AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-05-27, 08:05   Link #181
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by runset View Post
This is very interesting. Never i read manga that pair between protagonist and the antagonist. Well there is so many "dead flag" in this manga. For personal opinion, I want the author to make the tatsumi and esdese couple (pls don't kill esdese). This type of story is what makes this manga interesting, we don't know what will happen next and i too cannot predict the storyline. If the author decide to make tatsumi and esdese couple, we will be presented with an original story that any other mangas doesn't have. Interesting isn't it.
is not really a pairing. Tatsumi really don't like her is just her that like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
I think that Tatsumi and Akame are gonna be couple. Just take a look at the series' name and you'll find that no matter what, Akame will be the main girl and the winner. That's why I dislike any series with harem theme and one of the heroine's name is the title like Hidan no Aria, Suzuka, Tayutama, ZnT (everyone knows who Zero refers to) etc.

Still, it's been ages already that we last saw Tatsumi interacts with Akame. He did the same to most of his comrades. Hell, I think Leona even got more screen time than Akame.
I get the same feeling ,that if they both survive will end like this(them being a couple). Plus I find their interactions really good .Like the one in ch 10.Though ,the author can always kill one of them or both.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
Unless they (Revolution army) use the same tactics Gai of GC used...
Use Tatsumi (Inori) seduce Esdes (Shuu) and join in their ranks
They may not like her but the potential battle strength added by the empire's strongest can't be overlook...
If by case she is to die, she should die a befitting second last boss or mid boss death... with a bang!
Not with Tatsumi but against Akame or the very least the boss of nightraid (boss x boss fight)
But Inori always like Shu in a way or another. So was more easy for her do the job. Plus Shu don't was so bright ....while Tatsumi don't like Esdese and she is *S* + pretty smart. So i can't see her fall for something like this other that i can see them try to bring her to their side.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 08:48   Link #182
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

One thing that interest me is what Nightraid said during the first Chapters. Before the Prime Minister came, the Kid King didn't have a change to take the throne. I wonder who was their opponents, they may play a big part later on. Talking about Esdes and Tatsumi becoming a couple most likely wouldn't happen, though you can't clear out the possibility. I came here to read the story and plot line of the Manga, I can find some pretty worthwhile romance elsewhere. Though the pairing does interest me, it is like Romeo and Juliet, but to the extreme.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 08:51   Link #183
NeutralZero

Does Inori like him from the beginning? But since its a different series... let's forget it...
We go for the unless statement in compliment to the earlier one "...I doubt many people would accept the MC being in love and protecting her..."

Even if they don't like her for the monster that she is, they could use her feeling for him and her strength to their advantage... even if they don't like her at all...
Kinda like how they would view her is she became one of them...
But yeah she's smart so she may not fall for it... unless her feelings clouded a certain area of her thinking process... or certain events to come in which she would lose the favor of the empire etc etc... to make her switch side... etc etc
If there's romance that's going to be develop in both sides then its highly for Tatsumi and Akane (Esdes' may or the very very least may not remain a one sided feeling) since his statement in 10 the very least for us seems more of a confession along with her moments with Akame...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 08:57   Link #184
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Hmm isn't Leone a potential love interest for Tatsumi. Leone already had him mark, just waiting for him to mature a bit. In her words, "If you grow up to be a fine man, you're mine", something like that.
Old 2012-05-27, 09:07   Link #185
Soji

NeutralZero@ Yeah Inori like him from the start more or less ..but like you say better end here this.

I agree with what you say here
Quote:
If there's romance that's going to be develop in both sides then its highly for Tatsumi and Akane (Esdes' may or the very very least may not remain a one sided feeling) since his statement in 10 the very least for us seems more of a confession along with her moments with Akame...
Though I hope the one with Esdese stay one side feeling. You know,think about me what you want but i think she really don't deserve love. Not only because all the kill she does and how much she like kill and torture. But there is another thing ...the whole *let her man /order her man to rape * I mean she is a girl she had to know that that is the worse thing that a woman can let other do to another woman. And yet she does this, mind you I know they are in war and all. Still i think she don't really need to let them do that ...i mean why just don't kill them.

Reaper @Leone can have mark him but is pointless if he don't feel the same.
While in ch 10 he say that by his own free will. No one force him to say something like that to Akame.Though, I really find that part really beautiful.But yeah Leone is a potential love interest for him.
Old 2012-05-27, 09:08   Link #186
NeutralZero

Leone... she did mark him... forgot about that one...
But she's like a time deposit...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 09:53   Link #187
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
NeutralZero@ Yeah Inori like him from the start more or less ..but like you say better end here this.

I agree with what you say here
Though I hope the one with Esdese stay one side feeling. You know,think about me what you want but i think she really don't deserve love. Not only because all the kill she does and how much she like kill and torture. But there is another thing ...the whole *let her man /order her man to rape * I mean she is a girl she had to know that that is the worse thing that a woman can let other do to another woman. And yet she does this, mind you I know they are in war and all. Still i think she don't really need to let them do that ...i mean why just don't kill them.
Come on! Rape is common in war time especially the terrible ones. Ever heard of "Rape of Nanjing" or "Rape of Berlin"? It's that terrible, but what worse is the people who have power to prevent that but didn't do so (The Allied). What they ever did is criticizing what Red Army and Japan did. To them, doing horrible things to the defeated opponents is like giving them a retribution (Japan to China because China is harder to conquer and made their army a huge loss (really unfair considering they invaded China for personal gain), Red Army to German (and Poles, despite they not being Nazi) because Nazi killed over 20M of them). Also, Soviet is an asshole who's as racist as Nazi. They have their own concentration camps, killing people who opposed them and the race they dislike.

BTW, do you realize that Red Army have the most female soldiers especially female pilots and snipers but their army is the most horrible second only to Japanese Imperial when it comes to raping women? And Esdese gives me more of a Soviet general than Nazi. The commie actually caused more suffering to Eastern Europe than the Nazi under Soviet occupation.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 09:59   Link #188
Soji

Kleeyook@ I know this. And I fine(more or less)with rape in this story because play a role in the story. I mean have the point to show us how war work and everything else. I just say,that from my POV a girls that allow her man to do so . Is not some one that deserve love .Or you can say I think she don't human anymore. But i do see you're point and I have to agree. Like I say that was only my POV. Naive I know...still.
Old 2012-05-27, 10:47   Link #189
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Kleeyook what you said are true, the Allied Forces did stand back an allow it. They criticized them, but did nothing. In the mindset of the Governments, if rape allows the entire world to be at peace they will allow it. During the time, they didn't want anymore excess fighting especially with the Russian. The Cold War is a prime example of this. The U.S. government only tried to contain the Soviet Union, only to fail miserably. They think if they did something to the Soviet Union, Nuclear War would come. Ironically, one guy proved the experts wrong during the time and his name is Ronald Reagan, though history never give him the amount of credit he deserved for bringing down the Soviet Union. Due to the experts at the time didn't want to look stupid and wrong. Anyway enough about American History, just barely passed the class with 92. Anyway, back to the manga these types of things are not new to the world. Have anyone been in the underground tunnels in Europe? The tunnels stretch is unknown, but vast there are million upon millions of skeletons. In old wars, rape and torture were the norm after you defeated an enemy.
Old 2012-05-27, 10:58   Link #190
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Kleeyook what you said are true, the Allied Forces did stand back an allow it. They criticized them, but did nothing. In the mindset of the Governments, if rape allows the entire world to be at peace they will allow it. During the time, they didn't want anymore excess fighting especially with the Russian. The Cold War is a prime example of this. The U.S. government only tried to contain the Soviet Union, only to fail miserably. They think if they did something to the Soviet Union, Nuclear War would come. Ironically, one guy proved the experts wrong during the time and his name is Ronald Reagan, though history never give him the amount of credit he deserved for bringing down the Soviet Union. Due to the experts at the time didn't want to look stupid and wrong. Anyway enough about American History, just barely passed the class with 92. Anyway, back to the manga these types of things are not new to the world. Have anyone been in the underground tunnels in Europe? The tunnels stretch is unknown, but vast there are million upon millions of skeletons. In old wars, rape and torture were the norm after you defeated an enemy.
I live in Sweden. Nazi never invaded here since Hitler liked Swedes (but he hated Norwegians). I can't find any skeleton here though. Still, people here really hated Hitler and Stalin.

I hated USA and Soviet for Cold War. They made people living in fear of apocalypse for nearly 50 years. A lot of Vietnamese and Koreans died because of it too. ANd now we're struck with tons of nuclear that needed to be disposed of. Seriously, what kind of mind the smart people during that era had when they created so many nuclear bomb that can destroy the surface over 50 times because the fear of their missiles getting intercepted? But I think it's really logical and smart of the USA to drop a-bomb on Japan since sending their army would result in at least 100x more deaths on both sides in case Japanese held their last stand.
Old 2012-05-27, 11:35   Link #191
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Well I understand your anger Kleeyook, I am a very Patriotic American and I can say for the fact during those days people were very stupid. I swear the good presidents in the United States are probably those we had actually military experience. For now lets not go to much into American History. Had enough of it during college, lets focus on the manga.
Old 2012-05-27, 12:40   Link #192
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Well I understand your anger Kleeyook, I am a very Patriotic American and I can say for the fact during those days people were very stupid. I swear the good presidents in the United States are probably those we had actually military experience. For now lets not go to much into American History. Had enough of it during college, lets focus on the manga.
Kennedy is badass, sadly he died, although Cuba Missile Crisis didn't escalate further. But Nixon is just terrible. I wondered why they couldn't find a better human being than Diem to be their puppet government. It was the same for South Korea when they chose a corrupted dictators to rule their so called "Republic of Korea" respective "Republic of Vietnam".

I found it a bit weird with while there are so many strong people, the PM who should be the big bad seems relatively weak. He looks like the so called anti-climax final boss when we easily killed in cut-scenes effortlessly after battling through many elite guards like a lot of FPS. Manga needs a final showdown against big bad since it's not western FPS!
Old 2012-05-27, 12:42   Link #193
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Kleeyook lets not dive any farther, the Moderator will have our hinds for discussing things not related to the Manga. Right now I am interested in the chapters coming next. I already read the spoilers, just wondering how it would take place.
Old 2012-05-27, 13:04   Link #194
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Well, I somehow think that Tatsumi is still way too weak. His teigu doesn't seem really strong either except when he first used it. Esdese is so powerful that even the boss was shocked seeing her creating a large amount of ice in a flash, but Inclusio seems to only have the ability to raise defense and hiding...
Old 2012-05-27, 13:07   Link #195
Soji

Kleeyook@ Well I think is normal that he seem weak if you compare him to people like Esdese . Though he do become stronger and stronger from what i can see. I wonder if in the end , to take down Esdese (if end like a battle) not end a fight 2 or 3 again her.
Old 2012-05-27, 14:46   Link #196
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
One thing that interest me is what Nightraid said during the first Chapters. Before the Prime Minister came, the Kid King didn't have a change to take the throne. I wonder who was their opponents, they may play a big part later on.
Probably another sibling like most succession conflicts. I can definitely see the losing royalty joining Rebel Army or even being one it's leaders assuming that he/she is still alive. Of course said sibling can be just as bad as current PM.

BTW, some of the later conversation in this thread is getting into "spoiler" territory.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 15:09   Link #197
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Well in some cases yeah, though in this case I believe the evil sibling is the Kid King. It is a similar situation in history, Queen Cleopatra. She was the evil sibling, she killed off her own sister and her husband also brother to take the throne. I hope we get the back story on the throne in the manga, who knows it can be a sister or brother? Really want a sister, would change the pace a bit.
Old 2012-05-28, 14:59   Link #198
Iron Maw
Banned

Chapter 12 is out.

Whoa at Braht (hope we are actually sticking to a name this time) in this chapter, looks like he could handle all 3!

He really does look different when he was in the army though. Also good on Leone to rethink going after Esdese considering what would happen.
Old 2012-05-28, 15:36   Link #199
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Well Leone's Teigu increases base attributes, making you seem like an animal. In the case of Leone she is Lion, her instincts tells her not to attack. Animals go by instinct, we humans go by our thoughts which sometimes is very very bad. Braht is very experience, there is nothing he haven't seen. He was there before the Capital was corrupt and he had a leader to look up to only for the leader to die for not accepting bribes. How horrible as it may, it is how the old world use to work and some country do work like that too even in the present.
Old 2012-05-28, 16:00   Link #200
Iron Maw
Banned

Yeah, I definitely got that Leone was doing what most animals do in presence of a predator especially since she's hybrid when using Lionelle. But she also noticed that it's fairly weird Esdese to be so out in the open on her own without guards (even if the guards themselves are just for show).

And why Braht is no doubt very experienced, it's still very surprising that he can take two 2-3 Teigu users at the same time where everyone else including Akame has had difficulty against one. At that point I considered Akame next to the Boss (IIRC, Najenda) as the strongest member of Night Raid.

Tags
action, blood and gore, crazy author, dead protagonist, death, edgy, fantasy, happiness?, revolution, sadistic author, shounen, tragedy, we're all gonna die!