KMB
Wanderer

Location: No one place. I've been around and will probably continue to move on.
Lol, exactly. I mean, if you think about his reason - why on earth would he have come there to fight Hanai? How did he even know Hanai was there? And why would he want to kick his behind? That's just random..... and that's part of why it's hilarious.
وَكَاءٍ تَرَى مِنْ صَامِتٍ لَكَ مُعْجِـبٍ
لِسَانُ الفَتَى نِصْفٌ وَنِصْفٌ فُـؤَادُهُ
يُهَـدَّمْ وَمَنْ لا يَظْلِمْ النَّاسَ يُظْلَـمِ
وَمَنْ لَم يُكَـرِّمْ نَفْسَـهُ لَم يُكَـرَّمِ
وَإِنْ خَالَهَا تَخْفَى عَلَى النَّاسِ تُعْلَـمِ
زِيَـادَتُهُ أَو نَقْصُـهُ فِـي التَّكَلُّـمِ
فَلَمْ يَبْـقَ إَلا صُورَةُ اللَّحْمِ وَالـدَّمِ
KMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 21:09   Link #3003
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

He's bitten off more than he could chew....

Well now at least his working on IH and illustrating a few artworks here and there.

Imho I really wanna see Jin Kobayashi do ecchi work.
Old 2012-01-30, 21:31   Link #3004
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kondrath View Post
lol, what? I don't remember that at all. Well... I guess it's not too bad to forget some of the manga. Now I can re-live it as if I've never read it before.
Edit: I think I vaguely remember Karasuma in a wheelchair, but not Harima. I think Harima was pushing him? If not then yeah my memory is shot. Haha.
Seems some of the translations are different from what I first read or probably I've forgotten the "real lines". You made me re-read the last chapter again.

Here Harima and Karasuma

http://sadpanda.us/images/828343-32P2N83.jpg
Old 2013-01-19, 02:49   Link #3005
SRforever

hm are there still a continuation of school rumble?
SRforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 05:26   Link #3006
senksiang90

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRforever View Post
hm are there still a continuation of school rumble?
there's only a one-shot 8 page issued once called Bessatsu School Rumble on internet.. u can try to look for it but many famous fansubs actually missed out on that chapter... and most have been taken down too.. even now i cannot find any english SR chapter for that..
senksiang90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 22:37   Link #3007
CaptainSmoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by senksiang90 View Post
there's only a one-shot 8 page issued once called Bessatsu School Rumble on internet.. u can try to look for it but many famous fansubs actually missed out on that chapter... and most have been taken down too.. even now i cannot find any english SR chapter for that..
This gives me some hope that KJ might return to SR one day. The fact the he gave his fans a one shot, interesting.
CaptainSmoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-27, 09:58   Link #3008
blade82

a reboot without Tenma and Karasuma
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-27, 10:10   Link #3009
uis

I really love to see this manga continue but maybe time to accept it ending. Seriously Sukuran and Yanmega ending really broke my heart.

-It is okay if you are weak. I will grab your hand and realize your dream-
uis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-01, 03:15   Link #3010
CaptainSmoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade82 View Post
a reboot without Tenma and Karasuma
I don't think Tenma is a problem as long as Harima accepts her feelings towards karusuma and moves on towards Eri (or yakumo for some fans.)

I'd like to see Harima and Eri Development and see what yakumo does beyond high school in terms of finding a guy. I believe KJ will one day make a sequel to School Rumble any one else feel that way.
Old 2013-08-01, 09:37   Link #3011
Marty17
Like What You Hate

I'd like to see him continue with the series - a bit weird if they kept School Rumble as a name now they left their education. But honestly, I won't hold out too much for it.
Old 2013-08-02, 09:05   Link #3012
hchop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty17 View Post
I'd like to see him continue with the series - a bit weird if they kept School Rumble as a name now they left their education. But honestly, I won't hold out too much for it.
But they never did something about their final year in school, the ending was a time skip. They could just make one about their final year in school.
hchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-02, 09:12   Link #3013
Fwarlord

Or maybe they could tell about their life in university.
Fwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-02, 09:15   Link #3014
mols

By the way, what is Kobayashi's latest work? Besides Natsu no Arashi I haven't heard of anything from him.
mols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 12:07   Link #3015
CaptainSmoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post
Or maybe they could tell about their life in university.
School Rumble was a bit open ended. If there is more SR I'd like to see:

1- The Conclusion to the Shawn-Max-Eri-Harima ordeal. WE never get to see Harima confront Shawn(around manga 280 Max asks for Harimas help against shawn)

2- Eris Parents vs the Harima-Eri engagement decision.

3- Harima developing feelings for Eri.

4- Hanai and Mikoto development.

5- Explanation of yakumos mind reading ability. More Yakumo closure, maybe she finds some one else she likes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mols View Post
By the way, what is Kobayashi's latest work? Besides Natsu no Arashi I haven't heard of anything from him.
KJ latest work is a comedy called Ichiro Hein which he just finished in 2012 so at the moment KJ is free from manga writing. It would be a good time for all his fans to spam him emails and requests for more school rumble... or a sequel.
Old 2013-08-06, 13:27   Link #3016
mols

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSmoker View Post

KJ latest work is a comedy called Ichiro Hein which he just finished in 2012 so at the moment KJ is free from manga writing. It would be a good time for all his fans to spam him emails and requests for more school rumble... or a sequel.
Ahhh, yes, I heard that name before. Is it good? I would like to read it someday. Hmmmm, I wonder if in Japan there are still people that would like more SR and somehow made it known to KJ...
mols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 14:26   Link #3017
CaptainSmoker

I'm sure there are thousands more fans in Japan that want more school rumble than there are in other countries since they have a huge manga/anime culture.

I havn't read KJs other mangas, I don't read a whole lot of manga outside of the Popular Shonens. But School rumble has stuck with me for a long time now. Would be nice if KJ gave another mini series like School Rumble Z or something. I don't think there are any characters in Manga/Anime like Harima-Eri-Yakumo. Its hard to forget them
Old 2014-02-04, 02:32   Link #3018
hchop

I still say he should try making one about their final year in high school. They could always develop everyone else even the ones we forgot about, and maybe he could show Harima and the others coping without Tenma.
hchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-05, 10:59   Link #3019
AstroNerdBoy

I suspect that Kobayashi-sensei just got tired of the series, which is why he stopped it. The fact that he left the Harima-Eri-Yakumo thread unresolved was one of the reasons I think he went back and did School Rumble Z. However, considering that it was only a single volume and he quit again, I don't think we'll ever see him return to the world of School Rumble.

As an aside, I have read a few volumes of Natsu no Arashi (shame no one has completed that...I wish Crunchyroll would pick it up so I could at least finish reading it), but I don't even remember the manga that Kobayashi-sensei did after School Rumble. ^_^;

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-05, 19:00   Link #3020
Excelion

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroNerdBoy View Post
I don't even remember the manga that Kobayashi-sensei did after School Rumble. ^_^;
Ichiro Heian. Didn't last very long though. (~1 year)
Excelion is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy