AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-10-07, 15:22   Link #421
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
I wish they'd do away with the dubstep in the mp videos as its like nails on a chalkboard for me

Anyway nice to see Valhalla back as I quite enjoyed racing about that map in the hog, that said they haven't really given it much of a face lift like they usually do with remakes which is a bit of a shame.

Spoiler for Also regarding linda::
Glasslands
Spoiler:
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 15:41   Link #422
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

So what are the chances we will see Spartan Black team in Halo 4?
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 15:42   Link #423
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Why is the UNSC still using bullets?

Shouldn't by now with all the covenant and forerunner tech they've acquired be using plasma-based weaponry?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Bullets tended to work better on the Flood than plasma weaponry... and if bullets make it past shielding, they do a hell of a lot more damage to the body and armor than plasma weaponry would. Plasma weaponry you have to deal with nasty burns and scorched armor, bullet weaponry you have to deal with nasty bloody wounds that may or may not cause organ evacuation, and shredded, perforated armor...

If its not broke don't fix it. Ballistic araments have worked for centuries, simple and lethal, point and shoot. Its cheap, covenant, and does the job It still works. In addition before the UNSC started killing the Covenant, they were killing insurrectionists. And bullets worked fine on them. They do use other forms like powerful lasers, but the Bullets and firearms used to fire them have been around so long that instead of making something revolutionary, they made it evolutionary. More advanced Ballistics. After the great war, I think they were more focused in reconstruction then advancing weapons plus harvesting the resource to make plasma weapons is kind of hard when most of your colonies are destroyed. I think Plasma does more damage to flood. In terms of using massive plasma weapons used for glassing planets to eradicate the flood
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 17:09   Link #424
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
If its not broke don't fix it. Ballistic araments have worked for centuries, simple and lethal, point and shoot. Its cheap, covenant, and does the job It still works.
That's all true, but it ignores that ballistic armaments from centuries ago are VERY different animals than modern guns. You'd normally expect guns from the 26th century to be massively different from modern day guns.

People have very CLEARLY taken the attitude over the last 400 years that guns need fixing to improve them.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 18:32   Link #425
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
That's all true, but it ignores that ballistic armaments from centuries ago are VERY different animals than modern guns. You'd normally expect guns from the 26th century to be massively different from modern day guns.

People have very CLEARLY taken the attitude over the last 400 years that guns need fixing to improve them.
Well I think most people just underestimate truly how strong the Battle Rifle is in real life, If the game portrays it right like the books this monster of gun can kill a Spartan in 2-4 shots , a Spartan with layers of Titanium strong enough to withstand armor piercing rounds, The armor's shell is composed of a multilayer alloy of remarkable strength which has been augmented with a refractive coating capable of dispersing a limited amount of Covenant energy weapon strikes. The suit contains a gel-filled layer underneath a thick black armored bodysuit. In addition to this Juggernaut of 1000 LBs armor is an energy shied powered by a small fusion reactor. With the person in the suit a super solider, I dont think a rife today can even scratch that.

Last edited by Afternoon Tea; 2012-10-07 at 23:25.
Old 2012-10-07, 19:45   Link #426
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Well I think most people just underestimate truly how strong the Battle Rifle is in real life, If the game portrays it right like the books this monster of gun can kill a Spartan in 2-4 shots , a Spartan with layers of Titanium strong enough to withstand stand armor piercing rounds, The armor's shell is composed of a multilayer alloy of remarkable strength which has been augmented with a refractive coating capable of dispersing a limited amount of Covenant energy weapon strikes. The suit contains a gel-filled layer underneath a thick black armored bodysuit. In addition to this Juggernaut of 1000 LBs armor is an energy shied powered by a small fusion reactor. With the person in the suit a super solider, I dont think a rife today can even scratch that.
Thanks for the information. I wonder which Human Rifle is the best to use in Halo now? I loved the Battle Rifle and now the DMR, so now it is hard. If you are to play Legendary than plasma pistol and one head weapon is always the best option.
Old 2012-10-09, 14:32   Link #427
DaRk HuNt3r F4n
>:3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Thanks for the information. I wonder which Human Rifle is the best to use in Halo now? I loved the Battle Rifle and now the DMR, so now it is hard. If you are to play Legendary than plasma pistol and one head weapon is always the best option.
Yeah, but we have Forerunner weapons now, plasma pistol and lightrifle/scattershot will also help.
Old 2012-10-09, 20:12   Link #428
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Forge mode looks to be coming along nicely I especially like the new magnet system and how all the assets look a bit more integrated into the environment this time around.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 21:16   Link #429
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Old 2012-10-09, 21:19   Link #430
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Well at least we know how the Ship got blown up.
Old 2012-10-09, 21:53   Link #431
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

I think the elites will be in a surprise when they board and find the chief aka The Demon inside following this
crazy how the Ark is out side the Milky Way our galaxy no wounder they need a special portal.. to here (4 years 7 months later)
Spoiler for explains in depth:
Old 2012-10-10, 13:32   Link #432
DaRk HuNt3r F4n

Quote:
Quote:
Well at least we know how the Ship got blown up.
Well at least we know who lead the Storms.
Old 2012-10-10, 17:15   Link #433
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Has anyone checked out the fanmade remixes?

This one has to be my favorite.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 01:32   Link #434
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Quote:
So what are the chances we will see Spartan Black team in Halo 4?
Possible, but doubtful. Not many people know about BLACK since they were basically only in the graphic novel + Evolutions. :L
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 05:58   Link #435
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Spoiler for Infinity is one Macross missle massacre waiting to happen:
Old 2012-10-11, 13:51   Link #436
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Seriously?

After all the crap they went through and procured so much new tech that they still resort to primitive weapons?

That ship wouldn't last long against covenant battleships.
Old 2012-10-11, 14:34   Link #437
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Thats hard to say for sure since we don't know how more advanced the existing weapons are, for all we know its 4 mac guns could be on par with the orbital defense supermacs which could literally split a covenant ship in half.

If it was state of the art then it could probably hold its own just fine as if you remember many of ships in the UNSC fleet (like the Pillar of autumn) where older ships retro fitted with newer tech so they where always at a disadvantage regardless of armament.

If I remember right in the books they used the mac canons to destroy their shields and disable the covenant ships and then finish them off with a volley of archer missiles and the infinity has a variety of over 1000 missile pods combined !!

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 15:18   Link #438
DaRk HuNt3r F4n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Thats hard to say for sure since we don't know how more advanced the existing weapons are, for all we know its 4 mac guns could be on par with the orbital defense supermacs which could literally split a covenant ship in half.

If it was state of the art then it could probably hold its own just fine as if you remember many of ships in the UNSC fleet (like the Pillar of autumn) where older ships retro fitted with newer tech so they where always at a disadvantage regardless of armament.

If I remember right in the books they used the mac canons to destroy their shields and disable the covenant ships and then finish them off with a volley of archer missiles and the infinity has a variety of over 1000 missile pods combined !!
Quote:
Seriously?

After all the crap they went through and procured so much new tech that they still resort to primitive weapons?

Infinity is 1.5x more larger then a supercarrier. In mission 4 there a lots of Covenant battleships. But i wont be suprised if most of them are destroyed by infinity. The size of a corvette is almost as large as FUD. Infinity can casually ram a corvette like its nothing...
Old 2012-10-11, 15:30   Link #439
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Seriously?

If the Infinity is armed with Super MAC sized guns, then it's perfecctly well armed against Covenant ships. The biggest problems humans always had was that covenant ship shielding made them very tough to crack.
Old 2012-10-11, 17:36   Link #440
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

The issue with the MAC guns is that it takes 1-2 rounds to take down the shields and then another round to finish it off.

The second is the power so it's literally a musket vs. rifle battle as it takes time for the MAC gun to warm up.

If it's an advanced version using covenant/forerunner tech and they're able to cut the reload and cycling time then I suppose.

The only remaining issue would be the defensive measures since a covenant battleship would have no issue slicing and dicing up a ship like that. Even the PoA had its limits so its weird that they haven't gotten into a shielding system.

Quote:
Except covenant's pew pew lasers can easily wipe out most of the missiles before they even make contact.

Tags
halo 4, sierra 117